PDA

View Full Version : hey 909ers

rammsteinmatt
03-31-2006, 06:56 PM
due to school and other circumstances i will not be posting here with any frequency (probably less than shaun). additionally, attending meets will effectively go to 0. i'll still go to the socal wide meets, but those never happen, so i guess you could figure that out.

so basically if you dont see me again, i havent died. well with any luck i will. see y'all around (and by that i mean probably never see ya again)

later, matt

Thero
03-31-2006, 10:33 PM
That Sucks. Well Good Luck with School O0

SpdyEvo02
04-01-2006, 12:01 AM
at least i will see you tommorow at the Meguires meet

xEviLxVIIIx
04-01-2006, 12:20 AM
sucks matt. i'll see you around sometime. good luck with everything

chuckdashi
04-01-2006, 12:34 AM
due to school and other circumstances i will not be posting here with any frequency (probably less than shaun). additionally, attending meets will effectively go to 0. i'll still go to the socal wide meets, but those never happen, so i guess you could figure that out.

so basically if you dont see me again, i havent died. well with any luck i will. see y'all around (and by that i mean probably never see ya again)

later, matt
im not from tha 909 but actualy from the 626... see you around dude... school is cool....

volcomguy84
04-01-2006, 05:26 AM
well man i will see ya when i see ya O0

cky_bam_marg
04-01-2006, 06:08 AM
hell yea stick it to the man!!!!, but wat if protest happen at matts school what is he to do, join or stay in class and noot support immigrants rights?? well thats for another time kids.

hey matt when u like become all rich and win out every goverment aerospace contract can i be ur cabana boy!! and tend to ur concubines?

TrickedOutEVOVIII
04-01-2006, 03:35 PM
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok...

rammsteinmatt
04-02-2006, 08:19 PM
actually in my first post i wasnt completely honest.

first, school is not that difficult. i could easily continue posting and going to meets without impacting my studies
second, i made it sound like i may post occasionally. i have completely no interest in ever posting here again

its not school that has become unberable, its the members of socal. i may be young, but i am not stupid and i do have limits. I dont mean all members of socal, but some that have ruined it for me and those that enjoyed reading my posts (if there is such a person).

this is where i come from in my posting. I have always tried to be helpful around here, be that planning meets, writing articles, or answering questions. whether or not that is what you have felt you saw from me - thats different, this is what i have honesly tried to do. i never asked for anything from the members (besides the odd question, but i would usually ask those at meets). when i wrote an article, i didnt ask people to thank me, or even return the favor (evidentally i am easy to please in that way). speaking of easy to please, i have an '05 so naturally it comes with the desirable 10.5 hotside. when i installed the HKS turbo, i suddenly didnt have a need for the turbo. what to do with it? many people wanted it, but alas there was only one piece to go around. the turbo went to larry (turbolarry), perhaps you should ask him how much i sold it for, and what my justification for that price was - i suspect you'd be surprised and possibly angry at my decision. through all this what have i observed?

i plan a meet. less than 1/2 of the people that signed up come. but thats fine, quality over quantity right? but when 0 or 1 person shows up. frankly, i think that is blatently disrespectful and a slap in the face after the effort i put in (very few people here actually know what it takes to plan a meet). i started the cal poly meets, they were mildly successufl ahving a max of 12 evos at one meet, however after 10 or more meets of less than 2 others showing up, i reached my limit. i no longer attended, and without me nobody came to the meets so they pretty much ended by default. same with the early 626 meets.

some people may remember that i designed and built a rear diffuser. i spent over $700 on materials and used a whole tank of gas just to gather some data, to prove my piece worked. i didnt ask for people to buy them (i hoped they would, but didnt expect they would), and i didnt even ask for someone to thank me for my efforts, it was my pleasure to do this. if people did nothing and my thread sat there with 100 views and no replies i would have been perfectly content (slightly in awe that not even one person would say good job or the like, but perfectly content nonetheless). but what did i observe? many attacks. people saying that i didnt know what im doing, what i made was completely useless - directly opposing the hard evidence i gathered (because i guess they knew better than real life did), they said it was over engineered - but some of man's greatest triumps come from over engineering, not saying that what i made was a marvle of mankind but its the basica principle im going for, the materials wouldnt hold up, it looked like shit - but it worked right?, i even had a person tell me that i knew nothing about composites (later in a PM they revealed that they were in high school and that i probably knew more than them about composites - but of course this was via PM to keep their eThug status up to par) if you search in show and shine for "diffuser" you can find this thread.

