PDA

View Full Version : ECU+ ???

TrickedOutEVOVIII
04-05-2006, 10:44 AM
hey guyz...now im kinda tossing up the idea of maybe getting into one of these. ive been reading up on this unit and it looks damn good to me. all the features and programs that it comes with! it looks very exciting. not as complicated as a standalone but at the same times allows direct control of air/fuel and most importantly...TIMING!! the things that this unit monitors for you is out of this world. 127 data points as opposed to 12 or 16 is damn sexy too!! its also really practical to use this unit with a laptop or palm (which i have both). im trying to find any reason why i shouldnt get one of these!! besides the fact that a couple more hundred bucks and i can get myself a standalone. i know thats what everyone will say...but to answer your question...ive already got an AEM ems...im just researching all my options. thanx for looking and thanx for any contributions.

T

kimletrim
04-05-2006, 10:53 AM
It will depend on what your goals are. If you want a lot more than 400whp using a much larger turbo than stock, than I would probably keep the standalone.

The ECU+ is great for its ease of use, ease of monitoring, and ease of tuning. I have it and am learning as I write. It's great because you can learn to tune yourself as it provides almost all the tools you need in a easy to read format.

Terry S
04-05-2006, 11:08 AM
I know this is a rehash, but there's a very good article on EvoM about this. Its in the tuner review folder.

Terry S

earlyapex
04-05-2006, 11:23 AM
I use the ECU+.

The logging is to die for. Logs knock too! Everything is visually done well and very easy to read.

The ability to alter fuel and timing is great. I love the device. Logging is way better then xede.

Remember the ECU+ is targeted for people graduating from the SAFC.

Knock compensation rocks. It has the ability to add fuel and subtract timing at whatever knock voltage you desire.

You can also move to a GM MAF no problem, etc etc etc. I highly recommend it.

http://www.norcalmotorsports.org/users/bryan/mods/EVO/ecu_plus/logs/021906/ecu_tune_030806.gif

evolved
04-05-2006, 12:04 PM
who carries said Ecu+?
This might be an alternative I am interested in

kimletrim
04-05-2006, 12:05 PM
machv motorsports

Terry S
04-05-2006, 12:06 PM
I use the ECU+.

The logging is to die for. Logs knock too! Everything is visually done well and very easy to read.

The ability to alter fuel and timing is great. I love the device. Logging is way better then xede.

Remember the ECU+ is targeted for people graduating from the SAFC.

Knock compensation rocks. It has the ability to add fuel and subtract timing at whatever knock voltage you desire.

You can also move to a GM MAF no problem, etc etc etc. I highly recommend it.

http://www.norcalmotorsports.org/users/bryan/mods/EVO/ecu_plus/logs/021906/ecu_tune_030806.gif

I forget, does it control boost too? Oh and do they have a IX harness for it yet?

Terry S

earlyapex
04-05-2006, 12:10 PM
I forget, does it control boost too? Oh and do they have a IX harness for it yet?

Terry S

It currently can log boost with a MAP sensor. Tom is working on boost control... soon!

No harness for IX yet but Tom is also working on that as well.

I think the most impressive thing about the ECU+ is that Tom is very very involved with feedback of the user community. He is a one-man company and is very passionate about the product.

more info at: http://www.ecuplus.com/

AvengeDEvO
04-05-2006, 12:12 PM
I just found out about this product, and I would rather spend the money on this then on the SAFC. I have no idea on how to tune my car, and I would love to learn but not on my own. Does anyone know of a shop that can help me out with the tuning part?

Terry S
04-05-2006, 12:15 PM

Terry S

I currently can log boost with a MAP sensor. Tom is working on boost control... soon!

No harness for IX yet but Tom is also working on that as well.

