PDA

View Full Version : 101 MPH in a 65 Zone

WavMixer
03-30-2006, 12:15 PM
I just found out that my son received a speeding ticket doing 101 on the freeway, late at night, no other cars on the road. No radar or laser, he was clocked by the cruiser. He was afraid to tell me and was going to just wimp out and pay the ticket... That was until his friend ratted him out to me and told me about the ticket. I set him straight and he will be doing a TBD. O0

x[corwyn]
03-30-2006, 12:18 PM
Nice...

Damn the man!!!!

Stuff
03-30-2006, 12:19 PM
I just found out that my son received a speeding ticket doing 101 on the freeway, late at night, no other cars on the road. No radar or laser, he was clocked by the cruiser. He was afraid to tell me and was going to just wimp out and pay the ticket... That was until his friend ratted him out to me and told me about the ticket. I set him straight and he will be doing a TBD. O0

Awesome. :) That's what parents should do, right or wrong they fight for their kids. O0

(Then beat the ever living heck out of him) :2funny:

speedracer2169
03-30-2006, 12:19 PM

Damn that's gonna be a tough one. I'm trying to do a TBD for 72 in a 55 when it was raining but the ticket was CHP and doesn't mention the rain

Blaze
03-30-2006, 12:20 PM
Careful, Grant.

I'm pretty certain speeds over 100 require a mandatory appearance.
Regardless of what the ticket may state, watch for those words on the summons....

Good luck man. Let me know if you need any help.

Blaze

speedracer2169
03-30-2006, 12:20 PM

Awesome. :) That's what parents should do, right or wrong they fight for their kids. O0

(Then beat the ever living heck out of him) :2funny:

To think that I got ten more years before my kis turns 12 and eleven with my daughter

silvery_eagle
03-30-2006, 12:23 PM
little boy is going to get some ass spanking action :D
good luck

speedracer2169
03-30-2006, 12:29 PM
I say make him ride a bike to school. Better yet buy him a beater car that can barely reach 80 like an 82 toyota corrolla tercel. That was my first car. Learn to appreciate my stuff after that

kcross
03-30-2006, 12:43 PM
so ive always wanted to know this and now im in between the being a kid and having a kid phase i think i should ask. when kids fuck up and get in trouble do you guys as parents act mad in front of them and then like laugh about it when their not around and just like fuck with their heads over it and think of how to mess with their lives because you know as well as we do (speaking as myself from a few years ago) that 98% of the stuff we get in "trouble" for is not really that big a deal. haha, random ass question.

p.s. i second the bike/walking. i had to do that in my younger days a lot.

speedracer2169
03-30-2006, 01:13 PM
My kids are too young right now. Knwoing myself though it would probably be a case by case thing. I don't think I can ever laugh at my kids for chewing them out for something stupid. Buy him a beater car

emperor_gp
03-30-2006, 01:15 PM
I have a couple of kids and when I do get mad at them, its really me getting mad and not just messing with their heads. *Its more of disappointment actually than the actual act itself (of getting into trouble). *More often than not, you hold your kids in high regard and you teach them all the good things you know.. so when they mess up, you're disappointed in them..

btw, when I got caught doing over 80 on the fwy, my dad took my keys away.

my .02 cents

Macky
03-30-2006, 01:20 PM
Careful, Grant.

I'm pretty certain speeds over 100 require a mandatory appearance.
Regardless of what the ticket may state, watch for those words on the summons....

Good luck man. Let me know if you need any help.

Blaze

100 (or over) are considered a felony if im not mistaken. i know a friend who was clocked at 110 on his car and that cost him dearly.

good luck on this one, although i would be more concerned telling your son not to repeat it again, instead of finding a way to get out of it.

Blaze
03-30-2006, 01:20 PM
my .02 cents

Hey, I thought you went back to sleep!

emperor_gp
03-30-2006, 01:22 PM
+1 * *I had appear in court when i got a ticket going over 100 mph

Blaze, i'm still trying to get back to sleep lol

WavMixer
03-30-2006, 01:25 PM
little boy is going to get some ass spanking action :D
good luck
The little boy is 21 now. I can give him advise, but I retired the paddle. O0

WavMixer
03-30-2006, 01:27 PM
.... Buy him a beater car
:2funny: I'm not buying him shit! He bought this S14 with his own money.

speedracer2169
03-30-2006, 01:37 PM
Ah I see. Take him off your insurance then and let him pay his own and how lucky he is for not going to jail or for exhibition of speed and losing his car blah blah blah

WavMixer
03-30-2006, 02:34 PM
Ah I see. Take him off your insurance then and let him pay his own and how lucky he is for not going to jail or for exhibition of speed and losing his car blah blah blah
BAH! He pays for his own insurance too. The day he finished high school, I told him he needed to find a job and get ready to start supporting himself. He now lives with his girlfriend who also works. No spoiled full grown kids still living at home with us.

speedracer2169
03-30-2006, 02:36 PM
BAH! He pays for his own insurance too. The day he finished high school, I told him he needed to find a job and get ready to start supporting himself. He now lives with his girlfriend who also works. No spoiled full grown kids still living at home with us.

