PDA

View Full Version : SRT MS At Horse Thief Mile

4G63 FEVER
05-13-2006, 05:28 PM
Event was a blast! Not many turned out so that meant a LOT of track time. Got about 120 miles worth. O0 O0 After that as Popeye said I've had alls I can stand and I can't stand no more. Got quite warm at that time also.

Great to meat Sam and all the rest of the folks out there! Blue Booster thanks for the runs! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Thanks to the guy drifting the Z ( terrible with names anymore) for the ride good times! O0 O0

Don't know what GT40 (At least I believe that was who mentioned it) was concerned about getting air and all. Maybe I don't have the MAD skill or definatley not the car that does so that could factor in there but I didn't see any one place where that could happen. Could be also that we were running CCW so I'm sure that makes a difference.

You all need to come out and support Sam the next time. He did a hell of a good job! Thanks again for hosting it Sam! O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

Mike

ArBizZzLe
05-13-2006, 05:33 PM
We ran Horse Theif last weekend. Had a fucking blast as well. God I loved that track.

Sam Smash
05-13-2006, 05:43 PM
June 3rd is my next event :)

Start signing up now!!!!!

Sam Smash
05-13-2006, 09:48 PM
Here is a link to some clips of the event. I did not edit this video and may contain some gay music. This was the choice of the editor, SRT Motorsports is not responsible for what you are about to hear. No animals were hurt during the production of this video, couple bees, thats it.

http://media.putfile.com/HorseThiefMileSRTEvent

silvery_eagle
05-13-2006, 10:51 PM
lol @ srt video

smokd
05-13-2006, 11:13 PM
nice vid... that looks like so much fun haha imma go next time!

Sam Smash
05-18-2006, 11:03 AM
Look for more drivers to sign up June 3rd :)

BlueBooster
05-18-2006, 08:58 PM
Sweet! I'm on the video! O0

Nice shots of the 350 drifting too. O0

BlueBooster
05-18-2006, 09:32 PM
Again, it was great to meet everyone and play with you on the track!

Uploaded some pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/41947857@N00/sets/72057594138994859/

Richard EVO
05-18-2006, 09:39 PM
BlueBooster -

You said that Horse Thief Mile is your favorite track so far.* Would you list all the road courses you have run?

My list is as follows:* Willow Springs Big Track, Thunderhill (CCW cyclone and bypass), Buttonwillow (numerous configurations in both directions), Laguna Seca, Spring Mtn. (old 2.2 mile course and new 3.1 mile course), Streets of Willow (both directions), Reno-Fernley (original configuration only), California Speedway (ROVAL and Infield Road Course), and the undisputed king of west coast racetracks, Sears Point/Infineon Raceway.

I just want to know what you have Horse Thief to compare to when you say it is your favorite track.

BlueBooster
05-18-2006, 10:01 PM
BlueBooster -

You said that Horse Thief Mile is your favorite track so far. Would you list all the road courses you have run?
I just want to know what you have Horse Thief to compare to when you say it is your favorite track.
Wow - you been to alot of tracks! I've not been to anywhere near the same amount of tracks or configurations.

To date:
Laguna Seca CCW
SOW CC
Horsetheif CCW

I guess I found it enjoyable because of the fun factor with all the turns, elevation changes and constant excelleration in 2nd and 3rd gears. VERY technical track and I could feel an improvement in my driving by lunch time on the track.

Laguna Seca was plain cool drive since it's world known. SOW was pretty fun, maybe I just drove too many miles and didn't leave the same impression since I drove less miles on HTM.

I look forward to making my next track day at the big track at willow springs. We'll see after that track what my list looks like...

Richard EVO
05-18-2006, 10:04 PM
^^^

Well, that's interesting. You like Horse Thief more than Laguna Seca? :mitsu:

BlueBooster
05-18-2006, 10:21 PM
^^^

Well, that's interesting. You like Horse Thief more than Laguna Seca? :mitsu:
Yup. Kinda like a go cart track for cars. O0

Richard EVO
05-18-2006, 10:30 PM
Lucky for you.* But I think it's good bet we won't see Horse Thief Mile as a track option on Gran Turismo 4 anytime soon.* :2funny:

If your favorite is a go-kart track for cars, then I predict you won't like Big Willow.* It is a very fast track.* It takes some time before you can actually go balls out with your foot to the floor in 5th gear all the way through the long banked sweeper "Turn 8" but once you do, you will forget about go carts.* 8) Speeds at the end of the front straight before you brake for Turn 1 are about 125 - 130 mph if you come out of Turn 9 fast. O0

BlueBooster
05-18-2006, 11:54 PM
Lucky for you.* But I think it's good bet we won't see Horse Thief Mile as a track option on Gran Turismo 4 anytime soon.* :2funny:

If your favorite is a go-kart track for cars, then I predict you won't like Big Willow.* It is a very fast track.* It takes some time before you can actually go balls out with your foot to the floor in 5th gear all the way through the long banked sweeper "Turn 8" but once you do, you will forget about go carts.* 8) Speeds at the end of the front straight before you brake for Turn 1 are about 125 - 130 mph if you come out of Turn 9 fast. O0
Bah! Gran Turismo! :2funny: I like to go fast too! I guess it's almost like comparring apples and oranges. They both fill you up but have different flavors...

