PDA

View Full Version : s2000 woes..

dEVOwhipit
04-14-2006, 12:42 AM
lately, s2000s have been trying to race me.
i dont know about u guys, but it seems like
s2000s have beef against evos :idiot2:

do u guys have the same problems? or is
it mainly wrx/stis?

Chris in SD
04-14-2006, 03:28 AM
I don't mean this to sound sarcastic, but drivers, not cars try to race you.* I've heard of S2000 drivers trying to take on Evos, but I owned 2 S2000s, knew a lot of S2K guys, etc. and I don't know any that wanted to race Evos.* I usually had more guys in SRT-4s try to race my Evo than anything else.* That and M3s...* *:roll:

Richard EVO
04-14-2006, 03:42 AM
On the racetrack (road course, not drag strip), S2000 are very capable cars. Fast as all shit. I respect them. The only things you can do is beat them, or give up. Its up to you. :knuppel2:

k2da_izo
04-14-2006, 07:07 AM
On the racetrack (road course, not drag strip), S2000 are very capable cars. Fast as all shit. I respect them. The only things you can do is beat them, or give up. Its up to you. :knuppel2:

I have to agree with this. I had a S2000 punkin' me two days ago on the 55 so I decided to go for it. I was VERY impressed with it's speed and power. I was leading at first, but he got me in the top end. I was already in 5th gear and at 6500 rpm. Not having an MR shorted me one gear. He just flew by. So yeah, I don't underestimate those cars. Oh, and uh....certain Volvos too. Same thing happened yesterday with some sport-tuned Volvo. Ugh!

Macky
04-14-2006, 07:59 AM
the Volvo S60R is a fast car for what it is. and as far as dumbass drivers in whatever car trying to race you, just try to ignore them.

who looks more stupid? the fool trying to race you on surface streets or the fool who gives in and races them?

GOOSE_Ej
04-14-2006, 08:10 AM
nope guys w/ s2000 give me thumps up or just look at my car never wanna race.. maybe it just u

nurb2
04-14-2006, 08:14 AM
I have to agree with this. I had a S2000 punkin' me two days ago on the 55 so I decided to go for it. I was VERY impressed with it's speed and power. I was leading at first, but he got me in the top end. I was already in 5th gear and at 6500 rpm. Not having an MR shorted me one gear. He just flew by. So yeah, I don't underestimate those cars. Oh, and uh....certain Volvos too. Same thing happened yesterday with some sport-tuned Volvo. Ugh!

So you were doing 151 miles per hour on the 55 freeway? Idiot.

-nurb2-

ebevo
04-14-2006, 08:21 AM
i've had similar experiences with s2ks...usually they see my car and stay behind...but when they see an opening where they know i'm boxed in from traffic...do the VTEC fly by :outofcloset:

i was thinking why didn't you let off once you had the lead...would've burn the s2k's ego even more :skid:

our cars aren't top end monsters...151mph is insane...so how was your meeting with the governor ;)

oh ya don't forget...socalevo does not condone street racing :angel:

Xenope
04-14-2006, 08:43 AM
I know an S2000 guy... he said this exact quote (after I traded in the RSX-S for the evo): "Your car is still slower." Every single S2000 owner I've seen out there with the nicely modified ones (bodykit, wheels, exhaust, decals...) tend to give me some dirty ass looks and all I did was toss them a thumbs up :idiot2:

[p]dOG.
04-14-2006, 08:50 AM
hey goose I dont think anyone in thier right mind would want to race you bro. Especially with that APR splitter. lol

kEvo VIII
04-14-2006, 08:52 AM
S2000's can be pretty crazy on the track... but i think they're overrated, and extremely over priced... 4 of my friends have them... i guess im just tired of seeing that shit all the time.... and i've never lost to any of them on a 1/4 mile... not even close O0

k2da_izo
04-14-2006, 08:56 AM

So you were doing 151 miles per hour on the 55 freeway? Idiot.

-nurb2-

Yeah, pretty much.* Wasn't cool at all.* I wouldn't have done it if it wasn't 2 in the morning. It was freaky, though.

k2da_izo
04-14-2006, 09:00 AM
dOG. ]
hey goose I dont think anyone in thier right mind would want to race you bro. Especially with that APR splitter. lol

I saw Goose race a 4-door civic once...did you ever catch up, dawg? LOL!

R3dline
04-14-2006, 09:02 AM
I've gone against one in the 1/4 here at the speedway, dont know why they talk so much $hit?

silvery_eagle
04-14-2006, 11:35 AM
nobody wants to race me T_T
i drive too slow

j_nizzle
04-14-2006, 11:40 AM
nope guys w/ s2000 give me thumps up or just look at my car never wanna race.. maybe it just u

because they think your car is just a lancer...

holdingLADERAdown
04-14-2006, 11:43 AM
hahahaha oz rally

Evoegg
04-14-2006, 11:48 AM
I usually had more guys in SRT-4s try to race my Evo than anything else.?That and M3s...??roll:

SRT-4 +1, M3+1
and so many OOOO lately....but man TT with out mods are slow =)

Evoegg

darkevo
04-14-2006, 11:49 AM

because they think your car is just a lancer...

not worth the gas racing 2k's they have always been a easy win...I like picking on the more expensive cars - AMG's, M3's, corvettes.....it's always nice seeing their anger with their over-priced purchases! :roll:

Chris in SD
04-14-2006, 12:12 PM
For the guy that thought the S2K is way overpriced: :idiot2:

You do realize that it is one of the better deals out there. It is extremely well-made, supremely reliable, very quick, etc. When I bought my first S2K in 2001, I cross-shopped it with a Boxster S. In order to get a Boxster S that matched my S2000, I'd have to spend $66K instead of the $32K I spent. That's a bargain in my book.

k2da_izo
04-14-2006, 01:01 PM

You do realize that it is one of the better deals out there. It is extremely well-made, supremely reliable, very quick, etc. When I bought my first S2K in 2001, I cross-shopped it with a Boxster S. In order to get a Boxster S that matched my S2000, I'd have to spend $66K instead of the $32K I spent. That's a bargain in my book.

