PDA

View Full Version : Bush better do something with this...

Chris in SD
05-08-2006, 03:48 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4983868.stm

To say this is significant is supreme understatement. When the olive branch is extended, the President MUST accept it. To try and get the world "in line" with our desires has been and will continue to be a huge mistake. It's one thing to fight terrorism, it's a completely different thing to impose US policy on other governments. Since 1945, the US has been a steady, moderate, fair government, but our need to dominate the world has caused so many problems it'll take another 20 years to fix it.

Most of you know I wholeheartedly support the President (I think he's been manipulated by certain Cabinet members), but if he throws this offer in the garbage, I won't be able to back him. I can honestly say that I really look forward to a centrist president in the next election. No far right- or left-wingers, please.

Terry S
05-08-2006, 08:44 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4983868.stm

To say this is significant is supreme understatement. When the olive branch is extended, the President MUST accept it. To try and get the world "in line" with our desires has been and will continue to be a huge mistake. It's one thing to fight terrorism, it's a completely different thing to impose US policy on other governments. Since 1945, the US has been a steady, moderate, fair government, but our need to dominate the world has caused so many problems it'll take another 20 years to fix it.

Most of you know I wholeheartedly support the President (I think he's been manipulated by certain Cabinet members), but if he throws this offer in the garbage, I won't be able to back him. I can honestly say that I really look forward to a centrist president in the next election. No far right- or left-wingers, please.

The only thing bush should do with this letter is authorize a "meeting" between the two where a team of snipers can take that jerkwad (iranian prez) out.

And unfortunatly a moderate wont win the next election. it's time for a far left-winger to win. :sigh:

Terry S

Eckolaker
05-08-2006, 09:25 AM
To think Bush "really" runs this country is basically being super ignorant.

Heaven forbid someone in your position chris actually realizes we have been trying to take over the world for years now.

tabio42
05-08-2006, 10:30 AM
Well hopefully there can be a peaceful way to resolve this. Because I don't want America to waste any more money trying to secure a pipeline to oil. I think the Iraq war was very economically tragic. For $300billion we could have been helping develop fusion in France. But I guess it isn't strictly an economic move. The problem is Israel. They have lots of nukes and lots of technology. So if Iran (and consequently the other Arab nations) develops EITHER nuclear weapons OR a sustainable and renewable energy source then they are a threat to America's police force in the area. Because with nuclear power their economy and technology will begin to thrive.

The problem is Israel. Not Jews, not Muslims. Just the country. They need to fucking figure it out or the rest of the world needs to isolate the country until they do.

Iran doesn't want to kill America. Iran wants to kill Israel. Because Israeli Jews kill Muslims. Because Muslims kill Israeli Jews. And so on, in an endless cycle.

itsnino
05-08-2006, 11:13 AM
i just want gas to go down. is that too much to ask for?

silvery_eagle
05-08-2006, 11:27 AM

+1

Terry S
05-08-2006, 12:17 PM

Yup. Sorry.

Until of course we destroy our "in house" terrorist organizations (Greenpeace, Sierra Club, EPA, CARB, General Motors, Labor Unions, Hollywood and LA, Fashion designers, The entire states of New York and New Jersy, NAR & CAR (National/California association of realtors), people who think it's still the 80's, christian hardliners, illegal immigrants, etc..) are abolished.

Terry S

Chris in SD
05-08-2006, 03:24 PM
To think Bush "really" runs this country is basically being super ignorant.* *

Heaven forbid someone in your position chris actually realizes we have been trying to take over the world for years now.

I'm not sure I understand the second part. It's not the Bush administration that is completely at fault, it's a compound situation that has been building over the last 30 years or so. Reagan was the last respected, maybe even feared, President we've had.

As for my naivete, I am well aware of the realities of the world. That is precisely why I suggested that we use this gesture (no matter how vapid) from Iran to make headway, even if it is to build a true, strong coalition against them.

Terry S
05-08-2006, 03:51 PM
To think Bush "really" runs this country is basically being super ignorant.

I'm not sure I understand the second part. It's not the Bush administration that is completely at fault, it's a compound situation that has been building over the last 30 years or so. Reagan was the last respected, maybe even feared, President we've had.

As for my naivete, I am well aware of the realities of the world. That is precisely why I suggested that we use this gesture (no matter how vapid) from Iran to make headway, even if it is to build a true, strong coalition against them.

From the sound of the White House response, it sounds like the letter was a waste of time (as expected)...

Terry S

Chris in SD
05-08-2006, 04:00 PM
From the sound of the White House response, it sounds like the letter was a waste of time (as expected)...

Terry S

Which is what I was afraid of... I understand better than most the need to be firm and resolute, but there's fine line between that and pig-headed. :tickedoff:

Terry S
05-08-2006, 04:08 PM

Terry S

Which is what I was afraid of... I understand better than most the need to be firm and resolute, but there's fine line between that and pig-headed. :tickedoff:

Who do you think is being pig-headed? i'm kinda confused by the post....

Personally, i'm thinking Iran is just trying to stall yet again by acting like the repentant jackass (reminicent of Saddam at all?)

Terry S

Chris in SD
05-08-2006, 06:13 PM
I'm saying the US is being pig-headed about a lot of things. We can't fight the whole world... (plus, I don't speak Farsi ;))

What needs to happen is to use this "offer to negotiate" to our advantage (unlike with Iraq which we went into unilaterally) and compel the other nations who wouldn't benefit from a nuclear Iran to put considerable pressure on them. There are ways of getting it done and the way of being obstinate. I hope that explains what I meant better...

genrec
05-08-2006, 06:54 PM
To think Bush "really" runs this country is basically being super ignorant.* *

I'm not sure I understand the second part.

