PDA

View Full Version : military yay or nay.

moogle
04-05-2006, 01:27 AM
Well most of u 909'rs know that I went an enlist my self to the navy and have been postponing my shit for a while now. Well for u nukkaz I got a 98 on my asvab and yes I pass the Drug TEST bitches!
But when i went to SD and do all the paperwork I got coldfeet and didn't finish the paperwork. I wanted to think this over and want to know if this is the right choice for me.

For u military peepz was millitary the right choice for u. I don't know I make good money right now and if I join i am going to make way less than I make and I am not sure once I am out I would gain any oppurtunities exception of GI bill and government priveledges. I don't want to come out and than still be an R.N. u know. The reason why I ask bcz my friend who just got out of the navy didn't really got anything but time wasted. I don't know I am still 50/50 on this and hope I can get some positive respond out of this.

500whp
04-05-2006, 01:37 AM
Military is what you make of it. You can have a good time or you can have a shitty time.... at least in the Marines KILL

chrisalishuss
04-05-2006, 01:38 AM
I have been friends with a few people in the navy. I mean... its not the reserves or anything like that. You go through boot camp... but lets be honest, they will make you get a body the girls love, and you'll be in great shape. The navy is pretty mello for the most part, and if you can handle being out at sea (with people you become friends and family with) it will actually be a nice time away from work. and the whole time your banking cash cause your arent spending anything.

I decided it would be best from my to get my degree and the enlist in the air force as an officer. so then I will have a few options if and when I get out. I could continue with the military, pursue the degree and take a "dilbert" job, or become a pilot and fly with private and commercial airlines.

good luck with whatever you choose. Its always better to have a plan and approach the future from the *best angle.

500whp
04-05-2006, 02:28 AM
I have been friends with a few people in the navy. I mean... its not the reserves or anything like that. You go through boot camp... but lets be honest, they will make you get a body the girls love, and you'll be in great shape. The navy is pretty mello for the most part, and if you can handle being out at sea (with people you become friends and family with) it will actually be a nice time away from work. and the whole time your banking cash cause your arent spending anything.

I decided it would be best from my to get my degree and the enlist in the air force as an officer. so then I will have a few options if and when I get out. I could continue with the military, pursue the degree and take a "dilbert" job, or become a pilot and fly with private and commercial airlines.

good luck with whatever you choose. Its always better to have a plan and approach the future from the best angle.

getting in shape... not really... unless you are in the marines, or in army infantry, navy/air force speical forces being in shape is all up to you.

just because u r in the navy doesn't mean you will be in sea

to enlist to become an officer is a good idea, but in ocs you pick a job in the begining, and after you finish the top of the class gets to pick jobs frist then it goes down the list. not knowing what a enlisted's life make a stupid ass officer

KILL

C-Spec
04-05-2006, 02:38 AM
you are f____moogle.* Join the Airfroce those ____ lives up.* Jeff from 500whp and I are in the US marines.* Navy and MArines work together.* *But serious Join the Airforce that would be your best bet.

javinsMR
04-05-2006, 02:41 AM
are you tired of being an RN???

moogle
04-05-2006, 05:06 AM
R.N. is just my back up plan, now that I got that I want to do something else.

moogle
04-05-2006, 05:07 AM
you are ____ moogle. Join the Airfroce those _____ lives up. Jeff from 500whp and I are in the US marines. Navy and MArines work together. But serious Join the Airforce that would be your best bet.

yah i was going to take corpman, but then I realize its a lvn.* Why would I want to be an lvn when I am already an R.N.

909Evo
04-05-2006, 07:17 AM
Don't do it. I've already preached for hours to you about this bro...

DTunedEvoX
04-05-2006, 07:29 AM
My brother was in the Navy - he did his 4 years.He said if he had a chance to do it over again he wouldnt LOL ... But thats just him. I think it made him more responsible yes ~ But there are alternatives to getting experience.

