PDA

View Full Version : Open Track Racing, September 9th & 10th

WavMixer
05-10-2006, 06:49 PM
I went to an OTR event last week and had a blast. 1st class operation and plenty of track time. Looks like they will open the track for racing at the end of the day for those who want to participate. I know I'm not ready for the race sessions, but some of y'all may be. Below is the email I received about this upcoming event. I'm gonna try to be there for the non-race track time.

==================================================

Thanks for all the feed back concerning the format for the Sept 9th & 10th event.
It seems that the vast majority would like us to run the event in the same fashion as all other OTR events. Some of you mentioned that you would like to have a time trial or race, so for you this is what I will do. At some point in the day we could have a race for all that want to participate. There will be an added fee to all race participants to cover extra insurance costs. We need to have enough racers to offset the extra cost. This race would not interfere with the usual run groups. The cost for the event will be slightly higher due to increased weekend costs. The Price would be $350 for both days or $185 for only one. As always we would supply all paid participants with and all you can eat BBQ lunch both days, and one of our new embroidered OTR Polo shirts. On top of the registration fee Willow Springs will be charging a gate fee of $10, this will not be waved like at our weekday events. When you send in your registration please specify if you would like to participate in the race. Please take the time to register early, and don't forget that we are also taking sign ups for the June 21st event (info to follow). If you have any thoughts please send me an email.

Thanks, Kailo

Our next event is scheduled for June 21, 2006 on the big track at Willow Springs. This event will be run in the same fashion as all previous events. We will have three run groups, beginner, intermediate and advanced. Each run group will get (5) 30 minute run sessions totaling 2 1/2 hours of track time. For all newbies or people who want to attend, we will have classroom instruction followed by on-track instruction. As always, all paid participants will get an all you can eat BBQ lunch and an OPEN TRACK RACING shirt. The price for this event is $145.00. Please remember that all OTR events are open to all that want to attend, so please tell a friend!

Richard EVO
05-10-2006, 11:39 PM
Agree with Wav, OTR events are killer. Tons of track time, kewl peeps, and lots of really fast Porsches, Corvettes and Vipers. Laid back attitude, no stupid rules. I had the distinct pleasure of being right behind event organizer Kailo when he had a massive off in Turn 2 in a Corvette that he no longer owned because he sold it to a friend. I think he paid a few bucks to make it right. I got some instruction from Kailo and Jack (1973 Porsche RSR, I think). They helped cut 4 seconds off my best time at Big Willow in one day, which is pretty amazing. Kailo scared the crap out of me when he drove my EVO, but I think that was his intention. There's lots of smack talk, all you can eat lunch and a t-shirt, and good times.

This is their first weekend event, they usually run on Wed. at Big Willow. IMHO this is an event that is not to be missed. I might even try the race. I don't think they are going to require roll cage equipped cars for the race. :mitsu: