PDA

View Full Version : Canyon riding on Glendora Ridge Road/Glendora Mountain Road

Pages : [1] 2

k2da_izo
04-20-2006, 12:20 PM
Have any of you ever taken your Evo on the Glendora Ridge/Glendora Mountain Road?* I'm planning on going down there this Saturday with my cousin because he wants to take his new Kawasaki Ninja for a spin alongside my Evo.* No racing, just canyon runnin'.* I'm studying an arial map and it looks bitchin'! What were your experiences like?* Anything I should look out for?* I'm tired of the Ortega and want to experience something different for a change* O0

superman105
04-20-2006, 01:31 PM
just dont go at mid night
there are people trying to be initail D there

Have any of you ever taken your Evo on the Glendora Ridge/Glendora Mountain Road? I'm planning on going down there this Saturday with my cousin because he wants to take his new Kawasaki Ninja for a spin alongside my Evo. No racing, just canyon runnin'. I'm studying an arial map and it looks bitchin'! What were your experiences like? Anything I should look out for? I'm tired of the Ortega and want to experience something different for a change O0

inline4g63
04-20-2006, 01:51 PM
Ortega cant compare with GMR. Ortega is always crowded (it is a highway) and a bunch of popos. GMR is much better, especially weekday mornings. They have one SUV cop that patrols the morning. If you go on the weekedns,. make sure you start the run at 6am, before the tourists and cyclers.

AvengeDEvO
04-20-2006, 01:56 PM
How do you get to GMR?

DsmDriver
04-20-2006, 02:06 PM
I went a couple of Sat ago...There was alot of dust on the road, Kinda slipery...Wasnt that busy. Ortega isnt bad at real early mornings like Sunday at 6 am, But Gmr some parts are real technical its just a differnt pace thats all. Have fun and be safe. Expecially your friend on the Ninja.

inline4g63
04-20-2006, 02:15 PM
GMR has a bunch of switchbacks and you can fall off (drift off) if you arent carefull. Ortega is mostly wider turns that you take at higher speeds.
GMR 2-3rd gears usually
Ortega 3-4th gears

x[corwyn]
04-20-2006, 02:17 PM
get a thomas guide or use google maps. You can't use the normal entrance, but have to finagle with highway 39 to get to it. Fun drive all the way through. I rode through there on bikes for years... If your buddy is a newbie rider, he has no business being on that road. Its very technical and every new rider we had taken there almost ALWAYS overcooked a corner. go through there a few times together in the Evo before taking a bike. The Evo takes that road and eats it alive, but again, its very technical with tight corners that are blind and will become decreasing radius corners. Also watch out for debris. I'll hafta post pictures of a bike I had to haul out of there in my old truck... That was the GOOD crash that didn't do much damage. We had lots of bad crashes.

My roomie and I do midnight runs there often and yes on saturday nights there are other imports which we check out.... Its pretty fun. Like a car night in the mountains.

inline4g63
04-20-2006, 02:23 PM
i exit baseline drive on the 210 or 215 (I dont remember - havent been in a while) YOu may want to ask rsmatt as he live near there.

EVOL EDO
04-20-2006, 02:45 PM
i used to go up all the time before i got my evo when i tried to go up in my evo it was closed still. they closed it for over a year because of fires and mudslides. it is a twisty course with a lot of tight corners unlike azusa canyon which is a lot faster. there are a few cars that have flown off glendora mt a jetta comes to mind. also one of the last times i was up there a integ flipped over on the back trail pushing too hard his first time there. then his friend in the subie blew his tranny on the way down. fun times and a fun place to drive

AvengeDEvO
04-20-2006, 02:48 PM
I looked it up I cant belive I didnt know about this place. I go up Azusa every once in a while, one of my fav is turnbol (i think thats how you spell it). I havnt gone on a spirited drive because I need new brakes. I should be ready to go next week.

x[corwyn]
04-20-2006, 02:58 PM
i used to go up all the time before i got my evo when i tried to go up in my evo it was closed still. they closed it for over a year because of fires and mudslides. it is a twisty course with a lot of tight corners unlike azusa canyon which is a lot faster. there are a few cars that have flown off glendora mt a jetta comes to mind. also one of the last times i was up there a integ flipped over on the back trail pushing too hard his first time there. then his friend in the subie blew his tranny on the way down. fun times and a fun place to drive

There is a back way using highway 39...

lagcisco
04-20-2006, 02:58 PM
I've been on that road twice, went during the afternoon this sunday, not going fast though, just a cruise to finally check out the road during the day

before that I went between 12am to 4am, lots of people out during that time doing runs

becareful on RMR though, I hit some black ice (from the little creeks by the road) on a blind corner and slid, scary but fun ;)

EVOL EDO
04-20-2006, 03:09 PM
[
]

There is a back way using highway 39...

yeah i know there are a couple of back ways just didnt feel like making the detour so i just went to azusa,* is the front way open now or only backway?

k2da_izo
04-20-2006, 03:55 PM
I'm meeting up with my cousin at around 5:00am at the Shilo Inn where the 57 and the 10 meet.* From there on, he'll lead the way to the base of the mountain.* The fact that I won't be going much past 3rd gear is already getting me excited* :grin:* By the way, my cousin is a veteran of that road on his old '92 Ninja and when he bought his new Ninja, he was compelled to invite me for a run* O0

I'm loving all the feed back!* What I'll try to do is mount a camera and film for fun.* Any of you do that?

Anyway, here it is: http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=Glendora,+CA

Looks like highway 39 starts newr the Azusa Greens Country Club

04-20-2006, 07:39 PM
Last time I did this run was in October and GMR was closed from the main entrance (I think someone mentioned this already). Just be ready for a ~80 mile round trip of twisties since you have to take the back way from Azusa Canyon and backtrack all the way to the beginning once you reach the gate.

And in case you didn't know, there is no cell phone reception in the mountains (as with pretty much all canyons).

Miss Evo8
04-20-2006, 07:40 PM
just dont go at mid night
there are people trying to be initail D there

Have any of you ever taken your Evo on the Glendora Ridge/Glendora Mountain Road?* I'm planning on going down there this Saturday with my cousin because he wants to take his new Kawasaki Ninja for a spin alongside my Evo.* No racing, just canyon runnin'.* I'm studying an arial map and it looks bitchin'! What were your experiences like?* Anything I should look out for?* I'm tired of the Ortega and want to experience something different for a change* O0

+ 1,000,000....serious idiots up there at night..... Everyone wants to be Takumi!

EVOL EDO
04-20-2006, 08:01 PM
Last time I did this run was in October and GMR was closed from the main entrance (I think someone mentioned this already). Just be ready for a ~80 mile round trip of twisties since you have to take the back way from Azusa Canyon and backtrack all the way to the beginning once you reach the gate.

And in case you didn't know, there is no cell phone reception in the mountains (as with pretty much all canyons).

it was me who said it was closed but it was last summer i went havnt been there in a while, azusa canyon (the backway) was also closed before the top at the time

nurb2
04-20-2006, 08:10 PM
It's a fun road, but be careful. Lots of places where you can go off quickly.

Here is a fun drive I did about three weeks ago ....

http://www.ducatigirl.com/california/anzaborrego.html

It's intense. O0

-nurb2-

k2da_izo
04-20-2006, 08:39 PM

It's intense. O0

-nurb2-

Wow...I've got to check this one out next.

EVOL EDO
04-20-2006, 08:54 PM

It's intense. O0

-nurb2-

+1 be careful because you can go off quick and easy, a lot of the turns turn harder and longer than they seem when you are approaching

04-20-2006, 10:17 PM

It's intense. O0

-nurb2-

Palomar Mountain Road is definitely a good one. It's also one of the best maintained. Check out the spring water fountain on the way up (about a hundred yards short of the intersection to the observatory).

gh0stch1ld
04-21-2006, 01:41 AM
hey guys, don't want any po po's to be reading this. careful what you post or say on here.

x[corwyn]
04-21-2006, 07:40 AM
I'm meeting up with my cousin at around 5:00am at the Shilo Inn where the 57 and the 10 meet. From there on, he'll lead the way to the base of the mountain. The fact that I won't be going much past 3rd gear is already getting me excited :grin: By the way, my cousin is a veteran of that road on his old '92 Ninja and when he bought his new Ninja, he was compelled to invite me for a run O0

I'm loving all the feed back! What I'll try to do is mount a camera and film for fun. Any of you do that?

Anyway, here it is: http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=Glendora,+CA

Looks like highway 39 starts newr the Azusa Greens Country Club

Yea I am looking for a tape where I had a passenger ride on the back of my old zx9r through the whole east and west side of GMR. Need to get around to digitizing it one of these days...

superman105
04-21-2006, 09:39 AM
Here is my friend's video in his 350z for a mild drive up

here a video for Glendora Mountain Road
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5443922266750263646&pl=true

here is a on Azusa all the way up before you hit Glendora Mountain Road
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6343659607962607960

k2da_izo
04-21-2006, 09:56 AM
AWESOME POST, MAN! Where did he mount the camera??

inline4g63
04-21-2006, 10:12 AM
Turnbull canyon and carbon canyon cant compare to GMR. Carbon carnyon is a joke...