Like Charlie and Jeff said - I'm pretty sure it is what you make of it ..

cky_bam_marg
04-05-2006, 07:32 AM
dude what r u lookin to get out of it, if u dont have money or unemployment issues then what exactly r u lookin to get out of joining the militarty, u cant just go in for fun and expect things to go easy, its a big disition man u got to take the time to learn the ropes and study everything to get around in there.

both my parents where in the military my mom was 1st sargent and my dad was a sargent marjor. but i would always around my mom on the base and see these young kids who thought after "basic" everything was gonna be a walk in the park and omg did i see alot of head chewing off, crying, demotions, and black balling, because these kids wherent taking this seriously, they wherent good with orders, they where lazy, sone thought they where better then there highers up and tryed some sh__t with my mom who studies the hell out of the "RAG" and ive seen her get people discharge so easily. all with a bloody smile on her face. ive seen and talked to plenty of these kids that keep saying it was a bad choice i should have stayed home gone ot a normal college and all this whining and b/s and there stuck there for 4-5 years

so yea dude u have to go in there with a confident and level head an know what u want to get out of it. the military is a great career but dude know ur shit, and know what ur getting into, if theres one thing that my parents can tell me about the military is that the recruiters are dogs man, dont believe half of the shat they be sayin. so yea i hope ur happy with w/e choice u make moogle ur a great guy and seem capable of anything so yea those r my words :mitsu:

thugline
04-05-2006, 07:45 AM
A lot of friends that I have that went to the all different braches of the military(Army, Navy, Marines, Airforce) and most of them said that it was a waste of time. One of my buddies was a "Navy Seal" and he said all that teaches you is "to use your mind over matter and to be a hard ass and to learn how to kill in sneaky positons". Don't even waste your time bro just be an "Rn" because they make a lot of money and if you already are "RN" then chill with that bro. You can buy houses with that money and still mod your evo. Good luck though!

emperor_gp
04-05-2006, 07:53 AM
Moogle, like what the guys had already said, the military is what you make of it. *

I did 7 years in the Navy. *Those weren't 7 years wasted. *I made damn sure they gave me every single school I could get for my rate and advanced as fast as I could. *I made sure I got the GI Bill and the Navy College fund plus when I got out, all the schools that I took equated to 42 college units.. It didn't take long to get my degree.

If you were thinking about being a corpsman, you're right, thats basically an LVN. *But you're already an RN and remember what I told you before, DON'T *go in enlisted unless thats what you really want to do. *OR, you can go in enlisted then apply for OCS (officer candidate school). *There are many options. *Its really up to you.

If you are having second thoughts then delay it until you're really decided on going. *Its a pretty big responsibility and the time you spend in the service is NO JOKE. *

But there are other PERKS O0

I can tell you sea stories about Australia.. and Australian women (dude, thats usually enough to convince some guys to enlist hahahahahaha)

I got to see Hawaii, Samoa, Guam, Saipan, the Philippines, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore, Bahrain, Dubai, and Australia (over and over again.. damn i love that place). *Cabo San Lucas is a regular port (we went there at least 5 times a year), Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan.

BUT realize that in between ports, I worked my ass off in Engineering and that really made me appreaciate ports a lot more. *Corpsmen are pretty chill, don't do a whole lot of manual labor unless you go FMF (Fleet Marine Force) then you'll be going with the Marines a lot.

Again, the Navy is what you make of it. *Whatever your decision will be, I'm sure you'll make the right one for you. *If you have questions about it, you know my number bro. :)

Garry

thugline
04-05-2006, 08:38 AM
Moogle, like what the guys had already said, the military is what you make of it.

I did 7 years in the Navy. Those weren't 7 years wasted. I made damn sure they gave me every single school I could get for my rate and advanced as fast as I could. I made sure I got the GI Bill and the Navy College fund plus when I got out, all the schools that I took equated to 42 college units.. It didn't take long to get my degree.

If you were thinking about being a corpsman, you're right, thats basically an LVN. But you're already an RN and remember what I told you before, DON'T go in enlisted unless thats what you really want to do. OR, you can go in enlisted then apply for OCS (officer candidate school). There are many options. Its really up to you.

If you are having second thoughts then delay it until you're really decided on going. Its a pretty big responsibility and the time you spend in the service is NO JOKE.

But there are other PERKS O0

I can tell you sea stories about Australia.. and Australian women (dude, thats usually enough to convince some guys to enlist hahahahahaha)

I got to see Hawaii, Samoa, Guam, Saipan, the Philippines, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore, Bahrain, Dubai, and Australia (over and over again.. damn i love that place). Cabo San Lucas is a regular port (we went there at least 5 times a year), Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan.

