PDA

View Full Version : I GOT ROLLED TONIGHT...

TrickedOutEVOVIII
04-24-2006, 09:40 PM
well, on my way back home from the 909 meets, which was oblivious cuz no one showed up but shaun and i...so i was already pissed. so im on my way home driving south on the 15 freeway. i have to pass the 91 intersection to get to magnolia which is my exit. not even a moment after i pass the 91 interchange, this rice rocket flies by me at what felt like way over 100 mph!!! it nearly gave me a heart attack...and my car is damn loud, but i was just cruising at about 70 or so. i look up at the car and it looked like an integra or something with one of those ugly ass park bench spoilers on it. im like, this guy is insane, and the freeway was pretty heavily congested as it was about 8pm. anyhow, im about to exit magnolia and i look into my rear view mirror and what do i see?????? the delightful blue and red lights of our local freindly california highway patrol motorcycle. im like oh great, another exhaust ticket...CRAPPPPPPP! so he gets out of the car and approaches me, by this time ive already got all my stuff (license, reg, ins) ready for him. this guy puts both hands on my door and begins screaming at me like ive committed murder!!! he scared me initially cuz i didnt expect it. im like sir, sir, calm down...why are you screaming at me?? he said, if you saw someone almost sideswiping traffic and making unsafe lane changes at well above 100 mph you'd be screaming at that person too!!! i was like..........WTFFFFFF???!?!?!?!
me: officer, i think you've made a terrible mistake
officer: no, youre the one whos made a terrible mistake, and by the time im done with you, this car and your license wont be of any use
me: no no really, officer, you've got the wrong guy...this isnt even a honda!
officer: dont try to pull that bullshit with me, ive heard that hundreds of times...
me: no officer, this time its true...you really really are mistaken
officer: ill be right back...

so about 20 minutes go by and he comes back with a ticket...guess for what?? haha

count 1: speeding in excess of 100 mph, clocked speed: approx. 110mph!
count 2: unsafe lane changes (multiple)
count 3: modified exhaust
all marked NO under correctable!

so again, i begin pleading with this guy that what he's doing isnt fair and that, for the 100th time, he's mistaken!! he wouldnt hear it at all. so finally realizing im actually getting written a ticket for something i didn't even do...i became defensive and rude. long story short we were both standing beside my car on the 15 freeway in the dirt arguing and barking at each other for about 30 min or so. finally he tells me to just sign it and that it doesnt mean im admitting guilt. so i signed it, and i said ill see your ass in court, sir.

NOW...i always refrain from using profane language towards officers of the law because i have relatives and friends that have jobs of this nature, BUT this time you really gotta give me a break!! WTF, a honda???? not only is that an insult, but my car looked nothing like it...even as it was zipping by for god's sake, someone shoot me now!! i will make a statement right now, but a very clear one. i hate that SOME cops have to be dickheads. dont they say never to pull someone over unless you are 100% sure that someone has commited an infraction/misdemeanor and you witnessed it?? jesus, if he wasnt sure it was me, why even bother?????? was he that far back on his quota?? im not gonna say fq cops, cuz ive already mentioned why...but i will say fq officer @@##$$# for doing what he did to me tonight and causing me to miss several hours of my life dedicating it to proving my innocence.

whats pissing me off is that when i go to court...the judge is going to take his side, and i know he will cuz thats just what judges do. how the hell am i gonna get out of this??? i feel like a real injustice has been committed tonight and it scares me that im gonna take the fall for someone elses irresponsibility for human life.

T

javinsMR
04-24-2006, 09:47 PM
damn, that is just wrong!!!!! :tickedoff:
i hope this gets resolved bro... it's not fair on your part...

909Evo
04-24-2006, 10:04 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Terrick. I'm not really sure what action should be taken on your part right now, other than you would want to seek counseling. If your case gets dismissed, I imagine the court fee's would too.