EVOL EDO
04-21-2006, 11:19 AM
hey guys, don't want any po po's to be reading this. careful what you post or say on here.

crazy popo and cameras thats how my friend got jacked with a wreckless driving ticket and endangering pedestrians or something. he was taping his gmr run cop set up a road block down the backside to stop him. cop pulled his gun on him and took the video. 30 days community service 1500 dollar fine and license probation until 21

superman105
04-21-2006, 12:01 PM
He mounted on the passenger side headrest

AWESOME POST, MAN! Where did he mount the camera??

superman105
04-21-2006, 12:05 PM
I recommend morning driving near speed limit ... and enjoy the outdoors and fresh air

update for people whom like to drive up there at night
there have been many reports of large rocks in the middle of the road coming out of turns
so please becareful and appreciate your rims...

crazy popo and cameras thats how my friend got jacked with a wreckless driving ticket and endangering pedestrians or something. he was taping his gmr run cop set up a road block down the backside to stop him. cop pulled his gun on him and took the video. 30 days community service 1500 dollar fine and license probation until 21

shadowist
04-21-2006, 12:24 PM
gmr is pretty scary for someone whos never been there before. be very very careful. i recommend just taking a couple test runs through it at moderate speeds, just to learn the turns and everything. one mistake and youre pretty screwed. i think they just opened up gmr a couple of months ago. azusa canyons is closed about halfway up now.

ive known a couple of people who've went off gmr, just watch yourself.

k2da_izo
04-21-2006, 01:54 PM
gmr is pretty scary for someone whos never been there before. be very very careful. i recommend just taking a couple test runs through it at moderate speeds, just to learn the turns and everything. one mistake and youre pretty screwed. i think they just opened up gmr a couple of months ago. azusa canyons is closed about halfway up now.

ive known a couple of people who've went off gmr, just watch yourself.

Sure will! I'm going to make one full test run before we go back the other way and speed it up a bit. My cousin will lead the first wave because he's got a lot of experience on the GMR with his old Ninja.

Superman105, I'll try to do the same as your buddy, but I'll have to be a bit more creative since our Recaros are different.

EVOL EDO
04-21-2006, 02:49 PM
gmr was closed front way, and azusa canyon was closed halfway up when i went up like 5 months ago. from that video it looks like front way is still closed too

fusionchicken
04-24-2006, 01:24 AM
my bro took his s2k there and got a tiny scratch on his rear bumper cuz his rear slid a bit due to the sand on the ground. just watch out for sand.

DsmDriver
04-24-2006, 07:54 AM
my bro took his s2k there and got a tiny scratch on his rear bumper cuz his rear slid a bit due to the sand on the ground. just watch out for sand.

+1
Thats what im am saying!!!

k2da_izo
04-24-2006, 09:05 AM
The trip was FUN. We left early in the morning, did our run to the top and stopped to take some breathtaking shots of the mountain view and our rides. My cousin led on the way up and I led on the way down. I noticed a Subie going the opposite direction on our way down doing his run as well. Unfortunately, our fun had to stop when fog set in and it started drizzling. From that point on, we chilled till we hit Mountain Ave to go to my other cousin's house and attend her birthday party.

We filmed the whole thing from my perspective and it looked really tight. I mounted the camera on a tripod and secured it in the passenger area so that the camera is between the seats and slightly behind them. The footage turned out better than expected.

Thanks for all your suggestions (which I took very seriously). About the patch of dirt, we slowed down before we hit them and it's very evident on the video.

DsmDriver
04-24-2006, 09:10 AM
The trip was FUN. We left early in the morning, did our run to the top and stopped to take some breathtaking shots of the mountain view and our rides. My cousin led on the way up and I led on the way down. I noticed a Subie going the opposite direction on our way down doing his run as well. Unfortunately, our fun had to stop when fog set in and it started drizzling. From that point on, we chilled till we hit Mountain Ave to go to my other cousin's house and attend her birthday party.

We filmed the whole thing from my perspective and it looked really tight. I mounted the camera on a tripod and secured it in the passenger area so that the camera is between the seats and slightly behind them. The footage turned out better than expected.

Thanks for all your suggestions (which I took very seriously). About the patch of dirt, we slowed down before we hit them and it's very evident on the video.

Glad to hear your trip was a safe one!!!!! Post the Video somewhere so we all can enjoy your ride!

x[corwyn]
04-24-2006, 09:29 AM
Glad to hear it went well and nothing happened. Any trip to GMR that doesn't have anyone having their ride jacked up is a good one.

04-26-2006, 01:58 AM

So judging from what you wrote, I'm assuming GMR was open from the main entrance? Or did you have to take Azusa canyon?

k2da_izo
04-26-2006, 07:00 AM
We went through Azusa Canyon Rd.

04-27-2006, 07:22 PM
I have been on Ortega quite a few times, and I have only seen it without traffic a couple of times. I haven't been on Glendora Ridge yet.

nurb2
04-27-2006, 09:02 PM
Post the video!

I have been on Ortega quite a few times, and I have only seen it without traffic a couple of times. I haven't been on Glendora Ridge yet.

Ortega is free of traffic late at night and early in the morning on the weekends. 5 a.m. is usually good.

-nurb2-

EvolKnight
07-14-2006, 01:14 PM
GMR has a bunch of switchbacks and you can fall off (drift off) if you arent carefull.
GMR 2-3rd gears usually
Ortega 3-4th gears

no doubt... i just got my evo 2 days ago but when i had my motor swap hatchback i put it into GMR's wall about third or fourth turn before the bridge, going downhill... but still lots of fun... to get there...from orange county: take 57 north till 210 north exit azuza and turn left...turn right at the gas station and keep on driving till stuff gets twisty and you're there...

k2da_izo
07-14-2006, 02:50 PM
GMR has a bunch of switchbacks and you can fall off (drift off) if you arent carefull.
GMR 2-3rd gears usually
Ortega 3-4th gears

no doubt... i just got my evo 2 days ago but when i had my motor swap hatchback i put it into GMR's wall about third or fourth turn before the bridge, going downhill... but still lots of fun... to get there...from orange county: take 57 north till 210 north exit azuza and turn left...turn right at the gas station and keep on driving till stuff gets twisty and you're there...

I'll be back there tomorrow just to cruise, no serious crazy driving...maybe...

Evo8supercar
11-10-2006, 10:30 PM
I go twice a week lately no COPS expert today were few because car went down way down. I was taking a turn fast and show them but didn't stop me, their looking on how to get the car from down there.

C-Spec
11-19-2006, 01:06 AM
that was some borring ass video

onyxaltezza
01-09-2007, 08:37 PM
Just went up there today ... pretty crazy. went at 8am and not a singal cop in sight. Just clear, cool weather. Saw a white EVO8 leaving as we were going up, you were stuck behind a couple cars I think.

onyxaltezza
01-09-2007, 08:44 PM

Sup Christian! Just saw this. Yep that day you were supposed to come with us but it was too far..way before you got ur EVO... I have a picture of it too:

k2da_izo
01-09-2007, 11:01 PM
Nice pics. Makes me want to go up there again....

fusionchicken
01-10-2007, 04:28 AM
my brother took the s2000 there before, just watch out for sand and anything that's slippery...losing control in the middle of a decreasing radius turn is no fun...

oh and watch out and dont fall off the mountain...i've heard of too many close calls from my friends....

fusionchicken
01-10-2007, 04:30 AM
LOL shit didnt notice i already posted in here haha

sup Aaron! ur mr2 is looking bitchin man...i miss mine...:(

come to think of it i'm glad i didnt go up the mountain that day with you guys Aaron...that would have expedited my eventual head gasket explosion...and that would not have been fun in the mountains :buck2:

240sxmonster
01-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Nice advan rims on the MR2. Where u get them from ALTA or someplace else?? O0

onyxaltezza
01-14-2007, 04:34 PM
the one & only RB Motoring in CIty of Industry.
O0
-Aaron

The Emperor
01-14-2007, 05:10 PM
ahhh this road brings me back memories....

i stopped GMRing when my friend flipped his car and when they shut down the park

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/9636/dsc00338dt6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/7054/dsc00343sg6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

11/28/03

onyxaltezza
01-15-2007, 01:11 AM
oh snap how did the mustang do up there??

x[corwyn]
01-15-2007, 06:08 PM
oh snap how did the mustang do up there??

