PDA

View Full Version : 23302 B Transponder not displayed (Toll Roads)

Evolution.VIII
04-13-2006, 11:53 AM
Hey Everyone,

I thought I'd add this thread for the future as I know many of us use the Toll Roads through Orange County and the Inland Empire.

I was going southbound on the 241 and was sited with 23302 B, which is not displaying the transponder properly. The bail on this "violation" is $150. Be warned, have that bitch displayed the entire time you are on the toll roads.

Currently I am on an extension to put the money together for the bail and will be fighting this bogus ticket. I assumed it would be a $10 fine or something, but as you can see, it is a significant amount with points on your record if you choose not to do traffic school.

Laws like this need to be repealed or redrawn. I will keep you updated, my extension is until May 30, 2006.

speedracer2169
04-13-2006, 11:54 AM
dude that blows

Blaze
04-13-2006, 11:58 AM
why would it cost you points?
seems like it should be a fix-it ticket.
it's not like you commited a moving violation such as running a light.... :?

Evolution.VIII
04-13-2006, 11:58 AM
I'm such an Irvine criminal. I feel so devious breaking the law driving without my transponder displayed properly. They[i]must[i] pull over a lot of patrons who pay at the toll boothes for not having their transponders displayed :roll:

gen4k20a2
04-13-2006, 11:59 AM
ya im not so sure its a pointable violation. wierd that its that much

Evolution.VIII
04-13-2006, 12:00 PM
You'd think Logic would dictate that wouldn't you? I have no idea why it could add a point to my record. I was like WTF!? when I saw traffic school as an option on my "courtesy reminder".

It has to be the lamest "violation" since not being able to ride my giraffe down the street in Florida.

gen4k20a2
04-13-2006, 12:04 PM
sometimes its still a non pointable violation...i got a no lights on and it was a non pointable...still got that option

Evolution.VIII
04-13-2006, 12:52 PM
Well, thats good to know, its $175 with the Traffic School.

Luxury Broker
05-28-2006, 10:48 PM
I just went to court for the SAME BS on Friday. I told the Judge that it was there and did not see the reason for almost 4 times the amount of fine for Running the toll. He told me to attach it to the window and lowered the fine to $78. Lesson is to have it stuck to the window. CHP is cracking down on the toll. I also got a no front plate ticket.

Coolguy949
06-02-2006, 08:41 AM
That's rediculous! Makes me want to boycott toll roads. I used to drive the 241 every single day to my old shop and I would just pull the transponder out and wave it and put it back in the glove box. I dont want that ugly thing on my window.

I can't beleive this can go on your driving record. How is this unsafe driving??

GokuSSJ4
06-02-2006, 09:25 AM
That's rediculous! Makes me want to boycott toll roads. I used to drive the 241 every single day to my old shop and I would just pull the transponder out and wave it and put it back in the glove box. I dont want that ugly thing on my window.

I can't beleive this can go on your driving record. How is this unsafe driving??

because you guys are criminals.... some one has to stop you , LOL ...

Evolution.VIII
09-06-2006, 09:30 AM
UPDATE

I just got my results back from my TBD. Not Guilty! I'll be receiving my $150 in 4-6 weeks. O0

Thanks to everyone who helped out.

bogey8
09-06-2006, 03:22 PM
nice job...glad you're getting your money back.

that's seems such a lame violation. I used to have mine velcrod to the windshield but sometimes I have to take it out to use in another car. Eventually the velcro wore out and it won't stick anymore. So now I just put it on top of the dash. I've never had any problems yet...hopefully I never get pulled over for something stupid like that.

Evolution.VIII
09-07-2006, 03:22 PM
You never know. I keep that thing on the dash the whole time I'm on the toll road. I don't need to give anyone another excuse to waste my time.

GokuSSJ4
09-07-2006, 11:29 PM
UPDATE

I just got my results back from my TBD. Not Guilty! I'll be receiving my $150 in 4-6 weeks. O0

Thanks to everyone who helped out.
can you update the TBD sticky thread that Blaze created with the sample of your declaration ?
it would be nice to have more examples for those that in the future need help and can use that thread as info.

AlexEvo
09-18-2006, 03:12 PM
i dont use the toll roads but thought i'd chime in on this, a buddy of mine attached a small piece of fishing line to his transponder and just hangs it from the rear view mirror when hes on the toll road and then back in the glovebox it goes. it works, not my preference since i'd find it distracting but nonetheless it keeps it from flying off the dash if you hit a bump.

another thing...arent the toll roads privately owned? so what makes them have the right to give you a point on your record?

Evolution.VIII
09-19-2006, 02:51 PM
I could post it here, what do you think? If not, I'll be happy to contribute it in the other thread.