I'll ask around to see what the best course of action is for someone who gets wrongly accused, but that really does suck. Naturally I would go with the whole "It was dark, and someone operrating a motorcycle could not possibly pay the attention of detail required to observe which vehicle it would have been." I would also go as far as to say "If I passed you doing 100, why did you pull behind me when I was doing the flow of traffic at 70."

If you are REALLY up against a wall, I might even go as far as to get pictures on the freeway of cars driving away at night. Get my drift? All you would have would be rear shots, make them a little blurred to simulate a motorcycle riders view. Now ask him to positively Identify the make of the vehicle in the pictures. If he can't tell the difference from a honda and a mitsu... BAM, you got him.

Like I said though, I'll ask around.

TrickedOutEVOVIII
04-24-2006, 10:06 PM
thanx bro...ill take any help i can get at this point!!

T

darkevo
04-24-2006, 10:18 PM
The pics seems like a good idea, can't hurt.* Aren't you supposed to be arrested for going over 100mph?* Maybe the fact that he didn't arrest you shows he wasn't 100% sure.* Do you remember what Honda and color?* Maybe find some pics of them showing how sometimes they try to look like our EVO's.* Anyway a bad situation,** :idiot2:* I hope it goes your way!

EVOate909
04-24-2006, 10:26 PM
OMG..that fukkin sucks!!!!
im pretty sure the judge will take the cop's side like always....

man of the reason i took off my wing

bogey8
04-24-2006, 10:49 PM
I'm taking my wing off this week. Usually black Evos don't get noticed but that really sucks that cop mistaken your Evo for a honda. Good luck with this Terrick, and hope you get it dismissed.

SpdyEvo02
04-24-2006, 10:51 PM
man that really sucks...i hope everything works out for you...one reason why i love not having any wing even though i have carbon fiber at night it all blends in

TrickedOutEVOVIII
04-24-2006, 11:00 PM
i really dont know what to expect at all...i feel like my fate is in someone elses hands...its really unfair. i dont know what to do or where to go from here.

T

silvery_eagle
04-25-2006, 12:37 AM
did you get his badge number etc?
report his ass...
file a complaint etc.

DsmDriver
04-25-2006, 08:54 AM
DAMN........LOL man that sucks..I thought the story was funny in the begining but then you still got the ticket...I thougt he would have caught his mistake, BUT NO what a monkey...

silvery_eagle
04-25-2006, 08:57 AM
by the way.... what color is your car?

Absinthe
04-25-2006, 09:04 AM
ouch that really sucks, one BIG down side to the evo you get lumped with every ricer hack

Terry S
04-25-2006, 09:10 AM
Isn't there a freeway video system right there at the 15 & the 91..

www.sigalert.com

Terry S

DsmDriver
04-25-2006, 09:15 AM
terry u so smart

Absinthe
04-25-2006, 09:24 AM
Isn't there a freeway video system right there at the 15 & the 91..

www.sigalert.com

Terry S

wow, nice work terry, CLoser you need an attorney likely you'll need to subpoena (sp?) those tapes.

Terry S
04-25-2006, 09:35 AM
wow, nice work terry, CLoser you need an attorney likely you'll need to subpoena (sp?) those tapes.

Yep, definitly need an attorney for the subpoena.

Terry S

tlcrox
04-25-2006, 10:33 AM
Get a lawyer. It will cost some money, but not getting a lawyer will cost a lot more. You can't go to court alone.

gen4k20a2
04-25-2006, 10:44 AM
wow that is HARSH!

I would for SURE get a lawyer. Make sure he files a complaint with the department that this officer came from. Thats outrageous that he didnt even want to hear you out.

good luck with this...you may need it

itsnino
04-25-2006, 11:11 AM
fuck the police! good luck terrick

yooyooyoo
04-25-2006, 11:31 AM
Check to see if the officer was rolling with onboard video. Check to see if he actually witnessed the car making the violations or if it was a 911 call or someone else calling in to complain.

