PDA

View Full Version : 70mph in a 40mph ZONE! HELP

Fallen86
03-29-2006, 11:23 PM
Hey guys. I dont wanna make this long, i got a 70mph ticket in a 40mph zone. I was about to do a written declaration (thanks to the nice sticky on this forum) but i found out that with the speed that i did, i have a mandatory court appearance. Now what i'm wondering is what's going to happen to me when i go? what is the judge gonna say? what are my options, and what about my eligibility for traffic school and erasing the ticket? can i still fight the ticket (what are my chances of winning now?) if u want my whole situation say so and i'll gladly write it (personally it ticks me off, but i dont know how it'll do for me in court). Has anyone been thru this? thanks for the help guys you're great!

4evoblue
03-29-2006, 11:30 PM
Hey guys. I dont wanna make this long, i got a 70mph ticket in a 40mph zone. I was about to do a written declaration (thanks to the nice sticky on this forum) but i found out that with the speed that i did, i have a mandatory court appearance. Now what i'm wondering is what's going to happen to me when i go? what is the judge gonna say? what are my options, and what about my eligibility for traffic school and erasing the ticket? can i still fight the ticket (what are my chances of winning now?) if u want my whole situation say so and i'll gladly write it (personally it ticks me off, but i dont know how it'll do for me in court). Has anyone been thru this? thanks for the help guys you're great!
why were you going that fast on a 40mph zone?

EVOATEYOU
03-29-2006, 11:39 PM
i kinda had the same situtation... i got pulled over... chp gave me a ticket for 95 in a 65 (on the fwy of course)... signed the bottom of the ticket, was to apear in court about a month and a half later... then i received a letter in the mail with some options. i could pay the bail amount of $350, or i could contest on the court date on the ticket. i tried to see if i could take traffic school, but no luck. not even an option. i had people tell me that anything 25 mph or above the posted speed limit and you aren't eligiable for traffic school. i just payed the bail amount and accepted the point on my record for driving stupid >:(

Mr.Evolution8 AKA Mr. Evo
03-29-2006, 11:46 PM
yea its a point on your record just plea guilty and pay the fine you cant get traffic school sorry dude slow down next time. i payed 240 or so going 92 on a 65

javinsMR
03-29-2006, 11:56 PM
i also got pulled over this morning on my way home doing 50mph on a 40 mph zone. i guess i'll just have to pay the ticket and go to traffic school :-(

Fallen86
03-30-2006, 12:11 AM
ok here's the deal:* Me and a couple of guys were heading home from school (we were meeting up at a friend's house for some more finals review shit). we were heading for a gas station first cuz i had to get gas.* At a light, one of the cars took off and raced some unknown sti, while were were behind, they were loud like shit too. The Sti turned off to nowhere, all the cars in my study group turned into the gas station.* i was payin for gas ,1 min later a cop comes in, tells everyoen to take the keys off their cair and come sit down at the pump.* he says "you guys were street racing,* i was heading down the opposite way and i saw. but i'll be nice and i can give you all speeding tickets instead of takign you to jail (70mph)"* so being in the moment fearing jail no one defended themselves and took the speeding ticket, the cop didnt use a radar, a laser.. anything on us.*

YeS it was stupid how the dumbass raced the STi
BUT this is seriously profiling isnt it?
and how can he give a speeding ticket (TO EVERYONE) with no proof of speed?

Let me know wut u guys think, sorry if i'm dumb about it, but it ticks me off, can i fight it? and my chances of winning?

4evoblue
03-30-2006, 12:32 AM
you should have said somethng why take a icket when it wasnt your fault

Fallen86
03-30-2006, 12:45 AM
the thing is, i couldnt just stand up, point, and say "HE DID it" i guess i just didnt have the nerve to. and also the cop was more than eager to say that EVERYONE raced, my word against his = me in jail ?*

all in all i think it was a case of of the cop finding an easy target for 5 tickets so that he can complete his quota.

what is the best way to beat this, or is it impossible to win a case like this when you're 19 years old and driving a car with a wing?

