PDA

View Full Version : '06 Evo IX, '06 Porsche Boxter, Used (no year) BMW M3

DizEvoIX
04-05-2006, 01:38 PM
What's up Fellow Evo Heads....
I let my Celica go and got my Evo IX back in Dec. '05. Since then the haters I work with have applauded me in my face, and talked trash behind my back. It all came to a head yesterday. One has a '03 RSX-S with mods, and used to get the best of me in the slightly modded Celica.(only had exhaust) He now wants a used M3. The other has an '06 Boxster. Boxster dude feels he can smoke me, simply because it's a Porsche. RSX wanna be M3 guy, says the M3 beats an Evo hands down. I'm sure the Evo vs M3 would be close, but the Boxter? An old friend of mine had an Integra when I had my first Celica (2000) and told me I could have beaten a Boxter after being f'd with by the Boxter. He said it's the "Poor Man's Porsche", and is nothing like the 911. It's just a car with a Porsche badge. Can the guru's of the game shed some light on this subject. I'm sick of the sh** talking, and it seems to me that these guys are pissed that I was faster than them overrnight with the purchase of the Evo. RSX guy put his car up for sale the week after I pulled away from him for the first time on the way to work. Boxter dude, had a G35 that was a lemon, and told me I was stupid for paying $35k + for a Lancer. HATERS!!!!!! >:( :tickedoff:
:mitsu: :mitsu:

MyGlue
04-05-2006, 02:06 PM
Depends on what year M3 you're talking about. I used to drive a e36 m3 and it was slower than dirt. Well, comparitively... They're nice and torquey and feel good for city driving but on the track they're not THAT fast. I've tracked both my m3 and evo and obviously the evo is by far faster. Both were mildly modded. Evo with power mods & stock suspension. The m3 with intake, intake manifold, exhaust, chip and spring/shock combo. Didnt have the get up and go as the evo does. Havent compared my times between the cars but my feeling is the evo is faster. As far as the e46 ones go, we compare lap times with a friend that has one and comes with me and i'm faster by a second or so on long track like buttonwillow. Boxsters are slow as far as i know, but i've never driven or seen one at the track. Just tell them put up or shut up, and take them to the track.

After writting all this, i realized u might've been talkin about drag racing...

DizEvoIX
04-07-2006, 02:32 PM
I'm talking drag mostly. There are some streets near my job that are pretty empty and wide open. Mostly straightaways. Yesterday, Boxster dude apologized for letting the conversation get out of hand. I was like whatever. He did back down a little, saying that he can tell that my car is very well put together, and he can feel the power when I'm driving. Yeah...stroke me a little harder!! I'm going to invite him and RSX guy to those streets or the track. What tracks are cool, and are they expensive to use?
:mitsu: FO' LIFE!!!!

Absinthe
04-07-2006, 02:49 PM
drag racing evo stomps porche and rsx, stock its a drivers race with an e46 M3 mild mods you'll throttle him. But since it sounds like you have zero experience watch what you say or you could get baited and throttled by a good experienced driver even with a much slower car.

Boxter= porsche with panties. although they do drive nicely.
M3= easy to drive fast, not the fastest cars, great at giving there drivers a false sense of confidence
RSX=FWD=POS.

Ricardon
04-07-2006, 02:55 PM
M3= easy to drive fast, not the fastest cars, great at giving there drivers a false sense of confidence
RSX=FWD=POS.

Win.

Some would argue that your description of the M3 is also a good description of the EVO.

kimletrim
04-07-2006, 03:04 PM
I have never seen an M3 run under 14 seconds in the 1/4 at LACR.

Absinthe
04-07-2006, 03:39 PM
I have never seen an M3 run under 14 seconds in the 1/4 at LACR.

damn really? I thought mag numbers on it were low 13's at around 108-110mph trap

Absinthe
04-07-2006, 03:40 PM
RSX=FWD=POS.

Win.

Some would argue that your description of the M3 is also a good description of the EVO.

yeah drove both back to back at buttonwillow before I bought the m5, its really easy to be "smooth" in the m3 where as for me the evo was more of a light-switch either on or off and tougher to be smooth with, evo was on the whole faster though partially due to "brakes from god" as the m3 guy called them.

C-Spec
04-07-2006, 03:42 PM
I'm talking drag mostly. There are some streets near my job that are pretty empty and wide open. Mostly straightaways. Yesterday, Boxster dude apologized for letting the conversation get out of hand. I was like whatever. He did back down a little, saying that he can tell that my car is very well put together, and he can feel the power when I'm driving. Yeah...stroke me a little harder!! I'm going to invite him and RSX guy to those streets or the track. What tracks are cool, and are they expensive to use?

shit from a stop you will take them anyday. you got traction bro AWD. go and practice your launches.

G20
04-07-2006, 03:49 PM
Remove some performance restriction (exhaust, downpipe, boost control) on your IX and fine tune it (safc, flash...) so you can put more distance on them to create more hatres. :-)

fusionchicken
04-07-2006, 03:50 PM
e46 m3's are 13 sec flat cars. in the hands of good drivers, that is.

stock for stock they overpower the Evo, that's why they have a higher trap speed, and why they destroy stock Evos from a roll, esp. the top end.

put a bit of mod on the Evo, and its a very different story :)

rsx and boxsters...lol. dont worry about them too much :) unless u can't drive. lauching an awd is the most difficult part. after u get it down, ur car will take almost every car off the line.

Absinthe
04-07-2006, 03:55 PM

go and practice your launches.

thats step 2 step one is start saving for a new clutch first.

C-Spec
04-07-2006, 04:00 PM

go and practice your launches.

thats step 2 step one is start saving for a new clutch first.

haha, he will be fine. I have been to the drag strip many times a long with hard driving on the streets. my clutches lasted me 27,440 miles. Kimletrim his clutches even lasted him over 32k. Just beside launching, also 1st and 2nd gear is a bitch sometime.

NRG
04-07-2006, 05:45 PM
Acutally if the Boxster is a type S, it would be a driver's race. Type S has 280hp with 5.2 0-60mph. RWD are best for straight drags.....