I'd also write everything down that you remember about the incident. I know it sounds stupid, but if you do get a lawyer and this does go to court, you'll be asked to remember details. Sometimes these things take years to even get to court.

The ticket will contain all the details on the officers name and they should have logs of which officers were driving which cars.

If the officer gave a ticket for speeding, ask him how he estimated the speed of the offending vehicle. Verify that the method of measurement was accurate, for example, if using a radar gun, when was it calibrated. If using the speedometer, when was the speedometer calibrated.

I'd also suggest getting a lawyer. Watch out b/c the lawyer will be charging you for his time which can be costly. I deal with them all the time and I still haven't found a very good way to manage them.

TrickedOutEVOVIII
04-25-2006, 01:04 PM
thank you all so much for your support, we've got a family lawyer and i gave him a call and told him about what happened this morning.

yoyoyo: the officer was on a motorcycle, last i heard they dont use onboard video. maybe he did have one, you never know. how do i check if he actually witnessed or if it was a 911 call. he said that he wrote 110mph on the ticket but "i was going way faster than that cuz you were pulling away from me at that speed." so it was an estimation on his part.

the badge number and name are all recorded and my lawyer should be filing a complaint about the officer as we speak.

again thanx for all your support, ill keep you all updated as information becomes available

T

Terry S
04-25-2006, 02:29 PM
thank you all so much for your support, we've got a family lawyer and i gave him a call and told him about what happened this morning.

yoyoyo: the officer was on a motorcycle, last i heard they dont use onboard video. maybe he did have one, you never know. how do i check if he actually witnessed or if it was a 911 call. he said that he wrote 110mph on the ticket but "i was going way faster than that cuz you were pulling away from me at that speed." so it was an estimation on his part.

the badge number and name are all recorded and my lawyer should be filing a complaint about the officer as we speak.

again thanx for all your support, ill keep you all updated as information becomes available

T

You might want to check out the local honda boards too for some idiot posting up how an evo got tagged for his speeding..

Terry S

gen4k20a2
04-25-2006, 04:17 PM
+1

909Evo
04-25-2006, 07:00 PM
You might wanna call his station tonight, ask to speak to his watch commander or sergeant and give them your side of the story. I mean, it probably won't pan out, but its worth a shot, and if it gets dismissed by the Sgt. for free.... hell, free beats expensive.

Macky
04-25-2006, 07:37 PM
keep us updated with what happens...

TrickedOutEVOVIII
05-02-2006, 03:11 AM
hey guyz...i havent had a chance to meet with my lawyer yet but i was getting together some notes on what im going to compile as evidence because what im trying to do at the trial would be to overwhelm the judge with evidence or supporting documentation or facts that will support my side of the story. i just wanted to get everyone elses take on things that i could use. ive got my own ideas but i couldnt help but think that im probably missing some things, so thats why im here asking you guys. what do you think i should include with my case?? ive got some ideas like the officer's vision requirements while on duty, video, pictures comparing the rear of my car and the rear of many other vehicles at night with moderate traffic conditions, etc... let me know guyz, the more help i can get with this bullshit, the better.

T

Mister
05-02-2006, 08:13 AM
Terrible to hear! I hope everything works out for you.

itsnino
05-02-2006, 11:19 AM
dont forget the cajones man. present your evidence like you got a pair! good luck!!!

Chris in SD
05-02-2006, 01:20 PM
You might wanna call his station tonight, ask to speak to his watch commander or sergeant and give them your side of the story. I mean, it probably won't pan out, but its worth a shot, and if it gets dismissed by the Sgt. for free.... hell, free beats expensive.

This is what you should do when you have a combative officer or a situation where they are clearly wrong. Request the supervisor and he'll (or she) will come out.