Damn at least he's taking life in his own hands

gofaster87
03-30-2006, 02:58 PM
You guys are a joke. Get him a beater? Like we dont overdrive our cars on empty roads. There is no one here innocent of flooring on the freeway , late night with no one around. He just happened to get caught.

Terry S
03-30-2006, 03:03 PM
You guys are a joke. Get him a beater? Like we dont overdrive our cars on empty roads. There is no one here innocent of flooring on the freeway , late night with no one around. He just happened to get caught.

+1

Terry S

WavMixer
03-30-2006, 03:25 PM
Truer words have never been spoken on this board O0

kcross
03-30-2006, 03:50 PM

i have to agree. im sure im not the only one here that has been driving or sitting around and thought "man, i cant believe ive got away with this shit."

Macky
03-30-2006, 03:54 PM
i agree with sam. what i find somewhat odd is the TBD. if he knew he was speeding and was caught, just man up to the consequences associated with being caught speeding.

if i was in his shoes i would have straight told my dad and let that be the end of it. now if he *wasnt* speeding and was *caught* speeding, then yea, fight the ticket.

NMREJ6
03-30-2006, 04:09 PM
good luck to your son, I was caught doing 101 once and my ticket required an appearance at court. the fine was $679usd.. did'nt have the money of course so i did community service for 69hrs in 1week at an AA joint. Learned my lesson good. i was 22 at the time.

[p]dOG.
03-30-2006, 04:57 PM
good luck to your son, I was caught doing 101 once and my ticket required an appearance at court. the fine was $679usd.. did'nt have the money of course so i did community service for 69hrs in 1week at an AA joint. Learned my lesson good. i was 22 at the time.

Ouch! AA?? they send you there even if your not drinking? I am no longer going 100+ I'll keep it under 99mph.

nurb2
03-30-2006, 05:15 PM
Pacing tickets are hard to beat. That's a reckless driving and 2 points on the license ... it might be worth hiring a lawyer. I believe the reckless driving stays on the insurance for 10 years, but I'm not positive.

-nurb2-

CHIGGA73
03-30-2006, 05:33 PM
i got a ticket 110 on the freeway. 2 points on the record (same as a DUI). lucky i didn't have my ride impounded.

$500 ticket and then my insurance went through the roof!

parenting is tough, make sure he learns and good luck with fighting it. i couldnt' find my way out of it (no traffic school), and no chance to fight, over 100 is serious stuff, a lawyer told me there wasn't much i could do...but he might have been wrong.

Ricardon
03-30-2006, 05:39 PM
Its going to be a mandatory appearance almost 100% of the time for anything over 100mph. Depending on the county and the judge your son could lose his license for 30 days on the fucking spot if the ruling is against him. Ask me how I know this?

bonestockevo8
03-30-2006, 06:07 PM
You know this because el giraffo was PWNED hard by the man b4!!!!!!!!!!!

Its going to be a mandatory appearance almost 100% of the time for anything over 100mph. Depending on the county and the judge your son could lose his license for 30 days on the fucking spot if the ruling is against him. Ask me how I know this?

ANTHONY
03-30-2006, 06:18 PM

Very well put! Im pretty shure a 21 year old man can handle shit on his own

speedracer2169
03-30-2006, 06:19 PM
I thought he was underage like 17 or somethin when I first saw this.

Miss Evo8
03-30-2006, 06:47 PM
I just found out that my son received a speeding ticket doing 101 on the freeway, late at night, no other cars on the road. No radar or laser, he was clocked by the cruiser. He was afraid to tell me and was going to just wimp out and pay the ticket... That was until his friend ratted him out to me and told me about the ticket. I set him straight and he will be doing a TBD.* O0

the Ex got a ticket for doing 120 on the FWY...... mandatory appearance...suspension for 30 days.... $500.00 fine and i believe it was 2 pts on the driving record.... :buck2:

darkevo
03-30-2006, 06:54 PM
i got a ticket 110 on the freeway. 2 points on the record (same as a DUI). lucky i didn't have my ride impounded.

$500 ticket and then my insurance went through the roof!

parenting is tough, make sure he learns and good luck with fighting it. i couldnt' find my way out of it (no traffic school), and no chance to fight, over 100 is serious stuff, a lawyer told me there wasn't much i could do...but he might have been wrong.

frick I go over 100mph all the time...guess stay at 99mph for now on!