Chris, the second part is plain and simple. I have stated it in another thread. I am not trying to be a joker, nor am i saying i agree or condone what im about to say. Although i have done alot of reading on it as of late. You can do the homework if you'd like.

But what hes saying has to do with the MASONS/FREEMASONS* the New World Order. it's real and exsists. Our founding fathers were all Masons, the men who wrote and signed our Declaration of Independence and Constitution were MASONS. It was said in the days of George Washington, that the Americas, the 13 colonies will be launching ground of the NWO, a one world governemnt. Like Rome wasn't built in a day, the NWO will take centuries to complete. the MASONS were around centuries before we founded this country, Coming out of the English and scottish colonies, it's even said to go back further into eqyptian times.

There is to much to type..but look at all world wars, we have kicked major ass, established bases and occupied the lands in which we kicked ass, except for???? You got it, most of the middle east. Isreal is our major base of operations, and we have some surrounding small countries, we are there for oil ( how else does the strongest military in the world operate w/out oil???) but more importantly to get a strong hold on the middle east.* After that only 1 left. China. maybe not in outr lifetimes, but once China is taken control of ..the NWO will be complete. We have everyone else already eating from our palms, bases everywhere, and the 1 world government be controlling all........ maybe a fairty tale??? Maybe not???

Chris in SD
05-08-2006, 07:04 PM
I've read "Behold a Pale Horse"... I know all about the Trilateral Commission, the Masons, etc. ad nauseum.

This is not relevant - they would not have predicted Iran with nukes, etc. The whole thing you are talking about is the ages-old issue of haves and have-nots. The rich get richer, etc. etc. etc. blah blah. Old money will ALWAYS influence governments, it is not a conspiracy beyond people trying to hang onto said old money.

I have researched it...

FWIW, I posted this in hopes that this administration would come back toward center.

genrec
05-08-2006, 08:01 PM
I've read "Behold a Pale Horse"... I know all about the Trilateral Commission, the Masons, etc. ad nauseum.

This is not relevant - they would not have predicted Iran with nukes, etc. The whole thing you are talking about is the ages-old issue of haves and have-nots. The rich get richer, etc. etc. etc. blah blah. Old money will ALWAYS influence governments, it is not a conspiracy beyond people trying to hang onto said old money.

I have researched it...

FWIW, I posted this in hopes that this administration would come back toward center.

Ok...i leave this type of rhetoric out. but don't hope on this administration coming back to center. It's too late, and they have been to far gone since 9/11. They are in a whole so deep , there is no getting out. As a matter of fact they have put this country as a whole into a whole so deep there is no getting out. Me personally, i will ride out the storm where the rest of ya, and HOPE in 2008 we get some minorly descent people running for office. No wacked out hippies, and no rambo minded neo-cons..........is there anybody left???

Chris in SD
05-09-2006, 03:12 AM
...HOPE in 2008 we get some minorly descent people running for office. No wacked out hippies, and no rambo minded neo-cons..........is there anybody left???

This is EXACTLY my point. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

blacksrt4
05-09-2006, 03:21 AM
If US goes to war with Iran it will be a waste of money and lives, just like Iraq.

What did we accomplish from the Iraq war? People will say well we got sadam out. Ok he was not a threat to being with. Ok we got oil. Look at the gas prices, no oil has come out of Iraq. When US invaded Iraq, Iraq had 300 million barrels of oil ready to go. Where did they go?

If you look back into history having Nuclear power gives you security and safety from bigger and stronger countries. If Iran already had Nuclear energy and nuclear bombs we would not be talking about a war with Iran right now. Why dose US not go after North Korea?

In the past India hated Pakistan and India having a bigger military could not go into Pakistan because of the nuclear bombs. All Iran IMO is trying to do is get safety from US or any other countries that may try to invade it. I highly doubt Iran will bomb Israel, because Israel is surrounded by Muslim countries. I highly believe if they did try to bomb Israel all the Muslims countries around the world will stand up against Iran.

I think there are better ways to resolve this matter, then just saying ok if you do not listen to us we will bomb you. Killing people will not resolve anything it will only make things even more complicated.

China needs Iran because of the oil China gets from them. They will try to stop US from going to war with Iran. If a war does happen no oil for China which will lead to China economy going down. When US brought this up to UN I know china and one other country I forgot who walked out and they did not vote on this matter. A war will be a very bad thing for US IMO. We will just make more and more enemies.

tabio42
05-09-2006, 08:48 AM
See the US can't go after North Korea because Kim Jong Il is a fucking nutball. He will use nuclear force without thinking too deeply into the consequences. The Iranian leader on the other hand, has got to be a much more sensible man. Hence the need to negotiate with him.

tabio42
05-09-2006, 09:31 PM
http://hosted.ap.org/specials/interactives/_documents/ahmadinejad0509.pdf

Chris in SD
05-10-2006, 09:20 AM
Now that the full content of the letter is out, I understand why we rejected it. I still hope we look for a diplomatic, unified (amongst our allies) solution.

tabio42
05-10-2006, 03:28 PM
I think that letter was very well written. But even though the Iranian president did his best not to attack Bush's ego, I don't think anyone in power likes to be told he's doing something wrong.

Terry S
05-12-2006, 11:03 AM
I think that letter was very well written. But even though the Iranian president did his best not to attack Bush's ego, I don't think anyone in power likes to be told he's doing something wrong.

The letter was written like some blog entry. He asked rhetorical questions over and over and provided a very narrow minded "answer" to each. I was not impressed in the slightest by the letter but hey, he tried right? That letter did nothing to change the situation between them, the UN & us. I guess it's time for the "big bad" UN sanctions? :2funny: sanctions.

Terry S