PDA

View Full Version : Honda Fit

silvery_eagle
04-24-2006, 01:56 PM
I'm looking to get one of this for my gf... what do you guys think? the other name for it in JDM is Honda Jazz if i remember correctly...
around $15k loaded...

EVO Neil
04-24-2006, 02:04 PM
Awesome little car, especially for the money spent.

Macky
04-24-2006, 07:55 PM
i was thinking of one too for my mom O0

kEvo VIII
04-25-2006, 10:00 AM
u can get it supercharged too

silvery_eagle
04-25-2006, 10:04 AM

we'll see...plan to go get a test drive sometimes next month... the car just came out on the 20th i think?
wonder if i can get it for lower than MSRP...

Miss Evo8
04-25-2006, 10:07 AM
cool little car but I am sure the dealers will charge a premium for them because of the gas thing.....

DTunedEvoX
04-25-2006, 10:20 AM
Suzuki Swift GT FTW ...

darkevo
04-25-2006, 11:42 AM
I thought it was a Scion XA at first!! :-P

kEvo VIII
04-25-2006, 12:45 PM

we'll see...plan to go get a test drive sometimes next month... the car just came out on the 20th i think?
wonder if i can get it for lower than MSRP...

Yea.. My buddies work at the hOnda Dealership out here, and they test drove it. Didnt hear anything bad about the car..... I'd rather rock a Fit than a XB.. IMO Not bad of a price either

j_nizzle
04-25-2006, 02:37 PM
pssh...toyota's yaris owns!!!

i would buy a vitz in a heartbeat if they sold it here...

javinsMR
04-25-2006, 10:28 PM
they also have a mugen kit for the fit... looks badass!

IS2000
04-26-2006, 12:03 AM
I like this car, especially the modded ones like this...
http://hondafitdriver.com/Pics/Button/Honda-Fit-Index.jpg

G20
04-26-2006, 12:09 AM
According to Car & Driver, it's slalom number is even better than the corvette. It's an excellent choice for the current gas price situation . It looks good too.

j_nizzle
04-26-2006, 06:50 AM

5zigen had one that they modded like that and sold recently. went for $13000 w/mods!

xEviLxVIIIx
04-26-2006, 07:35 AM
sat in one the other day at a honda dealer. the interior is actually pretty nice, also is sat radio ready and also has optional ipod integration.* pretty good bang for the buck O0

silvery_eagle
04-26-2006, 09:22 AM

5zigen had one that they modded like that and sold recently. went for $13000 w/mods!

NO WAY!
i thought the car just come out like last week only?

j_nizzle
04-26-2006, 02:30 PM

NO WAY!
i thought the car just come out like last week only?

i think it was released in japan 2 years ago or something...they were selling an 04.

silvery_eagle
04-26-2006, 03:30 PM
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FullTests/articleId=109810

Fit for fun and flexibility
By Philip Reed Email
Date posted: 03-30-2006

The 2007 Honda Fit is a triumph of creativity, proof that good ideas don't have to be expensive. Within the Lilliputian dimensions of this five-door hatchback is a world of imagination that knows few limits. It seats four comfortably (five in a pinch), offers great fuel economy (above 33 mpg), and is as easy to live with as your best friend.

Let's daydream for a moment about a world where all the cars are like this little Honda. Picture highways with traffic that flows freely. Imagine twice the number of open parking spaces. And best of all, see gas stations with tumbling fuel prices. That may be a coming attraction if the world catches on to the benefits of small cars.

One more daydream before we move on to specifics: Perhaps the Fit — and other little cars in this segment which are sprouting up like wildflowers — signals the beginning of the end of an era of insanity, that is to say the end of the SUV age. We have nothing against SUVs when used for their intended purpose. But SUVs for image or to give the driver a sense of power and superiority (not to mention a false sense of safety): now that's crazy.

A feeling of space
Judging by the Fit, the new frontier of car design lies not in exterior styling, not in wildly boosted horsepower, but inside the car. And that's where the Fit excels. Look at it from the outside next to a "normal" car, and it looks teeny. But step inside and you'll find that Honda has created space and, more importantly, a feeling of space. We urged a 6-foot, 4-inch friend to sit behind the wheel and his first words were "plenty of headroom, good front legroom."