BUT realize that in between ports, I worked my ass off in Engineering and that really made me appreaciate ports a lot more. Corpsmen are pretty chill, don't do a whole lot of manual labor unless you go FMF (Fleet Marine Force) then you'll be going with the Marines a lot.

Again, the Navy is what you make of it. Whatever your decision will be, I'm sure you'll make the right one for you. If you have questions about it, you know my number bro. :)

Garry

Damn Gary, I did not know you were a "Hard ass" too.

emperor_gp
04-05-2006, 08:50 AM
Damn Gary, I did not know you were a "Hard ass" too.

Never said I was. :)

subgraphic
04-05-2006, 08:51 AM
Don’t do it.. I would feel more comfortable with someone protecting my country that actually completes sentences.

For u military peepz was millitary the right choice for u..

just kiddin! :2funny:

bogey8
04-05-2006, 09:09 AM
If you have any doubts, then it's probably not for you. I thought you were going to Med school after gratuating from RN?

nurb2
04-05-2006, 10:27 AM
Well most of u 909'rs know that I went an enlist my self to the navy and have been postponing my shit for a while now. Well for u nukkaz I got a 98 on my asvab and yes I pass the Drug TEST bitches!
But when i went to SD and do all the paperwork I got coldfeet and didn't finish the paperwork. I wanted to think this over and want to know if this is the right choice for me.

For u military peepz was millitary the right choice for u. I don't know I make good money right now and if I join i am going to make way less than I make and I am not sure once I am out I would gain any oppurtunities exception of GI bill and government priveledges. I don't want to come out and than still be an R.N. u know. The reason why I ask bcz my friend who just got out of the navy didn't really got anything but time wasted. I don't know I am still 50/50 on this and hope I can get some positive respond out of this.

I'm going to comment on this because you said you got cold feet when it came time to sign the papers and walked. I had serious second thoughts at the same point as you and signed the papers anyway, much to my dismay.

I spent four years in the military starting when I was 19 and I HATED it. Everyone around me knew I was not going to like it, but I joined anyway. The general advice I give people when they ask me is never, ever, ever enlist. If you have your heart set on the military, go in as an officer, and go into the Air Force. Better yet, join the reserves.

Someone said the military is what you make it, and that's true to a degree, but make no mistake: you do what they want you to do, when they want you to do it, and they will send you where they want you. I got sent to Arkansas for four years and never went anywhere else. So much for the travelling.

A couple of my buddies and I used to joke that we considered the four years to be prison, and when you are 19, four years is a LONG time. I am personally much happier living life outside the military. Some people love it though, and I have nothing bad to say about them ... they are just wired differently from me. There were good things and some fun times, but for me it was not a very good choice. Based on my experience, I would never recommend joining the military, but that's just my two cents.

-nurb2-

go4broke
04-05-2006, 10:49 AM
If you really feel like joining the military then you should

1) go airforce and get stationed at Los Angeles airforce base. Airmen their get a shitload of money for housing and you'll still be hanging around in cali. They have a med clinic their too. Tell them that you wont sign anything unless you get what you want..post...mos..etc (at least this works for army...not sure about other branches). Plus Airmen get paid for being in the field! I've talked to airmen when I was in Iraq and they told me that they get extra pay (on top of their hostile fire pay) just for living in the dirt like I was!

2)GO OFFICER! That's the only thing I've ever regerded in my time spent in the Army. I worked my ass off to get from E1 to E6. I was the youngest E6 in my company and it still wasnt enough for me. Damn 20 year old butter bar with no combat exp was making way more money than me and with less shit to deal with! hehe No matter how much time you put in as an enlisted, you'll never make more than an officer with equal time. I've seen a retired Sergeant Major working as a janitor at a VA hospital!

Like everyone's been telling you, the military is what you make of it. I loved the good times and curse the bad times. I like civilian life way better now but I wouldn't take away all the things i've done, the places i've been to, nor the great bros that i served with in some shitty and scary times.

Terry S
04-05-2006, 11:23 AM
Joining the Marine Corps Reserve was the best thing that ever happened to me. I Joined @ 22 and now i'm 26.

Terry S

C-Spec
04-05-2006, 11:32 AM
you are ____ moogle. Join the Airfroce those _____ lives up. Jeff from 500whp and I are in the US marines. Navy and MArines work together. But serious Join the Airforce that would be your best bet.

yah i was going to take corpman, but then I realize its a lvn. Why would I want to be an lvn when I am already an R.N.

if you going to be a corpman you are scew my friend. they sent you an infantry unit and be the medic guy that mean you will do everything the grunts do. after 2 years you can ask to switch unit and work in the hospital instead. But if you join as the Oficers programs, you will never walk anywhere because you will be riding in Hummers all days and carry a 9mm pistol. Don't do it Moogle.

airforce1
04-05-2006, 11:48 AM
Moogle, give me a call at 714-296-2181 and i will share my opinions as an AF Officer.

moogle
04-05-2006, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. I will put more deep thoughts into it, but most likely I am leaning on not going.
The reason I wanted to join the navy was for the GI bill and an easier acceptance to med school, but in life nothing is easy so... I just answered mah own question.

bogey8
04-05-2006, 01:35 PM
go med school and be a gynecologist O0

TrickedOutEVOVIII
04-05-2006, 02:43 PM
hey moogle...sounds to me like you've already made your decision when you said that you pulled out while signing and left!! that says a lot buddy...go with your intuitions bro, sounds to me like you dont want to go...so dont. simple as that.

T

909Evo
04-05-2006, 07:29 PM
whoever said get your post in writing in your contract...

The AF don't do that... Sorry.

wsEVO562
04-05-2006, 08:28 PM
I say don't do it. Simply bucause you said your second guessing it. The military is a complete change in daily life. I was in the MARINES and in no way was it a waste of time. For some people theres nothing else going for them. In your case it seems your already a RN, and have a chance of going to medical school. If you went to the navy all you would get out of it is the self assurance that you served your country. Because you would take a serious pay cut, and if your a corpsmem you would most likely be a ground thumper with the grunts.
I'm no longer in the MARINES, because of wounds recieved in Iraq. But in no way do I ever regret joining. Like I said some people never had to many options after high school. So I say stick with the career path your already on, and enjoy your life. 8)

C-Spec
04-05-2006, 08:37 PM
TO ALL MY FELLOW MARINES CAN I GET A HOOORAHHHHHHHH :2funny:

wsEVO562
04-05-2006, 08:51 PM
TO ALL MY FELLOW MARINES CAN I GET A HOOORAHHHHHHHH :2funny:

KILL!!!

evo_chip
04-12-2006, 02:34 AM
Moogle, hit up 559evo , hes a navy recruiter, im sure he can help you out and make sure youre not getting shafted, and if you scored a 98 on your asvab, you should try and take the nucc test, if you qualify, thats the way to go, I have like 3 buddies that were nuc's and got out and are making 6 diggit salarys, and worst comes to worst you hit some tight as ports while your in, ive been in the navy for almost 9 years and I wasted my first 4 years partying and drinking, but since them ive managed to buy a couple of houses and get my Associates degree and and a good start on my bachelors, Im getting out in december for other reasons, but I think the millitary is a great experience if you dont have a family/wife. Ive meet alot of great friends since the day I went to boot camp, people that I would have never even talked to if I wasent in the millitary, so its just an overall good experience, I recomend it O0

drwn kix
04-20-2006, 10:15 AM
I'm an old man with a perspective of being in the Air Force for six years during Vietnam.* My dad was career Air Force and my son served in Desert Storm.* I didn't like it, particularly.* My son hated it even though he wrote his own ticket...airborne, combat engineer, guaranteed posting to Europe.* Europe turned out to be Iraq.* From my perspective on him...he came back a different person.* He saw lots of dead people.* He is totally anti-war now and just not that cheerful.* One thing he hated was that there were people in his APC carrying explosives who were so stupid that he was more afraid of them than the enemy.* He had a hard time sleeping indoors for a while when he returned and has had ongoing physical problems.* He is now ABD at U of U at the age of 35.
Keep in mind that the services have increased their quotas of very low scoring applicants.
Keep in mind that Navy Corpsman are being used with Marine patrols in Iraq.
Keep in mind that many have been and will be killed.
Keep in mind that many more have and will be maimed.* (Look up the definition.)
Keep in mind that W doesn't see us ever leaving but we probably will, just like Vietnam.
Keep in mind that you will not come home the same person you were.* This might be positive but is more often negative.
During Vietnam my buddy went Warrant Officer program to fly helicopters.* He is on the wall in DC, I never saw him again.* Another buddy went to USC and flew a Navy fighter into the Carribean.* The service was moving for his wife, infant and me.
My best friend was on the ground in Vietnam in the Marine Corp. To this day he never goes anywhere without a gun. (Properly permitted of course.)
Keep in mind that the people you are "liberating" had nothing to do with 911 (unless you get posted to Afganistan.)
Good luck, either way.

