PDA

View Full Version : i got a damn ticket today what should i do

cky_bam_marg
04-11-2006, 07:36 PM
ok so like im driving back from this counsoling center that i was required to go to for a previous crime of mine, so im on my way back home and i see these 2 cops outside there car shooting the breeze being fat f*ks and they look at me and give me a horrible stare. all of a sudden in my rear view i see them jump into there cars and fast as hell and i know there coming after me so i try to book it. but no these 2 fat lard arse SUV's where blocking the road and i have to stop at the red light and one cop squeezes in behind me and wen the light turns green i try and keep it slow and and shift early to keep my exhaust down but he flashes me down and i pull over. he comes over to me and laffing and saying u know i pulled u over for ur modified muffler, and then he sees the turbo timer on my steerign wheel and trys to act like its somethign bad, (my turbo timer is broken by the way so it dont work) and then he tells me to pop my hood and harrasses me about my BOV and my greddy uicp and says there should be a carb number or some shat like that. so he goes back to his car and writes his ticket and his buddy shows up out of nowhere and i here them talking and i here the cop say well i just got this spic on some modified exhaust, and i was so pissed when i heard that. but i didnt want to start shat with him. so he gives me the ticket and this is wat i got.

not correctable - VC27156(b) modified smog
correctable - VC27151 modified exhaust
correctable - VC8700 front plate

and i have an AVO turboback with cat delete, and AVO type-d turbokit which consists of a turbo, headers,and O2 housing

the car is in my parents name and was bought from the tustin mitsubishi with all the(illigal) mods on it. but im pretty sure they would be shady about it now if i tried to get it signed off by them

so wat should i do i need help im all freakin out abou this. (this is where i would love the closeness of the evo community to shine) and is ther away around this w/o my parents knowing, and should i just let that cops racist comment go?

Blaze
04-11-2006, 07:44 PM
I think Garry @ Project GEN has his stock turbo system off the car right now.
You might want to borrow that for a week or two and get the smog issues signed off.

speedracer2169
04-11-2006, 07:45 PM
Well the dealer cant sign off your ticket however they are responsible for making the car pass smog. By law they can't sell a car if it doesn't pass smog. What sucks is that you have waited too long to do something about it and now you have to put everything back to stock. You can try to take Tustin Mitsu to court if you can prove to them that they sold you the car with all those modifications and that it doesn't pass smog. Also call the police station and file a complaint on the Officer. It may not do much but if it happens again and the complaints keep coming he can get fired

cky_bam_marg
04-11-2006, 07:52 PM
well jason umm im pretty sure my turbo kit will pass easally being how its a smaller then stock turbo and it looks stocker then stock along with the headers and O2, but wat i think will really kill me is the no cat. anyway if i could buy or barrow a cat that will fit my car i think that would be legit b/c my exhaust isnt really like honda loud is like deep loud. anyway umm i want to know wat iis gonna happen and wat i need to do here besides find a cat, and am i supposed to take it to get smogged anywhere im so in the dark about everything i dont know wat to do (beside get a cat)

EVOate909
04-11-2006, 09:02 PM
was this in rancho C?

cky_bam_marg
04-11-2006, 09:04 PM
yup yup it was

Skiracer
04-11-2006, 09:07 PM
Here's what i did with my AVO catback. I chopped off the big tip and welded on a 3" pipe and paint the muffler and pipe black

http://socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/11007/normal_111-1108_IMG%20copy.jpg

cky_bam_marg
04-11-2006, 09:12 PM
well do u loose performance if u do that, how is the sound (quieter or louder or the same) and dude wat sucks is that the bloody avo muffler tip looks like the stock one, but yea w/e, i might do this

Skiracer
04-11-2006, 09:17 PM
The stock tailpipe looks aftermarket anyways and i've heard of peeps gettin pulled over for the stock tailpipe...I didn't notice any difference in power/sound when i changed the tailpipe.

