PDA

View Full Version : Peugeots too slow, French police get Subarus

Terry S
03-30-2006, 10:36 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/funonwheels/03/30/subaru_police.reut/index.html

Peugeots too slow, French police get Subarus
French Gendarmerie Nationale to use Subaru Impreza WRXs for chase vehicles. French cars were too slow.
March 30, 2006; Posted: 12:19 p.m. EST (1719 GMT)
PARIS (Reuters) - The next time a criminal in a getaway car in France looks in the rear window the chances are that the vehicle in pursuit will be a blue French police Subaru.

The Japanese car brand, part of Fuji Heavy Industries, has sped past French rivals to win a key contract for fast intervention cars for the highway police.

"We have a contract to supply 63 cars to the Gendarmerie Nationale for patrols on the roads," Subaru spokesman Gilles Varmoux said on Thursday. "There was a tender for four-door, four-wheel drive cars that could go faster than 240 km per hour (149 miles per hour) and had a reasonable price," he added.

The Subaru Impreza WRX cars will replace Peugeot's 306 S16 and the Renault Megane Coupe.

The police forces are among the most faithful clients of the local car makers, but this time the French offerings were just too slow.

"These new vehicles will allow the national police to fight the most serious and most dangerous road offences," the Gendarmerie Nationale, part of the defence ministry, said on its Website.

It added that 156 agents would be trained to drive the cars on the Bugatti racing circuit of Le Mans in west France.

The cars are for the rapid intervention brigade (BRI) which previously had vehicles that could not go faster than 190 km per hour, or about 118 miles per hour.

The BRI, spread over the country at 55 stations, will intervene only in case of a crime or serious offence when a driver has to be stopped immediately.

In 2005 there were 53,000 instances of people on the run in cars or refusing to stop at the police's request.

Most European criminals will also no longer be able to claim that they did not understand police instructions in French -- the cars will relay their messages in a light display in five languages -- French, English, German, Spanish and Dutch -- while there is room for three others.

*chris*
03-30-2006, 02:02 PM
interesting. i cant remember ever seeing a subaru in france.

ozzman628
05-01-2006, 04:52 AM
They should have bought Evos

ultraflip
05-01-2006, 05:06 AM
They should have bought Evos

i wonder what this newb has to sell... such post whoring this morning

ozzman628
05-01-2006, 05:12 AM
I have to sell your mom ha ha ha ha

ozzman628
05-01-2006, 05:14 AM
Actually I've been on this site for awhile, just started to get back into it. If you have a problem with my posts whore off your opinions somewhere else.

ultraflip
05-01-2006, 06:11 AM
Actually I've been on this site for awhile, just started to get back into it. If you have a problem with my posts whore off your opinions somewhere else.

never said i had a problem... just wondering why you have to whore it like this... don't worry about selling my mom... we gotz your mom on queue for that already... ;)... happy whoring

ozzman628
05-01-2006, 01:22 PM
never said i had a problem... just wondering why you have to whore it like this... don't worry about selling my mom... we gotz your mom on queue for that already... ;)... happy whoring

I wasn't aware that 4 replies in a night was whoring.* Maybe you should save your inquiries for things that actually matter.* Now I am always curious as to what the jerks from online are like in person, usually when I meet them they aren't jerks anymore, funniest thing.* I know it's easy to have courage when your typing online, however, we both live in socal, we both own evo's, probably both go to the track.* Now, I am a nice guy, but I have short temper for this kind of thing.* Anyways, I drive a Red Evo VIII RS, my name is Paul, 5'9", and I am a fairly big guy.* So if you see me, stop by, because like I said I like to meet the jerks from online in person.

ultraflip
05-01-2006, 01:29 PM

I wasn't aware that 4 replies in a night was whoring. Maybe you should save your inquiries for things that actually matter. Now I am always curious as to what the jerks from online are like in person, usually when I meet them they aren't jerks anymore, funniest thing. I know it's easy to have courage when your typing online, however, we both live in socal, we both own evo's, probably both go to the track. Now, I am a nice guy, but I have short temper for this kind of thing. Anyways, I drive a Red Evo VIII RS, my name is Paul, 5'9", and I am a fairly big guy. So if you see me, stop by, because like I said I like to meet the jerks from online in person.

who said anyone was being a jerk... if i was stepping on your toes... i do apologize for that... yet seeing threads bumped that may have had no activity for about a month would catch someone's eye... like the M3 thread about not sleeping with someone's wife... a thread that had no activity since november... till you posted into it... especially to someone like me that's usually on... and usually watches everything happening... i never said there was anything wrong with it... i'm known to do that on occassion as well.. yet with the recent newbs whoring it on our forum just to make a quick sale... something that admins and mods have been trying to prevent... it would raise an eyebrow or two as to why ancient threads are being bumped...

if you want to meet.. no problem... in fact.. you can meet me at work if you want... i'll take this to pm at this time

x[corwyn]
05-01-2006, 01:44 PM

I wasn't aware that 4 replies in a night was whoring. Maybe you should save your inquiries for things that actually matter. Now I am always curious as to what the jerks from online are like in person, usually when I meet them they aren't jerks anymore, funniest thing. I know it's easy to have courage when your typing online, however, we both live in socal, we both own evo's, probably both go to the track. Now, I am a nice guy, but I have short temper for this kind of thing. Anyways, I drive a Red Evo VIII RS, my name is Paul, 5'9", and I am a fairly big guy. So if you see me, stop by, because like I said I like to meet the jerks from online in person.

who said anyone was being a jerk... if i was stepping on your toes... i do apologize for that... yet seeing threads bumped that may have had no activity for about a month would catch someone's eye... like the M3 thread about not sleeping with someone's wife... a thread that had no activity since november... till you posted into it... especially to someone like me that's usually on... and usually watches everything happening... i never said there was anything wrong with it... i'm known to do that on occassion as well.. yet with the recent newbs whoring it on our forum just to make a quick sale... something that admins and mods have been trying to prevent... it would raise an eyebrow or two as to why ancient threads are being bumped...

if you want to meet.. no problem... in fact.. you can meet me at work if you want... i'll take this to pm at this time

We getting into wife swapping now? Nice.... Can we see the pics please? Especially when the stunt cock comes on, and whenever anyone applies the proper use of the shocker.

tabio42
05-01-2006, 03:57 PM
arguing is a form of post whoring too...

ultraflip
05-01-2006, 04:02 PM
arguing is a form of post whoring too...

no arguing here... jus a bit of misunderstanding... all is well... *back to post whore land i go