I think the most impressive thing about the ECU+ is that Tom is very very involved with feedback of the user community. He is a one-man company and is very passionate about the product.

more info at: http://www.ecuplus.com/

Bummer. I'm looking for something that controls boost as well (I hate MBC's)

Terry S

lagcisco
04-05-2006, 12:15 PM
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?p=2962820

review of ecu+ from an xede point of view

earlyapex
04-05-2006, 12:19 PM
Bummer. I'm looking for something that controls boost as well (I hate MBC's)

Terry S

It will soon, I am waiting for it too. :smitten:

TrickedOutEVOVIII
04-05-2006, 01:00 PM
wow...i leave the computer for a few hours and look at all the responses. thanx everyone for all the helpful info. thanx earlyapex. are you using a palm with it or a laptop?? im assuming the laptop would offer much more logging capabilities than the palm. you can download their software directly into your palm or laptop right??? no need for any other software or download anything else right?? as long as you have a palm or laptop and the ecu+ and its sofware, youre all set to install and tune right?? another question i have is that the ecu+ does not have AFR logging capabilities, although indirectly it does through the o2 voltage, but is there a way to get an AFR meter like zeitronics and have it read with your ECU+??? the reason im concerned with this is cuz the narrow band oem o2 sensor doesnt read with the accuracy of a wideband o2 sensor which is what i want. i was just wondering if there was a way to include a wideband o2 instead of the narrow band with the ecu+ software....

another reason, all of you that are advising me to keep my standalone, should know is that im looking into the ecu+ instead of a standalone is because i can tune it myself. i would much rather tune my own car and be proud of the numbers i acheive that way instead of having someone else tune it for me. my .02 cents.

T

*chris*
04-05-2006, 01:09 PM
ive been interested in this for awhile ...but one thing i was curious about. what would the difference be between the 3in maf and the 3.5in maf? just more airflow?

kim, bryan ...did you guys upgrade to a gm maf?

TrickedOutEVOVIII
04-05-2006, 01:10 PM
thats exactly what it is...less restrictions

earlyapex
04-05-2006, 01:18 PM
thanx earlyapex.* are you using a palm with it or a laptop??* im assuming the laptop would offer much more logging capabilities than the palm.* you can download their software directly into your palm or laptop right???* no need for any other software or download anything else right??* as long as you have a palm or laptop and the ecu+ and its sofware, youre all set to install and tune right??*

I use both a laptop and a palm. I use the laptop for when I do logging just because it's easier to read the logs on the street while I am tweaking, and I use the palm after for super fine tuning during the week, etc.

As long as you have the ECU+ box and cables and the software installed on the laptop and palm, that's all you need. Unless you have a non-serial port equipped laptop, then you need a USB to serial port adapter.

another question i have is that the ecu+ does not have AFR logging capabilities, although indirectly it does through the o2 voltage, but is there a way to get an AFR meter like zeitronics and have it read with your ECU+???* the reason im concerned with this is cuz the narrow band oem o2 sensor doesnt read with the accuracy of a wideband o2 sensor which is what i want.* i was just wondering if there was a way to include a wideband o2 instead of the narrow band with the ecu+ software....

The ECU+ does indeed have Wideband AFR logging capabilities. :) I use a zeitronix and log it via ECU+. Look at the screenshot I posted above.

The ECU+ currently supports these widebands:

FJO Racing Wide Band Oxygen Sensor kits using controller CWC0002 or CWC0001
PLX Devices M-Series (M-200, M-250, M-300, M-400 and M-500) Wideband Oxygen Sensor Controllers, with or without the M-Series gauges
Innovative Motorsports LM-1 Air/Fuel Gauge
Tech Edge WB02 Lambda Meters (WBo2 version 2A0 and TE-WB Wideband Unit (v1.5))
Zeitronix Zt-2 Wideband Air/Fuel Ratio Meter
AEM Wideband UEGO Controller and Gauge-Type Wideband UEGO Controller

another VERY cool feature of the ECU+ is the street dyno which you can use on any log and also do multiple overlays, the cursor also follows not only the curves but the time-based logs. Very helpful for seeing if tuning changes made a difference:

http://www.norcalmotorsports.org/users/bryan/mods/EVO/dyno/010706/ecuplus_overlay02.gif

ECU+ also has full OBD2 scanning (like pocketlogger).

