PDA

View Full Version : May 3 -- Another Big Willow Track Wednesday

Richard EVO
04-17-2006, 12:11 PM
Open Track Racing has Big Willow on Wed. May 3 for $145 (or $150 if you pay by PayPal). As usual price includes all-you-can-eat-lunch and an OTR t-shirt. If you sign up by this Friday April 21 at 11:00 a.m., you get a Polo shirt instead of a t-shirt (oooooooo :D). Go to www.opentrackracing.com to sign up.

These are great events, and I try not to miss them. I already put in for the day off. O0

Here's the e-mail I got from event organizer (and crazy instructor, who really helped me get faster) Kailo --

"If you want one of the new OTR embroidered Polo shirts I will need your registration and payment by this Friday at 11am. As of today we only have 5 people signed up in the Blue group and 3 in the Red group, so please go to www.opentrackracing.com and sign up today.
Thanks, Kailo

O P E N T R A C K R A C I N G
Just a quick reminder Racer Buddies...
Our next event is scheduled for May 3, 2006 on the big track at Willow Springs. This event will be run in the same fashion as all previous events. We will have three run groups, beginner, intermediate and advanced. Each run group will get (5) 30 minute run sessions totaling 2 1/2 hours of track time. For all newbies or people who want to attend, we will have classroom instruction followed by on-track instruction. As always, all paid participants will get an all you can eat BBQ lunch and an OPEN TRACK RACING shirt. The price for this event is $145.00. Please remember that all OTR events are open to all that want to attend, so please tell a friend!
Thanks, and See You at the Track!"

Evo8supercar
04-17-2006, 11:41 PM
Count me in.

With a very top secret setup, I don't even know.

Richard EVO
04-18-2006, 09:05 AM
What do you do, Jake? Do you hand your mechanic a pile of greenbacks and say "surprise me?" :2funny:

WavMixer
04-18-2006, 09:17 AM
Damn this looks tempting. I just might go to this event too. I like the big track much better than the streets.

*EDIT*

FK YO WRK! I'm going!!!

Richard EVO
04-18-2006, 09:25 AM
Damn this looks tempting. I just might go to this event too. I like the big track much better than the streets.

Goku, Senshi and MissEvo8 -- are you listening???

WavMixer
04-18-2006, 10:55 AM

I think they are afraid of a real track and need to play in the kiddie area still. You know, these are the kind of people that go skiing and stay on the bunny trail. :smiley6600:

GokuSSJ4
04-19-2006, 10:43 AM

I think they are afraid of a real track and need to play in the kiddie area still. You know, these are the kind of people that go skiing and stay on the bunny trail. :smiley6600:

i'm not prepared to do the Big track , not just yet! I rather do BW then Big Willow...

WavMixer
04-19-2006, 11:11 AM

What do you mean you are not prepared? You have more mods done to your MR than my GSR has. You have more track experience than I have. Let's do it!
i'm not prepared to do the Big track , not just yet! I rather do BW then Big Willow...

GokuSSJ4
04-19-2006, 12:19 PM
Like i said, i rather do BW if you want something with more speed.
If you are up for it theres a couple events at SoW as well.. Besides after seeing Kent Jordan wrecked at the big track, i rather stay away from it at the time being.
also i have a GSR 05 just like yours and not an MR ...

Senshi
04-19-2006, 03:59 PM
i would love to do this event but i have school on wednesdays so its hard for me to make it to all these wednesday events. also as of right now my car isnt in running condition for any track events. i really do wana do big willow again, last month i got a chance to ride in a murci roadster and it was just amazing so i really wana get back out there badly.

Miss Evo8
04-19-2006, 09:12 PM
I was at the track today..... I corded a tire :buck2: oh well time to mount the other ones....and I will run Big Willow...don't know when though.....

Evo8supercar
04-19-2006, 09:57 PM
Was at streets also with both cars, was a lot of fun. Civic only 4 seconds slower than my 9 MR

May 3rd I am there.

WavMixer
04-19-2006, 09:57 PM
I just paid for this event. See y'all on the tarmac.

shannon-evo
04-23-2006, 09:09 PM
Richard,

I will see you there also.

shannon

WavMixer
04-26-2006, 04:37 PM
Looks like it will be a fine day to track. 10 day weather forcast:
Wed May 3
Mostly Sunny
82°/51°
20% chance of rain

Richard EVO
04-26-2006, 05:43 PM
20% chance of rain

YIKES. Glad I didn't pay for it yet. Gonna watch that closely. Plus I got a tuning issue, hopefully it's fixed by next Wed. You don't wanna be driving the big track in the rain.

WavMixer
04-26-2006, 07:13 PM
I wanted the free sweatshirt, so I already paid. It won't rain..... I hope :?

4G63 FEVER
04-26-2006, 07:44 PM
20% might as well be nothing! The begining of the week looks great normally it doesn't change that much in a couple of days.