Dunno, but we had this one really modified Firebird up there with us, and I had 4 people in the Evo. I stayed within the lines, he used up the entire road. He was about 15 turns behind us by the time we got to the fork. The Evo had no suspension modifications and was on stock Advans. I doubt a mustang would do any better. That road isnt one for big American Iron.

Ricardon
01-16-2007, 10:52 AM
Bikes onry kekekeke

x[corwyn]
01-16-2007, 11:17 AM
Bikes onry kekekeke

You are just mad that its too curvy for a Ford Contour. I like it both in cars and bikes. Decreasing radius and technical, and doesnt require triple digits to make a very good corner. A lot of fun, and saturday nights checking out the import cars there is pretty cool too. Lots of interesting cars to be seen there. FDs, Wrx, 240s, AE86s, miatas, and even a few junkers that people run through there with interesting setups. All these guys are true enthusiasts. Lots of fun every time going up.

EVOL EDO
01-16-2007, 11:26 AM
makes me want to go up again. i havnt been up since they closed the front due to the fires a few years ago. i tried taking the evo up once but it was still closed, so i tried taking the back way through azusa canyon but that was closed a little more than halfway up too. is the front open yet?

x[corwyn]
01-16-2007, 12:24 PM
makes me want to go up again. i havnt been up since they closed the front due to the fires a few years ago. i tried taking the evo up once but it was still closed, so i tried taking the back way through azusa canyon but that was closed a little more than halfway up too. is the front open yet?

When was the back way closed? Also there is a 3rd way through Baldy I havent tried yet.

EVOL EDO
01-16-2007, 12:56 PM
it was closed like a 1 1/2 years ago i dont think it was closed for long just happened to be closed halfway up when i went and havnt went back.

Ricardon
01-16-2007, 08:25 PM
Nah I'm just bored of GMR is all. Offers nothing for me, not really a challenge anymore unless its wet outside. Used to be able to go all the way over the hill and back when I was 12 until they started randomly closing it about my junior year of high school. Yes, we used to drive GMR at night when I was 12...stupid I know. I'd hit it twice on a bike though...good bike road.

Sam Smash
01-17-2007, 03:24 AM
Last memory I have of this road is some guy with us hit a bear with his M3. So freaking random :)

I am down to take the hachi machi(AE86) up there to play

k2da_izo
01-17-2007, 08:51 AM
Last memory I have of this road is some guy with us hit a bear with his M3. So freaking random :)

Sam, didn't you post pics of that incident? When you go, I'll be there with you....PM me...

EvoStevo
01-17-2007, 09:01 AM
What about your homies from the LBC? :knuppel2:

ultraflip
01-17-2007, 09:40 AM
whenever i go there... i see no other evo guys up there... i always see 240's and a bunch of civics up there trying to be cool like in initial d...

GokuSSJ4
01-17-2007, 09:52 AM

do you have a 12k reving maching install in that thing ? or at least a GTS or from what i have heard you can even do a motor swap (s2k)

x[corwyn]
01-17-2007, 11:13 AM
whenever i go there... i see no other evo guys up there... i always see 240's and a bunch of civics up there trying to be cool like in initial d...

Some of those 240s are really fast in there.... Fastest I have seen was a FD in there all fixed up. Crazy stuff.

Might be a bit interesting to go there now with it being so cold.

k2da_izo
01-17-2007, 11:47 AM
What about your homies from the LBC? :knuppel2:

Don't want to advertise it here in the open...I'll PM my homies on this....

Spec R
01-22-2007, 09:06 AM
i crashed my teg up there back in 2002. it wasnt severe, just a bent up radiator support and bumper damage.

i was a noob and panicked. it changed my outlook on crazy driving.

also, have you guys heard the stories of people getting carjacked up there? not cool.

its not worth it in my opinion. keep it on the tracks.

240sxmonster
01-29-2007, 10:17 AM
Havent been up there since about 2001 with my 240 and the ALTA boys. Used to go up there after midnight was fun, but not worth the risks in my opinion. Stick to the track. O0

evo87
02-07-2007, 07:14 PM
have never been ther but looks like fun.

SRT Handz
04-01-2007, 02:35 PM
i REaLLY wanna go to GMR

cfrost
04-06-2007, 09:33 PM
http://smiliesftw.com/x/hsugh.gif

lvevo
06-25-2007, 12:15 AM
Please be careful when driving up there from Azusa canyon, because there are a lot of stupid people out lately and they all seem like inexperienced drivers. Also watch out for cops because it seems like there are a lot lately.

x[corwyn]
06-25-2007, 01:52 AM
Please be careful when driving up there from Azusa canyon, because there are a lot of stupid people out lately and they all seem like inexperienced drivers. Also watch out for cops because it seems like there are a lot lately.

Yes I was there a weekend back and some dipshit in an RSX handbrakes on Azusa on overdid putting his f'n car sideways over the double yellow and Im on a bike.

GMR is technical with those decreasing radius turns. Dont go there if you cant drive. Also dont go there and go 100%. Last time I was up there, there was 2 large sections of the wall taken out with skidmarks going to where the wall was. You have to be a f'n moron to drive too fast to take a section of wall out. I used to enjoy Santiago Canyon road until they built up that area and then the police started catering to the SUV Mom's who don't understand the concept of turnouts or moving to the right for faster traffic. Also Ortega is a complete wash now. Palomar people are so pissed up there they are putting oil on the road. Latigo is hit or miss.... Last trip there just about netted a dear through the front of my car though. Angeles Crest Highway has a couple of cops that patrol on the weekends that have a huge hard on for citing people for ANYTHING. So GMR has been my last refuge with the east side closed most people cant get through there....Till now. *sigh*

littlewing6283
06-25-2007, 02:02 AM
ahh GMR, I havnt driven up there on a whille. these were taken about a year ago

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/51/130675547_cc066d6c1e_b.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/56/130675550_07ddb83c99_b.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e344/Manacop/157843451_6e4494eaf9_o-web.jpg

blkside
06-25-2007, 02:53 AM
Yeah a couple of times back me and blue were there late night and some fuknutz planted his show looking S13 deep into the huge boulder on his way down. Too much F&F and not enough experience = higher insurance rates.

ilovethatemone
07-20-2007, 01:35 PM
I would not recommend going, although GMR is now open. i take my civic up there often and there are more and more cops as of recent especially on the weekends. And if you do go watch out for the dirt/rocks. There is probably 1 car that crashes every night i go up there... not that fun after that happens.

Rallye Star
07-31-2007, 01:19 AM
i love gmr and have been going up there since my driver's ed teacher took me up there to get some experience driving in the mountains and now i just like to go up there for fun and to practice driving... been going there ever since. but i have some rules for going up there.....

1. don't go at night (the only exception is me and my brother's annual christmas drive up there)
2. don't go on weekends
3. if you can't see around the corner, assume that there's someone/something around it
4. watch out for rockslides and animalers
5. drive with the windows open and no music so you will be aware of what's around you
6. remember in america, we drive on the left side : ) i have had many a near head-on collision with less considerate drivers
7. drive at 70% max... even at that level, you can still practice and learn new driving techniques : )
8. be aware of who's on the road with you in case you meet up with them again or something happens to them
9. respect the road the the forest : )
10. respect the residents and forest service peeps

it was strange, the last time i was up there there was a huge mess of cops and search and rescue people and helicopters... apparently a hiker had gone missing and was found with a broken leg.

happy motoring!

blkside
07-31-2007, 09:03 AM
6. remember in america, we drive on the left side : ) i have had many a near head-on collision with less considerate drivers

left side? hmmmmmm

in-n-out-310
07-31-2007, 10:37 AM
Yea my friend told me about this place. Supposedly the guy who designed it was a bike rider himself!.

GreaseFRT
07-31-2007, 10:40 AM

left side? hmmmmmm

I think the intention is Left Side Driver position.

Edit: hmm - reread - maybe not! lol!!

Rallye Star
08-01-2007, 06:46 PM
c'mon people, the driver sits on the left side of the car! lol! the only person who should be confused is jax, and that's only because she's a right-hand drive evo converted to a left-hand drive . : )
but seriously, no one seems to stay in their appropriate lane up there.....

GreaseFRT
08-01-2007, 07:10 PM
but seriously, no one seems to stay in their appropriate lane up there.....

That I agree with. Take a ride with your motorcycle buddies in a canyon once - you will get a new appreciation for staying in the correct lane.

Rallye Star
08-01-2007, 07:18 PM
i'm so scared of motorcycles. either ones running loose around you or someone trying to get me to ride one! almost as much as i'm afriad of dogs. i know you're going to laugh at me. it's okay. : )

GreaseFRT
08-01-2007, 07:29 PM
I won't laugh at you! It is horrible to laugh at someone's fears. I don't ride - I was shadowing them - the lead guy wiped out that day - I had to haul parts and him down the canyon....

Rallye Star
08-01-2007, 07:41 PM
i like you!

