PDA

View Full Version : Don't shop at 935Motorsports.com

krillin
04-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Just giving you SD guys a heads up. Very poor customer service. I ordered a replacement o2 sensor a week ago. Didn't see any status change so I emailed them. They said they were going to order and ship it today, then emailed me back and said the price went up for them, and they were going to cancel my order even though I paid they're advertised price a week ago. They refuse to give me their advertised price and said they couldn't take the loss. They would rather lose a potential repeat customer to save $10. Such crappy customer service.

Coolguy949
04-04-2006, 03:25 PM
What item were you trying to buy?

krillin
04-04-2006, 03:29 PM
sup rob. how's it going. replacement o2 sensor for my zt2. seems to work sometimes then sometimes it will stop taking readings. pretty sure it's going out. thanks.

Coolguy949
04-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Does it randomly stop reading or only when you let off the throttle? Did you try getting the replacement sensor from road race?

krillin
04-04-2006, 04:11 PM
Does it randomly stop reading or only when you let off the throttle? Did you try getting the replacement sensor from road race?

well, i haven't noticed it as much in the last few days.* but response seemed to be a little slower.* i noticed it right away when i was driving and was at partial throttle and my AFR was stuck at 21.* normally at regular driving it would hover around 12-14.* when it came back on the AFR readings would be way off.* for example, idling at a light i would be reading 9-10 instead of 13-14ish.* ran a 3rd gear pull and my AFR stayed at 14.*

however, i recently ran a log and my AFR seemed to be running normal.* i was told that my sensor was on it's last legs.* i dunno...

i haven't spoken to RRE.

Coolguy949
04-04-2006, 04:17 PM
Yeah when you are idling or cruising it will attempt to maintain a 14.7 AFR. You'll see it fluctuating back and fourth around 14.7. It sounds like a connection is loose or your sensor is dying. I'm not sure what your settings are on the AFC but at WOT it would be anywhere between 10 and 11.5.

krillin
04-04-2006, 04:22 PM
yeah, on my last logs that i took my AFR at WOT were between 10.3 to 10.9 so it seemed normal based on my tune.

Blaze
04-04-2006, 04:25 PM
I've known Robert for a long time.
He's always given me excellent service.
This doesn't seem like him at all.
:-\

krillin
04-04-2006, 05:23 PM
he's changed!!! :D

NipponHamFighters
04-04-2006, 11:02 PM
I would have to disagree about the bad service. You cannot be so selfish to force a store to honor a price just because they made a mistake on the pricing, or perhaps the manufacturer changed the pricing. You would rather bash someones name just because of something so small as a price change. Now I understand if they refused to refund your money, but it seems like they are being more than fair. This market is whored out enough as it is. Pretty soon people will be demanding prices below manufacturer costs!!

C-Spec
04-04-2006, 11:17 PM
I would have to disagree about the bad service. You cannot be so selfish to force a store to honor a price just because they made a mistake on the pricing, or perhaps the manufacturer changed the pricing. You would rather bash someones name just because of something so small as a price change. Now I understand if they refused to refund your money, but it seems like they are being more than fair. This market is whored out enough as it is. Pretty soon people will be demanding prices below manufacturer costs!!

wrong. wrong and wrong. Yes you can. Even a car dealer take that loss which is way more than some go go gaget shit. Take the fucking lost that if they care about customers. Plus read his post again, they have already charge him for the amount that was advertised and have a change of heart.. it' not like they haven't charge his ass and it's not like his ass is asking them for the price that was false advertise before they charge his ass. Just get your money back, andif they wouldn't giving you your money back or try one of those bull charging you a fee bullshit. makesure you have all the ads paper for the false price, and also the receipt for the amount that was charge. Sue their ass ona small claim bro. O0 :knuppel2:

krillin
04-05-2006, 02:10 AM

you're welcome to your own opinion, but how am i being selfish exactly? i paid for this item last week and they've held onto my money since then. i was told i'd get a refund immediately. this was back at 1-1:30pm yesterday, and i just checked my paypal and nothing. i didn't force them to give me that price. i just replied with a statement explaining how i should have been informed about it sooner; how i needed this part last week (which is why i ordered from them. they are in SD and i'm in mission viejo); it isn't my fault that they don't keep their website up to date; hell, you could even call it false advertising. just sell me the part for what i paid last week, change your price so it doesn't happen again, and learn from your mistake.

