PDA

View Full Version : Dirt Day IV: Subaru Vs. Mitsubishi challenge. Looking for drivers

evolved
03-28-2006, 12:08 PM
ATTENTION, DUE TO WEATHER CONCERNS WE WILL BE UNABLE TO HOLD DDIV ON APRIL 15TH AS WE HAD PLANNED. I WILL UPDATE THE POST WHEN MORE INFORMATION COMES AVAILIABLE. SORRY AGAIN. B

Weather report http://www.weather.com/outlook/driving/interstate/tenday/USCA1173?from=search_10day

A little history on Dirt Days.
A couple buddies and me decided to head out to 29 palms to play in the dirt, while we were out there we came across a dry lake bed. This dry lake bed isnt seen from any roads, and is as far as we can tell not used / owned by anyone.

We are looking to make another video, better organized and with more events. the place will remain on the DL until the day of the event but know that its not that far. It is 100% legal and the 3 times i have been, i havent seen anybody else out there.

i am looking for about 5-10 Evo's to go as "Team Mitsu" and i have a couple of friends on Nasoic that i am going to challange as "Team subaru". It will be a friendly comp for bragging rights only, no cash involved unless you break your car (then its your cash to fix it). the events will be RallyX, Dirt Drags..etc
THIS EVENT WILL BE POSTPONED UNTIL WE GET BETTER WEATHER Directions will be PM'd to the participants, we will meet at a designated spot then head out to the location.

Read: if you are afraid to break your car or you are scared to get your car sideways and really dirty in the dirt then dont bother. i want people that are truely willing to drive the cars the way they were meant to be driven. and go "balls to the walls" just for the sake of being a man.

Here are the previous Dirt Day videos. Right Click and Save As then enjoy.
Your computer may require DivX to show the first two videos.
Download DivX here
http://www.divx.com/

Dirt Day I
http://72.29.75.31/~videof6/zeroyonvideos/zeroyon-04Nov-EVOWRX.avi

Dirt Day II
http://72.29.75.31/~videof6/zeroyonvideos/zeroyon-04DEC-DirtDay2.avi

Dirt Day III
http://72.29.75.31/~videof6/zeroyonvideos/zeroyon-06feb-DirtDay3.mpg

Please do not pollute this thread with useless comments about how I am abusing my car, or about how you would never drive yours this way. I dont care, and neither does anyone else.

Post or PM me to be added to this event. Please include your cell phone number to contact if needed.

Thanks,
Evolved

List of members going
1. Evolved
2. Ultraflip
3. Boostin05evo
4. chrisalishuss

Terry S
03-28-2006, 12:16 PM
interesting...

Have you guys decided on a specific day or possible day yet?

Terry S

evolved
03-28-2006, 12:25 PM
Sorry bout that. I forgot to put it on there
April 15

lagcisco
03-28-2006, 12:32 PM
how dirty will the cars get?
I imagine a crapload of dirt gets into the engine bay right?
not sure if the mitsu door seals will hold the dirt out from the interior.. how was yours afterwards?

*chris*
03-28-2006, 12:42 PM
im interested ...i cant put my name on the list yet because i 'supposedly' have a live performance class trip that day. but i dont know if its required. ill let ya know.

evolved
03-28-2006, 01:44 PM
not sure if the mitsu door seals will hold the dirt out from the interior.. how was yours afterwards?

Are you serious.... Its in the dirt. There is no possibility of anything getting really dirty.

Blaze
03-28-2006, 02:08 PM

Are you serious.... Its in the dirt. There is no possibility of anything getting really dirty.

Is that the same guy who was asking about Mugen parts for his evo this morning?

This sounds like fun.
I may swing out if the parking lot is paved.
Otherwise I'll hitch a ride with Tom.

BoosTHi
03-28-2006, 02:14 PM
Are the cars going to be racing side by side.....or time trials ???

evolved
03-28-2006, 02:16 PM
sorry blaze, its in a dry lake bed. No paved surface for miles. We can always use people who can film and help run the stations.

BoosThi
Side by side for the dirt drag. Time trials for the rallyX portion (we are kicking around the idea of having duplicate tracks and running them at the same time). For the freestyle portion it is single.

Terry S
03-28-2006, 02:19 PM
I'm seriously thinking about the rallyX portion... I dont think a stock IX could hang in the dirt drags. lol

Terry S

Blaze
03-28-2006, 02:26 PM
sorry blaze, its in a dry lake bed. No paved surface for miles. We can always use people who can film and help run the stations.

Bummer. I'll be leaving my car at home and hitching a ride if I go.
Sounds like it's going to be a blast though!!
O0

BoosTHi
03-28-2006, 02:27 PM
IS it koo if people go just to watch ??

ultraflip
03-28-2006, 02:38 PM
i'm in

cky_bam_marg
03-28-2006, 02:42 PM
holy taleedo batman i wanna go :D

Terry S
03-28-2006, 02:51 PM
i'm in

If flips in, I'd go just to race him in the rallyX :D

Terry S

evolved
03-28-2006, 02:54 PM
If you want to go, PM me with your contact info. I will PM you back with everything you will need.
I dont mind if people have a passanger, but I want to say this now. People coming out to just watch and not participate are not welcome. This is not a competition (well maybe a little) this is a good chance to get out there and see what your car can do in a controlled environment, without a bunch of people watching you. It is perfectly safe, as long as you are perfectly safe. We are doing a little subi against the mitsu theme, but its mainly just me and my buddies inviting a few of you out to play in the dirt.