GreaseFRT
08-01-2007, 08:03 PM
Lol!! Sorry - I see people scared out of their minds all the time - I don't like to think of people scared - well, maybe the ones I don't like!! JK...

StockEVO
08-03-2007, 12:47 PM
Why don't you preach people to drive the speed limit up there so people like me with bicycles don't have to worry about people like you turning me into a hood ornament? This is a public road, not your personal race track.

7. drive at 70% max... even at that level, you can still practice and learn new driving techniques : )

GreaseFRT
08-03-2007, 12:52 PM
This is a public road, not your personal race track.

/quote]

I agree - that is why we all should share - it is not a matter of posted speed - it is more a drivers ability and judgement as well as a cars ability. I don't thing Joe Average in his SUV should speed on these roads - but I don't want to be tethered to the posted limit in my car. That is why we need rated licenses like there are different classes of truck licenses.

AvengeDEvO
08-03-2007, 01:01 PM
Some one needs to tell me how to access this road. DId they open um GMR through GMR street? Through Mt Baldy? Azusa? If one could be so kind please.

StockEVO
08-03-2007, 01:39 PM
I'm not going to lie and say I drive the speed limit up there either. Everyone in their mind they thing they are the best driver out there. But I know when speed and when to cruise it. If you head up there on the weekend, you see a lot of bicyclist, hikers, and motorcyclist. When I'm not up there pushing the pedal on my mtn. bike. I'm twisting the throttle on my Aprilia. If bambi decides to run out and make me crash then it's on mother nature and my stupid ass. But too many times I see Drifter King would be and several Honda fags up there trying to chase their shadows high noon. Too many close calls because think public road is a race track. Wrong!

Side note, everyone alway mistaken GMR = Glendora Mountain Road for GRR = Glendora Ridge Road (connects Mt. Baldy to East Fork, and Glendora Mtn. Road. Also anyone here play with motorcycles beside me?

StockEVO
08-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Google maps is your friend.

Some one needs to tell me how to access this road. DId they open um GMR through GMR street? Through Mt Baldy? Azusa? If one could be so kind please.

GreaseFRT
08-03-2007, 02:13 PM
Exactly. I tell you - the first time I drove following my motorcycle friends - it was very enlightening - I NEVER cross the yellow. I even pull to one side on the highway when there is traffic to allow a motorcycle to pass comfortably on the dotted line.

StockEVO
08-03-2007, 02:38 PM
The problem with GRR is there's no yellow or any kind of marking other than a section toward Mt. Baldy that is about 50 yard long that let you know where the center is. You just gotta really stay in your lane or hug the right side to avoid any head on collision. The reducing radius turns on GRR and GMR catches everyone off. I almost dumped my Ducati up there once cause I sneezed for a split second.

GreaseFRT
08-03-2007, 02:42 PM
I grew up on windy back roads - I know what you mean - maybe people should try a run on the Angeles Crest before trying the GRR or GMR - they can practice hugging the outside of a left hand turn - and how not to understeer through a right hander into the other lane....

StockEVO
08-03-2007, 03:19 PM
Yes send all the NOOBS to da Crest!

GreaseFRT
08-03-2007, 03:22 PM
Not too many - I still like my early SUnday mornings up there!

AvengeDEvO
08-03-2007, 03:23 PM
Ok time for retarded question numero dos. I have been up Mt baldey. I know that there is a road that goes left or north into another mountain range. It becomes a single lane and some parts have no barrier which is pretty scary. So is this GRR and the start of gmr?But I will make friends with google.

GreaseFRT
08-03-2007, 03:24 PM
I am not sure of what you are describing = but Google Map shows GMR - not sure of GRR though...

AvengeDEvO
08-03-2007, 03:27 PM
I run Azusa all the time, I know that place like no other. I have been to Turnbul or how ever you spell it. I have also been to Black canyon right by a military base in the valley, its fast one lane and no one goes up there. Ive ran on La Crest and so many other SF valley places. I was hoping that they would open up Azusa all the way up to crystal lake. I know that it connects to La Crest.

GreaseFRT
08-03-2007, 03:28 PM
What is your favorite run?

rammsteinmatt
08-03-2007, 03:32 PM

police coming to [your favorite run] this weekend

StockEVO
08-03-2007, 03:33 PM
If you are coming up Baldy right before the Fire Station and Mt. Baldy cafe, there's a road with some big ass gate on the left hand side. That would be Glendora Ridge Road. It connects Mt. Baldy to East Fork and Glendora Mtn. Road.

Ok time for retarded question numero dos. I have been up Mt baldey. I know that there is a road that goes left or north into another mountain range. It becomes a single lane and some parts have no barrier which is pretty scary. So is this GRR and the start of gmr?But I will make friends with google.

GreaseFRT
08-03-2007, 03:34 PM

police coming to [your favorite run] this weekend

Yea - that sucks..... Have to wait out all this media coverage....

AvengeDEvO
08-03-2007, 03:34 PM
I like being able to kiss the side of the wall I like them all for different reasons. I must say Black Canyon is the best I never see anyone there, its narrow, fast, smooth, its a hidden jewel.

GreaseFRT
08-03-2007, 03:35 PM
Hmm - can I ask you to PM me the location of Black Canyon?

AvengeDEvO
08-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Oh yes I will try to explain it as detailed as possible. Its a little tricky to get up there. I have to look it up because I dont know the name of the small streets. Give me a sec.

GreaseFRT
08-03-2007, 03:51 PM
No rush - thanks for taking the time!

1michael322
08-06-2007, 02:24 AM
+1 May I also know the location of "Black Canyon"

Operation Safe Canyons.... WHAT THE HELL?!!??!?! :tickedoff:
http://cbs2.com/video/[email protected]
Cops are starting to hit every canyon...Â* :'(

I have been up to Azusa and I love it but last week a couple of my friends went and at the Bottom of Azusa where you make that "U-Turn" up hill , where every one meets up at before going up hill... a cop came a told every one to go home!Â* :tickedoff:

ev0ninerr
08-06-2007, 02:58 AM
that sucks. i heard about that from one of the evo guys who was just crossing there. ended up getting pulled over and got a ref ticket.

i've gone on turnbull a lot, how does that compare to GMR anyway?

Rallye Star
08-07-2007, 01:07 AM
Why don't you preach people to drive the speed limit up there so people like me with bicycles don't have to worry about people like you turning me into a hood ornament? This is a public road, not your personal race track.

well that was the point of that one. obviously, stay within the speed limit.Â* of course everyone is going to vary their speeds, but in that variation, keep a little in reserve. and bicyclists should also remember these rules because pedalers are just as bad as motorcyclists and cars in not staying in their appropriate lanes. if you're biking, then it's even more dangerous since no one can hear you coming. i used to bike up there withe my dad before i learned how to drive. i was always really jumpy up there because of the cars and i'm sure that the big ass 400 pound mountain lion didn't help things any.... the good thing about having a bike though- you can go up there when the road's closed and hit the dirt road that heads out to the other side of the valley. damn, i wish that shit was open to rally on!!!

gh0stch1ld
08-11-2007, 12:06 AM
your lucky he let you guys go home instead of giving you a ticket. Went there last night. They've finally opened the south road. Almost went straight into the wall. Friggin Walter was going to fast. Ah good times good times.

Cops are starting to hit every canyon... :'(

I have been up to Azusa and I love it but last week a couple of my friends went and at the Bottom of Azusa where you make that "U-Turn" up hill , where every one meets up at before going up hill... a cop came a told every one to go home! :tickedoff:

dabie
08-11-2007, 08:03 PM
I like how they show a Prius pulled over for the majority of that video, lol

vortech_g35
08-12-2007, 10:18 PM
Cool video.

lvevo
08-12-2007, 11:18 PM
your lucky he let you guys go home instead of giving you a ticket. Went there last night. They've finally opened the south road. Almost went straight into the wall. Friggin Walter was going to fast. Ah good times good times.

Cops are starting to hit every canyon... :'(

I have been up to Azusa and I love it but last week a couple of my friends went and at the Bottom of Azusa where you make that "U-Turn" up hill , where every one meets up at before going up hill... a cop came a told every one to go home! :tickedoff:

Does your friend Walter own a black Sti? I was hoping that no one would mention that the south road was open, it's my favorite part.

AvengeDEvO
08-12-2007, 11:59 PM
I am hoping that they open the rest of the road. That way you can make it all the way to crystal lake and then to LA crest.

ilovethatemone
08-13-2007, 04:12 AM
yeah i got told to turn around 2 weeks ago... =\ i was sad.. operation safe canyon.... = (

Rallye Star
08-13-2007, 11:11 PM
so i told my little brother (that little sh!t has a nice mr-2 and a stupid ass cresida that he just bought a stack cluster for!!!!!) about this thread, and that started us going on our good old days stories of gmr and he reminded me of this little gem, that i think tops all of our run ins with the cops and stupid ricers....