I just drive my beater half the time, so getting caught in speeding in the EVO is half probability.

During my college days, I'd blow by cops so fast, when I saw them light up, I gunned it more, took the next exit, and diassappeared.

Now more responsible. :crazy2:

WavMixer
03-30-2006, 07:45 PM
I just found out it's a bit worse than I thought:

22348(b)vc exceeding 100mph Approx101
27151 vc modified exhaust
16028 vc no proof of insurance
:police: :oops:

Blaze
04-12-2006, 08:13 AM
What's worse about that, the exceeding part?

So is there a mandatory appearance coming?

WavMixer
04-13-2006, 08:25 AM
What's worse about that, the exceeding part?

So is there a mandatory appearance coming?
Yup, he will have to make an appearance in court.

silvery_eagle
04-13-2006, 09:11 AM
can he try to cry at the court?

WavMixer
04-13-2006, 09:50 AM
can he try to cry at the court?

I suggested that he contest the accuracy of the cops speedo and have the charges reduced to exceeding the maximum speed limit of 65.

Qmr
04-21-2006, 04:00 PM
the Ex got a ticket for doing 120 on the FWY...... mandatory appearance...suspension for 30 days.... $500.00 fine and i believe it was 2 pts on the driving record.... :buck2:

I got that, 2pts, 15day suspend driver lic, 500$ for first time (would be 30days+1000 if it's second time)+ 1600$ ins/6month (was only 400 with my prelude). And it's take 3 year for this to be clear.

So fight that, and good luck !!

MRevo9
04-21-2006, 07:42 PM
haha i remember when i was 17 i got a ticket for 140 in a 65 (didnt get arrested) and didnt tell my dad till a week prier to the court date...that was horrible haha

CICreations
04-23-2006, 08:53 PM
About a year ago a buddy and I were driving to Laughlin, NV on the 40 just playing around on a Friday afternoon with little to no traffic on the roads (me in the 03 Evo VIII I had at the time and him in his 04 GTO). We were up to about 140mph when we let off the gas and were costing down in speed. Went under a bridge and there sits a cop. He pulls us both over and walks up to me first and looks in the back seat and saw my daughter in the car seat. He looks at my wife then back at me and says "you know you're close to going to jail for child endangerment don't you?" It was like a bat hitting me over the back of the head. I had just gotten my Evo and was so wraped up in the excitement that I didn't stop to think about the "what-if's".

Long story short, we both got tickets for 115 in a 70, manditory court appearance, $420 fine and 2pts. He could have got us for racing, and whatever else he wanted. So far my insurance hasn't gone up and that was over a year ago. But I got to tell you it was the best money I ever spent. Now if my daughter's in the car my butt is doing the speed limit. But I did get myself a Passport X50 just for a little heads up when Im driving the 150 miles to Vegas. With no cruise control, it's hard to keep it at 70. Ok, I've rambled on enough...it's the Scotch talking! Good luck with it man.

EV0_IX
04-24-2006, 08:21 PM
do you have any undates on this? almost the same thing happen to me just wondering about it

Gear Grinder
04-24-2006, 08:26 PM

yea well I got wreckless for going 20mph in a 10mph zone. that and an unsafe turn.

WavMixer
04-25-2006, 11:02 AM
do you have any undates on this? almost the same thing happen to me just wondering about it
He is still waiting for the court date. We just put his stock exhaust back on last night.

mazdaspeed153
04-26-2006, 02:28 AM
ouch

WavMixer
05-17-2006, 10:05 AM
He went to court yesterday and pleaded guilty. $680 fine/30 day suspension of license.

ArBizZzLe
05-17-2006, 10:08 AM
He went to court yesterday and pleaded guilty. $680 fine/30 day suspension of license.

Ouch, I now know what awaits me. Was your friends driving record a clean one prior to this incident?

WavMixer
05-17-2006, 10:27 AM

Ouch, I now know what awaits me. Was your friends driving record a clean one prior to this incident?
Yes and this is my son.

kimletrim
05-17-2006, 10:31 AM
So he didn't go the TBD route?

WavMixer
05-18-2006, 12:10 PM
So he didn't go the TBD route?
Mandatory appearence for going over 100 mph :-(

Xetronic_Evo_VIII
05-23-2006, 12:11 PM
When I was 19 I got caught doing 115mph on the 5 N at 2am in my Acura TL. Went to court, paid $700 in fines, suspended licenses for 30 days, and 2 pts on my driving record. Took 6 years to clear off my driving record! Never again will I go over 100mph unless its on the track.