EVOMANIAC
04-21-2006, 02:43 PM
I did not read the whole thread first off. But my understanding is you are already an RN. If I were you and was gonna join I would go Officer because you already are an RN. I am a Chief in the Navy with 14 years in. I love my job, but it does have its really low points too. I am on shore duty right now and have been out to sea for the last 2 months. If I am not at sea I go in at 0730 and go home about 0930. If you have any questions about the Navy PM me I will give you a call and try to answer them. I will tell you the truth not a bunch of BS.

airforce1
04-21-2006, 03:09 PM
moogle, if there is any branch of the military go AF b/c:

1. anyone in the nursing or medical corps hardly deploy.
2. You won't be seeing combat as a nurse.
3. If you are medical and money is an issue with you, the AF will pay for it.
4. Great assigments. i am going to Germany this coming August.

I think many agree here that AF treats its members well. It seems unfair that mostly army/marine are deploying to Iraq/Afghanistan but it simply is considering its mainly a ground war. Once again, give me a call if you require a full explanation.

C-Spec
04-21-2006, 03:13 PM
moogle, if there is any branch of the military go AF b/c:

1. anyone in the nursing or medical corps hardly deploy.
2. You won't be seeing combat as a nurse.
3. If you are medical and money is an issue with you, the AF will pay for it.
4. Great assigments. i am going to Germany this coming August.

I think many agree here that AF treats its members well. It seems unfair that mostly army/marine are deploying to Iraq/Afghanistan but it simply is considering its mainly a ground war. Once again, give me a call if you require a full explanation.

WTF ?? it must an AF thing. we are at WAR Iraq right now. Any medical personel will probably delpoy bro. Either they deploy to work on base hospital or medical tent. Just because you deploy to iraq that doesnt mean you are going to combat/frontline. You know what really funny?? i believe you. because my 11 months in Iraq i didn't see a single AF personel. O0

909Evo
04-21-2006, 07:38 PM
You know what really funny?? i believe you. because my 11 months in Iraq i didn't see a single AF personel. O0

The military doesn't like its smart people to get shot.

airforce1
04-22-2006, 03:48 AM
yep its true that many AF do not deploy.

DizEvoIX
04-22-2006, 08:22 AM
Yo Bro...
I didn't read most of the posts, so excuse me if I say something that has already been said. I served in the Navy during Desert Storm. I was a QuarterMaster, which is marine navigation. The travel back then was great. We didn't worry too much about terrorists, and the Persian Gulf was really our only worry.* At 19 years old, going to places like Perth, Australia, Hong Kong, Malaysia, and Singapore...just to name a few, was a pretty good deal. I met a lot of cool people...Ladies included ;) We did leave alot. Six months away from home every trip. I was in for four years and did that three times. We also had a couple of two and three month trips too. I got out in 1992. In 1998 I looked to get back in the Navy and was told that I was out too long and couldn't get back in. I joined the Coast Guard in 1998. I kept getting laid-off and bills were piling up, so I went back to what I know. I think as far as being deployed to the war, your best bet is the CG. We have people over there, and we lost ONE person a couple of years ago. The CG tries hard to station you where you want. It doesn't always workout...we do have to send people to Alaska ;) I don't want to get too long winded here about the CG, so try this link. http://www.uscg.mil/USCG.shtm I'm stationed in San Pedro/Long Beach in the Port of LA. PM me if you have any questions or want to visit the base. I have a buddy that is a recruiter in the Lakewood office. Good luck!!