MrBubbler
05-02-2006, 01:51 PM
make sure to ask the cop in court if he got the license of the car speeding while he tagged it with the radar. and how he tagged the car. I would also bring up the point that if the car was speeding in acess of 110 mph wouldnt the car have been alot farther along in traffic then you were? dunno just my .02 sorry you gotta deal with this lame shit.

jas0n
05-10-2006, 11:49 PM
Make sure the lawyer is one that works with criminal defense and have experience with these situations. I know this because I recently got my car impounded and I was arrested for supposidly street racing.

vr6t
05-28-2006, 04:40 PM
wow...what a pain in the ass...Hope all goes well for you!

lznk41
05-31-2006, 12:37 AM
ah my god i just read this and im just blood red furious. this is the reason why i HATE the police. ive had NUMEROUS accounts with the police where they just are plain and flat out rude, arrogant, and just plain dumb. i hope ALL goes well with u terrick and that this officer gets the stick of dynamite up his ass that he deserves.

off topic but when my car got vandalized, what pissed me off the most was when the officer was getting a report of the damage and everything, he asks, "how fast is this car? u have fun in it yet?" i was like OMG WTF?! the car was 1 day old with 140 miles on it and it wasnt even broken in. goes to show how LAME and jsut plain RUDE cops (pigs) can be.

NMREJ6
05-31-2006, 12:46 PM
i didn't even finish reading man pisses me off :tickedoff: , some of those guys/gals make everyone angry at some point in our lives. :tickedoff:

hope everything gets cleared up in court

TrickedOutEVOVIII
05-31-2006, 01:16 PM
thanx for all the support guys...we're anxiously awaiting the court date: june 27th!

T

r0me0ne
05-31-2006, 02:53 PM
wtf..thats messed up...

TrickedOutEVOVIII
06-07-2006, 02:42 PM
ok guys...i just got the ticket (courtesy notice) in the mail today and the info of the car and lisence plate is wrong. the year is incorrect, but the make and model is correct. my lisence plate number is completely wrong. they've got my name/address correct though. it states mandatory appearance and wont state the amount of the citation. im guessing that's bad news!!

3 counts: 22348B - exceeding 100mph
21658A - unsafe lane change
27151A - modified exhaust

can anything be done about the wrong information?? ive made an apointment with my lawyer to go in this week to talk to him and prepare for my date...of course im going to plead not guilty!! i have a really bad feeling about all this.

T

MrBubbler
06-07-2006, 03:12 PM
im under the opinion if any of the citations information is incorrect the ticket is no longer valid and will be thrown out. i would ask your lawyer as soon as possible about this.

gevo
06-07-2006, 07:48 PM
im under the opinion if any of the citations information is incorrect the ticket is no longer valid and will be thrown out. i would ask your lawyer as soon as possible about this.
I think that invalidating a citation for incorrect info is up to the judge/commisioner that hear's your case. When I got my ticket for 100mph+ the chp officer put the wrong fwy. My lawyer said that was a small technicality that the judge would probably overlook. Luckily for me when the court date came up the officer didn't show up.

Gear Grinder
06-07-2006, 07:52 PM
I have a really good lawyer if you wan't his #. He is very expensive, but well worth it.

*chris*
06-09-2006, 10:15 AM

This is what you should do when you have a combative officer or a situation where they are clearly wrong. Request the supervisor and he'll (or she) will come out.

wow ....good info chris. i did not know this. O0

good luck man ...seriously, very disconcerting about the nature of police. hope all goes well.

redteam22003
06-21-2006, 09:08 AM
bump for info "coming soon"

drmosh
06-21-2006, 03:21 PM
Usually speeds in excess of 100mph is mandatory suspension for 30 days.

Make sure you fight this thing to the end. Any reasonable doubt such as darkness, type of car, etc the case will have to be dismissed. Subpeona all evidence you can, cops record, etc.

GokuSSJ4
06-22-2006, 10:00 AM
Usually speeds in excess of 100mph is mandatory suspension for 30 days.

