PDA

View Full Version : some suggestions

airforce1
03-30-2006, 07:29 PM
1. New evo member of the month (already discussed) but Rob, you should just pick a guy and get it over with.
2. Emulate Norcal evo and post up pics of each member...its hard to place a name to a face at SoCal and makes meeting people at meets easier.
3. Remove offtopic posts on a person's 4 sale thread. It's damn annoying...it like someone coming over to the front of your shop and holding a boycott picket sign
4. Say you like a thread and view it and want to post...but oops you forgot to sign in. i hate it when after signing in you lose your thread you were posting at and the screen just moves you to the forum homepage. Try to follow EvoMs threadview/login style.

Peace.

silvery_eagle
03-31-2006, 03:20 PM
2. Emulate Norcal evo and post up pics of each member...its hard to place a name to a face at SoCal and makes meeting people at meets easier.

Really??
who would put up his / her own picture?

x[corwyn]
03-31-2006, 03:22 PM
Ask Ricardon how well having his picture on the site worked out for him....

silvery_eagle
03-31-2006, 04:02 PM
]

HAHAHAHAHAA!!!!
did you see him in the UPS suit with brown EVO? that's classic dude!

Terry S
03-31-2006, 04:06 PM
I'd put my face up.. But who knows how long it would be until some mod replaces it with a photochop.

Terry S

indianevodriver
03-31-2006, 04:08 PM
Try to follow EvoM

:idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

x[corwyn]
03-31-2006, 09:07 PM
]

HAHAHAHAHAA!!!!
did you see him in the UPS suit with brown EVO? that's classic dude!

Yea...You think we can convince him to get his yellow evo to be a bit darker and go brown?

drmosh
03-31-2006, 11:50 PM
1. New evo member of the month (already discussed) but Rob, you should just pick a guy and get it over with.
3. Remove offtopic posts on a person's 4 sale thread. It's damn annoying...it like someone coming over to the front of your shop and holding a boycott picket sign
4. Say you like a thread and view it and want to post...but oops you forgot to sign in. i hate it when after signing in you lose your thread you were posting at and the screen just moves you to the forum homepage. Try to follow EvoMs threadview/login style.

Peace.

1. yeah Rob will take care of that
2. who cares, no one is stopping you from posting pics of yourself, post yourself in hot oil for all we care
3. we already do that can't moderate every thread - live with it
4. will look into it

thanks for the suggestions
next

leaveit2bevo
03-31-2006, 11:54 PM
some people are ugly I dont want to see there pics.

GokuSSJ4
04-01-2006, 04:24 AM
some people are ugly I dont want to see there pics.

LOL ... please bevo, do not post anymore pics of you and the purple bra.....

airforce1
04-03-2006, 10:10 AM

Peace.

1. yeah Rob will take care of that
2. who cares, no one is stopping you from posting pics of yourself, post yourself in hot oil for all we care
3. we already do that can't moderate every thread - live with it
4. will look into it

thanks for the suggestions
next

Wow, you really care about Socal Evo. Thanks man. People make suggestions and you blow people off. Man, how old are you?

zum96spd
04-03-2006, 01:16 PM
You can put in any picture u want, but I don't think it should be mandatory.

gofaster87
04-03-2006, 02:03 PM
This thread and some of the people on it are gay. Some of you guys are to dependent on moderators, just deal with it. By the way blowing someone off has nothing to do with age. Im sure Trump, Gates and Wynn blow plenty of people off but I wouldnt question their age or motives.

Chris in SD
04-03-2006, 02:06 PM
This thread and some of the people on it are gay. Some of you guys are to dependent on moderators, just deal with it. By the way blowing someone off has nothing to do with age. Im sure Trump, Gates and Wynn blow plenty of people off but* I wouldnt question their age or motives.

Sam, when you blow people off, does it go WHOOOOSH? ;)

gofaster87
04-03-2006, 02:12 PM
More like slap slap.

airforce1
04-03-2006, 05:47 PM
You can put in any picture u want, but I don't think it should be mandatory.

Not saying it was mandatory just that it would help.

airforce1
04-03-2006, 05:55 PM
This thread and some of the people on it are gay. Some of you guys are to dependent on moderators, just deal with it. By the way blowing someone off has nothing to do with age. Im sure Trump, Gates and Wynn blow plenty of people off but I wouldnt question their age or motives.

