PDA

View Full Version : How many will leave the Evo community for a U.S. R35 GTR?

Tarmac02
04-13-2006, 09:48 AM
So how many of you are going to leave the Evo community for one of these???

Highrever
04-13-2006, 03:44 PM
Not me, I'd love to be the one in the 4 door rice car that blows the doors off the Nissan "Supercar" I love an underdog

Chris in SD
04-13-2006, 05:45 PM

Assuming you count me as still "in" the Evo community, there are a few things I would consider first:

1) No one has the final iteration of what it looks like yet (sort of a big deal)

2) No one knows (outside of Nissan - my overall caveat) what the performance specs/potential are

3) It will be a brand-new platform, brand-new engine, brand-new electronics, etc. I'd give it at least 1 full model year before I'd trust it.

That said, there is still the not-so-insignificant issue called the Evo X coming... Decisions, decisions. O0

darkevo
04-13-2006, 05:59 PM

only as a second car!! EVO -4dr practical , 2 dr - only if you have a 4dr already! or I guess if you don't have alot of friends! lol :D

moogle
04-14-2006, 02:51 AM

already left it, but hey the evo is still in the household.
Savings started about a month ago.

EVO Neil
04-14-2006, 05:00 AM
Not me! I love my MR! :smitten:

nurb2
04-14-2006, 08:03 AM
It's too soon to say, but price is an important consideration.

Either way, I would not touch the first model year of that car.

-nurb2-

Macky
04-14-2006, 08:07 AM
not me. im in the market for a beater.

R35 GTR perhaps? hehehe

Skiracer
04-14-2006, 08:17 AM
NOt me, i'm too poor to afford the GTR

Stuff
04-14-2006, 12:32 PM
I might buy one depending on how the final product looks (if it keeps that lame looking front end, I'm out)... but I'm keeping this Evo until I total it. :smitten:

Blaze
04-14-2006, 12:43 PM
I love my evo.
I'm not sold on the X.

But when I compare my (then to be) 3-4 year old car to a new GTR... I think I might jump ship.
But we'll see.
(BlazeGTR) has a nice ring to it.

apexstrafer
04-14-2006, 03:28 PM
not me, nor anyone else who engages in the sort of driving the evo is built for. the new gtr looks like it'll be a good car for autobahn-style, wide open freeway hyperblasting (when not cruising around town trying to give jdm-nameplate-obsessed fanboys a boner), but it'll be woefully out of its element on the sinuous, point-and-shoot, take-no-prisoners, san remo style roads I frequent. plus...in my opinion, it's hideous looking. for the price they're going to charge for that thing, you shouldn't have to rationalize how it looks. I would just get a carerra and call it a day.

for me, if anything, I'll be trading in my evo for a lotus elise.

Chris in SD
04-15-2006, 07:29 AM
I would just get a carerra and call it a day.

Jeff - you're right. I think it's best to just take Neil's advice and get a Carrera S - big motorsport cred, vaultlike build quality, top resale value, eternally good looks, and outstanding performance. As for the GT-R comments, I agree with you there, too. It does look perfect as an Autobahn crusher, but otherwise I think it might be like a Japanese Corvette...

BOO5150
04-26-2006, 09:06 AM

already left it, but hey the evo is still in the household.
Savings started about a month ago.

I thought I was the only one. It's cash crunch time!

tlcrox
04-26-2006, 09:53 AM
Don't you think it will be up to 2x the price of the current Evo?