PDA

View Full Version : Any good advice for my trial?

Evolution22plus1
04-25-2006, 01:16 PM
I was just curious to see if any of you had some good advice i can use in court, let fill you in on the case. Like two months ago I had just dropped my GF at home like at 1:30AM so I was on my way home. I live on gilbert and ball in anaheim, so i was going down gilbert to make a right onto ball and the light was red. As i made the turn I did not come to a complete stop and when I turned a cop was coming down ball about to cross my path. So i made the turn at continued I look in the rearview and the cop made flipped a bitch and came after me, so I was gonna make a left onto my block and the cop pulled up behind me and flash his lights. I turned into my block and pulled over. So, the cops (there was two in the car) come up to my window and tell me they pulled me over for not making a complete stop on the right turn with the red light. So they kept me there till like 2:30AM becuase they could not find the violation code. (They could have been arresting a rapist or saving a life but instead they were wasting time on me, and i just wanted to go home :( ) So they finally finish and I leave and just pull into my drive way that was less then a min away. So i got the ticket like two months ago and i asked for an extension, then i went to court to plead not guilty so i have a trial on may 4th. BTW, when i pleaded not guilty the judge said I was charged with failing to yield for a pedestrian (aside from it being 1:30 AM there was no f'n peds).

So I was wondering what you guys had to say, maybe someone can help me out. Thanks!

DsmDriver
04-25-2006, 01:25 PM
ewwwww

SurfEvo
04-25-2006, 03:49 PM
I would double check the vehicle code they wrote on the ticket with the book at the library. If the ticket really is for failing to yield to a pedestrian then you can make an arguement that there was no pedestrian and that the officer could not have seen a pedestrian from the angle he was traveling down the street. Also given that it was 130 the pedestrian would have had to be wearing a bright white shirt with lights and relector in order for the officer to have seen them. You could try doing this in a Trial by Declaration. Also was there anything that would have blocked his vision to where you could have stopped? You could always say you stopped way behind the corner then pulled up to proceed. Well good luck I am sure you can beat it.

nurb2
04-25-2006, 07:24 PM
Don't talk like you write and you might stand half a chance.

-nurb2-

Evolution22plus1
04-25-2006, 07:49 PM
Don't talk like you write and you might stand half a chance.

-nurb2-

i didnt know people checked grammar in these forums (ass)....theres always people who try to be funny......

gen4k20a2
04-25-2006, 09:36 PM
everyone always checks grammer here

909Evo
04-25-2006, 10:09 PM
Could you check your citation and list the V.C. you were cited for? Posting that would be a big help. If they did cite you for failure to yield to a pedestrian, they were stupid, and you should have no problem.

If they cited you for failure to yield to a traffic signal, well, thats what you did, you are guilty.

Mr.Evolution8 AKA Mr. Evo
04-25-2006, 10:14 PM
guilty

Gear Grinder
04-25-2006, 10:17 PM
I would take pictures of the intersection. Then try to show that at that time of night there is no way the cop could of been able to see if you had made a complete stop or not. He was coming from the opposit direction, how can he be sure you didn't stop a few feet back, and then proceed cautiously in to the intersection?

Evolution22plus1
04-26-2006, 11:13 AM
Looks like im gonna take some pics....thanks for the advice everyone...

BlueBooster
04-26-2006, 11:53 PM
everyone always checks grammer here
grammer or grammar? :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

gen4k20a2
04-27-2006, 10:15 AM
sorry grammargh

Evolution22plus1
05-03-2006, 10:43 PM
my trial is tom. and i was looking at the citation paper, the exact date i got the ticket was 1/11/06 @ 1:55 AM. I also found the violation code:

21453(b) CVC – Right Turn on Red Light
A driver, after stopping for a steady circular red signal, may turn right. However, the driver shall yield the right-of-way to pedestrians lawfully within an adjacent crosswalk and to traffic using the cross street.

Motorists will usually be looking away from the corner and toward oncoming traffic as they attempt to turn and merge with traffic on the crossing street. Pedestrians must always look for turning vehicles before stepping off the curb. Make sure that any driver making a right turn sees you. If you are uncertain, wait until the vehicle passes, look again and then cross safely.

Any final tips people? I'm hoping the cop does not show up though...

Evolution22plus1
05-03-2006, 10:45 PM
Damn, i just realized that i got the ticket back when i had my 03' TB EVO VIII, thats a while ago....

DTunedEvoX
05-03-2006, 10:54 PM
Hope they dont show up? lol

1of1000MR
05-03-2006, 11:05 PM
Hope they dont show up? lol

No kidding!

DTunedEvoX
05-03-2006, 11:24 PM
Plead the FIF!

Evolution22plus1
05-04-2006, 03:11 PM