For full feature list check out: http://www.ecuplus.com/features.htm

DTunedEvoX
04-05-2006, 01:30 PM
What EarlyApex says .. reading some of his posts on the ECU+ forums and speaking with him directly on AIM is like having tech support LOL ...

If I were to do it again ~ I would do it again .. ECU+ rocks ..

TrickedOutEVOVIII
04-05-2006, 01:45 PM
earlyapex...good info bro. another good thing i was researching about ecu+ is that since its using similar fuel adjustments as the SAFC (+/- % of fuel), except it allows up to 50% both ways, you can copy your low/hi throttle settings directly from the safc into the ecu+ so you dont have to have your ecu+ initially tuned since there are larger injectors. that way you dont run the danger of something happening!! the more im reading about it, the more im loving it. its so user friendly.

T

Terry S
04-05-2006, 01:48 PM
Since the ECU+ directly controls timing, isn't upgraded injectors not as important (initially) compared to an SAFC2?

Terry S

TrickedOutEVOVIII
04-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Since the ECU+ directly controls timing, isn't upgraded injectors not as important (initially) compared to an SAFC2?

Terry S

exactly terry, but you do have to input initial values if your car is modded via fuel upgrades. for the same reason it isn't recommended to drive or boost on a car that just had injectors installed. UNLESS ECU+ has a built in map to deal with these types of things.

oh yeah, something i completely forgot about. earlyapex...what if you want to switch maps on different octane fuel??? can i have different maps for 91 oct and, say, C16???

T

earlyapex
04-05-2006, 01:58 PM
exactly terry, but you do have to input initial values if your car is modded via fuel upgrades.* for the same reason it isn't recommended to drive or boost on a car that just had injectors installed.* UNLESS ECU+ has a built in map to deal with these types of things.*

ECU+ has injector compensation, you can set it to whatever CC injectors and it compensates for it. Remember though, that pulse width on injectors is not linear, so you have to do a bit of tweaking to find the CC setting that works well with you size injectors, it isn't always 1:1.

You'll find that most cars with larger injectors and stock turbos run too much timing up top on 91 octane, causing more knock and pulled timing then you think. My maps actually have timing taken out up top. -4 at some points on 91 octane. This reduced knock, stopped pulling timing, and of course, gave me back torque and horsepower. All dyno verified. (street and a real mustang dyno)

oh yeah, something i completely forgot about.* earlyapex...what if you want to switch maps on different octane fuel???* can i have different maps for 91 oct and, say, C16???*

You can save and load as many timing and fuel maps that you desire. I currently have two fully tuned 100 octane maps, and two fully tuned 91 octane maps. You do however need the laptop hooked up to switch these maps. Palm map switching is currently in beta which will be even better, think of your palm as your personal map flasher. :smitten:

TrickedOutEVOVIII
04-05-2006, 02:03 PM
what about on bigger turbos like my situation??? there is a huge timing advance when upgrading...will there be any limitations with the ecu+ since i soon plan on getting a stroker motor or 2.4L and a bigger turbo???

T

earlyapex
04-05-2006, 02:22 PM
what about on bigger turbos like my situation???* there is a huge timing advance when upgrading...will there be any limitations with the ecu+ since i soon plan on getting a stroker motor or 2.4L and a bigger turbo???*

I don't have much experience with larger turbos on EVO's yet but I don't see why there would be any limitations. Fuel is adjustable +/- 50%, and timing is adjustable +/- 15%. Remember also that when you do injector compensation, it basically adjusts the MAF HZ that the ECU sees. This is normally done by adjusting the fuel percentage (like SAFC), so at some point you will be adjusting it so much that you run out of adjustability. With injector compensation, it does that for you and then you adjust fuel.

