PDA

View Full Version : 27156 Altered emmisions Fine $361

Evo8supercar
05-10-2006, 12:47 AM
I got today a 27156 Altered emissions ticket not correctable

What there are going to check ? At the referee station.

Is the intercooler aftermarket and cams need to be removed ? How about smog check?

Have a 2.4 stroker motor, will have a stock Exhaust , cat and stock blow off valve, also have stock turbo.

So the only things can't remove are the cams, intercooler, and my motor.

Any advice will help

Thanks.

Mike W
05-10-2006, 01:23 AM
Just the cams and the intercooler to be safe. They will never know on the biggee motor.

What did you do to piss off the cop? Damn young kids and their ricey cars...

Mike W

Evo8supercar
05-10-2006, 01:35 AM
No WAY can a just pay the fine?

Evolicious
05-10-2006, 01:36 AM
im going through the samething going to the referee. *Just make it all look stock!! *I got pulled over for having a dirty bumper on a white car. *The officer said, "i can tell you modified your emission system cuz there is soot on the bumper." *I told him my car is just dirty and he said, "pop the hood please." *Lucky he didnt know much about cars and pointed at a greddy type-s BOV and said that is illegal and wrote me for a modifed emission ticket becuz of a BOV.

Evo8supercar
05-10-2006, 01:39 AM
I Preffer to pay a fine and not have to go to the referee.

Can I do just that?

Same for me point at the bov in Pasadena

TrickedOutEVOVIII
05-10-2006, 02:58 AM
yes you can pay the fine...but remember, everytime you are caught for the same thing (emissions in this case), your fine will keep getting higher and higher and doubling and tripling, then sooner or later they WILL impound your car. its best to just get it completely taken off by going to the ref and getting it signed off...do whatchu gotta do to pass bro, trust me

T

Evo8supercar
05-10-2006, 09:28 AM
Call the 800 number and was told is just a smog check for $38 FEE that the referee has to perform, Is that right or He will staret looking for other things like AMS CAMS ?

kipper215
05-10-2006, 09:43 AM
the other choice is to drag it out by fighting the ticket TBD. you will have to pay the fine up front and you can do all of this through the mail. if you lose you can still appeal the decision and drag it out longer. if you lose the case they keep your money and no ref. if you win you get your money back and no ref.

xEviLxVIIIx
05-10-2006, 09:44 AM
technically, BOV can alter emissions.

If you are gonna go to the ref. make everything look stock and hope you pass the tail pipe emissions.
it'll be a complete smog check, visual, function and tailpipe.

stuart5150
05-10-2006, 09:59 AM
I would pay the fine if i could. I got one of those shitty modified exhaust tickets in my starlet. I paid the fine instead of going to the ref, the ref's are jerk off's. I could just see pulling in for a exhaust noise check and them saying pop the hood :-(

Evo8supercar
05-10-2006, 10:10 AM
What if the car technically is not in my name register owner, can I go to see the judge and play ignorance, might get lucky.

Or did anyone took a stock same color evo and trick the referee. How they know if it's the same car.

WavMixer
05-10-2006, 10:13 AM
Even if it passes the sniffer test, the EMS will never pass the visual inspection or be able to read the OBDII port.

WavMixer
05-10-2006, 10:14 AM
What if the car technically is not in my name register owner, can I go to see the judge and play ignorance, might get lucky.

Or did anyone took a stock same color evo and trick the referee. How they know if it's the same car.
VIN will give you away. It's on the dash, door panel and on the Evo it's on just about every body part.

Skiracer
05-10-2006, 10:25 AM
Yes the ref's check various VIN numbers on the car as part of their procedure.

Evo8supercar
05-10-2006, 10:30 AM
How about telling the judge is not my car, why I have to deal with it.

darkevo
05-10-2006, 10:46 AM
How about telling the judge is not my car, why I have to deal with it.

I have a similiar issue, but traded in the car a day later, so I don't have access to it!!* Shouldn't be fair I have to pay the fine, when I can't even fix it.* another TBD?* still waiting on the ticket to see how much the fine is, got ticket for no front plate and tint as well, which also I cannot fix when the car is not mine anymore!

Dynoflash
05-14-2006, 09:49 PM
What if you are just testing a car ane get a ticket ?

