PDA

View Full Version : How to man up and I am grateful

Chris in SD
04-05-2006, 03:24 PM
This is the latest... It is good to know there are good folks out there. My apologies go to Capt Kim and any other service members I might have offended. I am eternally grateful for your sacrifices and wish you all to return home safely from wherever you end up. As a former Marine, I only joked in the way that service members often do. Semper fi....

Chris,

Just wanted to apologize to you for what I said. I was personally sick and tired of the AF jokes. I had Vboy and other marines do it on this board. I don't know why you guys have such a deep hatred of the AF. Come to my base and you will see the amazing things we do here for the men on the battlefield. Anyways, just wanted to apologize.

Capt kim

drmosh
04-05-2006, 03:35 PM
Banned airforce1

Let me re-iterate:
We do not condone personal threats whether by PM or made on the forums... you will suffer a PERMANENT ban until the issue is resolved.

Chris in SD
04-05-2006, 03:44 PM
Whoa, I wasn't trying to get the guy banned (I didn't know that rule, btw). I just wanted to point out the stupid stuff people say to me sometimes...

Blaze
04-05-2006, 03:48 PM
It's not appropriate to post personal PMs, even in teh Political Arena.
At the very least, you should have removed the members name.

"E-Etiquette" Not to imply it was deserved after receiving that....

2c

Blaze

KRS333
04-05-2006, 03:54 PM
That is funny. Jokes are just jokes. I that the reason to join the military what ever it may be was to serve your country.

Chris in SD
04-05-2006, 04:08 PM
It's not appropriate to post personal PMs, even in teh Political Arena.
At the very least, you should have removed the members name.

"E-Etiquette"* Not to imply it was deserved after receiving that....

2c

Blaze

He deserved to get the credit for that one...

Macky
04-05-2006, 06:04 PM
dayum

alex_alex
04-08-2006, 04:56 PM
i guess the military is a convenient way for insecure people with chips on their shoulders to release their agression and hostility, and for our government to harness this insecurity and use it to our advantage.

not surprising that we have the best military in the world.

nor it is surprising that Japan probably would've had the best military in the world had we not taken it away from then after WWII

Chris in SD
04-08-2006, 05:02 PM
i guess the military is a convenient way for insecure people with chips on their shoulders to release their agression and hostility, and for our government to harness this insecurity and use it to our advantage.

not surprising that we have the best military in the world.

nor it is surprising that Japan probably would've had the best military in the world had we not taken it away from then after WWII

I would agree with this to some extent (esp. in the Army), but plenty of us have self-esteem, self-confidence, integrity, intelligence, and a sense of patriotism that motivates us to join. I do agree that we have the best military in the world in every aspect: technical ability, quality/level of training, sense of patriotism, and undying courage. When I goofed on Capt Kim's beloved Air Force, it was only a joke since I've worked with those guys and the exchanges usually went something along how us Marines were knuckle-draggers, while the "Chair Force" was more concerned about how to adjust the A/C then to sight in their weapons... Until now it had always been pretty funny.

gofaster87
04-08-2006, 06:06 PM
Dont worry Chris the guy has been an ass in the past. Obviously the guy doesnt know who he is fucking with. There seems to be alot of "small man syndrome" running around.

nurb2
04-08-2006, 07:45 PM
LOL. What a micro-dick. Internet tough guys ... :outofcloset: ... oops, now he wants to kick my ass too.

Who in the military gets all bent out of shape when other branches talk shit? That's the way it's been since the beginning of time.

-nurb2-

Highrever
04-08-2006, 09:24 PM

Wait, that sounds alot like Scientology :D

My dad was in the Navy and his best bud was Air Force, they where friends for 35 years and everytime they see each other they threw salties/chair force jokes at each other all the time, meh I just don't get worked up over words anymore

Chris in SD
04-09-2006, 04:58 AM
Exactly...

Anyway I think I figured out why he got so worked up... maybe he's a recruiter and my "chair force", "corporate military", etc. jokes hurt his numbers... (but I don't think too many guys from SoCalEvo are joining the AF - lots of former Marines and sailors here, some active duty guys)