PDA

View Full Version : U.S. R35 GTR will be under the Nissan brand

ReHeat
04-12-2006, 12:27 PM
It's offical, it'll be the Nissan GTR instead of Infiniti GTR in the U.S.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/04/12/its-official-the-u-s-spec-gt-r-will-be-a-nissan/

Terry S
04-12-2006, 12:33 PM
It's offical, it'll be the Nissan GTR instead of Infiniti GTR in the U.S.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/04/12/its-official-the-u-s-spec-gt-r-will-be-a-nissan/

Holy crap. I dont believe it.

Terry S

EVOate909
04-12-2006, 02:28 PM
dam i cant wait...

javinsMR
04-12-2006, 03:18 PM
i would like to see this car once it comes out...

SpdyEvo02
04-12-2006, 03:44 PM
shazam...this is going to be sweet

DruMMinStUd06
04-12-2006, 04:24 PM
I would've like to see this come under Infiniti...but it'll probably be a sweet car nonetheless.

j_nizzle
04-12-2006, 04:27 PM
I would've like to see this come under Infiniti...but it'll probably be a sweet car nonetheless.

i see your point though...for the 50k msrp with the mark-up of a few extra g's i would have liked to see some luxury add-ons thrown in to justify the purchase...but then again, you could drop $35k on a g35 and add 10k in mods and have a rwd skyline with 400+ crank hp...

md6380
04-12-2006, 05:38 PM
I think this sucks from a service point of view. I would hate to pay so much for the car and have to deal w/ shitty Nissan dealer service.

EVO Neil
04-12-2006, 05:47 PM
I think this sucks from a service point of view. I would hate to pay so much for the car and have to deal w/ shitty Nissan dealer service.

You can get bad service from any dealer. Trust me I know, I get all different brands of vehicles serviced and have gotten bad service from many luxury brands.

I think the Nissan brand name has too much heritage with that car to ignore it by giving it to Infiniti. And yes, I am fully aware it's never been sold here. But like the Evo before it, it still has a heritage behind it that many U.S. buyers understand.

Evo8you
04-12-2006, 10:42 PM
Yeesssssss!

OmegaEvo
04-13-2006, 01:32 AM
Bump Bump for the nismo

Absinthe
04-13-2006, 08:25 AM

You can get bad service from any dealer. Trust me I know, I get all different brands of vehicles serviced and have gotten bad service from many luxury brands.

I think the Nissan brand name has too much heritage with that car to ignore it by giving it to Infiniti. And yes, I am fully aware it's never been sold here. But like the Evo before it, it still has a heritage behind it that many U.S. buyers understand.

Gauging on my experience with Mitsubishi though and for what that car is going to cost it would have been nice to get the infiniti warranty and things like a service loaner when your car goes into the shop seems a little odd to me to sell a 60k+/- car with a three year warranty and no service loaners.

Also it may not happen with Nissan but with mitsu they were so used to dealing with C & D paper that they treated clients with larger credit scorse and real jobs like their normal lancer customers again that really leaves a bad taste in your mouth with a 30k car imagine a 60k one. Its a culture thing in the dealerships deal with dead beats and 500 credit scores all day long and you try a lot of the same BS with guys who have 700's and it grates on them badly.

EVO Neil
04-14-2006, 05:02 AM
I've started a new thread about who will leave the Evo community for a U.S. R35 GTR. If you want to post on that topic, it's here:

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=21204.0