Heck it was supposed to rain today and nary a drop, wouldn't sweat it. O0

Richard EVO
04-26-2006, 09:34 PM
The problem with rain on the track is that it takes very little to making the track slick. Just a little drizzle for a few minutes and you are in trouble. And the speeds on the big track . . .

4G63 FEVER
04-27-2006, 07:41 AM
^ Agree with you there for sure! Rain would make it hairy in a big way.

WavMixer
04-27-2006, 07:57 AM
Good thing it's not going to rain!!!

4G63 FEVER
04-28-2006, 07:52 AM
Yep looks like it's going to be the perfect day for it! Nothing bad in the forecast as of now! O0 O0

Evo8supercar
04-28-2006, 10:19 PM
Bump can get my new setup in time, but I'm still coming with a full stock oem MR IX
:tickedoff: WATCH OUT!!! :2funny:

Richard EVO
05-01-2006, 09:54 PM
Alas, mechanical issues and my work schedule prevent me from attending this event. Please go out and have a blast at the big track on Wed. I envy those of you that can make it out there. :tickedoff:

WavMixer
05-02-2006, 10:21 AM
Bump can get my new setup in time,* but I'm still coming with a full stock oem MR IX
:tickedoff: WATCH OUT!!!* :2funny:

AHHH! Now I stand a chance of keeping up with you. :D

BTW, Looks like it will be a small turn out. Good for the drivers, bad for the promoter. We will probably run only two groups which equals more track time for all!!! O0

Willow Springs weather for tomorrow:

High 82
Mostly sunny
Winds SW 20-30 MPH

Not the best turbo weather but sure beats the hell out of raining!!! :2funny:

nj1266
05-02-2006, 11:03 AM
Alas, mechanical issues and my work schedule prevent me from attending this event. Please go out and have a blast at the big track on Wed. I envy those of you that can make it out there. :tickedoff:

what mechanical issues are you having

Richard EVO
05-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Bump can get my new setup in time, but I'm still coming with a full stock oem MR IX
:tickedoff: WATCH OUT!!! :2funny:

AHHH! Now I stand a chance of keeping up with you. :D

BTW, Looks like it will be a small turn out. Good for the drivers, bad for the promoter. We will probably run only two groups which equals more track time for all!!! O0

Willow Springs weather for tomorrow:

High 82
Mostly sunny
Winds SW 20-30 MPH

Not the best turbo weather but sure beats the hell out of raining!!! :2funny:

Dang I wish I could go, but I promised myself I wouldn't track the new MR daily driver. That's find turbo weather. Try it in August when it's 110 degrees in the shade (err, what shade?).

WavMixer
05-02-2006, 10:00 PM
I'm all packed and ready to go. Too bad you won't be there Richard. It promises to be another day with lots of track time. I'll be bringing badges for anyone that wants to pick one up.

Richard EVO
05-02-2006, 10:00 PM
If you are reading this on Tuesday night May 2 -- there is lots of space available at this event. *Go to the ATM and get some cash -- the entry fee is $145. *Then go to bed early. *You need to show up at the front gate at Willow Springs at 7:00 a.m. on Wed. May 3 (unless your name is Jake, in which case you show up at noon *:grin:).

You will have a blast of a day at the big track, and will go home hoping to get out there again soon. *Say HI to Kailo for me. *O0 :mitsu:

WavMixer
05-02-2006, 10:02 PM
Richard, go get the latest version of the cop car. I updated the lightbar just for you!

Richard EVO
05-02-2006, 10:04 PM
Wav -

Thanks. Linky to the new version, please. :mitsu:

Evo8supercar
05-02-2006, 10:59 PM
DROPPING OUT TOO

SOLD MY MR AND NEED TO PUT 1000 MILES ON MY RS BEFORE TRACK DATE.

ALSO SHANNON IS OUT

Richard EVO
05-02-2006, 11:27 PM
DROPPING OUT TOO

SOLD MY MR AND NEED TO PUT 1000 MILES ON MY RS BEFORE TRACK DATE.

ALSO SHANNON IS OUT

Jake -

You are a maniac. You just bought that MR. Oh well, I just get a black eye with Kailo for all the EVOs I promised to show up.

Wav - go out and represent. You might be the only EVO.

WavMixer
05-03-2006, 05:08 AM
I just heard a weather forcast for LA that calls for light drizzle. Up here in the AV the weather will still be dry. My buddy Joe from Eastside Muffler will also be at big Willow today with his Evo. You may remember him from the Redline Time Attack a couple of months ago. He had a white RS with the big red EM on the door.