4G63 FEVER
04-22-2006, 08:44 AM
I'm an old man with a perspective of being in the Air Force for six years during Vietnam. My dad was career Air Force and my son served in Desert Storm. I didn't like it, particularly. My son hated it even though he wrote his own ticket...airborne, combat engineer, guaranteed posting to Europe. Europe turned out to be Iraq. From my perspective on him...he came back a different person. He saw lots of dead people. He is totally anti-war now and just not that cheerful. One thing he hated was that there were people in his APC carrying explosives who were so stupid that he was more afraid of them than the enemy. He had a hard time sleeping indoors for a while when he returned and has had ongoing physical problems. He is now ABD at U of U at the age of 35.
Keep in mind that the services have increased their quotas of very low scoring applicants.
Keep in mind that Navy Corpsman are being used with Marine patrols in Iraq.
Keep in mind that many have been and will be killed.
Keep in mind that many more have and will be maimed. (Look up the definition.)
Keep in mind that W doesn't see us ever leaving but we probably will, just like Vietnam.
Keep in mind that you will not come home the same person you were. This might be positive but is more often negative.
During Vietnam my buddy went Warrant Officer program to fly helicopters. He is on the wall in DC, I never saw him again. Another buddy went to USC and flew a Navy fighter into the Carribean. The service was moving for his wife, infant and me.
My best friend was on the ground in Vietnam in the Marine Corp. To this day he never goes anywhere without a gun. (Properly permitted of course.)
Keep in mind that the people you are "liberating" had nothing to do with 911 (unless you get posted to Afganistan.)
Good luck, either way.

Can't remember your name off the top of my head but I met you at Robis back in January.

Now to the rant. He isn't looking for your point of view on the war I can see that you appear to be a military hater (LIB) :idiot2: and that is your choice. Get over it W won and that's the way it is.

I was in the Army for a hitch and although I didn't care for it, it was a good experience none the less. Mind you I was in when it was peace time so I never saw the other side, but when you raise your hand and say I do that is the chance you take. You were just unfortunate to be the age when Nam was going on.

I see you say your son was in also looks like Army correct? Did someone hold a gun to his head to have him sign up for service? He took a chance and didn't like it oh well happens all the time! WHERE IN THE HELL DID HE SEE LOTS OF DEAD PEOPLE IN EUROPE??? Enlighten me there Mr. Wizzard.

Any way enough of my rant here. I still believe he could do far worse than the military. It's not for everyone though but a resonable experience non the less.

FWIW my youngest brother is career Navy and is an E-6 and isn't doing too bad. Turned out good for him just to balance your sob story here. Yes he has saw combat and isn't bitter like you or your son.

[p]dOG.
04-22-2006, 09:01 AM
I think he meant Europe turned into Iraq and thats were he seen bodies. That happened to my buddy he was stationed in Germany but sent to Iraq.

4G63 FEVER
04-22-2006, 09:56 AM
^ My bad kind of was tweaked after reading it. I get real sick of the wobbly kneed pukes getting their views out and threfore that reasoning.

The Emperor
04-24-2006, 09:24 PM
moogle,

finish school, get your degree, and have a wonderful life.

CALL ME BITCH!

DizEvoIX
04-24-2006, 10:08 PM
moogle,

finish school, get your degree, and have a wonderful life.

CALL ME BITCH!

+1... If I could do it all over again!! :'( :-(

C-Spec
04-24-2006, 10:12 PM
You know what really funny?? i believe you. because my 11 months in Iraq i didn't see a single AF personel. O0

The military doesn't like its smart people to get shot.

smart??. i punch wooshy bitches running around trying to look smart. Soon as the first round hit. They roll into a ball and act like a bitch. No wonder why all the AF females go to our base. They don't to be around with punch of wimpies bitches. :2funny: Government don't want to sent bitches to do real man job. O0

airforce1
04-25-2006, 12:42 AM
we fly the planes for your support cover and smear those snipers.* we make the satellites that tell you where you and your buddies are to the nearest meter.* Without CAS and GPS, lets see who is the wimpy bitch* O0

C-Spec
04-25-2006, 01:19 AM
we fly the planes for your support cover and smear those snipers. we make the satellites that tell you where you and your buddies are to the nearest meter. Without CAS and GPS, lets see who is the wimpy bitch O0

oh really. half of the time those fucking thing don't even work right. That's why we don't count on gogo gaget stuff. We don't just give up just because the freaking gaget failed. Don't even tell those thing always working too. That's why we don't train and rely on cool gagets. You bitches rely on those shit. If you think we Marines are depending on those thing, well than my friend you have no clue WTF are you talking about. Little minded yuo are, let see you use those GPS in a triple canobie jungle, it doesn't work, unless you climb up on a tree. Also War this day are demanding on more ground troops instead of plane. You fly plane for my support ?? WTF ?? if i want to call for Air Support i got the Marines/Navy air wings for that. By the way this day combat is in an MOUNT environnement, which JET planes are not great tools for ground troops support. It's only good for CALL for FIRE. But really benefit to the troops most is Helicopter like Apache and Cobras. We have better pilots than you guys anyday. Look it how many AF intel/pilot bomb the wrong place.?? it was on the news. So much for GPS?? I can't blame you, for your comments anyway, you have never been to combat, so WTF do you know. O0

