PDA

View Full Version : Need a shop to push a Trailing arm bushing out

budzik
04-24-2006, 01:46 PM
Is there a shop near to Mission Viejo that if I bring in my trailing arms, they can push out the bushing? Please do not say RRC, I am not going to drive all the way up thereto have a bushing removed.

Thanks

ultraflip
04-24-2006, 02:43 PM
You don't need a tool or a press. Take the arm, jam a peice of 4x4 between the arm and the body to hold it down and wack it with a BFH. Reinstall the same way. It will help to leave the bushings in the freezer for and hour or two. This should work unless i'm missing something here

You don't hammer the metal bar in the center, you hammer the metal ring around the edge. When you buy the new bushings you will understand.

budzik
04-28-2006, 05:15 PM
Seriously, That will work? I'll try it, need to pull out the inner control arm bushing now.

DoCoMo
05-16-2006, 04:55 PM
You don't need a tool or a press. Take the arm, jam a peice of 4x4 between the arm and the body to hold it down and wack it with a BFH. Reinstall the same way. It will help to leave the bushings in the freezer for and hour or two. This should work unless i'm missing something here

You don't hammer the metal bar in the center, you hammer the metal ring around the edge. When you buy the new bushings you will understand.

can we make an appointment at ultraflipamotive for this ?

ultraflip
05-17-2006, 08:10 AM
Seriously, That will work? I'll try it, need to pull out the inner control arm bushing now.

i've done it... lemme know if it works out for you