While drivers rave about the road feel and the awesome sensation of the five-speed manual transmission, Honda is busy promoting the Fit based on its second-row "Magic Seat" design, which effortlessly provides outstanding flexibility. It has four different modes that entail folding the seats this way and that like an origami creation.

The key is a single control on the top side of the front seats that slides the seat forward. No bending, no straining. The front seat slides forward, the backseat folds down without your needing to remove the headrests. When the front seat is moved back in place, the now reclined rear-seat headrests slide neatly under the cushion. Why the heck didn't someone think of that sooner?

With the seats in the conventional position, there is adequate cargo room accessible through the hatchback for say, a week's groceries (21 cubic feet and 23 cubic feet with the seats folded down). In the "long" mode, a 7-foot, 10-inch surfboard can be stowed inside. We took the Fit to Malibu and found a surfer to consult on this vital subject and we were told that the car would definitely appeal to wave riders: "Fold the seats down, throw the board in and boom — you're good to go."

For carrying taller items, the Fit's backseat cushions fold up to give you 50 inches of vertical room, floor to ceiling, because Honda moved the gas tank forward to open up a deeper well. Besides the adaptability of the interior, the front seats are quite comfortable and the fabric is attractive. The backseats were a bit short on thigh support, but the legroom was adequate for smaller passengers. Additionally, there is under-seat storage for backpacks, purses or picnic baskets.

Economy and power
Both trim levels for this front-drive, five-door hatchback (the Fit is offered in base and Sport trim) feature a 1.5-liter, 109-horsepower VTEC four-cylinder engine. Delivering 105 pound-feet of torque at 4,800 rpm, it posted a 9.3-second, 0-60-mph sprint. The EPA estimates it will get 33 mpg in the city and 38 mpg on the highway, but our average for the test period was 32 mpg. Driving the Fit with a five-speed manual transmission revealed a sweet spot of acceleration in the midrange that emerges like a bonus on an already lively engine. While the car seems well insulated and less tinny than other cars in this class, at about 80 mph in 5th, the engine is revving up around 3,500 rpm and makes its presence known.

A huge favorite of ours was the meaty feel and action of the manual shifter. The action is precise, well defined and pleasing. The Fit Sport is also available with a five-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters that we drove briefly at a press event. Thanks to the non-sequential drive-by-wire throttle control, the automatic almost seemed to have more zip than the manual. The rubber-backed shift paddles were pleasing to the touch and added a new dimension to the driving experience. The paddles can be used to initiate a shift even in the fully automatic mode; the transmission returns to full automatic after holding the gear for a period of time.

One editor criticized the small size of the fuel tank (only 10.8 gallons), noting that frequent fill-ups will make the owner feel it is not as fuel-efficient as promised. Depending on the driver's style, however, the range could still be as high as 350 miles (a Fit with an automatic transmission is estimated to get 31-37 mpg) — not bad for a car with a base price of $14,400 with the manual. The base Fit with an automatic transmission is $15,200; the Fit Sport with manual transmission is $15,720; and the Fit Sport with an automatic is $16,520 (all prices include the $550 destination charge).

Standard safety features
As if anticipating safety concerns from U.S. buyers, Honda has provided two key features standard on both the base and Sport models. Both trim levels come with four-wheel antilock brakes and side curtain airbags. The ABS operation was loud but the pedal feel was good, especially considering it comes with rear drum brakes (and front discs). Braking distances were exceptional, with the Fit stopping from 60 mph in as little as 123 feet. The use of high-tensile-strength steel on 36 percent of the Fit's unibody frame has kept the curb weight low — only 2,471 pounds (on the Sport with a manual transmission).

Honda's attention to safety is well-placed; Americans tie their egos — as well as their feelings of safety — to the sheer size of the vehicle. The bigger and heavier car will usually win in a head-to-head contest. However, Honda engineers are confident the Fit will win a five-star rating from the NHTSA on a front crash. Furthermore, they expect a "Good" rating from the IIHS in both the offset-frontal and side-impact tests.