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l13/SW203SGTE/2006_111250002.jpg

he told me that he just stayed in the car, locked the doors and hid in the car, pretending not to see anything.... omg scary!

lvevo
08-14-2007, 01:50 AM
^^^ I've went up there to take pictures one time and saw that someone ripped the gate that close the road to Glendora. So I walked a ways to get a nice picture of the horizon and saw that some also ripped the gate to the little fire house off. I went inside that creepy little fire house for some reason and saw a bunch of foxes that started to run at me to get out. Then I got my pictures and went to my car, when I ran into some hunters that had HUGE crossbows and knives with them. I got pretty freaked out because I had to go by them in order to get to my car. Then they asked if I have seen any dear today? I said no. Then they told me I should have a weapon for the wild animals up there. So I said okay next I'll get my knife. I walked toward my car and turned back to see where they were and they were loading up their crossbows and sharpening their knives.

GreaseFRT
08-14-2007, 07:18 AM
Yikes! I hear banjo music in the background!! Lol!!

StockEVO
08-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Not going to happen anytime soon. That road been closed since 1978'ish or so. If you ride a dual sport, you can access the fireroad that dumps you off on the 2 heading over Newcombs Ranch.

I am hoping that they open the rest of the road. That way you can make it all the way to crystal lake and then to LA crest.

1michael322
08-15-2007, 01:26 AM
Couple of my friends just went up to Azusa Tonight and some of them got pulled over and got Ref Tickets. They said they saw atlease 5 copsÂ* :'( .Â* Im guess in the video I put up about "Operation Safe Canyons" is true!....

NO MORE TOUGE !!!!!Â* Â*:tickedoff:Â* :tickedoff:Â* :tickedoff:Â* :'( :'( :'( :'(

ilovethatemone
08-15-2007, 10:53 AM
2 of my friends got ref tickets last night tooo.. i am sooo sad..=(

AvengeDEvO
08-15-2007, 10:54 AM
So this happen in Azusa? God dang it!! That means I cant go anymore.

Rallye Star
08-15-2007, 03:42 PM
it's hard for me to believe that the cops can give you a ticket for just driving up there. i mean what's the problem if you're obeying the speed limit and the rules of the road? i love going up to gmr just to look at the scenery and have picnics, sit in the sun and read. i mean it's not like gmr really goes anywhere. judging from the 1920s looking cement barriers on the baldy side, it looks like a ccc project meant for pleasurable driving.... why don't the cops do something really important, like stopping the drug dealing in the house across from mine?

StockEVO
08-15-2007, 09:43 PM
Went up Azusa, over to East Fork and up and down GMR before heading over to GRR and down Baldy. 4 x Honda's got cited, 2 x 240SX got towed, and 1 white RS EVO ticketed. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

You all deserved to get popped by the cops and hassle with. It was really funny because I was sitting at the junction of GMR, GRR, and East Fork. It's a no brainer to see who's speeding or driving 70% of their ability up there. :2funny: I didn't get hassle with one bit and I had my driving, fog, and high beams on. One CHiP ask me where I was going I told him I'm just cruising through the canyon to wind down from work and try to get my mind off from things at home. He said becareful up here because there are gangs and idiots that likes to go off the cliff for no apparent reasons. Just as soon we were done talking. You see someone with their high beams on screeching the tires coming up East Fork. Voila!! White RS EVO. :2funny: then again I was in my truck. :smitten: if that matters. O0

Granny Shifter
08-15-2007, 09:50 PM
^stockevo, you have a cool avatar

StockEVO
08-15-2007, 09:54 PM
My dad thanks you.

Granny Shifter
08-15-2007, 09:55 PM
say your welcome to him from me

StockEVO
08-15-2007, 09:57 PM
He wants to know if you want to come over for dinner. He just bought 20lbs. of sugar cane.

GokuSSJ4
08-15-2007, 11:38 PM
bah!!! lol

Rallye Star
08-16-2007, 12:29 AM
then again I was in my truck. :smitten: if that matters. O0

they probably thought you were that guy with the shot gun and the crazy knives! lol

p.s. i've never done more than 40 mph up there...

GokuSSJ4
08-16-2007, 10:08 AM
then again I was in my truck. :smitten: if that matters. O0

they probably thought you were that guy with the shot gun and the crazy knives! lol

p.s. i've never done more than 40 mph up there...
he does have the equipment to start WW3 .... Ty should post some pics of his hobby.... specially of the 51 cal loll.. :D

Rallye Star
08-16-2007, 05:39 PM
lol! omg! GUNS! *runs*!!!

DIAF
08-16-2007, 08:50 PM
huh?

Miss Evo8
08-20-2007, 10:18 AM
GMR is gay now... wanna be drifters and too many cops.. its burned people stop going up there then crying later that you got a ticket

Timujin
08-20-2007, 09:17 PM
take it to the track

StockEVO
08-21-2007, 12:29 PM
socalsportbikes.com?

take it to the track

Miss Evo8
08-21-2007, 05:37 PM
socalsportbikes.com?

take it to the track

Ty rides a go-ped

Timujin
08-21-2007, 08:08 PM
socalsportbikes.com?

take it to the track

Ty rides a go-ped

www.socal-sportbikes.com

StockEVO
08-22-2007, 04:52 PM
Take it to the street!

Timujin
08-23-2007, 05:37 AM
YEAH! FUGIT!

Check the DY in my avatar.

StockEVO
08-23-2007, 10:44 AM
I thought this one is better.

http://www.aprilia-v60.net/user/funnies/gif/sillyharleys.gif

Miss Evo8
08-23-2007, 10:49 AM

fkn stupid Harley guys

GokuSSJ4
08-23-2007, 11:06 AM
WTH!!!!

MJCT9A
08-23-2007, 11:09 AM

fkn stupid Harley guys

hahaha...i dont understand why the 2nd one followed him.... :uglystupid2:

StockEVO
08-23-2007, 11:22 AM
Target fixation. Most Harley riders are lemmings. Instead of looking where they're supposed to turn, they fixate on their buddies line. So if your butty takes a wrong line, well guess what. You're going down with him.

Miss Evo8
08-23-2007, 11:26 AM
Target fixation. Most Harley riders are lemmings. Instead of looking where they're supposed to turn, they fixate on their buddies line. So if your butty takes a wrong line, well guess what. You're going down with him.

those homos love riding two abreast in the canyon too :idiot2:
and I dont think they can drag a knee on their "cruisers"

StockEVO
08-23-2007, 11:39 AM
Ass-less chaps Angie, Ass-less chaps. Maybe Tomas need a Harley.

Miss Evo8
08-23-2007, 11:53 AM
Ass-less chaps Angie, Ass-less chaps. Maybe Tomas need a Harley.

actaully Ty I think these would look cute on you!

http://members.arstechnica.com/x/zuvembi/pink-assless-chaps.jpg

StockEVO
08-23-2007, 11:58 AM
Tomas once told me. "A women's place is in the kitchen." Is this true?

http://www.aprilia-v60.net/user/funnies/jpegs/Manoftheyear2.jpeg

GokuSSJ4
08-23-2007, 12:30 PM
why would i mentioned anything like that, when i know how to cook....
stop trying to instigate crap Ty!

StockEVO
08-23-2007, 01:59 PM
I'm not instigating anything. Just repeating what you told me and your views of womens.

Miss Evo8
08-23-2007, 02:21 PM
I'm gonna shank both of u!!!

MJCT9A
08-23-2007, 02:22 PM
^^^^^damn you seriously need a barf bag to look @ this ish.....*buuaaaahhhh* fk you guys done it now...LOL

StockEVO
08-23-2007, 02:48 PM
Tomasa started it!

GokuSSJ4
08-23-2007, 03:25 PM
Tomasa started it!
:roll:

Miss Evo8
08-23-2007, 05:34 PM
Tomasa started it!
:roll:

no matter..... shank first................ ask questions later :twisted:

Timujin
08-23-2007, 08:38 PM

That is fuggin funny as hell...lemmings.

And thanks Angie for the vomit in my mouth with that pink nasty ass showing fuggin DUDE

StockEVO
08-23-2007, 08:42 PM
Here is the orginal video. :2funny: :D :coolsmiley:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=whVXD3ex9DA

Timujin
08-23-2007, 08:47 PM
Here is the orginal video. :2funny: :D :coolsmiley:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=whVXD3ex9DA

Still funny. I just don't know why they thought they could make that pass. Fugger just drops like a brick straight into harley hell.

ilovethatemone
08-28-2007, 09:06 AM
hhahahahha funny ass video. lol i like the guy in the background lets go or there going to beat our asses and then the girls all like why would they do that? haha

in-n-out-310
09-11-2007, 02:13 AM
Damn I just right got back from GMR ..... all I can say is wow!