Case example:

I am currently running 720cc injectors and do not have injector compensation set. Up top I am taking out 23% of fuel. The factory ECU thinks I am flowing 1359 worth of MAF HZ, I am actually flowing 1760 worth of MAF HZ. If I had injector compensation on, depending on what CC I have it set to, the ECU+ would do that MAF HZ compensation for me (up to a certain point), then I can do fuel tuning from there.

Does that make sense? Injector compensation would basically give me more overhead to work with

TrickedOutEVOVIII
04-05-2006, 02:29 PM
ahhhhhh i see. now when it says +/- 15 % of timing ADJUSTMENT...it obviously means that the range of adjustments that you can make and is allowable by the ECU+ is that 15%. but my question is, ive seen upgraded turbos run more than 20 degrees of timing...am i gonna run out since the ecu+ is 15% up or down???
im not an expert on timing advance and retard...so please excuse the dumb questions.

T

earlyapex
04-05-2006, 02:36 PM
ahhhhhh i see.* now when it says +/- 15 % of timing ADJUSTMENT...it obviously means that the range of adjustments that you can make and is allowable by the ECU+ is that 15%.* but my question is, ive seen upgraded turbos run more than 20 degrees of timing...am i gonna run out since the ecu+ is 15% up or down???*
im not an expert on timing advance and retard...so please excuse the dumb questions.*

T

no, the adjustment is on top of whatever the stock ECU is giving you. It's not static like AEM EMS.

So, if the ECU is giving you 18 degrees of advance at 6800rpm, you can adjust +/- 15 points from that.

My car wants to run +22 degrees up top on 91 octane because of my injectors. I found I knocked because of that so I took out 3 points of timing, now I hit about 18-19 degrees up top.

TrickedOutEVOVIII
04-05-2006, 02:38 PM
SWEET!! thanx earlyapex, once again...im sooo sold on this unit. i think im gonna order it right now

T

trinydex
04-05-2006, 02:44 PM
hey guyz...now im kinda tossing up the idea of maybe getting into one of these. ive been reading up on this unit and it looks damn good to me. all the features and programs that it comes with! it looks very exciting. not as complicated as a standalone but at the same times allows direct control of air/fuel and most importantly...TIMING!! the things that this unit monitors for you is out of this world. 127 data points as opposed to 12 or 16 is damn sexy too!! its also really practical to use this unit with a laptop or palm (which i have both). im trying to find any reason why i shouldnt get one of these!! besides the fact that a couple more hundred bucks and i can get myself a standalone. i know thats what everyone will say...but to answer your question...ive already got an AEM ems...im just researching all my options. thanx for looking and thanx for any contributions.

T

be careful it doesn't allow direct control over timing or fuel... but that said it allows final values for timing and fuel and that's very useful. direct control would allow you to run antilag and such... you will never get anything more than no lift shift with a piggyback.

Blak94GSX
04-05-2006, 02:45 PM
The ECU+ is an excellent option and one that should be considered as being the next step up from an AFC and not as powerful or complicated as an AEM EMS. I recommend the AFC, ECU+ and then AEM EMS, and that's it.

The ECU+ is still pretty complicated for the first timer, but certainly much easier to setup and maintain than the AEM EMS. Powerwise it won't give much over an AFC for say pump gas, but with the ECU+ you can modify the timing to be more aggressive when using race gas.

The only downside is that it costs twice as much as an AFC and you need a laptop to use it, but you need a laptop for the AEM EMS, and the EMS costs twice as much as the ECU+.

trinydex
04-05-2006, 02:46 PM
can the ecu+ run on Speed Density ?
Also have you consider the Xede as well, similar to the ECU+

no and it will never but it will run a 3.5" gm maf which is better. and you can also set it up for blow through which is expensive.