Handles like a champ
The Fit drove like a champ, with quick steering and exquisite road feel. These impressions were confirmed on the track, where it slipped through the slalom in 6.1 seconds at 67.5 mph. The Fit felt stable and well balanced, and provided good feedback to the driver. It was about as much fun as you could have in a thrifty little car. Not only that, but the sporty handling didn't sacrifice comfort; it provided a pleasing, comfortable ride.

Matters of comfort, convenience and personal preference
The operation of the heating and air-conditioning system was the essence of simplicity. Three big knobs, conveniently located, were easy to use and provided all the combinations that drivers and passengers need to keep them comfortable. Similarly, the radio and CD player are stylish yet straightforward, and the system delivered impressive sound quality. A separate auxiliary input jack provides connection to an MP3 player, and the CD player in the Sport allows MP3 and WMA playback.

The build quality of our preproduction Fit Sport was impressively tight, with great attention to detail. Our only problem came with a pesky hatch that needed to be closed twice to catch properly. The materials throughout were high-quality and pleasing to the touch. Controls were nicely weighted, giving a feeling of durability and value.

Final Fit words
Honda has put so much fun in this Fit that it arrives like a breath of fresh air in an era of dwindling resources on a congested landscape of clogged roads and packed parking lots. How nice to see that the 2007 Honda Fit and some others (Nissan's Versa, Scion's xA and xB, and Toyota's Yaris) are cars built for the new millennium. While an SUV spills outside the dimensions of its parking space like a fat man in an airline seat, any space is an opportunity for a Fit. We guess you could say that, for many car buyers, this car will be a great fit.

j_nizzle
04-26-2006, 08:54 PM
http://5zigenusa.com/proracer.html

scroll down to the fit parts...the kit looks sweet!

Howie
04-28-2006, 11:30 AM
I was at the honda dealer last weekend, didn't see any markup on those little things. I think they get almost 40MPG.... oh and I believe you can do a K20 motor swap pretty easily.

Tarmac02
04-29-2006, 05:03 AM
I want one as a daily,.... but I'm trying to bribe the wifey into one.

Miss Evo8
04-29-2006, 07:21 AM
I'm trying to bribe myself into one.....$62.00 yesterday to fill up my truck :'(

Macky
04-29-2006, 09:11 AM
I want one as a daily,.... but I'm trying to bribe the wifey into one.

+1

that seems like a reasonable dd

j_nizzle
05-01-2006, 09:32 PM
http://speedoptions.com/features/cars.php?carID=109

javinsMR
05-01-2006, 10:46 PM
too bad it's not stick

G20
05-01-2006, 10:48 PM
too bad it's not stick

Yes! It comes with a 5-speed manual and option for automatic.

CubanEvo
05-02-2006, 11:46 AM
i love the Spoon Fit....that thing is f**king crazy on the track

Chris in SD
05-02-2006, 01:27 PM
The hottest one is the Spoon Sports Fit race car...

RallyWRX
07-03-2006, 11:45 AM
screw the fit! honda dealer's are trying to rape you for at least $1000 over MSRP! its a nice car and all, but for $17,000 or more, you can get a lot more car for the money elsewhere. besides, the engine is utterly gutless... a yaris will out accelerate it with ease, by the way. i've been trying to buy one before it even came out, but the dealer mark up is just insane... i'd rather put the money into an EVO! :)

Dagul
07-03-2006, 11:58 AM
Pricewise, a Yaris is a lot more attractive starting at 10K and some change... If honda stopped charging as much of a premium as most dealerships down here do to the EVO, it might be worth considering for a daily driver. I've seen a couple dealerships charging as much as 3K ~ $4K on top of MSRP based on color...

j_nizzle
07-03-2006, 02:43 PM
Pricewise, a Yaris is a lot more attractive starting at 10K and some change... If honda stopped charging as much of a premium as most dealerships down here do to the EVO, it might be worth considering for a daily driver. I've seen a couple dealerships charging as much as 3K ~ $4K on top of MSRP based on color...

toyota FTW...the yaris and my favorite compact toyota, the vitz, share the same motor...blitz has a super charger kit out and you can order forged internals for the blocks from TRD. granted you'd only be making 160whp at best, it'd be a fun upgrade if i could wipe my ass with $

Chris in SD
07-03-2006, 10:33 PM
The Fit Sport in metallic orange w/the paddle shifters would be my pick. I REALLY like this car...