130 on the big track should fuggin tight! O0

WavMixer
05-19-2006, 10:54 AM
Ever since I've driven Big Willow, even Streets seems like a go-cart track.* :2funny:

4G63 FEVER
05-19-2006, 05:36 PM
Lucky for you. But I think it's good bet we won't see Horse Thief Mile as a track option on Gran Turismo 4 anytime soon. :2funny:

If your favorite is a go-kart track for cars, then I predict you won't like Big Willow. It is a very fast track. It takes some time before you can actually go balls out with your foot to the floor in 5th gear all the way through the long banked sweeper "Turn 8" but once you do, you will forget about go carts. 8) Speeds at the end of the front straight before you brake for Turn 1 are about 125 - 130 mph if you come out of Turn 9 fast. O0

Not bagging on you Richard but I would find it a MARICALE if you were going flat out through that corner :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:! Last I checked my car will do close to 160 WFO and I know for a fact you sure aren't going anywhere near that and your ride is a LOT faster than mine.

Not picking just stating the obvious.

And FWIW Horsethief for sure is a slow track. Most I saw was close to 95 on the straight. Not my choice for sure but glad I drove it none the less.

Kirrsace
05-23-2006, 10:33 AM
Here is a link to some clips of the event. I did not edit this video and may contain some gay music. This was the choice of the editor, SRT Motorsports is not responsible for what you are about to hear. No animals were hurt during the production of this video, couple bees, thats it.

http://media.putfile.com/HorseThiefMileSRTEvent

thanks sam asshole haha i was blasting that shit while driving the whole time haha....

Sam Smash
05-23-2006, 10:42 AM
hahhaha

are you signing up for this next one?

Richard EVO
05-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Quote 4G63 Fever "Last I checked my car will do close to 160 WFO and I know for a fact you sure aren't going anywhere near that and your ride is a LOT faster than mine."

I call shennaingans.* I don't believe that a nearly stock EVO VIII can do 160 mph on the front straight at Big Willow.* Especially since my lap times are quicker than yours and I don't get anywhere near 160.* Maybe a Viper can do that (I doubt it), not an EVO for sure. :crazy2:

4G63 FEVER
05-23-2006, 12:23 PM
Quote 4G63 Fever "Last I checked my car will do close to 160 WFO and I know for a fact you sure aren't going anywhere near that and your ride is a LOT faster than mine."

I call shennaingans.* I don't believe that a nearly stock EVO VIII can do 160 mph on the front straight at Big Willow.* Especially since my lap times are quicker than yours and I don't get anywhere near 160.* Maybe a Viper can do that (I doubt it), not an EVO for sure.* :crazy2:

HAHA In a straight line with a lot of road I will do that speed is what I was trying to say.* What I was questioning was the statement that you said you are flat out in the turn.* A rough guess to me would be around 130+ as I have done it at 120 and it's unnerving in mine.* By no means was the hammer down.*

I hope your times are quikcer than mine as you have a much better set up!* You give me everything equal and I think it would be a good run.

Not trying to start a slag fest just my observations.

WavMixer
05-23-2006, 12:36 PM

I call shennaingans.* I don't believe that a nearly stock EVO VIII can do 160 mph on the front straight at Big Willow.* Especially since my lap times are quicker than yours and I don't get anywhere near 160.* Maybe a Viper can do that (I doubt it), not an EVO for sure.* :crazy2:

HAHA In a straight line with a lot of road I will do that speed is what I was trying to say.* What I was questioning was the statement that you said you are flat out in the turn.* A rough guess to me would be around 130+ as I have done it at 120 and it's unnerving in mine.* By no means was the hammer down.*

I hope your times are quikcer than mine as you have a much better set up!* You give me everything equal and I think it would be a good run.

I hit over 130 MPH on the front straight away on the big track. Just gotta have a set hanging to do it* :2funny:

Absinthe
05-23-2006, 12:58 PM
Yeah I too have clipped 130 on the track up front on my race gas map, got my instructor who had an S2 M5 to say, "damn this thing moves" coolest compliment I ever got on the Evo.

Kirrsace
05-23-2006, 02:10 PM
hahhaha

welcome to shinanigans... THE BRAIIINNN

anyways yeah need to buy my tired first and my coilovers exploded so there getting replaced under warranty.. save me a spot ill come through. just like last time :)

4G63 FEVER
05-23-2006, 05:27 PM

I call shennaingans. I don't believe that a nearly stock EVO VIII can do 160 mph on the front straight at Big Willow. Especially since my lap times are quicker than yours and I don't get anywhere near 160. Maybe a Viper can do that (I doubt it), not an EVO for sure. :crazy2:

HAHA In a straight line with a lot of road I will do that speed is what I was trying to say. What I was questioning was the statement that you said you are flat out in the turn. A rough guess to me would be around 130+ as I have done it at 120 and it's unnerving in mine. By no means was the hammer down.