Who are you calling gay? I made some fuckin suggestions to make the forum better and the board lights up with juvi responses.

I didn't ask for moderators for their silly help. I made some suggestions.

A moderator should answer posts professionally. Wait, Oops, I forgot this is Socal Evo.

Chris in SD
04-03-2006, 08:26 PM
A moderator should answer posts professionally.* Wait, Oops, I forgot this is Socal Evo.

Oh yeah, I forgot that EvoM was THE place to be... :roll:

airforce1
04-03-2006, 08:37 PM
A moderator should answer posts professionally. Wait, Oops, I forgot this is Socal Evo.

What makes you think I am here to tout EvoM? All I said was to copy their login style. Get a grip in SD, BRA.

Chris in SD
04-04-2006, 01:27 PM
A moderator should answer posts professionally.* Wait, Oops, I forgot this is Socal Evo.

What makes you think I am here to tout EvoM?* All I said was to copy their login style.* Get a grip in SD, BRA.

I am precisely the wrong person you want to begin a war of intellect with, BRA... First, if you were observant (hard to do when you're in the Air Force - the corporate side of the military), you'd notice that I'm not in SD right now, BRA. Second, you have touted EvoM before - I am not bothering to look it up, but it is there. Finally, if you can't handle a little bit of hazing, then yes, you ARE in the wrong place, BRA. Finally, it's spelled BRAH - a "bra" is something you're not likely to see unless it's on the rack at your local Wal-Mart. O0

airforce1
04-04-2006, 02:36 PM
No war intended BRAH, if I've touted EvoM before then great. i've touted Socal Evo before so what's the issue? And don't bring the issue of AF up ever again. Leave that out of the thread. I will let your smart remark slide. I can take any hazing anytime anyplace.

I've made suggestions to this board and it was dismissed. Was I hot and bothered by it? No. You and the moderator has as much significance to me as dandruff. So tell me, then what's the point of this whole entire subforum?

Terry S
04-04-2006, 02:44 PM
No war intended BRAH, if I've touted EvoM before then great. i've touted Socal Evo before so what's the issue? And don't bring the issue of AF up ever again. Leave that out of the thread. I will let your smart remark slide. I can take any hazing anytime anyplace.

I've made suggestions to this board and it was dismissed. Was I hot and bothered by it? No. You and the moderator has as much significance to me as dandruff. So tell me, then what's the point of this whole entire subforum?

Look, the moderator didn't blow you off. He answered your questions succinctly and completely. Your interpreting his responses completely wrong. Let it go.

Terry S

airforce1
04-04-2006, 02:51 PM

Look, the moderator didn't blow you off. He answered your questions succinctly and completely. Your interpreting his responses completely wrong. Let it go.

Terry S

Done. Thanks.

Chris in SD
04-04-2006, 04:58 PM
I'll let it go... Making AF jokes is like beating up a crippled kid.... I'm out! :crazy2:

Coolguy949
04-04-2006, 05:09 PM

Yeah, I already have someone in mind. I'm going to be updating the front page soon and was going to update that with it.

Even though that's hard to implement I've been wanting to make the member profiles more myspace-like with blogs and your own photos. Every member has a link to their gallery in the profiles, most dont use it.

3. Remove offtopic posts on a person's 4 sale thread. It's damn annoying...it like someone coming over to the front of your shop and holding a boycott picket sign.

Yeah I agree it can be very annoying. I'm trying to emphasize the importance of keeping for sale ads on-topic to both members and moderators.

The quick-reply box shouldnt be visible unless you're logged in. Is it showing up even when you're logged off? That's very weird and something I will need to look in to. It should show no quick reply box and when you click reply it will ask you to login. I'm not sure why it's not re-directing you to that topic after you login.

airforce1
04-04-2006, 06:09 PM
Rob, thank you for your mature and informative reply. Was your answer too much for Ricardon to handle? As for the login issue, could it be that a person can be timed out and yet be indicating logged in? Just wondering. Thanks again...

Macky
04-04-2006, 08:36 PM
Rob if you have any questions about how to proceed with #1's in the future I have a couple ideas I have been using on the MR forums O0

drmosh
04-05-2006, 03:41 PM
airforce1 has been terminated till furthur notice and his suggestions have been filed in my circular cabinet (that's the trashcan in case you don't get it)