desertMarine
04-25-2006, 02:45 AM
Basically, you went to the recruiter because your are looking for something more in your life. If you are not sure it is something you want to do then don't enlist. I enlisted because I didn't have too many options when I got out of Highschool. I stayed in because I couldn't see myself not wearing the uniform or serving my country anymore. Yes I have times where I think I could be doing something else right now instead of serving my third tour in freakin Iraq but.... only you know if it is the right decision for YOU. If your hearts not in it don't do it. If you want to see the world and see what your made of, then go for it.

500whp
04-25-2006, 03:40 AM
Every branch serves a purpose, some may look down on others, but with out the other branch we will never function as a whole! Lets drop the shit talking between each other please!

4G63 FEVER
04-25-2006, 07:12 AM
Every branch serves a purpose, some may look down on others, but with out the other branch we will never function as a whole!* Lets drop the shit talking between each other please!

He is correct but I just have to go with one more. Marines and Army ground troops = NEPUT!

NEPUT= Non Electric Pop Up Target* :grin: :grin:!

I was in the Army so I* can slag away.* This is just to get C Specs goat.

airforce1
04-25-2006, 09:25 AM
Every branch serves a purpose, some may look down on others, but with out the other branch we will never function as a whole! Lets drop the shit talking between each other please!

+1

C-Spec
04-25-2006, 11:08 AM
Don't get me wrong, i totally agreed that "Every branches have it purpose, Also i have respect for of them." like any other branches we always have pride and shit to talk about other branches. It's in our blood. That's why when you have bunch of different branches in the same bar, Hell will break loose. O0. But If you read in my earlier post i even mention "join the airforce". I'm telling you those fucker lives up. If i ever join the military again, i would definitely join the AF. O0 let drop this shit, and find out what benifit Moogle the most. Also here are some pix to motivate all your ArmForces bitches. O0

http://www.29palms.usmc.mil/fmf/2-7/images/WarDogs%20Logo.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/vboy425/iraq/8.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/vboy425/iraq/6.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/vboy425/iraq/5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/vboy425/iraq/4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/vboy425/iraq/3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/vboy425/iraq/2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/vboy425/iraq/1.jpg

500whp
04-25-2006, 11:55 AM
KILL BODIES

reglaranang
04-25-2006, 12:31 PM
military yay here....army 6 years 2 deployments to iraq...11B infantry all the way...jeff my marine counterpart grunt...lol

C-Spec
04-25-2006, 12:38 PM
military yay here....army 6 years 2 deployments to iraq...11B infantry all the way...jeff my marine counterpart grunt...lol

:2funny: :D

500whp
04-25-2006, 12:40 PM
Grunt is the way to go KILL

500whp
04-25-2006, 12:44 PM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/neto4ss/blacksheepbordermyspace.jpg

C-Spec
04-25-2006, 03:05 PM
Jeff is the new Waldo, where's waldo, you you find him ?? :2funny:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/neto4ss/blacksheepbordermyspace.jpg

909Evo
04-25-2006, 07:24 PM
C-spec hit the nail on the head. If anyone stumbles upon this, don't take our dogging on each-other badly. Its bred into our systems from day 1 of bootcamp. If I had to go into combat and I needed 1k troops, the AF wouldn't even cross my mind, I would call the devil-dawgs in a heartbeat. But you better damn well believe I'm gonna make fun of them the whole time im out there!

C-Spec
04-25-2006, 07:29 PM
C-spec hit the nail on the head. If anyone stumbles upon this, don't take our dogging on each-other badly. Its bred into our systems from day 1 of bootcamp. If I had to go into combat and I needed 1k troops, the AF wouldn't even cross my mind, I would call the devil-dawgs in a heartbeat. But you better damn well believe I'm gonna make fun of them the whole time im out there!

We're just a big. big, very big BAND of Brothers. O0 Anyway AF have a bootcamp?? :coolsmiley:

airforce1
04-25-2006, 07:32 PM
+1

emperor_gp
04-25-2006, 07:34 PM

+1 :2funny:

and i'll have fun dropping them off and watching from far away with binoculars, "Damn, it looks nasty out there!"