as far as the pricing, i can understand if they emailed or called me that same day or day after that the price was changed. but again, i paid them a week ago, and after ordering, immediately were "processing my order". the status was at "processing" for an entire week. it wasn't until i had to followup with an email yesterday that Robert took the time to actually look into my order. it's funny because his first email said, "your part should be shipped today". then right after i get an email saying that he just checked his pricing and it went up.

that's great, why you telling me? it's not my problem.

but anyway... yes, it was very very bad service...IMHO. so please tell me that i'm being selfish in my face.

it's funny because he hasn't even changed his pricing yet. i guess he doesn't mind pissing off customers with wrong prices.
http://935motorsports.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=152&osCsid=f21f314d0880e7edc3e911e4d09049d4

x[corwyn]
04-05-2006, 02:27 AM

Wow. You have to be kidding me. If someone charges something, takes my money IN ADVANCE, and then when they receive the part after a while they want more money, that is deceptive. I don't care if they took a loss, because they set the price. They even got the money early as good faith on my part. After money changes hands it is a deal. If they hold onto the money and then change their mind once product is received, there is grounds for a suit...It has happened many times for large scale retailers. If it is truly a mistake (which it sounds like it isn't...it sounds like a bait and grab and switch) then they have to refund immediately and usually do so while informing the customer.

Now for the company that did that, if it happened as said, that is some damned shiesty shit there. Get money in so they can buy product, then charge more for when it comes in. No matter how they spin it, its going to be bottom line crappy customer service. Charge a price, honor it, and follow through especially if you received cash.

Just saw the post where the prices are still low and the guy won't accept that price nor change it. That is some downright deceptive, craptastic shiesty smelling shit there. That is a serious don't buy from.

krillin
04-05-2006, 02:34 AM
thx corwin. were you at the meguiar's meet? if so, which guy were you? :D anyway, i'm over this whole thing. gonna email the guy about my refund and let it be the end of it.

x[corwyn]
04-05-2006, 03:14 AM
Nope I flaked. Rainy days and detailing don't mix well... I might be at thursdays meet for a little bit.

WavMixer
04-05-2006, 03:56 AM
I would have to disagree about the bad service.* You cannot be so selfish to force a store to honor a price just because they made a mistake on the pricing, or perhaps the manufacturer changed the pricing.* You would rather bash someones name just because of something so small as a price change.* Now I understand if they refused to refund your money, but it seems like they are being more than fair.* This market is whored out enough as it is.* Pretty soon people will be demanding prices below manufacturer costs!!

wrong.* *wrong and wrong.* Yes you can.* Even a car dealer take that loss which is way more than some go go gaget shit.* Take the fucking lost that if they care about customers.* *Plus read his post again, they have already charge him for the amount that was advertised and have a change of heart..* *it' not like they haven't charge his ass and it's not like his ass is asking them for the price that was false advertise before they charge his ass.* Just get your money back, andif they wouldn't giving you your money back or try one of those bull charging you a fee bullshit.* makesure you have all the ads paper for the false price, and also the receipt for the amount that was charge.* Sue their ass ona small claim bro.* O0 :knuppel2:
WOW! Spoken from a true man of his word. :2funny:

kipper215
04-05-2006, 07:18 AM
One thing for sure the parts biz is not an easy one. I had that conversation with Rob a long time ago. ethics is very important in this buz and if you offer something and take the payment it should be a done deal. Imagine you saw a dishwasher for sale at a great price and you when to the store paid for it but, had to wait because it was out of stock. when it finally comes in and you want to pick it up the store says sorry buddy I need an extra 50 bucks.

in the GHET TOE we call THAT tricker-rae-shun!

hopefully this was just a one time thing a misunderstanding.

krillin
04-06-2006, 01:53 PM
*update* Robert emailed me yesterday and decided to take the small hit and gave me the o2 sensor for the original advertised price. i'm relieved of the outcome and happy that i'll finally be able to get this sensor (even though i might not need it anymore, but that's my problem). however, i still feel that all of this could have been avoided.

i'm glad that 935motorsports.com took the responsibility for their actions, but for myself, continuing to shop with them is still in question (for me only. others might have different/better experiences). something that i've read in the past, "Create a good first impression and the relationship grows from there. Create a bad first impression and your relationship with that person can be an uphill battle."

thanks.