PDA

View Full Version : please help!!! are the police here to help us or hate us?

seskysang
05-10-2006, 04:05 AM
i got pulled over by the cops not because i was breaking the law but because of the car i drive!!!! its 2 am and im driving back to san diego from LA the cop was behind me wen i was goin under 75 and a truck with a camper passes me on my left side . . .instead of pulling the truck over he pulls me over and says that the two of us were goin the same speed and that i was goin 84 mph!!! he then wrote me a ticket that said i was goin 75+ and didnt even write down the correct make and model of my car!! he wrote that i drove a subaru wrx!! and then he crossed it out after i told him i drove a mitsubishi!!! so let me ask yoo guys . . .doesnt this sound like i was pulled over not because of speeding but because my car looks the way it does?? please help!! can i do anything about this so that i dont have a point on my record??

Skiracer
05-10-2006, 05:47 AM
Welcome to SoCal...

kimletrim
05-10-2006, 07:19 AM
Have you heard the phrase, "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and may be used against you."?

Alpha4LFE
05-10-2006, 07:21 AM
you would've been better off letting the cop write the subaru wrx ticket. if the cop couldn't even read your registration properly, you could've easily fought that in court.

Luscious
05-10-2006, 07:45 AM
you would've been better off letting the cop write the subaru wrx ticket. if the cop couldn't even read your registration properly, you could've easily fought that in court.

Yup, don't say jack shit, no matter how jack-up the cops infor is. Your mission when you get pulled over is to make yourself as non-memorable as possible. So when you fight it, he won't have a clue as to who you were...

seskysang
05-10-2006, 03:49 PM
anyone have any suggestions on how i should fight this?

kcross
05-10-2006, 05:57 PM
yeah, build a time machine and go back to when you got pulled over and this time dont say anything about the make/model. otherwise a speeding ticket is a little tough to fight no matter what you drive. honestly the easiest thing to do is traffic school if possible.

Miss Evo8
05-10-2006, 05:59 PM
TBD

TRIAL BY DECLARATION... there's a sticky somewhere about it...and Blaze posted many good examples too!

seskysang
05-10-2006, 07:57 PM
well i actually dont rilly care about paying the ticket . . .im more worried about getting a point on my record and my insurance going up cuz i cant do traffic school

WavMixer
05-10-2006, 08:03 PM
well i actually dont rilly care about paying the ticket . . .im more worried about getting a point on my record and my insurance going up cuz i cant do traffic school

:police: :roll:

TBD

TRIAL BY DECLARATION... there's a sticky somewhere about it...and Blaze posted many good examples too!

Go check it out...

Lemme make it easy for you, it's the sticky at the top of the forum (http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=10663.0)

909Evo
05-10-2006, 10:26 PM
Wait, so were you speeding?
They are here to help the people following the law, and harrass the people not following the law.

And you woulda had your ticket thrown out if it was an incorrect make/model, DOH!

Evo8supercar
05-10-2006, 11:41 PM
2006 GOT THREE SPEEDING TICKETS AND IN ALL 3 ASK TO SEE THE JUDGE ASK FOR THE 8 HOUR THAN THE 10 HOUR AND ANOTHER 10 HOUR NO PROBLEM MY RECORD IS CLEAN FROM POINTS as far as my license is concern but But your insurance can see the violations.

But if you care about the points ask for to see the Judge to ask for traffic school. I want ask for a trial because you might loose the case with the COP is your word against yours.

Macky
05-12-2006, 11:53 PM
the cops are out to get everyone. they hate us.

white power
05-13-2006, 12:13 AM
i got pulled over by the cops not because i was breaking the law but because of the car i drive!!!! its 2 am and im driving back to san diego from LA the cop was behind me wen i was goin under 75 and a truck with a camper passes me on my left side . . .instead of pulling the truck over he pulls me over and says that the two of us were goin the same speed and that i was goin 84 mph!!! he then wrote me a ticket that said i was goin 75+ and didnt even write down the correct make and model of my car!! he wrote that i drove a subaru wrx!! and then he crossed it out after i told him i drove a mitsubishi!!! so let me ask yoo guys . . .doesnt this sound like i was pulled over not because of speeding but because my car looks the way it does?? please help!! can i do anything about this so that i dont have a point on my record??