Make sure you fight this thing to the end. Any reasonable doubt such as darkness, type of car, etc the case will have to be dismissed. Subpeona all evidence you can, cops record, etc.

thats the main reason why the ticket will only allow you a court appearance..

llxzxll
06-22-2006, 01:32 PM
good luck bro.

banananut
06-28-2006, 09:34 PM
+1 On having the Supervisor come out. Good luck on your ticket. I've had, and still have, my fun with johnny law when I am not doing anything and it is annoying every time. Definitely get a lawyer or something because that ticket could most likely get your license suspended.

oneslwevo
07-06-2006, 09:18 PM
I got rolled last night by Maywood Pd And they said the reason they pulled me over cuz of my plates were expired but they weren't i had them renewed so they took my plates and the fucked up part was that they were hitting my car to roll my passenger window down but but since i have a RS it takes a bit and he made a big dent on my rear Quarter panel near the roof and then i asked him a question and he pulled his gun on me what should i do help!!!!..

High_PSI
07-25-2006, 12:00 PM
Basically you need to cross examine the Police Officer in court. If I were you just kill the officer, no witness, no crime.

Chris in SD
07-25-2006, 01:09 PM
Basically you need to cross examine the Police Officer in court. If I were you just kill the officer, no witness, no crime.

Wow - clever - you must be an attorney.... :roll: (Pssssst... AL is an attorney, errr, or was until he was disbarred)

thisxguy
07-25-2006, 01:19 PM
take that cop to court.

what question did you ask him?

oneslwevo
07-25-2006, 08:48 PM
i Only asked him to look at My Registration so he could see that my registration Was renewed .. i went to talk to his sargent and he said he would take care of it and told me to fiel a claim to maywood city hall and told me to file a report on the cop, yeah i had two witnesses two of my buddys that were with me...

High_PSI
07-25-2006, 08:53 PM
You have NO idea how much this upsets me. A proper lawyer could bring up reasonable doubt because the cop won't be able to keep his story straight unless he lies.

oneslwevo
07-25-2006, 08:56 PM
How do i take him to court?

speedracer2169
07-25-2006, 09:00 PM
well you need to file a complaint so that IA can take a look into it. Did you get his business card or his supervisors card? were you issued a citation?

oneslwevo
07-25-2006, 09:03 PM
Yeah i got a citation and yeah i know his supervisor il get a card...

speedracer2169
07-25-2006, 09:04 PM
do us a favor and start a new thread so that we dont clutter up this one and give us all the details

oneslwevo
07-25-2006, 09:06 PM
the citation they gave me was for supposedly having expired tags and he also harrased us he told us that if he saw us in maywood he would shoot us or impound anycar we have and would arrest us...

oneslwevo
07-25-2006, 09:06 PM
alright..

JDMevoracer
09-27-2006, 12:11 PM
cops sucks bro.

kimletrim
09-27-2006, 12:41 PM
^^^So when are we gonna see some parts for sale?

boostin05evo
09-27-2006, 12:43 PM
dude this happend like months ago :2funny:

Dagul
09-27-2006, 12:57 PM
^^^So when are we gonna see some parts for sale?

We should have the mods make a "n00b with intent to sell" section... That's the 3rd or 4th one this week... :2funny:

TrickedOutEVOVIII
09-27-2006, 01:08 PM
hahahahah thats hilarious. which reminds me, my trial for this is on october 6th!

T

TravisP
10-05-2006, 05:27 PM
if i know anyone in your area ill try and find out

but same thing happened to me. i drive an 06 stang, just enjoying my time doin about 75. another yellow stang (older generation) flew past me doing the exact same thing, but pulled me over cause he couldnt catch the guy..

didn't argue, but theres a place out here in vegas that takes ANY speeding ticket to a parking ticket for 50 bucks guaranteed. 45 mph in a school zone (15 mph) taken to a parking ticket :D

PaleHorse
10-21-2006, 07:13 AM
*bump*

Any updates?