Evoegg
03-30-2006, 01:28 AM
if you dont wanna do the TBD then try to find a local lawyer!

have you tried to do a TBD online yet?? if not.. try it

Evoegg

Fallen86
03-30-2006, 01:40 AM
the letter that they sent only said that a court appearance is mandatory, it didnt tell me my fine, didnt give me any options for TBD, nor any options for traffic school.

silvery_eagle
03-30-2006, 09:48 AM
you might have to wait for the courtesy notice from the c ourt though.. they'll give you better idea of what's going on

Stuff
03-30-2006, 10:25 AM
What city was this in?

When I got a mandatory court appearance, I was going 64 in a 35 (I was younger and stupider then... now I'm just stupid. :buck2: This was 7 years ago in 1999 in West L.A. for reference) and supposedly the ticket was ineligible for traffic school. Anywhos, I go to the court date and ask for traffic school and he checks the ticket, say "Wait a sec..., no wait, yeah you're o.k. to go". I go to traffic school, no points. :)

The judge has the power to do whatever he wants... just ask if you can take traffic school... as long as you haven't taken it in the last whatever months they'll probably let you go. I'm sure the judge would rather get the extra court fees for you going to traffic school, then have to deal with another trial...

Ticket was a hefty fine, but I learned my lesson... well, not really. :rally: :2funny:

gen4k20a2
03-30-2006, 11:20 AM
I dont know what the hell you all are talking about. I got 2 tickets...one for goign 94 the other 97 on the freeway....guess what i wentto traffic school both times. This wasin the last 3 years...most recently 1.5 years ago. The law is over 100 no traffic school automatic gank of your license for a month. if the judge dosent offer you traffic school then thats his option. I got the mandatory court apperance too but i was offered it both times.

Took it both times

Fallen86
03-30-2006, 11:36 AM
alright i'll probably ask for traffic school first, then if the judge doesnt give it to me then i should do some kind of contesting, ist that the best idea? thanks for replying guys

gen4k20a2
03-30-2006, 11:37 AM
well if youre gunna not get traffic school then id fight the crap out of it

x[corwyn]
03-30-2006, 12:00 PM
http://www.ticketassassin.com/

My roommate just won his case after using this. Its money well spent.

Stuff
03-30-2006, 12:17 PM
alright i'll probably ask for traffic school first, then if the judge doesnt give it to me then i should do some kind of contesting, ist that the best idea? thanks for replying guys

Yes. Also, if for whatever reason the hearing judge doesn't let you take traffic school, contest, and at the contest court day if you don't win, ask the trial judge for traffic school...

I'm pretty positive they'll let you take traffic school... it's more money for them...

Fallen86
03-30-2006, 08:54 PM
^^ for sure, thanks for the advice!

Fallen86
04-04-2006, 10:17 AM
ok i went to the judge and asked for a TBD, stay tuned to see wut happens!

4g63superboost
01-20-2007, 11:49 PM
wut da hell i got a 79 in a 45 ...(not in the evo)...$403 dollars later ....how come all your fines arnt that much??

Fallen86
01-21-2007, 12:01 AM
look in the "TBD how to" thread, i won my case!

Evo8supercar
01-21-2007, 12:15 AM
Last year the three times that I went to see the judge and got one 8 hour and two 10 hour traffic schools (Never attended them) and no points on my driving record.

So go to see the judge don't go to trial, you don't stand a chance if the cop is there. The Judge will override and sent you to traffic school.
You can also take an extention few days before the date on your ticket than go online and sign up for to see the Judge and you will have to waste 2 hours but it's worth it. Remember to plea no contest and you ask to go to traffic school, also ask for three months extention to pay the ticket.

evo mr
01-21-2007, 01:00 AM
THIS IS WHAT YOU DO, EXTEND THE TICKET WAIT LIKE SIX MONTH CHP WONT REMEMBER COURT CAUSE OF YOUR EXTESION

IF THE CHP DONT SHOW YOU WIN THE CASE, IF HE DOES GOOD LUCK OR HE WONT REMEMBER A THING,

THATS WHAT I DID AND MY TICKET WAS FOR 95MPH ON A 55 ZONE

Fallen86
01-21-2007, 01:46 AM
how do u ask to extend it? what reasons do u give?