I pray the cop gets a tumor in his balls

Evo8supercar
06-07-2006, 11:57 PM
Just got the ticket is $361

thisxguy
06-08-2006, 12:12 AM
a little off topic but...
how much is a no front plate ticket?
what about a tint ticket?

wj4
06-08-2006, 04:02 PM
a little off topic but...
how much is a no front plate ticket?
what about a tint ticket?

these are $10-15 fix it tickets. you can however pay a bigger fine, around $130, and not put the front plate back on or take the front tints off.

thisxguy
06-08-2006, 08:42 PM
i didnt know that you can pay more to not fix it.

if i get a front plate one i'll just zip tie and double side tape it on. lol
tint...i'll prob get a deal where the tint place will remove it and put it back on.

thanks guys...

back to topic.

so, all emission fines are $361? that includes tickets for...what?

Evo8supercar
06-08-2006, 11:51 PM
Altered emmisions is what my ticket said, that can be anything like BOV, MUFFLER, anything shiny, turbo timer, oil catch can, front mount intercooler, Hell you can even get that type of ticket on a complete stock EVO L.O.L

Just don't give them reason to pull you over like not have front plate or tint.

thisxguy
06-09-2006, 12:27 AM
i dont like my front plate because i dont want to drill holes....i heard that they can't pull you over for only that. true or not?

i guess i wont make my tint too dark.

can they give you a ticket even if it has a CARB sticket?

if someome gets one one of these...it's not correctable and it's automatically $361?
...even if you might be stock?

Evo8supercar
06-09-2006, 12:52 AM
You don't have to pay if your car will pass smog and you have stock or carb leagal parts.

thisxguy
06-09-2006, 03:11 PM
so the cop can give tickets for a legal mod and let us waste either our time or money.

i really dont like them. i wonder who agrees =)

Raine3D
06-09-2006, 03:44 PM
i dont like my front plate because i dont want to drill holes....i heard that they can't pull you over for only that. true or not?

YOu heard that they cant pull you over for no front plate ?

Raine3D
06-09-2006, 03:45 PM
What do they mean by altered emissions? .... Say intake is supposed to be 50 state legal... so whats that mean... its not ? they will make me take even this off ? I hate going to the refs... they get you for 100% of everything wrong with your car when you go in... including your front plate.

Mr.Evolution8 AKA Mr. Evo
06-09-2006, 04:29 PM
yea just take everything off i had to go and i took off my TBE, IC, UICP, MBC, BOV, but left my cams and passed smog . they check carb # on everything.

Raine3D
06-09-2006, 04:32 PM
I need to go in for my tint... so there is a way to pay this and not have it checked ? i think you always have to have the paper signed off correct? U think i will have to take off my intake or can i just leave it since it does have the carb#s on it ?

thisxguy
06-09-2006, 04:37 PM
i heard that cops can NOT pull you over for simply no front plate and they can not give you a no front plate ticket. a no front plate ticket must be added with another citeable violation.

i have my plates in and i'm going to put my rear on in a little. i was wondering if i can put my front plate on my dashboard on the front windshield (i've seen a lot of people do this)...is that legal?

Raine3D
06-09-2006, 04:42 PM
i heard that cops can NOT pull you over for simply no front plate and they can not give you a no front plate ticket. a no front plate ticket must be added with another citeable violation.

i have my plates in and i'm going to put my rear on in a little. i was wondering if i can put my front plate on my dashboard on the front windshield (i've seen a lot of people do this)...is that legal?

I have been pulled over atleast 3 times for now front plate. So they can pull you over on just that... i know this for sure. The plate in the window is not legal.. i know this becsuae they wouldnt write off my ticket becasue of this.. i had to go back when it was fixed and not on the window. Also my friend very recently got a front lic. ticket with no other ticket. They for sure can get you for no front plate.
"The reason i pulled you over is becasue you have no front plate" ...... 3 mins later "Do you know why you have a warrent for your arrest?" Thats what they ask you next if you forget to pay a ticket and not realize... then they get to take you to jail for the night! .... heh Thats my storie with that.. only time going there and it was for BS. They say me at a stop sign at night. They turned up a street and turned off there lights.. then all of a sudden behind me i saw headlights.... i knew who it was.

thisxguy
06-09-2006, 05:04 PM
hm...i know that in LAX they give no front plate tickets only...along with other places.

what if i tell the cop that i lost my front plate holder...and i will go and get one. do you think he wont give me a ticket?