trinydex
04-05-2006, 02:50 PM
wow...i leave the computer for a few hours and look at all the responses. thanx everyone for all the helpful info. thanx earlyapex. are you using a palm with it or a laptop?? im assuming the laptop would offer much more logging capabilities than the palm. you can download their software directly into your palm or laptop right??? no need for any other software or download anything else right?? as long as you have a palm or laptop and the ecu+ and its sofware, youre all set to install and tune right?? another question i have is that the ecu+ does not have AFR logging capabilities, although indirectly it does through the o2 voltage, but is there a way to get an AFR meter like zeitronics and have it read with your ECU+??? the reason im concerned with this is cuz the narrow band oem o2 sensor doesnt read with the accuracy of a wideband o2 sensor which is what i want. i was just wondering if there was a way to include a wideband o2 instead of the narrow band with the ecu+ software....

another reason, all of you that are advising me to keep my standalone, should know is that im looking into the ecu+ instead of a standalone is because i can tune it myself. i would much rather tune my own car and be proud of the numbers i acheive that way instead of having someone else tune it for me. my .02 cents.

T

aem is basically open loop all the time, that means tuning it requires much more expertise. the stock ecu takes care of a lotta adaptive tuning for you so piggybacking off it and just taking care of the power goodies is good.

it already retains stuff like idle only control and allows you to modify timing and such for a better idle so you're almost losing out on nothing. and you get hte accuracy and adaptability of a maf.

trinydex
04-05-2006, 02:52 PM

Terry S
but i think you may still need to them to remove fuel cut... someone answer this hahaa

Blak94GSX
04-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Actually the EMS can do full closed-loop much more than the stock ECU ever can. EMS does closed-loop to maintain any AFR you want at any throttle position and boost level.

earlyapex
04-05-2006, 02:56 PM

Terry S
but i think you may still need to them to remove fuel cut... someone answer this hahaa

ECU+ has a fuel cut defencer.

http://www.ecuplus.com/features.htm

trinydex
04-05-2006, 02:58 PM
i stand corrected... hmm... myabe i'll make the jump someday...

earlyapex
04-05-2006, 03:00 PM
For all the current SAFC users looking at ECU+, as just a FYI, I had been using AFC and SAFC's for 7yrs tuning 4G63's and I made the switch to ECU+ this year because I felt I was ready for more control.

Now I wish I had ECU+ 7 yrs ago. It's obviously not for everyone like Scot said and you do need to remember it's still a piggyback, but a damn powerful one at that.

Terry S
04-05-2006, 03:01 PM
Once it controls boost and has a IX harness, i'm all over it.

Terry S

Blak94GSX
04-05-2006, 03:07 PM
ECU+ is also a good learning tool for anyone looking to eventually go to a full standalone. The tuning methodology is pretty similar and the datalogger functions in a similar fashion.

TrickedOutEVOVIII
04-05-2006, 03:19 PM
sweet...thanx scott for all the insight and everyone else whos contributed to this thread!!

T

DTunedEvoX
04-05-2006, 04:22 PM
Let us know what you do ...

lagcisco
04-05-2006, 07:34 PM
damm now I want to buy an ECU+

G20
04-05-2006, 09:53 PM
I'm a little bit late into this subject.

I have been using ECU+ on my GT35r since last year and making around 500whp on c16. So yes, it's working great for big turbo as well. I was using the first version of it back in 04 but ocassionally getting P01300 code so I returned to Dan at MachV. With current version, if you're getting P1300 code then you may need to upgrade its firmware to minimize it.

I love ECU+, it's so easy to understand and use for novice like me thank to all the data loging, dyno and drag modes. Combine with Zeitronix, it's the best purchase for those into monitor and understanding their EVO. Monitoring the health of the car is one of the reasons that help my car from blow up after those legal and non-legal street racings.

It's also a potential to open up for thing like Internet tuners, i.e. people sending their datalog file to another more experience person to view the log and its charts and making changes to the map.

I'm pretty sure shops like TT and Scott can tune it easily with their expertise.

G20
04-05-2006, 10:13 PM
It will depend on what your goals are. If you want a lot more than 400whp using a much larger turbo than stock, than I would probably keep the standalone.

The ECU+ is great for its ease of use, ease of monitoring, and ease of tuning. I have it and am learning as I write. It's great because you can learn to tune yourself as it provides almost all the tools you need in a easy to read format.