Here you go Richard...
http://wavmixer.com/evo/CHP_Evo.gif

Richard EVO
05-03-2006, 08:48 AM
Thanks. The new placement of the light bar is much better. :police:

WavMixer
05-03-2006, 06:26 PM
Richard, you suck!!! There were a ton of yellow and blue groups. I started in the blue group and passed a Ferrari (with Robi instructing the driver), a killer Porsche fully prepped for track, and a Z06 to name a few. Because yellow and blue groups were so full, they asked us to move up a group if we felt comfortable doing so. Well after my first run in the blue group I passed everyone up so I moved up to the red group for the rest of the day. Mostly I ended up pointing the fast guys by, but I had my share of point bys too... and on tape* O0

Since I pre-registered, I got a nice embroidered polo too* 8)

Alas I popped my fuel pump fuse twice and ended up calling it a day around 2 or 3. I think I need a new fuel pump. Robi thought that there was too much resistance and thats why the fuse keeps blowing. I have a call into RRE to ship me a new one* :laugh:

Oh yeah, did I tell you that you suck?

SpdyEvo02
05-03-2006, 06:32 PM
Richard, you suck!!! There were a ton of yellow and blue groups. I started in the blue group and passed a Ferrari (with Robi instructing the driver), a killer Porsche fully prepped for track, and a Z06 to name a few. Because yellow and blue groups were so full, they asked us to move up a group if we felt comfortable doing so. Well after my first run in the blue group I passed everyone up so I moved up to the red group for the rest of the day. Mostly I ended up pointing the fast guys by, but I had my share of point bys too... and on tape O0

Since I pre-registered, I got a nice embroidered polo too 8)

Alas I popped my fuel pump fuse twice and ended up calling it a day around 2 or 3. I think I need a new fuel pump. Robi thought that there was too much resistance and thats why the fuse keeps blowing. I have a call into RRE to ship me a new one :laugh:

dam wav again with your fuel pump...i think you need to get a new one...

Richard EVO
05-03-2006, 06:45 PM

Why do I suck???* You had a great day at the track, and moved up a speed group.* I spent the day at the office hoping RRC will be able to get my car ready for SOW this Friday.* You had to go home a little early due to mechanical problems.* Shit happens.* Get used to it.

"Red run group drivers, Red run group drivers, this is your 5 minute call to grid, Red run group drivers, your session begins in 5 minutes." :smitten:

WavMixer
05-03-2006, 06:54 PM

Why do I suck???* You had a great day at the track, and moved up a speed group.* I spent the day at the office hoping RRC will be able to get my car ready for SOW this Friday.* You had to go home a little early due to mechanical problems.* Shit happens.* Get used to it.
You suck because you didn't come out to play with us!!!! Robi had his new San Rafeal sponsoerd Evo, the Eastside Euffler Evo from the Redline time attacks was there and we represented SoCalEvo quit well. You shoulda been there.

Richard EVO
05-03-2006, 06:57 PM
I couldn't. I have mechanical issues that I hope will be fixed by tomorrow. That sucks, but I don't. >:(

WavMixer
05-03-2006, 07:04 PM
I couldn't.* I have mechanical issues that I hope will be fixed by tomorrow.* That sucks, but I don't.* >:(
OK then, it sucks that you were not there. What's wrong with your car?

4G63 FEVER
05-03-2006, 08:40 PM

Why do I suck??? You had a great day at the track, and moved up a speed group. I spent the day at the office hoping RRC will be able to get my car ready for SOW this Friday. You had to go home a little early due to mechanical problems. Shit happens. Get used to it.
You suck because you didn't come out to play with us!!!! Robi had his new San Rafeal sponsoerd Evo, the Eastside Euffler Evo from the Redline time attacks was there and we represented SoCalEvo quit well. You shoulda been there.

Stock interior with suspension upgrades and a handful of BPU's. That dude can ROMP in a car! :twisted: :twisted: If only I had the bank to get a set up like that. O0 My neck is still a bit stiff from the ride. Damned good times though! Glad to see you got back without issues Wav.

All you posers at streets need to feel the speed and get out to one of these! O0

nj1266
05-04-2006, 08:13 AM
I couldn't. I have mechanical issues that I hope will be fixed by tomorrow. That sucks, but I don't. >:(
OK then, it sucks that you were not there. What's wrong with your car?

He is not telling us. I asked in a previous thread. I too would like to know what is wrong with his car.

Richard EVO
05-04-2006, 08:23 AM
I wasn't telling you because I didn't know what the problem was. Now I know. The white bunny turbo gave up the ghost. I'm gonna go bigger with the turbo this time. Hope to be running in time for the SRT event at SOW May 12. :mitsu:

nj1266
05-04-2006, 08:53 AM
I wasn't telling you because I didn't know what the problem was. Now I know. The white bunny turbo gave up the ghost. I'm gonna go bigger with the turbo this time. Hope to be running in time for the SRT event at SOW May 12. :mitsu:

Do you know why? Also, what are you replacing it with? Don't go too big since you will lose spool up at the low end. On a tight road course like Streets, it might make you slower. Another thing to watch out for is the sudden on set of boost with a large turbo coming out of a corner. It might unsettle your car even though we do have an AWD car.