in many threads i have sat there researching information and doing calculations to provide the most accurate answer i possibly could. 1 single post of mine may take up to 45 minutes to completely compose. as usually i dont really have high expectations, but i would prefer not to be put down or antagonized after the work that i put in. but what do i find? people would say that i postwhore, flaunt and brag about my immense knowledge, etc... this is definately not what i originally planned for, but thats what the accusers say. of course my accusers are judge, jury and executioner, no way to win. worse than that are the oppertunists. it takes balls to come out and attack a person, but for a chicken shit to come along and reply "+1" "so and so speaks the truth" and similar responses, is basically the lowest life form in my book. and the people that are less qualified than me to correct me or say that i am wrong, i am puzzled to how this works. it is one thing if an actual aerospace engineer came on and corrected me or said that i am wrong, but for someone that is younger than me or clearly unqualified to say that...........what can i do about that other than question it and get angry (remember i am sacrificing time to write these posts, just to be attacked by someone that has no clue whats going on). if you remember i bought JDM mirrors about a month back, a thread was created as a result. this thread grew way out of control, and was eventually locked where there was a physical thread made against me. a physical threat as a result of buying mirrors and defending me right to buy them? is that even logical, i dont think so, maybe someone feels that is a resonable response?

thread after thread i just put up with it, taking the put downs, the rude comments, the blatent disrespect, and the like. but i do have a limit. there will be some point when the helper takes enough negative feedback such that they discontinue helping. dont get me wrong, there is nothing that i would like more than to be a mod in a seperate tech forum where i could write an article (spening days to write and research), post what i have written and simply lock the thread to be used as a reference. sadly i cannot do that, so people are bound to respond with their opinions.

what put me over the edge? well over the last month or so i have begun to lose interest in comming to the site, at some times i completely disliked comming to the site, but i would come hoping that maybe, just maybe it turned around and i could continue loving posting here. it never did. i would post the link to the thread that broke the camel's back, but that would point out individuals, and thats not what i am trying to do here (however if you must know you can click my s/n and click search posts by me, and you should be able to see the last thread that i participated in, that i would consider received an undesirable response) oh, its so hard to not say names and completely go off, but i will try to keep my composure.

i have talked with the socalevo.net team (thats the mods and admins, that make up the "team"). it was strongly suggested that i remain, or even reconsider and in the future return once again. to whaht end i ask? so i can be older and more knowledgable and still have high schoolers tell me whats what, not a chance. fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. the team member that i spoke with about this will remain nameless unless they willingly reveal themselves, please dont harass them looking for the person i spoke with regarding the matter; they will make themselves known, if so desired.

i suspect (but will not check to confirm) that there will be an individual or two that laughs (or otherwise) at this post or says this is a cry for attention. let me make this clear, im not a fucking emo high school bastard that is looking for attention, i conversely, dislike attention being paid to me. i have never been that way (attention needy), i have made a point to always be in the background and try to stay unnoticed (im shy like that when surrounded by people i dont know). i dont think that anything that i do for myself or others is out of the ordinary and should be necessarily awarded. i do nopt feel that high school graduation was an achievement in my life, and i strongly pushed to ditch it. hell, i dont even capitalize my own name because i feel that would give me undeserved credit.