Granny Shifter
01-21-2007, 02:11 AM
I got an 85 in a 45. Canyons and the cop was a damn liar. My ticket costed $375. I had a court appearance date, but I pleaded not guilty and paed bail. I had a point, which I removed with traffic school. The rule is you can't go to traffic school if you go over 100 mph.

gen4k20a2
01-22-2007, 12:09 PM
THIS IS WHAT YOU DO, EXTEND THE TICKET WAIT LIKE SIX MONTH CHP WONT REMEMBER COURT CAUSE OF YOUR EXTESION

IF THE CHP DONT SHOW YOU WIN THE CASE, IF HE DOES GOOD LUCK OR HE WONT REMEMBER A THING,

THATS WHAT I DID AND MY TICKET WAS FOR 95MPH ON A 55 ZONE

that wont always work...actually it wont work most of the time cause half decent cops write down the details after you leave....IE what they are doing after you pull away and they are just sitting there

WavMixer
01-26-2007, 09:30 PM
if you dont wanna do the TBD then try to find a local lawyer!

have you tried to do a TBD online yet?? if not.. try it

Evoegg

TBD's have worked twice for me, and twice for friends I've helped.
court system - 0
TBD - 4

you do the math....

4G63 FEVER
01-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Nothing like a bunch of whiney bitches, fact they caught you speeding take your whipping and quit complaining.

Or maybe I'm just a grumpy ass that didn't use this and my last cost $300.00.

4g63superboost
03-25-2007, 10:01 PM
dang all u guys got off easy i had to pay $403 big ones ....then on friday befor i had to go to traffic skool on sat i get popped again getting out of skool....grrrrrr .i was gonna do TBD but i didnt have the money to post bail .....40 in a 25 and not having plates .....$176....12hr traffic skool here i come...??? ( cop profiled me big time !!!)

909Evo
03-26-2007, 09:31 AM
40 in a 25 and not having plates ..... ( cop profiled me big time !!!)

Are you sure its not because you were doing fifteen over without license plates?

sleeping
03-27-2007, 11:13 AM
^ ha ha

4g63superboost
10-16-2007, 12:37 AM
40 in a 25 and not having plates ..... ( cop profiled me big time !!!)

Are you sure its not because you were doing fifteen over without license plates?

mabe but ...there is no way i was going 40 becuz i had cars in front and behind me ...the cop is just a dick...btw if u live in RSM/MV look out for pigster trujilo ...cop bike pigster

vial8or
10-16-2007, 01:15 AM
i was ticketed for 80 on the freeway. funny thing is the cop didnt show me radar or anything, the offramp exit was wrong, and i was doing at most 50 cuz it was on the offramp. this was before i had the evo though. dad told me it wasnt worth it fighting it, and i did the traffic school online
pretty easy

Fallen86
10-16-2007, 03:47 PM
its not just the traffic school.. its the fine. 300 bucks can get u a nice power mod

jeric
10-17-2007, 09:23 AM
be careful of the fines on court appearances...people say 200-300 but check to see if there's a penalty assesment fee involved with your citaton...that is 24$ per every 10$ of your bail...if you got a ticket for 200 for example that would be 20 sets of 10$ for bail...so 20x24 is 440 dollars plus your bail...640 total plus other stupid fees.

Granny Shifter
10-17-2007, 10:19 AM
i got out of a 25+ with traffic school. the fine was 400 :(

jeric
10-17-2007, 08:10 PM
is that 400 including the assesment fee or just the bail?

gsrIXevo
10-17-2007, 08:32 PM
man if your smart.. show up... in button down.. with tie.. and slacks... no tennis shoes...

make sure you come with the YES and NO SIRS.. but you may also consider using "your honor".

and be ready to explain yourself.... try not to just come out and say you did it if you are pleading not guilty.. but if u plead guilty ... find out how u can still explain your actions.. but common sense and respect for the judge may get you less charges but... it sounds like u were speeding in a residential street.... (and because of the deaths that have happen lately.... i wish you luck in explaining what you were doing )

jeric
12-07-2007, 01:25 AM
any updates on this?...my court date is coming up too and i'm in a similar situation....it's been pushed back for almost a year now...i hope the guy forgets to show....it's the day after new years too...8am stupid huh...

Fallen86
12-07-2007, 06:05 PM
just ask for a trial by declaration when you show up