Miss Evo8
09-12-2007, 10:39 AM
Damn I just right got back from GMR ..... all I can say is wow!

did u see all the tire marks into the walls? :laugh:

incog6
09-12-2007, 11:32 PM
lol.. I was coming down while the five o was heading up =)

dabie
09-13-2007, 12:06 AM
not sure why people still go here.. just asking for trouble

onepremiere
09-16-2007, 04:04 PM
Went to GMR last night to check it out. Met a few of the locals, really cool guys. When we rolled up there were 4 Scions. And everyone around them was "leaning like a cholo." Then we cruised over to a couple Miata's, a Subie and an S2K. These guys were cool. There was a total of maybe 15-16 cars only 6 were running GMR. It was my first time at this road so I took it easy going down hill to learn the road. Then got on it a little on the up hill. That place is sketchhh. Down hill isn't so bad when you use the whole road. I was sketched out using the whole road on the up hill, because of the blind turns. None the less, looks fun if its organized, which from what I have heard that isn't the case. Its F&F Toykio Drift Up there some nights.

From what the locals told me, last night was one of the more mellow nights he has seen in a while. He said normally the entire meeting area at the top is filled with cars. But only a handful are running.

I was there till about 4:15 last night and the locals were still running!

Miss Evo8
09-16-2007, 06:44 PM
why would u "use the whole road" ? Stay in "your lane" O0

evo87
09-16-2007, 06:54 PM
someone should organized it initial d style, haha

onepremiere
09-16-2007, 07:44 PM
^^^ Ya then watch the CHP come out of the woodwork and tow every car there....

evo87
09-16-2007, 09:05 PM
just drift around them

onepremiere
09-17-2007, 08:25 PM
just drift around them

that happened the night Tokyo Drift opened... a guy went drifting past a cop and got his shit toweeeddd ekkk

evo87
09-17-2007, 09:02 PM
tak would have got away.
people are going to be people, as dangerous as it is, they like doing it up there.
your testing your luck up there, like a roll of dice. thats life

onepremiere
09-17-2007, 09:57 PM
its a community up there, go there right now you will see cars....

DIAF
09-18-2007, 01:36 AM
You guys are fucking idiots for going up there. Yes.. You are all "hardcore" canyon racers aren't you? I bet you read Initial D and fantasize about driving fast...when in reality you will just end up over the side or into a wall or pissing yourself the first time you spin your car... YA FKN MORONS!

onepremiere
09-18-2007, 01:48 AM
You guys are fucking idiots for going up there. Yes.. You are all "hardcore" canyon racers aren't you? I bet you read Initial D and fantasize about driving fast...when in reality you will just end up over the side or into a wall or pissing yourself the first time you spin your car... YA FKN MORONS!

would you like a wamburger to go with those french cries?

DIAF
09-18-2007, 01:54 AM
I'M NOT WHINING I'M POINTING OUT THE OBVIOUS CHEESE DICK! BUT YOU'RE TOO STUPID TO SEE THAT! Sorry Caps button got stuck :roll:

onepremiere
09-18-2007, 02:05 AM
I'M NOT WHINING I'M POINTING OUT THE OBVIOUS CHEESE DICK! BUT YOU'RE TOO STUPID TO SEE THAT! Sorry Caps button got stuck :roll:

where in your plethora of rambling ignorance did you make a valid point?

people are going to do whatever they want. your rambling pointless opinion isn't going to change anyones mind, so don't waste your breath.

DIAF
09-18-2007, 02:38 AM
Well Cheesedick in my plethora of KNOWLEDGEABLE ramblings my point is this... you guys are morons for going up there not only are the cops gonna bust your ass but you amature wannabe initial D fucks screw it up for everyone else who enjoys the road. Not to mention..."hey lets all give the cops more reason to pull over Evo owners!" .... I could care less if you fly off a cliff really.... just don't kill any animals on the way down ok?

Spec R
09-18-2007, 03:32 AM
yeah keep it off the streets and do a real track event

onepremiere
09-18-2007, 03:39 AM
Well Cheesedick in my plethora of KNOWLEDGEABLE ramblings my point is this... you guys are morons for going up there not only are the cops gonna bust your ass but you amature wannabe initial D fucks screw it up for everyone else who enjoys the road. Not to mention..."hey lets all give the cops more reason to pull over Evo owners!" .... I could care less if you fly off a cliff really.... just don't kill any animals on the way down ok?

I keep having to repeat myslelf. This is becoming comical. When you say "you guys are morons for going up there," I am assuming you mean Evo owners. No matter how many Evo owners who frequent GMR you call "morons" they are still going to do what they want to do. They are not going to stop going because they were called a moron on the internet. Lol. So again. Don't waste your breath.

The cops pull cars; not just Evo's, over everyday, its called BREAKING THE LAW.

Where are you getting this Initial D nonsense. Lol.

I don't remember flying off any cliffs...

So quit crying. People are going to do what they want whenever they want. YOU can't stop it. Getting all hot and bothered about it isn't going to do much. Its a cool road where people go to test the limits of their car and their driving ability. Is it safe? No. Is it legal? No. Can it be stopped? No. Thats my point. "Taking it to the track" is the right thing to do, but there will still be people at GMR every night, thats their choice.

Miss Evo8
09-18-2007, 03:42 AM

O0

and onepremiere... I think you missed DIAF point.....

onepremiere
09-18-2007, 03:50 AM

O0

and onepremiere... I think you missed DIAF point.....

Nope I got it all. I have been up there once, just to see what all the hype was about. I doubt i will go back due to the fact people have been car jacked, its dangerous and an easy ticket for the cops. My point is, getting all worked up over the fact that cars including Evo's frequent GMR is a waste of breath because it will never stop unless they close the road completely.

Miss Evo8
09-18-2007, 03:57 AM
or fly off the cliff :buck2: and they do close the road... often

DIAF
09-18-2007, 04:36 AM
Dear Baby Jesus.... please let Onepremiere's Evo detonate... bend a valve or two...blow the transfer case and maybe run so lean it blows a whole in the side of his block the size of Texas. You're such a fag onepremiere you don't deserve an Evo. You're too stupid to own one. You really did miss the point. Just because YOU CAN do something illegal and get away with it... doesn't mean you should. But your dumbass will never understand that concept will you? How old are you? 17... 18? You have a lot of growing up to do. When you grow a few more pubes maybe you will get some intelligence along with them. But until then understand there are other people out on the road besides your dumbass. And the fact that you "condone" running GMR and such... with your.. "Well if they do it and you can't do anything to stop them" attitude just goes to show your immaturity. Grow up Cheesedick!

evo87
09-18-2007, 03:28 PM
yes its stupid, and yes you can kill yourself. THATS LIFE.....
you can die today, walking down the street, thats the road we chose to take.

my aunt was killed by a drunk driver, with her three year old son on there way home.
it just so happens that she drove home at the same time the drunk did.
just live your life to the fullest one day at a time. you like running canyons, go and have yourself a great time.

onepremiere
09-18-2007, 05:13 PM
DIAF. Immaturity? It appears I am the only one who could argue my facts and opions without "wishing for the demise of my evo." I don't deserve an Evo? Whys that? Because I work my ass off so I could have the oppurtunity to own one? When did I condone people running GMR? I simply stated that its going to happen wheter it is right or wrong, I never said it was going to be me. You can't seem to get that through your thick skull. Yes its dumb, yes its illegal and yes its unsafe. I went there once. I drove the road once. Just to see what all the hype was about. I keep repeating myself. Lol.

Temjin
09-18-2007, 07:49 PM
This is the backside of GMR. Its only about a third of the whole run. You can use Google Earth to give you an aireal view. Almost impossible to memorize unless you are a local and go up there a lot. I had a co-driver help me with the turns. BTW-Don't even think about Double Laning during the day. The other side was closed off when I made this run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OgkCYJY-r8

chavo_del_8
09-19-2007, 08:56 AM
Umm not that I'm condoning this but if you do it, just keep it to yourself. It'll save us the (even though its entertaining lol) e-fighting.

MoReRyCe
09-20-2007, 05:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a9aJ0tps9I

Ooo flames...lol

evo87
09-21-2007, 09:13 PM
nice

JWest
09-22-2007, 12:05 PM
All name calling aside.Â* I will continue to plead with people to behave in the canyons and act as much like adults as possible.

Driving on the wrong side of the road.Â* Finding the limits of your evo or yourself. Challenging or encouraging others to do the same in public non-controlled environment etc.Â* Is justÂ* horribly irresponsible, wrong, and not for away from driving drunk. Short term you're risking the lives of those around you long term you're guarantying greater police hasselling and higher insurance rates for everyone.

Yep people will generally F things up for others.

Why would you want to be that person or encourage anyone around you to be that person???