Raine3D
06-09-2006, 10:05 PM
that would be the same thing as me telling a CHP i promise ill take off my window tint ... they dont care

*chris*
06-09-2006, 11:23 PM
jesus christ ...just put the front plate on. its not the end of the world. they issue 2 plates for a reason, if you dont put it on, prepare to accept the consequences...

you dont need the special holder. ziptie it to the mesh, double-sided tape, drill 2holes in your bumper, whatever...

Raine3D
06-10-2006, 12:35 AM
jesus christ ...just put the front plate on. its not the end of the world. they issue 2 plates for a reason, if you dont put it on, prepare to accept the consequences...

Im guessing because its ... fugly!

thisxguy
06-10-2006, 12:36 AM

Im guessing because its ... fugly!

+1

haha

and it ruins aerodynamics. lol

Evo8supercar
06-10-2006, 12:41 AM
Every car in the U.S must have a license holder plate. And if you don't have one you are responsible to get one.
That's what my COP told me. It doesn’t matter how good you excuse is, you are leaving a huge window for them to ask you to pop the hood. Buy the plate and go to the dealer and they will do professional install of the front lic plate and it's free.

thisxguy
06-10-2006, 12:54 AM
they can pop my hood as many times as they'd like...i'm still stock (for now) lol

i dont see why having no front plate gives them suspision to pop my hood.

wj4
06-10-2006, 02:28 AM
they can pop my hood as many times as they'd like...i'm still stock (for now) lol

i dont see why having no front plate gives them suspision to pop my hood.

they use that as a reason to pull u over...
cop: u know u dont have a front plate, son?
u: say whatever here
cop: hmm is that an aftermarket exhaust...how fast is this car...mind popping the hood?

and i agree with chris, just put the damn front plate on. its not that big of a deal.

wj4
06-10-2006, 02:32 AM

i dont even know why ppl put the front plate on the dash....it looks tacky and its not legal.
yes, they can stop you and give u a ticket just for tint or no front plate. ive seen it happened many times. some which leads to the question of "mind popping your hood?"

*chris*
06-10-2006, 09:13 AM
Every car in the U.S must have a license holder plate. And if you don't have one you are responsible to get one.
That's what my COP told me. It doesn’t matter how good you excuse is, you are leaving a huge window for them to ask you to pop the hood. Buy the plate and go to the dealer and they will do professional install of the front lic plate and it's free.

i hadnt heard the 'holder' part

...but seriously, if you hate that it LOOKS bad, then dont put it on. but stop bitching about it.

im sorry for going off, but seriously ...for something so trivial, ive seen questions and topics about it WAY too many times.

put it on, leave it off. thats your choice ...but its just another excuse to pull you over. im done ranting..

thisxguy
06-10-2006, 10:49 AM
i heard that city cops cant make you pop your hood...only CHP can

anyone know anything about this?

Raine3D
06-10-2006, 11:10 AM
Trunk + glovebox = warrant .... they can search any otehr part of your car untill they get tired

thisxguy
06-10-2006, 11:17 AM
really? are you for sure on that one?

they've opened my cousins trunk on his g35 and searched it...they even cracked his roman candle in half

wj4
06-11-2006, 06:59 PM
thisxguy...it sounds like you are really nervous about getting your car popped and checked for parts...so it may be best you stay stock until you no longer feel this way. why mod when you have to drive in fear right?

and also, if you use an excuse like "my hood latch isnt working" when an officer asks you to pop the hood...they can have the car be towed and inspected carefully and you will be the one paying for the bill, towing, storage, etc.

thisxguy
06-11-2006, 07:05 PM
im not scared of getting checked for parts. i just dont like cops. and i dont want to deal with any smog problems YET...to me, the car is too new to worry about things like that.

thanks for the heads up on that excuse...i wasnt planning on using that excuse anyways =)
if they want to pop it...i'll let them since i have nothing to hide right now.