Skiracer
04-11-2006, 09:19 PM
here's a better view. Looks stocker than stock O0
http://socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/11007/normal_111-1106_IMG%20copy.jpg

cky_bam_marg
04-11-2006, 09:26 PM
hell like if the sound stays the same, them maybe a better path might be to fabricat a silencer of sorts for the avo tail pipe, or maybe if u took your path and did that mod and then add a silencer to that or something idk i need somethign that proved that if i do that, that i wont loose any power and i can reduce noise those r like my big concerns and doing that w/e buying a whole new exhaust, also he gave me some shit about my greddy uicp he said it didnt have some code or number well wat shoudl i do about that can i find a random one and weld it on there or something??

G20
04-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Hell yeah! Don't feel too bad. I got pull over for stock tail lights which the popo said "modified".

If you decided to go to the smog-referee: The AVO turbo kit looks just like stock (no shiny big equal-length header) so you should be ok. The shiny upper pipe and the cat-deleted are probably give you problem at the smog-referee. Just borrow a stock cat (I'm pretty sure there're many here including mine) and do something with that shiny pipe like temporary hook back the stock one before going. Remove the piggy-back if any as they'll look into your glove box. Those smog-referee are a$$es.

You can also elect to pay for the ticket.

cky_bam_marg
04-11-2006, 09:57 PM
well dude the problem is i dont got the stock uicp what i had to fill that space before was my electric supercharger and that would look really bad on my part, (but then it could be good b/c its electric and saves gas lol) and as for the cat would a stock one fit the avo turboback exhaust. and should i put back my electric supercharger lol

cky_bam_marg
04-11-2006, 10:00 PM
this is wat my engine looks like with the supercharger its not so stock looking lol

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/cky_bam_marg/enginepic.jpg

G20
04-11-2006, 10:03 PM
well dude the problem is i dont got the stock uicp what i had to fill that space before was my electric supercharger and that would look really bad on my part, (but then it could be good b/c its electric and saves gas lol) and as for the cat would a stock one fit the avo turboback exhaust. and should i put back my electric supercharger lol

I'm pretty if you have the regular AVO catback then the stock cat fit. Unless you have a system with a custom downpipe for the turbo kit then I'm not sure. I have AVO turboback. Your supercharge kit will have to be out. Period. They'll not let you go with it. Trust me! Been there.

Blaze
04-11-2006, 10:06 PM
You're in California bro.
It doesn't matter if it passes @ the pipe.
What matters is you have modified components on your car that a state ref can identify.

If you appear at a state ref, you had better be bone stock.
* No silicon lines
* No stickers
* No non OEM parts
* Guess what...? No Turbos.

If there isn't a CARB # on it, your chances of passing are slim.

cky_bam_marg
04-11-2006, 10:11 PM
well my supercharger has been out of the car for a while now, so like now i have to change ..

the cold air intake (its an aps and its read maybe i could pawn it off as a rally art mitsu one or something)
the uicp (but this should be easy to borrow from someone)
and then the cat, that seems like it(and i think a stock one will fit)

Blaze
04-11-2006, 10:15 PM
You should be able to borrow all the stock parts you need from members local to you.
Just post what you need and I'm sure people will be more then willing to help you out.

G20
04-11-2006, 10:17 PM
You should be able to borrow all the stock parts you need from members local to you.
Just post what you need and I'm sure people will be more then willing to help you out.

Exactly! That's what called community.

cky_bam_marg
04-11-2006, 10:20 PM
dude u guys r great and have been alot of help, and i am gonan look into that welding on a different tip thing.........................................well for now i need to talk to my dad about it first and then ill go form there, but yea one more thing ................say if i did have an afc in there and i hit that thing damn well would they ever find it, or detect it and disqualify me.

Blaze
04-11-2006, 10:22 PM
I doubt if they'd be looking for an SAFC. If you stuff it under your dash you should be safe.

cky_bam_marg
04-11-2006, 10:27 PM
dude awsome i love velcro, hey wat abou tmy boost gauge, and my mbc (whch isnt hooked up its just chillin there in my engine bay)

evildsm
04-18-2006, 12:41 PM
Remove any and everything from under the hood that does not come with the car in stock form. The refs are smart on all of the tricks. Stock air box/ic pipes/ EVERYTHING! The boost gauge is fine, just use a black vaccume line and explain to them what it connects too. There is nothing illegal with a boost gauge. When I had to go to the state ref I kept mine in and he found where I tapped into. When he unplugged my tapped line he had his assistant ask him if the gauge changed at all. It did and then he plugged it back in.