JW

MoReRyCe
09-22-2007, 02:19 PM
All name calling aside. I will continue to plead with people to behave in the canyons and act as much like adults as possible.

Driving on the wrong side of the road. Finding the limits of your evo or yourself. Challenging or encouraging others to do the same in public non-controlled environment etc. Is just horribly irresponsible, wrong, and not for away from driving drunk. Short term you're risking the lives of those around you long term you're guarantying greater police hasselling and higher insurance rates for everyone.

Yep people will generally F things up for others.

Why would you want to be that person or encourage anyone around you to be that person???

JW

oh well wut can you do....

silvery_eagle
09-26-2007, 01:55 PM
install speed bumps @ every corner on GMR O0

x[corwyn]
09-28-2007, 01:49 AM
Jebus on a pogo stick.

I dont know WTF anyone is arguing about. So you want the asshats who crash or do stupid shit to take it to the track? I dunno about you but I personally DON'T want those asshats there. At least in a canyon I can get my insurance to cover the idiocy.

Also those that "Track" that are bagging on GMR... Have you ever gone there?! Its a very technical area, that you cant be going balls out unless you know what you are doing. The idiots that cross double yellows dont last long there.

I ride motorcycles there in the morning (Seen some of you guys up there) and take the Evo up there at night. Anyone that knows me knows that I'm not "Initial D" driving through there... Then again I have been going there for over a decade on bikes and cars (And occasionally a few trucks).

"Take it to the Track" is an elitist statement at best. I love taking my bike to the track, but taking my daily driver that I'm still making payments on isnt the smartest thing... Unless you know of some insurance companies that will cover having the idiots there smashing into it.

An idiot driver is an idiot driver be it canyon or track.

incog6
09-30-2007, 09:56 PM
]

+1

blkside
10-01-2007, 06:31 AM
Thats the truth. Hey Chad... WoW....lol

JWest
10-02-2007, 11:47 AM
]

+1

The idiot driver at the track. Gets black flagged/puts car into wall/fills car with dust/gets told what they are/maybe you get together, bend somethings and you get to sort it out just you and the idiot. Race tracks have long histories of dealing with idiots. The track is a "controlled environment" specifically designed for sorting out levels of idiocy.

In the canyons:
1. Idiots get tickets alerting the local PD/CHP that they have opportunities to get money from others with a similar passion, idiot or not.
2. Drive off the side of or into the side of mountains, causing the problems of #1 and causing insurance rates to go up for others.
3. Hit or otherwise aggravate (locals, moms, children grand parrents, etc) #1, #2, as well as generating "a public out cry," leading to 60min specials or just pissed-off locals at city counsel meetings. Which leads to road closures, anti-enthusiast laws, and bad PR form manufactures of performance autos and auto parts.

It's one thing to be an idiot, it's another to be a selfish ass and ruin things for others, by finding out how much of an idiot you are on public roads.

JW

boostin_terrier
10-05-2007, 05:51 PM
newbs to the track dont jump right into the advanced or intermediate groups so none of us track dorks are in danger really.

tanK
10-05-2007, 05:54 PM
^^^ Not necessarily... past few events I've seen beginners running in groups way over their head... causes major slow downs in traffic and lots of close calls! It causes others to point them off the track with the bird...

DIAF
10-06-2007, 03:13 AM
That's just plain stupidity then on their part. Its called rules of the track.... follow them. And anyone knows all you have to do is pull off the track and ask for some space. The track workers will gladly give it to you.

GokuSSJ4
10-06-2007, 12:14 PM
kerryann...
I've just noticed your new sig.... loll... wth! ... have you been harras with a lot of pm's?

Terenus
10-06-2007, 12:17 PM
kerryann...
I've just noticed your new sig.... loll... wth! ... have you been harras with a lot of pm's?

I like tho harras people!

kanyonkid
10-06-2007, 01:38 PM
alright.... my GMR story... ive been canyon running literally everyday/night for the passed 3 years.... i heard about gmr so went up there one midnight to check it out.. their were over 25 cars up there.. i met some of the best drivers ive ever seen.. guys who have been runnin gmr for 10+years doing record timed flawless runs... definatley the best night of my life, i had my evo about a week and brought it up there and by the end of the night my advans were TOAST.. these guys were faster than you and skilled to the bone.... obviosly theres always gonna be morons who see guys like us(the superfast flawless guys) and try to do the same... i mean there were 2 guys who drove off the cliff that night... but to my next subject, I HATE EVO OWNERS who drive like a lil bitch, who i used to smoke in my stock civic UPHILL, and dont go to the dirt... wtf did u get an evo for, honestly... did u get awd, turbo, brembos,acd, jus so u can act like a ferrari owner "look at me i have a cool car and u dont", and for u pple who are for "keep it on the track" Why would u pay to go to a track when u live in beautiful socal with the best mountain roads in the world, thats my fuckin race track.... And for the some of u, "ya well ur jus gonna get arrested yada yada yada" in my opinion it is safer to rip threw a canyon than to speed on the freeway... I know all you ppl dissin on canyon running has done over 100 on the freeway, well guess wat, THATS THE SAME TICKET AS CANYON RUNNING!!! And for all u guys that DO canyon run, good job using wat u paid for, keep it safe, and watch out for deer!!!!! PEace im Out

[p]dOG.
10-06-2007, 01:54 PM
^ :-o :2funny:

MoReRyCe
10-06-2007, 01:58 PM
alright.... my GMR story... ive been canyon running literally everyday/night for the passed 3 years.... i heard about gmr so went up there one midnight to check it out.. their were over 25 cars up there.. i met some of the best drivers ive ever seen.. guys who have been runnin gmr for 10+years doing record timed flawless runs... definatley the best night of my life, i had my evo about a week and brought it up there and by the end of the night my advans were TOAST.. these guys were faster than you and skilled to the bone.... obviosly theres always gonna be morons who see guys like us(the superfast flawless guys) and try to do the same... i mean there were 2 guys who drove off the cliff that night... but to my next subject, I HATE EVO OWNERS who drive like a lil bitch, who i used to smoke in my stock civic UPHILL, and dont go to the dirt... wtf did u get an evo for, honestly... did u get awd, turbo, brembos,acd, jus so u can act like a ferrari owner "look at me i have a cool car and u dont", and for u pple who are for "keep it on the track" Why would u pay to go to a track when u live in beautiful socal with the best mountain roads in the world, thats my fuckin race track.... And for the some of u, "ya well ur jus gonna get arrested yada yada yada" in my opinion it is safer to rip threw a canyon than to speed on the freeway... I know all you ppl dissin on canyon running has done over 100 on the freeway, well guess wat, THATS THE SAME TICKET AS CANYON RUNNING!!! And for all u guys that DO canyon run, good job using wat u paid for, keep it safe, and watch out for deer!!!!! PEace im Out

lol...

"these guys were faster than you and skilled to the bone.... obviosly theres always gonna be morons who see guys like us (the superfast flawless guys)"

never heard of you....

[p]dOG.
10-06-2007, 02:15 PM
I have! I took a picture of him on the top on the mountain....

here it is....

lvevo
10-06-2007, 02:22 PM
^^^ the fast drivers always have the cool hair, thats why I don't cut mine ;)

kanyonkid
10-06-2007, 02:26 PM
cuz if ur fast u keep it on the DL, of course u never heard of me... i dont go bragging, the ppl who brag get smoked by US and end up in the ditch :)

j_nizzle
10-06-2007, 02:29 PM
you just did in that huge post you made!

MJCT9A
10-06-2007, 02:30 PM
i consider myself the mexican-tanaguchi...and dont brag about it......

LOL...j/k

kanyonkid
10-06-2007, 02:33 PM
haha i knew some1 one was gonna say that!!! saying it once is jus giving an opinion... all u guys have evo's so u all should be "fast"... and from my experience in the mountains, evo's are the best drivers :)

kanyonkid
10-06-2007, 02:36 PM
the morale of my post was u have an evo, u should be a canyon runner, thats wat the cars made for... i dont like dissers on the car that U own... thats like building a track car and dont go to the track, then dis on ppl going to the track!

MJCT9A
10-06-2007, 02:38 PM
i'm w/ u, someguys are slower at these canyon runs.beats me if its a learning curve or what not. you will never know the limits of your car unless you push it till u literally crap your pants...but then again you need to have very reliable supporting mods to do so. i would carry a parachute just in case...though.....

j_nizzle
10-06-2007, 02:39 PM
thats like building a track car and dont go to the track, then dis on ppl going to the track!

that sounds like goku!

Terenus
10-06-2007, 02:40 PM
thats like building a track car and dont go to the track, then dis on ppl going to the track!

that sounds like goku!