Pay a lawyer....$150-200?? They can 'get er done' for you I bet. Costs more but in the longrun it will be cheaper on insurance. I just got done being yelled at by a jealous hater SD Sherrif leaving Qualcomm drags tonight. My evo is quiet(Works exhaust) and I was by myself. He flagged me over and yelled "SLOW DOWN" and told me to surrender my wristband in pure ass-munch fashion all without any eye contact like he was acting. Im a 33yr old man and if I was leaving in an SL55AMG or a turboed Viper I GUARANTEE you he would have been cool. Its our rice appeal that gets em fired up......part of owning an EVO in the USA. After I told him I was sorry, I asked him what the speed limit in the pits was and he changed the subject. I got home and went to racelegal.com's site and found out its 10mph....I was holding 25 in 2nd gear ala my Defi Heads Up Display across the pits. Turns out 25 is considered hauling ass at Qualcomm? You gotta go by their rules and kiss ass. Just go watch the movie 'Crash'

x[corwyn]
05-13-2006, 12:37 AM
Having grown up as a skater, then rode motorcycles the last several years all I have to say is...

Yes they are mostly asshats. They write BS tickets to support their jobs and their egos, and if I had my way I would come up with some rather humbling experiences for them, that probably involve a gimp, shotgun, and some redneck guys yelling at them to squeal like a pig...

Unfortunately there are a few that are decent guys, and while a good chunk are useless surprise tax, revenue makers, there are ones that we need as well. Sucks doesn't it? At least they aren't speed or red light cameras.

ozzman628
05-13-2006, 03:06 AM
For me cops always seemed to have some sort of sense of humor. I was pulled over in my evo for not having my license plates on (I had just bought the car) and even though nothing was wrong he told me I had to get a new license, he jokingly stated that there was no way in hell that I was still 185 lbs., when i told him that it was an incentive to lose weight, he laughed and said that I was beyond that possibility. I thought it was funny.

kcross
05-13-2006, 03:10 AM
i seem to run into a lot of funny cops... mostly they are intentionally funny... but sometimes they are just because of sheer jackassedtry. like the cop that pulled me over for having paper plates on my car and then proceeded to attempt to persuede me that he "ran out of tickets for that day" (its around 11am mind you) and that i should just tell him if i really hadnt recieved my plates of if i just didnt want to put them on.

Evoegg
05-13-2006, 04:07 AM
Did you say he write you as WRX? show it to the court and case dismissed !!!< my lawyer friend told me!!!

Evoegg

kcross
05-13-2006, 04:11 AM
yeah. he said that. then he said he corrected him... smooth move.

seskysang
05-15-2006, 06:43 PM
yea i did i guess ima idiot but my ticket does say have subaru wrx crossed out on it . . .any chance that could help?

Xetronic_Evo_VIII
05-23-2006, 12:03 PM
nope, you should of kept quiet...then case dismissed!

yea i did i guess ima idiot but my ticket does say have subaru wrx crossed out on it . . .any chance that could help?

vr6t
06-04-2006, 05:01 PM
]
Having grown up as a skater, then rode motorcycles the last several years all I have to say is...

X2
yea most just go on a power trip...they believe they can do whatever they want!

Yes they are mostly asshats. They write BS tickets to support their jobs and their egos, and if I had my way I would come up with some rather humbling experiences for them, that probably involve a gimp, shotgun, and some redneck guys yelling at them to squeal like a pig...

Unfortunately there are a few that are decent guys, and while a good chunk are useless surprise tax, revenue makers, there are ones that we need as well. Sucks doesn't it? At least they aren't speed or red light cameras.

vr6t
06-04-2006, 05:02 PM
Did you say he write you as WRX? show it to the court and case dismissed !!!< my lawyer friend told me!!!

Evoegg

Could you say that the cop actually saw a WRX speeding but pulled you over the wrong car?