I hope your times are quikcer than mine as you have a much better set up! You give me everything equal and I think it would be a good run.

I hit over 130 MPH on the front straight away on the big track. Just gotta have a set hanging to do it :2funny:

Wav: Sure I can get close to that on the straight I'm talking about turn 8. If you are hanging that at 130 my hat is off to you in a big way! That my friend is where the brass knockers come in! O0 O0

Hey you should do BW this Friday I'm there hope I don't end up bent! :D :D

Richard EVO
05-23-2006, 06:22 PM
Quote 4G63 Fever: "Hey you should do BW this Friday I'm there hope I don't end up bent!"

You are already bent.* Ooooohhhh, you meant your car . . . :2funny:

4G63 FEVER
05-23-2006, 06:33 PM
Quote 4G63 Fever: "Hey you should do BW this Friday I'm there hope I don't end up bent!"

You are already bent. Ooooohhhh, you meant your car . . . :2funny:

You would be correct sir! :D :D :D

NipponHamFighters
06-06-2006, 12:19 AM
What was I thinking asking about any other car at the event!!!! :idiot2:

EVOs Only Got it!!! ;)

Richard EVO
06-06-2006, 06:58 AM
Anyone see our S13 out there?

This is an EVO board. What's an S13 (and why should I care)?

NipponHamFighters
06-06-2006, 10:16 PM

You must be kidding right? This was an open event and there were drifters out there as well, and unfortunately they were not EVOS SORRY!!! I am not sure but Sam seemed like he appreciated us coming out, but hey you know what next time we will not attend since it seems as if EVOS are the only cars appreciated. Our driver said Sam came up and shook his hand and was very kind, but I guess this was just a front. I never knew that you can only appreciate one car on any board.

I officially am ashamed to be an EVO owner since this is how Fellow Evos owners support other Import Performance Makers!
And I sincerely apologize for putting up the last post. Please forgive my S13 Comment! And I will wait for another Jab from you after my post here

Thank You

Richard EVO
06-07-2006, 08:11 AM
That whole long angry post, and you didn't bother to tell me what an S13 is. I still don't know. Well, I guess it's not important if you don't think the questions is worth answering. :idiot2:

WavMixer
06-07-2006, 08:36 AM

This is an EVO board.* What's an S13 (and why should I care)?
S13 = Nissan 240 SX

GokuSSJ4
06-07-2006, 09:58 AM

You must be kidding right? This was an open event and there were drifters out there as well, and unfortunately they were not EVOS SORRY!!! I am not sure but Sam seemed like he appreciated us coming out, but hey you know what next time we will not attend since it seems as if EVOS are the only cars appreciated. Our driver said Sam came up and shook his hand and was very kind, but I guess this was just a front. I never knew that you can only appreciate one car on any board.

I officially am ashamed to be an EVO owner since this is how Fellow Evos owners support other Import Performance Makers!
And I sincerely apologize for putting up the last post. Please forgive my S13 Comment! And I will wait for another Jab from you after my post here

Thank You

dont let Richard Evo get to you

GokuSSJ4
06-07-2006, 09:59 AM
That whole long angry post, and you didn't bother to tell me what an S13 is. I still don't know. Well, I guess it's not important if you don't think the questions is worth answering. :idiot2:

the way you come across to others that arent familiar with the boards, they will get offended easily, kinda like you! at the begining you wouldnt take a joke. Now its a completly different thing..

Miss Evo8
06-07-2006, 10:25 AM
hahhaha

welcome to shinanigans... THE BRAIIINNN

anyways yeah need to buy my tired first and my coilovers exploded so there getting replaced under warranty.. save me a spot ill come through. just like last time :)

The Bat Wing bitch! I love that movie!

WavMixer
06-07-2006, 11:34 AM
NipponHamFighters,

Chill out bro, you and the drifters are welcome. Richard is just a cranky old bastage. You know how bastages get cranky when they get old. We just take him with a grain of salt. I'm glad that I'm still young! :2funny:

NipponHamFighters
06-07-2006, 01:18 PM
Umm...sure...it was a joke now...Got it! Uh..huh..umm....my bad I didnt read that...ya

Richard EVO
06-07-2006, 01:44 PM
NipponHamFighters,

Chill out bro, you and the drifters are welcome. Richard is just a cranky old bastage. You know how bastages get cranky when they get old. We just take him with a grain of salt. I'm glad that I'm still young! :2funny:

Wav -

You're older than dirt.

WavMixer
06-07-2006, 02:21 PM
NipponHamFighters,

Wav -

You're older than dirt.
BAH! You just say that because I have a grandson named Methuselah! I'm still a teenager damnit, look at my title!