Orly?

j_nizzle
10-06-2007, 02:41 PM
im bustin his balls...i know how much track time he had with the first 2 evos.

kanyonkid
10-06-2007, 02:45 PM
exactly... its all about road memorization.... .. for instance, i cant drive GMR fast at all if im not "chasing" one of the greatest... cuz i dont know that road to save my life... it takes me at least a month before i can rip a road by myself... i dont think i can ever run GMR as fast as the guys i've met if im the lead car...

MJCT9A
10-06-2007, 02:49 PM
^so will you be leading the LB cruise # 4 to GMR in November? I think most of us are newbs @ this canyon...correct me if i'm wrong LB peeps.....

kanyonkid
10-06-2007, 02:53 PM
if i have to i'll lead... i'm still faster than the average joe when i lead an unknown road.... u know whats funny!! when i went on a run with the fastest guy up there, theres this dude in a 80's style 80 hp mazda somethinorother, and he was literally 30 seconds behind us on the downhill!! thats becasue of track memorization.... also im one of those guys who stays in my lane, and those guys up there us both and have the sickest driving line... damn GMR is the sickest, i cant believe those guys have that road down like the back of there hand..

lvevo
10-06-2007, 02:56 PM
cuz if ur fast u keep it on the DL, of course u never heard of me... i dont go bragging, the ppl who brag get smoked by US and end up in the ditch :)

Word gets around if you are fast. The regulars always talk about the fast guys to anyone that asks.

kanyonkid
10-06-2007, 02:59 PM

Word gets around if you are fast. The regulars always talk about the fast guys to anyone that asks.

do u hit up GMR often? ive only been there 3 times.... and the same fast guys i run with were up there all three times..

MoReRyCe
10-06-2007, 03:18 PM
ur all slow...

lol

boostin_terrier
10-12-2007, 09:25 PM
^^^ Not necessarily... past few events I've seen beginners running in groups way over their head... causes major slow downs in traffic and lots of close calls! It causes others to point them off the track with the bird...

Thats when YOU pull off the track and get restarted......and then at "driver download" state your case.

GOKU -Â* no i havent been harass with alot of PM......what make you thought this. :-P
Its time for dancing with the Evo's(on the track)...no more dancing with the umbrella's mkay, we already have an umbrella girl.

GokuSSJ4
10-13-2007, 03:01 AM

Thats when YOU pull off the track and get restarted......and then at "driver download" state your case.

GOKU - no i havent been harass with alot of PM......what make you thought this. :-P
Its time for dancing with the Evo's(on the track)...no more dancing with the umbrella's mkay, we already have an umbrella girl.
i decided to do that because
1. i was bored
and 2. angie or you wouldnt do it .... remember that dancing with springer is out of the question, he happens to have a bad knee LOL :D

that sounds like goku!

Orly?

yes Rly!!!
LOL nothing but love .....

ilovethatemone
11-21-2007, 11:32 AM
if i have to i'll lead... i'm still faster than the average joe when i lead an unknown road.... u know whats funny!! when i went on a run with the fastest guy up there, theres this dude in a 80's style 80 hp mazda somethinorother, and he was literally 30 seconds behind us on the downhill!! thats becasue of track memorization.... also im one of those guys who stays in my lane, and those guys up there us both and have the sickest driving line... damn GMR is the sickest, i cant believe those guys have that road down like the back of there hand..

haha that one asian guy in the white mazda protege is pretty dope. haha he can run it 24/7 hassle free from cops... seen him up there a bunch of times!

JDMboi
11-22-2007, 01:50 AM
gmr is it open i think the closed it cuz of the fire s but im not to sure i wanna go for a run whos with me

ilovethatemone
11-22-2007, 02:33 AM
my friend went up a few weeks ago.

chavo_del_8
11-22-2007, 07:10 AM
Damn I can't believe I missed out on Initial D and Tokyo Drift all at once. Hey do you guys record any of your runs? I'd love to study your driving techniques.

ilovethatemone
11-22-2007, 10:51 AM
I have one video, but its in my civic si haha and i can't post it. Ill show u guys this guys video on youtube its like the fastest car up there its a white evo. The video was made back in march of this year so there could be someone faster that i don't know about, anyways here it is. If you want to see more just look at the gyrenejoe's videos he is fast up there too and films a lot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOZe5bH9QvE

watching it makes me want to go up. HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

evo05
11-22-2007, 11:11 AM
^^^^^that was a nice run dude..........that shit handle pretty good........

MoReRyCe
11-22-2007, 06:19 PM
I have one video, but its in my civic si haha and i can't post it. Ill show u guys this guys video on youtube its like the fastest car up there its a white evo. The video was made back in march of this year so there could be someone faster that i don't know about, anyways here it is. If you want to see more just look at the gyrenejoe's videos he is fast up there too and films a lot!

LOL IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA

read the description it tells you who it is... :)

MoReRyCe
11-22-2007, 06:26 PM
PS: theres no one faster :)

MoReRyCe
11-22-2007, 06:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a9aJ0tps9I&feature=user

thats another one for your enjoyment :)

although i think it was already posted before..

onepremiere
11-23-2007, 01:21 AM
I go to GMR just to drift. In an AWD car.

chavo_del_8
11-23-2007, 01:25 AM

Do you have any PiP footage of the footwork?

ilovethatemone
11-23-2007, 01:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a9aJ0tps9I&feature=user

thats another one for your enjoyment :)

although i think it was already posted before..

haha yeah its you i was wondering if you would pop up on here. Dope car seen it a bunch of times! haha have you been going up recently?

ilovethatemone
11-23-2007, 01:52 AM
PS: theres no one faster :)

haha didn't think so... joe is pretty fast if hes the one right behind you filming it. lol. Whats your fastest time up there? On one of the videos i think you went faster on your rs2's than on your ra1's. lol

lvevo
11-23-2007, 05:32 AM
MoReyCe, weren't you on stock suspension in the vids?

MoReRyCe
11-23-2007, 07:12 AM
i ran under 5 mins on r-compounds... not filmed though... and nah all my times were with buddy club coilovers..i now have buddy club coilovers but revalved and different spring rates not ment for treet tires lol... i have stock rims on for the fast times.. i went up on street tires with my other rims but i havent gone lately.. just not worth it anymore... track ftw... :)

ilovethatemone
11-23-2007, 11:58 AM
damn dude... thats fucking crazy i did like a mid 5:30 in my civic, but i was only going up for like 6 months... how long have you been going up for? the evo the first car you have taken up there? too many cops after like the 3rd in a row i went up and got told to go home i was starting to get over it and that was back in June... = (

MoReRyCe
11-23-2007, 12:27 PM
been goin up for about 4-5 years now.. used to drive a s13 and then an integra.. n then an fc.. then an fd.. then the evo... but i dont like goin anymore... its kinda boring.. lol time attacks for me :)

ilovethatemone
11-23-2007, 01:28 PM
been goin up for about 4-5 years now.. used to drive a s13 and then an integra.. n then an fc.. then an fd.. then the evo... but i dont like goin anymore... its kinda boring.. lol time attacks for me :)

lol damn so you've been around on platforms. hahaha but fuck man breaking 5 mins is just crazy what speeds are you at? like not dropping below 65mph? haha have you ever crashed up there? fuck i miss it man.. just talking about it. i remember whenever you were clocking a time everyone was like blocking it off for you from the top and shit. like a lil touge superstar. hahaha the evo your favorite car so far?

MoReRyCe
11-23-2007, 06:15 PM
yea im not just some noob who has a fast car that glorifies me.. lol

yea the evo is my favorite one.. ive kept it longer than all the other ones...

and nah i havent crashed yet but i have come close.. i spun my FD and almost lost it in the Evo.. both on dirty spots... but its all good.. :)

i dont know about speeds.. i just hold the gas on the straights an break before the turns....

ilovethatemone
11-23-2007, 07:13 PM
lol.. yeah ^ hes not just some noob with a fast car. haha seen a few turns of his driving before he walked me and seen videos. amazing driver! ahah whats all do you have done to your evo? was it a lot different going from fr to awd?

MoReRyCe
11-23-2007, 10:26 PM
Well right now.. theres too much to list but back when i ran my fastest time i had an evo IX Turbo and buddy club coilovers with 255 40 ra-1's and i think i had a sway at the time... n just bolt ons like exhaust n stuff...

now i have a gt30 and its just too crazy for the mountains...

DOHCtor
11-23-2007, 11:31 PM
I run gmr in 3 minutes........................ starting halfway though lol

MoReRyCe
11-23-2007, 11:43 PM
LOL

ilovethatemone
11-24-2007, 01:25 AM
Well right now.. theres too much to list but back when i ran my fastest time i had an evo IX Turbo and buddy club coilovers with 255 40 ra-1's and i think i had a sway at the time... n just bolt ons like exhaust n stuff...

now i have a gt30 and its just too crazy for the mountains...

damn thats pretty dope how much power do you make now? what do you do now button willow and willow springs?