PDA

View Full Version : How do you tell if your o2 sensor is going bad or is bad?

krillin
03-28-2006, 11:15 AM
hi. i currently run zeitronix in my car and use it to monitor boost, afr, egt. i've noticed in the past day that when driving, i'll suddenly stop getting any readings (stays at 21) then after a while it will start reading again. also noticed that sometimes my readings will be totally off. it'll say that i'm idling at 9, when in actuality it's most likely 13-14. does this sound like my o2 sensor going? thanks.

kimletrim
03-28-2006, 11:20 AM
It's best to contact Zietronix directly about your problem.

But be sure to check your wiring again. If I recall correctly, you also had issue with your EGT sensor giving erroneous readings. Check to make sure that the wideband 02 wiring is not damaged or in close proximity to some other electrical wiring (such as sparkplug wires, narrowband 02 wires, etc.). Hope that helps.

krillin
03-28-2006, 11:49 AM
ok i'll contact zeitronix.

yeah, i had weird EGT spikes. my readings would spike to 1200+ even though they weren't really that high (always 1200+ never under that). i was told that it was interference with ignition coils or something since i run my egt probe wire underneath the sparkplug cover on the left side. so whenever i see 1200+ i ignore it.

krillin
03-28-2006, 03:23 PM
i spoke to zeitronix. they say that if i dont have any exhaust leaks or anything that it sounds like my o2 sensor is "on it's last legs". that sucks because i only have about 9000 miles on that damn thing.

gofaster87
03-28-2006, 03:32 PM
Those O2 sensors are cheap be glad its not a fjo kit where kty sensor is over $200.