PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!! What a CAR

NRG
04-20-2006, 07:05 PM
Today I had the luck of driving right next to a brand spanking new 2006 M5 oh boy........That is one bad boy.....The contours are amazing. And if you think 350z exhaust note was cool wait till you hear the M5, you will be speechless.....That car gots some power......I fell in love.... :smitten:

Mr.Evolution8 AKA Mr. Evo
04-20-2006, 07:06 PM
not worth it for the price i say

Miss Evo8
04-20-2006, 07:15 PM
that thing is an over priced POS IMO I spanked the hell...wait there was no competition....at the track on Wed... :mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu:

volcomguy84
04-20-2006, 07:19 PM
m5 are more luxury than track car

NRG
04-20-2006, 07:23 PM
that thing is an over priced POS IMO I spanked the hell...wait there was no competition....at the track on Wed... :mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu:

U spanked it?? *We're not talking about 5 series here....We're talking about the 500hp M5. *Maybe you might of out handled it a bit but then again you're not stock. *Over priced maybe but it is definitely not a POS.....

gofaster87
04-20-2006, 07:24 PM
Yea cant really compare a nice all around car to a one purpose car. Id rather have the bmw for a daily cruiser. The Evo is fun for spirited driving but sucks otherwise.

indianevodriver
04-20-2006, 07:25 PM
m5 are more luxury than track car

+1 its more luxury then performance but i think NRG fell in love with the whole car not just the performance of it.

Miss Evo8
04-20-2006, 07:26 PM

U spanked it?? *We're not talking about 5 series here....We're talking about the 500hp M5. *Maybe you might of out handled it a bit but then again you're not stock. *Over priced maybe but it is definitely not a POS.....

No I know my cars it was an M5....

NRG
04-20-2006, 07:27 PM
With the right setup and right driver, I don't think it would do too bad on a bigger track...

Miss Evo8
04-20-2006, 07:27 PM
Yea cant really compare a nice all around car to a one purpose car. Id rather have the bmw for a daily cruiser. The Evo is fun for spirited driving but sucks otherwise.

maybe when Im old a Beemer will be cool but for now...... Evos for me!

Miss Evo8
04-20-2006, 07:29 PM
With the right setup and right driver, I don't think it would do too bad on a bigger track...

there where some fast cars GT2s, Ferrarri, Aston Martin, Viper, M5 and a Corvette out there....but alas the "cheap" little Evo's made mincemeat out of them......

gofaster87
04-20-2006, 07:30 PM

Yea and if you think its a pos then having no taste must come with being young. At the age of 16 I still had good taste and thought Porsche, bmw and mercedes were nice.

NRG
04-20-2006, 07:30 PM
Most definitely I will not think twice about giving up my evo for that but it would be nice to have both.....The other thing is it really depends on your occupation because in my line of work driving an evo is not too good on impressions especially when its got exahust..

gofaster87
04-20-2006, 07:32 PM

there where some fast cars GT2s, Ferrarri, Aston Martin, Viper, M5 and a Corvette out there....but alas the "cheap" little Evo's made mincemeat out of them......

I also know someone that has a 67 mustang that could spank most evos on the track, mind you Im speaking in the handling department not just the power department. So whats your point?

Miss Evo8
04-20-2006, 07:37 PM

I also know someone that has a 67 mustang that could spank most evos on the track, mind you Im speaking in the handling department not just the power department. So whats your point?

my point is BMWs Mecs etc are not the be all and end all of "great" cars...yeah I know the Evo is....Cheap, poorly made yada yada yada...but it obviously has something special about it or else none of us would have one!

gofaster87
04-20-2006, 07:39 PM

my point is BMWs Mecs etc are not the be all and end all of "great" cars...yeah I know the Evo is....Cheap, poorly made yada yada yada...but it obviously has something special about it or else none of us would have one!

Okay, as long as youre acknowledging the fallibility of the evo.

NRG
04-20-2006, 07:40 PM
well I think the idea is it does not matter whether it is old or new, honda or ford, with the right amount of money spent and a good driver, its anyone's race.....