GO NAVY!!!!

C-Spec
04-25-2006, 07:34 PM
You know, we all are talking to each other, but i swear if i see a civilian talk shit about any armforces perosonel.. You'll bet i'm going ot smack the shit out of them :2funny:

By the way here's a joke about the Navy.

WHAT DO YOU GET WHEN YOU HAVE 200 CILVILIAN JOIN THE NAVY????
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
//
/
/
/
/
/

/
/
/
/
/
/
//
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
//
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/

100 COUPLES GRADUATED FROM BOOTCAMP. :2funny:

emperor_gp
04-25-2006, 07:40 PM
Those are for the submariners buddy O0

oh and my marine joke:

the word marine is actually an acronym for:

M-y
A-ss
R-ides
I-n
N-avy
E-quipment

so for all you RIDERS...............

BETTER YOU THAN ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :2funny:

C-Spec
04-25-2006, 07:43 PM

oh and my marine joke:

M-y
A-ss
R-ides
I-n
N-avy
E-quipment

i got a better one :2funny: :2funny:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/vboy425/turbo/navy.jpg

Colossus
04-25-2006, 07:44 PM

oh and my marine joke:

M-y
A-ss
R-ides
I-n
N-avy
E-quipment

:2funny:

emperor_gp
04-25-2006, 07:53 PM
Here's one that says it all:

A sailor in a bar leans over to the guy next to him and says, ''Wanna hear a MARINE joke?''

The guy next to him replies, ''Well, before you tell that joke, you should know something. I'm 6' tall, 200 lbs, and I'm a MARINE. The guy sitting next to me is 6'2'' tall, weighs 225, and he's a MARINE. The fella next to him is 6'5'' tall, weighs 250, and he's also a MARINE. Now, you still wanna tell that joke?''

The sailor says, ''Nah, I don't want to have to explain it three times.''

C-Spec
04-25-2006, 07:58 PM
Here's one that says it all:

A sailor in a bar leans over to the guy next to him and says, ''Wanna hear a MARINE joke?''

The guy next to him replies, ''Well, before you tell that joke, you should know something. I'm 6' tall, 200 lbs, and I'm a MARINE. The guy sitting next to me is 6'2'' tall, weighs 225, and he's a MARINE. The fella next to him is 6'5'' tall, weighs 250, and he's also a MARINE. Now, you still wanna tell that joke?''

The sailor says, ''Nah, I don't want to have to explain it three times.''

:2funny: :2funny:

here' something to Motivate all you weekend Warior Marines.
http://www.strategypage.com/gallery/images/marine_corps_bumper_stickers.jpg

emperor_gp
04-25-2006, 07:59 PM
can i get a HOOOORAH?

C-Spec
04-25-2006, 08:02 PM
Why did the Navy change from using bar soap to using powder soap?

cuz it takes longer to pick up!! :2funny: :2funny:

emperor_gp
04-25-2006, 08:03 PM

C-Spec
04-25-2006, 08:07 PM
here's a joke about Iraqi Airforce

What's Iraqi Airforce motto??

?
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
//
/
/
/
/
/
/

A: I came, I saw, I ran.

brodienuchies
05-04-2006, 12:46 PM
Don't do it. I've already preached for hours to you about this bro...

Not in the military..but dont do it!!

drwn kix
05-08-2006, 10:13 AM
2420 IS THE NUMBER TODAY X 5 FOR MAIMED AND BRAIN DAMAGE.
NAVY = 45

06-27-2006, 04:52 AM
The thing about being in the military is you get out of it what you put in, the personal development can be awesome if you have the heart and are given the opportunity. But just because you have been in the military does not however make you a man of integrity or a better person. Men are judged by their actions.

Emperor_gp do you understand where I am coming from?

airforce1
06-27-2006, 10:18 AM
^^^^^

+1

DizEvoIX
06-27-2006, 10:45 PM
The thing about being in the military is you get out of it what you put in, the personal development can be awesome if you have the heart and are given the opportunity. But just because you have been in the military does not however make you a man of integrity or a better person. Men are judged by their actions.

Emperor_gp do you understand where I am coming from?

TRUE DAT MAN!!! TRUE DAT!!!