I honestly think that me leaving is a loss to socal, not trying to build my ego or to make you guys feel bad (at least thats not my intention). but look at the CC/PCH meet/cruise i organized. many people had a lot of fun at that (so revealed through posts, verbal comments, or PMs), and many people were introduced to alot of really expensive cars that they may not have seen otherwise. likewise with the meguiars detail day last weekend, sure the rain made conditions less than ideal. but for the 15 or so people that went and got free food, free products, and free instruction. i doubt they would say they didnt learn something and didnt have fun, and given the oppertunity would not go again in the future. there were many people there last weekend that thanked me in person for my generosity in planning the meguiars thing, i told them "dont thank me, i did nothing, thank mike and meguiars for their hospitality. im definately not trying to brag, but where would these meets, along with the cal poly meet and some of the early 626 meets be without me? i'd venture a guess that they probably would not have happened. but because a number of people were less than courteous (huge understatement) these events wont happen anymore, because we all know that socal wide meets dont happen with any frequency, the people that care dont have the time and the people that have the time dont care. preferrably someone will step up and resume planning fun meet such as these so as not to disadvantage any member, but it wont be me.

i dont know what else to say on the subject. unfortunately my experince here at socalevo.net has been less than desirable, and i am unwilling to put up with it anymore. socalevo is no longer on my list of internet bookmarks, and i dont not plan on returning, so if you feel the need to get a hold of me, seek other mediums of conversation (email, AIM, phone, text msg).

sincerly, matthew shinavar

SpdyEvo02
04-02-2006, 08:41 PM
matt i completly agree with you. even though i dont know you all to well you are a very smart guy and most people here don't know what they are talking about and just like talking shit to other people. matt hopefully you will come by the meets every once and a while.

Thero
04-04-2006, 12:53 AM
Well Really Sorry that you feel that way Matt. But If it makes you feel better to leave then I guess you got to do what you got to do. I do hope you swing by the meets from time to time and say Hi seeing as you were the first Socalevo person that I had ever met in person and wouldn't you guess that we had the same color car with the same options, and bought at the same dealership just months apart. If you dont swing by or you some how come back here again one last time. Again I wish you the best of luck in school and in life and hope everything goes the way you would like. :mitsu:

Alex Speer

x[corwyn]
04-04-2006, 01:20 AM
Matt,

I apologise for flaking on your event last saturday. Even though I haven't contributed here with events or things like that on socal evo, I have within other groups, and I really do know what that is like to have a cool event lined up and have it flaked on. It was wrong to sign up for that event...I can't really speak for the others in my group, but I am sure if they knew it would have bothered you then they would apologise as well. The circumstances were not really well for a day of detailing however, and the 2 things I wanted to do that *I* misread also in the announcement, were not going to happen it really seemed not worthwhile to spend my only day off the next few weeks at that event. I had figured if you were going to spend 8 hours at the event you would get to work on your own car with their products getting an idea what the best product for my use would be. Also I was hoping for more of a discount than 10%. We are about to buy quite a bit of Meguiar's stuff (I have used Meguiar's since I was a car detailer) but have not kept up with the latest and greatest stuff, and also I had not owned a black car before... Also again cold and wet are not conditions for working on detailing a car.

Again those are excuses and I did commit to that event, so again I apologise for flaking...

evomrguy
04-04-2006, 08:37 PM
Damn matt that sucks. Youve always been one of the og 909 guys in my book. Im sorry youve had a bad experience as of late. Just know that your always welcome at the 909 meets cause I think I can speak for everyone when I say we consider you a friend. Otherwise we wouldnt tell you to fuck yo couch so damn often. Try to at least swing by once in a while.

itsnino
04-06-2006, 10:43 AM
dammit matt. jp. i remeber when u took me to my first and last 909 meet when neither of us had evos. but whatever man, i understand what ur saying. i had ur back from the beginning. its too bad some peeps didnt understand where u are coming from, but hey its the internet!

intelligence > criticism...

ill see ya around in my srt...

ps.
i dont miss the horse shit smell from cpp. hahaha!

silvery_eagle
04-25-2006, 01:08 PM
this is a huge loss to socalevo.net ... all of your writtings are great fun to read for me...
hope you would change your mind soon...

DsmDriver
04-25-2006, 01:10 PM
i dont think he is reading this anymore