Miss Evo8
04-20-2006, 07:42 PM

Okay, as long as youre acknowledging the fallibility of the evo.

yes I do...my Hondas where made better...but its perfect as I beat the crap out of it at the track and I've NEVER had more fun in a car

Senshi
04-20-2006, 07:54 PM
the new M5 is an amazing machine but its about looks like shit and prob costs about 20k too much. but i would still rock one in a sec as a daily driver.
miss evo8 i still think you really should give a 125cc kart a try as far as having fun driving its pritty amazing. or any fully built open race car for that matter.

Highrever
04-20-2006, 09:44 PM
The new M5 is the E46 M3 with 4 more cylinders. I like it, I liked my E46 M3, but it wasn't an all out performer. Yes it's FAST and it handles well, but it's not exactly setup for the track, it would be a shame to pay $100k for it and then put 40 G's into suspension and track bits to make it handle like it should, I say just use it what it's for, "Spirited driving" IE Yuppie fun

IS2000
04-20-2006, 10:22 PM
The new M5 is a great all-around car, but I'd take a Porsche 997 Carrera S for the same money.

oct7th1987
04-21-2006, 04:09 PM
how much was the E55? i think the E55 was a little bit cheaper. i'd rather have an E55 over an M5.

Thero
04-21-2006, 04:12 PM
I saw a one today while driving. I would sport one if I was sleeping with 1k bills stuffed into my pellows O0

[p]dOG.
04-26-2006, 04:57 PM
I had a Black M5 tail my ass up the 605N for a few miles and kept getting next to me. I guess he wanted to race so I rolled my back windows down and had my kids give him the finger :2funny:

j_nizzle
04-26-2006, 05:26 PM
dOG. ]
I had a Black M5 tail my ass up the 605N for a few miles and kept getting next to me. I guess he wanted to race so I rolled my back windows down and had my kids give him the finger :2funny:

this is fkn classic!!!

Miss Evo8
04-26-2006, 05:30 PM
dOG. ]
I had a Black M5 tail my ass up the 605N for a few miles and kept getting next to me.* I guess he wanted to race so I rolled my back windows down and had my kids give him the finger* :2funny:

O0

fusionchicken
04-28-2006, 01:50 AM
dOG. ]

what the LOL!!!

EVO Neil
04-28-2006, 05:35 AM

Nice comment/attitude...NOT!

ultraflip
04-28-2006, 06:40 AM
The other thing is it really depends on your occupation because in my line of work driving an evo is not too good on impressions especially when its got exahust..

so true on sooo many levels.... zooming off to a corporate meeting w/ CEO's and CFO's and what not... in a car w/ a bunch of blue bamboo sticks, blue wheels, racing seat, and foldgers can exhaust doesn't look as respectable as the FLMs rolling in MBZ's and BMW's

kipper215
04-28-2006, 07:36 AM

Girl you just got too much skill. I saw a new M% on the freeway a white one. straight cream. the guy was intimidated like he got victimized by an evo. I was nervous to. I drove pass the guy and gave him a nod. the car looked tight. the other time I saw one was when it rained. the guy tried to smash on me and I surprised his ass. he did want to play any more after he couldn't pass me. the car is very impressive but, dam heavy. don't get me wrong I love my evo but, I would take one of those in a second.

ebevo
04-28-2006, 09:33 AM
wh

Girl you just got too much skill. I saw a new M% on the freeway a white one. straight cream. the guy was intimidated like he got victimized by an evo. I was nervous to. I drove pass the guy and gave him a nod. the car looked tight. the other time I saw one was when it rained. the guy tried to smash on me and I surprised his ass. he did want to play any more after he couldn't pass me. the car is very impressive but, dam heavy. don't get me wrong I love my evo but, I would take one of those in a second.

what mods you have and dyno #s? just curious on what it took to put an M5 in it's place

fusionchicken
05-02-2006, 10:34 PM
well kinda OT but kinda not....

today getting on the 405 freeway on Westwood Blvd in LA i ran into an E63 M6. had tints around and a new dealer plate. from the exhaust note i could tell the guy's eager to punch the car in very heavy traffic (i was in 1st gear for a good 30 miles, not fun i tell u).

what a sight, a mother****ing gorgeoue piece of automotive engineering. very very sexy ass.