Raine3D
06-11-2006, 07:11 PM
really? are you for sure on that one?

they've opened my cousins trunk on his g35 and searched it...they even cracked his roman candle in half

Positive.... I bet before they opened his trunk they said something along the lines of
"mind if i take a look in your trunk?" Give them permission they will. Im sure if you tell them no they will easily get the permission on their own though.

thisxguy
06-11-2006, 07:26 PM
i dont know if they asked...my cousin was cuffed in the cop car. and they were searching his car.

Raine3D
06-11-2006, 07:30 PM
Im still runing stock exhaust. Can these refs or CHP usualy tell if you just have a custom welded 3" WITH a cat ? would this be a problem ?

wj4
06-11-2006, 07:43 PM
im not scared of getting checked for parts. i just dont like cops
not all cops are bad bro. this coming from a person whos been falsely arrested for street racing and caused me 3 months of trial and $10,000 of headache. there are some jerk cops out there, but there are good ones as well. just like there are car hobbyists and there are ricers...

speedracer2169
06-11-2006, 07:53 PM
A police officer IS NOT a trained emmision inspector. If a police officer asks you to pop your hood open just politely say that you need to be somewhere but if you'd like write me a citation to see a ref and I'll go. Make sure you say it clearly so that the camera records it. If he still makes you get out and start searching say loud and clear that you do not consent to having your car searched and that you demand to speak to the supervisor. Stop trying to work against the system and work with it. I got pulled over in a speed trap. What can I say the CHP officer actually got me. He wrote me up for front window tint. I knew it was illegal to not have it so I'll just pay the fine or whatever. He was going to write me up for no front plate until I had to show him where it was. He was a nice guy. He asked about my exhaust and any other parts and to look under the hood and I told him no because that has nothing to do with what he is pulling me over. Gave me a ticket, thanked him for doing his job and drove away.
Few months later I did my TBD and won for 72 in a 55. Like I said work with the system and mod responsibly

speedracer2169
06-11-2006, 07:57 PM
Police officer: Is that a blow off valve?
You: No sir, that is a compressor bypass valve that allows the air to go back through the intake system when the throttle is closed. Any turbochraged vehicle has one from the factory

speedracer2169
06-11-2006, 08:02 PM
Ask the officer questions if you don't understand something on your ticket. Know everything about the ticket before he drives away.
example:
You: excuse me officer, but on my ticket you marked that my exhaust was not a correctable violation but in the CHP guidebook and by the CVC for exhausts it is supposed to me marked as correctable. Is there any reason why you marked that?
or
you:Officer I can't read your badge number what is that number again please?
Officer: May I ask why you need it? (he has to give you his badge number, in some cases they have business cards get them)
you: I feel that some of the violations that you citing me are not justifiable and I want to exercise my right to contest it and I just want to make sure I have all the information I need

speedracer2169
06-11-2006, 08:04 PM
Or here is the best one and this one got me out of a speeding ticket doing 90.
Pick your nose. There is nothing more disgusting that picking your nose and getting some boogers out. The officer was so disgusted that he left me with a warning. Why? because when a cop gives you a ticket he hands you a pen to sign it. Would you give someone a pen if you saw him pick his nose? O0

wj4
06-11-2006, 08:38 PM
Or here is the best one and this one got me out of a speeding ticket doing 90.
Pick your nose. There is nothing more disgusting that picking your nose and getting some boogers out. The officer was so disgusted that he left me with a warning. Why? because when a cop gives you a ticket he hands you a pen to sign it. Would you give someone a pen if you saw him pick his nose? O0

lmao, he shouldve charged u $5 and say keep the pen, kid.

bfdd
07-07-2006, 06:40 PM
What if your car can pass smog even with mods? How can they justify even ticketing you? Even they're not CARB approved but you still pass smog, I'd fight that shit all the way. Anyone ever been in that situation?

thisxguy
07-07-2006, 06:45 PM
+1
good guestion

tasco
07-11-2006, 11:40 AM
What if your car can pass smog even with mods? How can they justify even ticketing you? Even they're not CARB approved but you still pass smog, I'd fight that shit all the way. Anyone ever been in that situation?

I dont think it matters. The bottom line is that the company that produces the part has to have it tested and approved by CARB for it to be legal. The testing requires two test vehicles and two test parts.