A ha! So now I have someone to talk about ECU+ at the drag next time then. When did you get it?

GokuSSJ4
04-06-2006, 12:06 PM
earlyapex -
you should of created a similar thread(like the one in norcal) in regards of the ECU+ an we can place it in the FAQ in regards the ECU+ or maybe an article on "how does ECU+ work " the benefits and an ECU+ advantage vs SAFC..

kimletrim
04-06-2006, 12:07 PM

A ha! So now I have someone to talk about ECU+ at the drag next time then. When did you get it?

Just got it about a month ago.

trinydex
04-06-2006, 01:48 PM
earlyapex -
you should of created a similar thread(like the one in norcal) in regards of the ECU+ an we can place it in the FAQ in regards the ECU+ or maybe an article on "how does ECU+ work " the benefits and an ECU+ advantage vs SAFC..
there is an ecu+ thread...

GokuSSJ4
04-06-2006, 05:41 PM
earlyapex -

he had a lot of info in there... so something similar for the socal folks!!

Terry S
04-07-2006, 08:43 AM
So if I buy an ECU+ made to fit the VIII, is the guy making them going to offer a free conversion to the IX wiring? Also, when he gets the boost control down, is that going to be a free conversion (assuming its just a firmware fix)?

Terry S

kimletrim
04-07-2006, 08:50 AM
You can purchase the Plug and Play model which come prewired with an ECU harness extension meant for the Evo VIII. you cannot use the plug and play for the Evo 9. Your only option at this point would be to buy just the ECU+ and wire it youself to the Evo 9.

With regard to the boost control, most of the updates, if not all ,are free if you own the ECU+.

TrickedOutEVOVIII
04-07-2006, 12:21 PM
hey...to the ppl that already have ECU+...if i already have a 3.5" GM MAF sensor sitting in my garage, do i need anything else to run this on my car??? ppl have been saying something about a translator that i need in order to run this on my car...is there translator software on ECU+ that will enable me to run this??? thanx guyz...

T

EVO Neil
04-07-2006, 12:49 PM
earlyapex -

On this site? Link please...

trinydex
04-07-2006, 01:15 PM
hey...to the ppl that already have ECU+...if i already have a 3.5" GM MAF sensor sitting in my garage, do i need anything else to run this on my car??? ppl have been saying something about a translator that i need in order to run this on my car...is there translator software on ECU+ that will enable me to run this??? thanx guyz...

T

the translator is built into ecu+ what you will need is some new clamps and new silicone couplers to mount your maf into the intake pipe and if you go blow through you need to cut a section out of your intercooler piping so that you can insert it and couple and clamp it in there.

if you choose to go blowthrough however i recommend getting a 3" maf with a full 3" upper ic pipe system.

earlyapex -

i sort of figured that this was it... as it's growing exactly like the one on norcalevo, unless there's a norcal evo one that i'm not aware of.

TrickedOutEVOVIII
04-07-2006, 09:09 PM
whats the differences/pros cons between going on the intake and blow through on the upper IC pipe???

T

trinydex
04-08-2006, 02:05 AM
blow through and draw through are the terms. draw through you will have the same problems you ahve with the stock maf in the stock location.

blow through you will be able to vta etc... blow through is also nice because you get a better reading cuz it's closer to the tbody.

turbolarry
04-08-2006, 11:32 AM
Blow through sensors are less restrictive.

GokuSSJ4
04-08-2006, 12:06 PM
earlyapex -

i sort of figured that this was it... as it's growing exactly like the one on norcalevo, unless there's a norcal evo one that i'm not aware of.

yeah there is, he was posting achievements that he had obtain with the ecu+ and i believe he had alot of good info in there....
An what i was referring maybe could be a guide on how to use the ecu+ as well as what functions it has .. Also a quick SAFC vs ECU+ would be great , as far as features.

trinydex
04-08-2006, 12:31 PM

how so?

tlcoll1
05-13-2006, 06:22 PM
So if I buy an ECU+ made to fit the VIII, is the guy making them going to offer a free conversion to the IX wiring?