DruMMinStUd06
03-28-2006, 03:30 PM
a little OT:

evolved, where'd you take your avatar picture?

evolved
03-28-2006, 03:48 PM
took it out at a buddys house in muriettia

rammsteinmatt
03-28-2006, 04:19 PM
hey just a thought. i go out to dry lakebeds to launch high powered rockets (dont worry its legal and such)

but if there is the slightest rain a week before then it gets muddy. which you may or may not want, it'd be interesting nonetheless. however, the rain that we are getting today is too much. if rain like this continues to mid week at the latest, i would seriously consider calling it off.

with rain like this, its not a matter of getting the car dirty or sliding in the mud. its a matter of your car actually sinking in the mud. as dry lakebeds are just that, lakebeds that are dry. but when it rains they turn back into lakes. in the process of drying the water soaks into the ground making mudlayers that are feet thick. last i checked mud doesnt support cars all that well.

so ya know, something to think about and watch out for

evolved
03-28-2006, 04:25 PM
I have a guy that lives out that way, He is giveing me updates to the weather conditions and the contdition of the bed. If it gets too wet then this will get delayed a couple weeks. Lets pray for good weather in the following weeks.

chrisalishuss
03-28-2006, 04:54 PM
Is it open to everyone? I only have a IX with a TBE, and a reflash... but im crazy to make up for it hahaha jk

evolved
03-28-2006, 05:30 PM
Hell yea, Power mods are not required, just a willing driver.
Thats the real fun from driving on the dirt, power isnt the deciding factor. It has more to do with driver control and ability. PM me if you want a spot

chrisalishuss
03-28-2006, 06:58 PM
man, that second video, when the evo is going back and forth and spitting up those huge rooster tails... SO SICK

*chris*
03-28-2006, 07:17 PM
ill let you know for sure by tomorrow

BoosTHi
03-28-2006, 08:00 PM
someone let me get a ride..... O0

apexstrafer
03-29-2006, 12:37 AM
driving an evo in the dirt is just preposterous.

4evoblue
03-29-2006, 01:39 AM
i cant seem to be able to open the videoeven after installing divx

4evoblue
03-29-2006, 02:10 AM
mevermind i got the first one to work?... what bov was the evo running with just curious sounded pretty sweet...

evolved
03-29-2006, 08:11 AM
that was when I was running the HKS SSQV.

Terry S
03-29-2006, 12:22 PM
Hey Evolved,

Are you aware that the planned weekend is Easter weekend?

Terry S

evolved
03-29-2006, 03:16 PM
yea, I saw that last night. I hope it doesnt interfere with too many plans, but the show must go on.
Its only on saturday, and its a good way to show appreciation to whatever religion you believe in. Since I figure there will be alot of praying going on.

ultraflip
03-29-2006, 03:56 PM
i'm installing my clutch that day... hopefully i can finish quick enough to get out there n play in the dirt w/ everyone

boostin05evo
03-29-2006, 04:06 PM
PM me with the info, see if im interested in taking a drive out there or not but sounds like a hole latta fun let me know please! O0

Terry S
03-29-2006, 04:09 PM
I dont know if i'll be able to make it out that day. I think we're doing something on Saturday with the family to avoid the Sunday crowd...

Terry S

silvery_eagle
03-29-2006, 08:43 PM
third link is dead.. please fix..

evolved
03-29-2006, 08:56 PM
THIRD VIDEO IS NOW WORKING. SORRY FOR THE WAIT

boostin05evo
03-29-2006, 10:16 PM
Im in O0

silvery_eagle
04-02-2006, 11:39 PM
damn weather... i'm not sure if it's going to be ok on that place now... it keeps raining :(

nurb2
04-03-2006, 12:08 AM
Heh, that looks like a lot of fun. Evo's will own.

I took my '03 to the dry lake bed near Joshua Tree last year ... there was dirt everywhere, inside and out. It took two details and I was still finding dirt on the inside.

You will have to change everything afterwards too, cabin air filter, air filter, oil, etc. etc.

It was a complete blast though ... maybe the most fun I've ever had with the Evos.

-nurb2-

evolved
04-10-2006, 02:07 PM
ATTENTION, DUE TO WEATHER CONCERNS WE WILL BE UNABLE TO HOLD DDIV ON APRIL 15TH AS WE HAD PLANNED. I WILL UPDATE THE POST WHEN MORE INFORMATION COMES AVAILIABLE. SORRY AGAIN. B

Weather report http://www.weather.com/outlook/driving/interstate/tenday/USCA1173?from=search_10day

silvery_eagle
04-10-2006, 02:18 PM
yea... weather these days are so unpredictable...
one day rain.. the other day hot as hell..

kcross
04-10-2006, 04:17 PM
psh. cant take a little bit of rain? let me know when its back on for, maybe i can bring out my car for an appearence.

boostin05evo
04-11-2006, 12:37 AM
damn rain! >:(

JDMC-WestEVO
05-23-2006, 10:47 PM
do we have a set time frame for when you want the event. i wanna go out sounds like fun