PDA

View Full Version : Damnit....he finally nabbed me.

Luscious
05-03-2006, 12:29 PM
For those of you who drive through/around Diamond Bar, you probably know this guy. A Sheriff Motorcycle cop, always hanging out anywhere from around the In N Out at the intersection of Grand & Golden Springs, and all along Gorlden Springs Blvd to Temple Ave. I ALWAYS see this guy, as this is along my commute route. I have learned his favorite ambush spots, and mangaged to avoid him getting me...until yesterday. he got me on laser on Propectors Rd as it travels under the 60. I came around a corner, and boom, the x50 blares the laser warning. Shit, there he is, and shit, it's me, even though there 3 cars ahead of me. He got me for 37 in a 25, and he was pretty cool. He didnt give me any attiitude, just the license, registration & insurance thing, and told me to hold on and would get me going as quick as he could.

Now here's the thing...he picked me out of a line up of 4 cars, me being the last in line as we can around an "S" curve when it goes under the 60. I really wonder how he mangaed to pick me out of there!? I really wasn't paying attention to my speed at the time, but when I looked at my speedo a few seconds after the detector went off, I was doing ~31. How good is my defense for a trial by declaration (which I am going to do anyway) I hear laser radar cases are tough as shit to beat!

WavMixer
05-04-2006, 01:57 PM
I have only 3 words for you...

Trial By Declaration

Luscious
05-04-2006, 02:18 PM
Yup....I already got an extension, pushing it back from June 2nd to August 6th. O0

kcross
05-10-2006, 06:13 PM
id say go to the scene and take a lot of photos of your location, his location, etc. in conjunction with this if you were actually cornering when he tagged you you have a chance. there are lots of studies (even by radar manufactures) about inaccuracy when cornering. you may stand a chance but if at all possible your best bet is to either do traffic school if possible or talk to the prosecuter and have it reduced to a non-moving violation.

philthyevo
06-12-2006, 11:25 AM
next time you see a motorcycle cop have a box of donuts ready and throw it out the window as he's chasing you...that'll help you lose him.

smokd
06-12-2006, 03:21 PM
dude i live in diamond bar too... i noe how u feel except both of my tickets have been on diamond bar blvd.... I HATE COPS MAN!!! haha anyways what color is your car i think i might have seen you around

EVOATEYOU
06-12-2006, 03:34 PM
i live in diamond bar too, i kno exactly where you got your ticket.... its sooo easy to lose your sense of speed when driving on prospectors under the 60 fwy because everyone else speeds too :uglystupid2: good luck with your TBD man!

Liquid-R1
06-13-2006, 10:48 AM
Laser is tough. The beam pattern is a lot tighter than radar. I would find out the distance that he got you at. Perhaps he stated it and find out how wide the beam was. If it was large enough, then you might have a chance. Surprising your detector went off. Usually when they use radar, they aim for your headlights or your license plate since they need something reflective. Also, the darker your car, the harder it is for them to tag you. i.e., a black car, very difficult, which is why they use your headlight or plate...

trinydex
06-14-2006, 05:00 PM
next time you see a motorcycle cop have a box of donuts ready and throw it out the window as he's chasing you...that'll help you lose him.
or get you a littering ticket.