As "the guy making them," I have to ask... is Mitsubishi offering a free conversion from the EVO VIII to the EVO IX? :)

What I'll probably do for folks in this situation is to offer to wire up a new IX harness for some nominal cost. You buy an IX harness and send it to me and I send it back wired for the ECU+. The ECU+ "box" doesn't change between the VIII and the IX.

Also, when he gets the boost control down, is that going to be a free conversion (assuming its just a firmware fix)?

That's the plan.

Tom

turbolarry
05-13-2006, 11:30 PM

how so?

trinydex
05-14-2006, 12:33 AM
they come screened though, whether or not you descreen them is up to you.

cspeed17
05-14-2006, 11:54 AM
I am going to switch from afc to ECU+ in a short while this will hopefully help to give me some more torque and be alot more sufficient all the way around...... Im in.

G20
05-14-2006, 02:57 PM
I am going to switch from afc to ECU+ in a short while this will hopefully help to give me some more torque and be alot more sufficient all the way around...... Im in.

Basically, your peak horse power will be similar but you'll pick up more power and torque in the mid range and the car will feel smoother.

GokuSSJ4
05-14-2006, 08:12 PM

Basically, your peak horse power will be similar but you'll pick up more power and torque in the mid range and the car will feel smoother.
hopefully the same can be said about the darkside.. since they both control timing amoung other things

DTunedEvoX
05-14-2006, 08:54 PM
So if I buy an ECU+ made to fit the VIII, is the guy making them going to offer a free conversion to the IX wiring?

As "the guy making them," I have to ask... is Mitsubishi offering a free conversion from the EVO VIII to the EVO IX? :)

What I'll probably do for folks in this situation is to offer to wire up a new IX harness for some nominal cost. You buy an IX harness and send it to me and I send it back wired for the ECU+. The ECU+ "box" doesn't change between the VIII and the IX.

Also, when he gets the boost control down, is that going to be a free conversion (assuming its just a firmware fix)?

That's the plan.

Tom

Tom rules .. Cant wait for the rest of the features to be implemented .. and see the significant gains in the powerband in the 9's!

Terry S
05-15-2006, 10:53 AM

That's the plan.

Tom

O0 thanks for the update.

I was just curious about the possible cost for the harness upgrade since the V-brand peoples initially mentioned they would upgrade an VIII harness to a IX harness for free. I wouldn't doubt if that stance has changed though...

Terry S

tlcoll1
05-19-2006, 04:43 PM
Right now the harnesses are way expensive, running like $250. That's why the EVO IX versions of the ECU+ are a lot more than the EVO VIII versions. But if a less expensive one comes out, I'm more than happy to pass on the savings. I think someone on EvoM mentioned that Boomslang had plans to make one, and I can't imagine it'll be that much.

Tom

Terry S
05-19-2006, 04:45 PM
Right now the harnesses are way expensive, running like $250. That's why the EVO IX versions of the ECU+ are a lot more than the EVO VIII versions. But if a less expensive one comes out, I'm more than happy to pass on the savings. I think someone on EvoM mentioned that Boomslang had plans to make one, and I can't imagine it'll be that much.

Tom

So you do have Evo IX versions of the ECU+ availible now?

And does it control boost yet? :D

Terry S

DTunedEvoX
05-19-2006, 04:48 PM
9 versions are available ..

Boost control, Adjustable 2-Step, NLTS is not ..

Unless Tom's hiding some beta software somewhere I can test LOL

Terry S
05-19-2006, 04:51 PM
9 versions are available ..

Boost control, Adjustable 2-Step, NLTS is not ..

Unless Tom's hiding some beta software somewhere I can test LOL

Damn, I really need to get over to EvoM every now and then...

Thanks.

Terry S

earlyapex
05-19-2006, 05:03 PM
Damn, I really need to get over to EvoM every now and then...

Thanks.

Terry S

Info is on ecuplus.com forum, no need for EvoM. ;)