PDA

View Full Version : Canyon Run!!

Jubeik99dc2
04-28-2006, 01:08 PM
Hey all..
just thought id get some of your insite on any tips before i go to GMR.. (Glendora Moutain Road) :twisted:
i going up there this saturday morn around 1030.. i know to watch out for :police: and to be careful obviosly

but any tips on handling the turns would be very much appriciated.
thanks

Blaze
04-28-2006, 01:10 PM
Watch your back end coming off throttle through corners.
You'll appreciate a good sway bar after a spirited canyon drive.

e-autosports
04-28-2006, 01:12 PM
slow down first. and then pick up the speed till you feel comfortable.

you are not racing there.

just have fun!

Jubeik99dc2
04-28-2006, 01:15 PM
whats a good RPM to be in while in a comming up for a turn..
im sooo use to dring FWD cars and understeer n Sh*t.. so im not entirly sure how the evo would resopnd where as a FWD would start to understeer.. what should i expect?

ultraflip
04-28-2006, 01:17 PM
drive the speedlimit... obey traffic laws... as socalevo does not condone street racing

Jubeik99dc2
04-28-2006, 01:18 PM
im not racing anyone.. just enjoying my car..

Blaze
04-28-2006, 01:19 PM
whats a good RPM to be in while in a comming up for a turn..
im sooo use to dring FWD cars and understeer n Sh*t.. so im not entirly sure how the evo would resopnd where as a FWD would start to understeer.. what should i expect?

Here's a suggestion, "Initial-Evo".

Maybe it's a good idea if you learn how to drive this car on a closed track rather then experimenting/learning in the canyons. There are pleanty of people in the EOC that will help you.

Blaze

nurb2
04-28-2006, 04:45 PM
Slow in, fast out.

I agree with Blaze though. If you don't know how fast to enter corners you might want to think twice about tackling that road ...

-nurb2-

Miss Evo8
04-28-2006, 05:03 PM
Hey all..
just thought id get some of your insite on any tips before i go to GMR.. (Glendora Moutain Road) :twisted:
i going up there this saturday morn around 1030..* i know to watch out for* :police: and to be careful obviosly

thanks

Your name is not Takumi.....you can die up there or kill someone else....especially if you are not used to the car. My suggestion....and speaking from experience...GMR is NOT the road to "try" stuff on...try a turtles pace and get a feel for your car....and like Blaze mentioned try an open coursr track day..or better yet try the Buttonwillow PDC they can teach you a bit about driving/ breaking fundementals..... be safe! and yes SoCal Evo does not condone street/ canyon racing!

EVOL EDO
04-28-2006, 05:19 PM
Hey all..
i going up there this saturday morn around 1030.. i know to watch out for :police: and to be careful obviosly

thanks

Your name is not Takumi.....you can die up there or kill someone else....especially if you are not used to the car. My suggestion....and speaking from experience...GMR is NOT the road to "try" stuff on...try a turtles pace and get a feel for your car....and like Blaze mentioned try an open coursr track day..or better yet try the Buttonwillow PDC they can teach you a bit about driving/ breaking fundementals..... be safe! and yes SoCal Evo does not condone street/ canyon racing!

+1 my first time up we took it slow on the way up and i almost crashed on the first turn coming down some of the turns go in like they are gonna open up then keep turning and your like crap

TougeFreak
06-14-2006, 01:06 AM
First of all I don't know why you wanna go up there on a Saturday morning there is going to be a lot of traffic. Second do expect more cops in the day time hiding at the rest area. I normally run late at night like 11 or so. It's a fun place except when it rains and get foggy . Also expect snow on the top(super rare) and the rocks on the road.

Blaze
06-14-2006, 07:47 AM
Wow.

Way to chime in two months after the fact.

lmao....

TougeFreak
07-02-2006, 01:47 PM
Wow.

Way to chime in two months after the fact.

lmao....

opps hahaha

DTunedEvoX
07-02-2006, 01:51 PM
LOL all you know he fell off a mtn already =X