fusionchicken
07-08-2006, 08:00 PM
my father just got one.

sports model AT (it's better for him, MT is too much)

i drove it a lot already (15 hrs +). it's such a smooth and comfortable car. the handling may surprise some of u as well; it certainly surprised me.

car and driver did a comparison test among the Fit and Yaris and Versa etc. and the Fit is came out first. better ride quality, interior design, transmission, acceleration (0-60 mph MT is 2 sec. faster than AT, 1.5 sec faster than Paddle Shifter) and handling (6mph faster slalom speed than 2nd best handling car in its class).

i love driving that little car. wonder where all the interior roominess came from for such a small car. the magic seat is also really nice; u can fit a crapload of things into that lil car.

Dagul
07-08-2006, 09:54 PM
Yeah, but all that goodness comes with a hefty pricetag... Drop the price and they can profit just as much by selling in volume... And maybe then, more people would be willing to buy those...

silvery_eagle
07-08-2006, 11:32 PM
my father just got one.

sports model AT (it's better for him, MT is too much)

i drove it a lot already (15 hrs +). it's such a smooth and comfortable car. the handling may surprise some of u as well; it certainly surprised me.

car and driver did a comparison test among the Fit and Yaris and Versa etc. and the Fit is came out first. better ride quality, interior design, transmission, acceleration (0-60 mph MT is 2 sec. faster than AT, 1.5 sec faster than Paddle Shifter) and handling (6mph faster slalom speed than 2nd best handling car in its class).

i love driving that little car. wonder where all the interior roominess came from for such a small car. the magic seat is also really nice; u can fit a crapload of things into that lil car.
where did he get his? recommended? good price? let me know O0

ZEVO
07-11-2006, 12:21 AM
The Fit is really nice ride. You have to get used to the style but the handling is good and the performance is descent. I was surprised with the acceleration coming from a 1.8L 109HP engine. The paddle shifters is a really nice idea. My dealership where I work at has no 3K or 4K markup. The Fit Base model is about 18K because it has 1500K markup and its accesorized up the ass. The Fit Sport is about 20K. Again, let me know if you guys are interested.

C-Spec
07-11-2006, 12:23 AM
i want one

silvery_eagle
07-11-2006, 09:28 AM
The Fit is really nice ride. You have to get used to the style but the handling is good and the performance is descent. I was surprised with the acceleration coming from a 1.8L 109HP engine. The paddle shifters is a really nice idea. My dealership where I work at has no 3K or 4K markup. The Fit Base model is about 18K because it has 1500K markup and its accesorized up the ass. The Fit Sport is about 20K. Again, let me know if you guys are interested.

that's still quite some mark up... pm me your dealership info or where is it located i'll go check it out if it's nearby

RgistRdShowoffIX
07-12-2006, 01:01 AM
Looks like something fun to own. ;p

I personally like the Yaris more tho. haha It's kinda cute looking. And the gas spider commercial's hilarious. =D

ZEVO
07-12-2006, 07:15 AM
We are out of Fit Sport but I will let you guys know when we get them.

StealthRS
07-25-2006, 08:29 PM
I wouldn't rock it but its JDM and so its better then a xA and Matrix

j_nizzle
07-25-2006, 10:29 PM

wtf? the xA is all over japan. dont know about the matrix but how is the fit anymore jdm than almost any small japanese compact?

StealthRS
07-25-2006, 11:07 PM

wtf? the xA is all over japan. dont know about the matrix but how is the fit anymore jdm than almost any small japanese compact?

i really don't know much about the xA being in japan all i know is the xB. sorry about the mix up. the matrix was just in the mix cus i figured it was small also

mangoes
07-26-2006, 09:20 PM
the matrix was made in canada and some toyota plant somewhere in the US, its not jdm at all =(

also, if u notice, the pontiac vibe is basically the toyota matrix =).

j_nizzle
07-26-2006, 10:01 PM
the matrix was made in canada and some toyota plant somewhere in the US, its not jdm at all =(

also, if u notice, the pontiac vibe is basically the toyota matrix =).

toyota has took the best selling american cars and stop making them for the japanese market because no one buys them over there. save for a few cars. many of the toyota models arent jdm. rx330 and newer, matrix, the new es...