+1 I almost considered the S2000 because of the BANG for the BUCK. But then I drove my boy's Evo and the rest is history....

wj4
04-14-2006, 01:02 PM

s2000 is a bargain for what it is. 240hp doesnt seem like much but in a small light car like that, its pretty quick.
ive only talked to one s2k owner and that was in the first week of owning the evo. saw a guy with an s2k at a gas station and talked with him a bit. he had the comptech supercharger too, hehe.
i dont really get picked on by srt4s, m3s, or etc. i get revved up by ricers, lol. this black saturn with rims looking like a 4x 4 and an aem decal revved at me and took off upon green light. funny thing was that his car was screaming like hell while i was shifting at 3.5-4k rpm and he was only about a car and a half ahead of me.

wj4
04-14-2006, 01:03 PM
+1 I almost considered the S2000 because of the BANG for the BUCK. But then I drove my boy's Evo and the rest is history....
same here, i wanted a yellow s2000 soo bad lol. i actually looked at 7 cars and found out the evo was goign to be the cheapest to insured so that lured in my decision a bit. and that was about the time where my friend bought his evo and got me hooked lol

kEvo VIII
04-14-2006, 02:54 PM

Well made, and supremely reliable, is where i would agree with you. quick? is where i would have to disagree with you. I only say it is overpriced, because the cheapest i have heard anyone paying, was 37,000. For 237 hp, and 160 tq? I think that is overpriced. I was probably wrong by sayin WAY overpriced. But for almost 40 grand, id get an MR O0

But if you look at it through your comparison, than it is a bargain

wj4
04-14-2006, 10:22 PM
because the cheapest i have heard anyone paying, was 37,000
this was the price that ppl paid for when they first came out with the mark ups....now u can easily get it for $30-32,000 out hte door. i was offered $30,000 out the door last summer with no hassle at all. the 2.0 (early models) and 2.2(later models) pumping out 240hp on an n/a engine is very impressive imo. not to mention the car is less than 2800 lb

Xenope
04-14-2006, 10:50 PM
Can't forget how 'practical' a two-seater really is can we? I must say though, the interior is quite nice :D

darkevo
04-15-2006, 02:21 AM

You don't mean my comment do you?* I said M3's, AMG's are over priced. :-P

Chris in SD
04-15-2006, 07:32 AM

You don't mean my comment do you?* I said M3's, AMG's are over priced.* :-P

I think I was referring to kEvoVIII's comments. No worries.

It is quick - remember it is very light, revs very quickly, has a great suspension and very short gearbox throws. I've said this before and I'll say it again - on a freeway from 70mph or so, I am sure an S2000 driven well will smack a stock Evo. :-o

darkevo
04-15-2006, 04:21 PM

You don't mean my comment do you?* I said M3's, AMG's are over priced.* :-P

I think I was referring to kEvoVIII's comments. No worries.

It is quick - remember it is very light, revs very quickly, has a great suspension and very short gearbox throws. I've said this before and I'll say it again - on a freeway from 70mph or so, I am sure an S2000 driven well will smack a stock Evo. :-o

Not uphill!** :2funny:** Yeah it's a nice car..if you're looking for a 2 seater,* I know a couple of EVO guys that sold theirs and had to downgrade to the cheaper S2k.* It's the only honda to get right now...if it's gotta be Honda, thank god they made the si look better now.* *:grin:

Chris in SD
04-15-2006, 04:39 PM
Definitely not uphill!

On that note, I actually hung with a sportbike on PCH going uphill in my Evo long ago... Needless to say he pulled away with no trouble once it leveled out. He gave me a big thumbs up and couldn't believe how fast the Evo was. O0

chrisalishuss
04-15-2006, 05:51 PM
how do you guys match up to M3's?? I have always wanted run them, but they are always young girls, or old guys driving them

j_nizzle
04-15-2006, 10:57 PM
how do you guys match up to M3's?? I have always wanted run them, but they are always young girls, or old guys driving them

driver's race....

Chris in SD
04-16-2006, 04:21 AM
With even just a turboback, an M3 is toast... With a turboback, boost controller, flash/AFC - :knuppel2:

chrisalishuss
04-16-2006, 12:26 PM
I wish we had a kills section in this forum like everyother board

silvery_eagle
04-16-2006, 06:42 PM
I wish we had a kills section in this forum like everyother board

we do not streeet race! :D

darkevo
04-17-2006, 12:35 AM

I see more M3's in my area than regular beamers!! lol* Get the #'s of the chicks in M3's that's HOT!* * * ;)

and yes we don't street race ...and make sure your victim is atleast somewhat capable and not swerving all over...else break it off and stay away ...don't want the idiot to crash into me or someone else... :roll:

chrisalishuss
04-17-2006, 03:50 AM
everytime I notice there is an idiot behind the wheel of another car, I am either far behind, or way ahead out of the way.

thugline
04-17-2006, 05:00 AM
Some "fine ass white-chick" was trying to raceme in her yellow S2GAY. :idiot2:

k2da_izo
04-17-2006, 06:43 AM
Some "fine ass white-chick" was trying to raceme in her yellow S2GAY. :idiot2:

I'll take the "fine-ass white chick" and leave the car.