4G63 FEVER
07-11-2006, 12:15 PM
What if your car can pass smog even with mods?* How can they justify even ticketing you?* Even they're not CARB approved but you still pass smog, I'd fight that shit all the way.* Anyone ever been in that situation?

Well a FWIW thing.* I have a 91 Toyota PU and had it smogged and everything was good except the timing was to far advanced so it* failed.* Set the timing to spec and it poluted worse but it still passed go figure.

If that's what the book says you are screwed for the most part.

WavMixer
07-11-2006, 12:29 PM
you:Officer I can't read your badge number what is that number again please?
Officer: May I ask why you need it? (he has to give you his badge number, in some cases they have business cards get them)
you: I feel that some of the violations that you citing me are not justifiable and I want to exercise my right to contest it and I just want to make sure I have all the information I need

I strongly disagree with this. It has been my experience that you want to give the cop as little to remember you by as possible. If you tell the cop that you plan to fight the ticket, he may very well take extra good notes about your stop. Then if you do a TBD, he will have all of the facts needed to fight his case. Now if you just behave like a good little lemming, don't ask questions or tell him you plan to fight the ticket, he will be blindsided by the TBD. Don't give them any more ammunition than they already have!

Evo8supercar
12-01-2006, 12:46 AM
8) Case Dismiss. After several months went to see the judge and told her that wasn't my car. I was just happen to drive it at the time and to my luck I still had the regestration of the previous owner, so was dismiss. I only had to pay $10

thisxguy
12-01-2006, 12:53 AM
6 months...thats a long time.

congrats O0

Evo8supercar
12-01-2006, 12:58 AM
Thanks.

CRX2EVO
12-01-2006, 10:07 AM
You suck. I got one of those tickets when I had my CRX, just after I had the engine swapped. Like you said, they don't know much, he pointed out my adjutable cam gears but didn't realize my SOHC had been replaced with DOHC engine.

Original fine was $821 and I had to visit the ref. It took three attempts to pass and I passed by on point. I had to change my inake manifold and my ECU to pass visual. Eventually with one citation thrown out and court fees, I paid $541 for that crap.

tabio42
12-01-2006, 10:19 AM
To drag this thread out longer-
What happens if you go to the ref and fail? Is that the same thing as paying the fine and not going to the ref at all?

CRX2EVO
12-01-2006, 10:31 AM
To drag this thread out longer-
What happens if you go to the ref and fail? Is that the same thing as paying the fine and not going to the ref at all?

I'm not 100% but I'd say you have no choice. You must go to the ref. If you just pay the fine, you can't drive your car.

The cocksucker CHP officer even wrote on the ticket that I could only drive to home and repair.

boostin05evo
12-03-2006, 04:10 AM
^ lol, I had to got to the ref. when i had my CRX also, when they give you a ticket to go to the ref. you can only drive it home and to the ref. station, i just payed the fine, plus the damn cop gave me a correctable ticket for cracked winshield.

cky_bam_marg
12-05-2006, 11:37 AM
when u go to the ref and fail they give u 2 or 3 attemps before u need to pay the ref fee again and start all over. when i went to the ref he didnt notice my DP, turbo kit, FMIC :-D so yea that was a plus

ArBizZzLe
12-05-2006, 11:52 AM
So I got the same violation just the other day. I'm just going to leave my 3" downpipe on and then put the stock cat back on with the stock cat. I'm just going to remove my MBC and let it run off the waste gate. I also have an intake, I'll just take that off and put on the stock box.

How much do I pay total out of my pocket for this god damned ticket?

It is also the 27156(b) code.

Evo8supercar
12-22-2006, 09:14 PM
I'm good for another year my registration came back having the wrong name again from DMV :idiot2:. If I get another ticket will do the same thing again.

hksevo8
12-23-2006, 12:58 PM
Just got my notice in the mail the other day. I owe them $356.00 and proof of correction. I went to the ref and passed the emissions & db test, but failed the visual. HA what an oxy moron.

As I see it, I got a ticket for emissions. I passed the test with the sniffer. Where is their argument?

When I get in front of the judge, I am just going to say hey, I passed so the environment is not suffering from my car. Can I go now?

SpdyEvo02
12-23-2006, 06:13 PM
the same thing happend to me rick on my first modified emissions ticket i passed all the test but visual because of a boost line