PDA

View Full Version : "Blow-Pass" - New Turn at Streets of Willow

Richard EVO
05-15-2006, 11:45 AM
On Sunday I ran SOW CW with SpeedVentures, and there is a new short-cut turn through Turn 3 (some people call that area Turn 4), which I marked on the map.* The "blow-pass" is shown in red and the general area of the track is circled in blue.* Aaron B. coined the term "blow-pass" and we hope it sticks.* :D I like this new configuration better, the transition to Turn 4 is quicker and allows you to get on the gas quicker as you hug the inside of the left-hander.* Most people think this reduces lap times by at least a second, I think it's more like 2 seconds.* O0

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/richard350z/StreetsofWillowBlowPass.jpg

ovenmit331
05-15-2006, 11:46 AM
map huh?

*edit* OOOH sneaky, I got in before the pic was uploaded.. :twisted:

BlueBooster
05-15-2006, 12:19 PM
I thought the track looked slightly different when I was there Saturday... Sweet. I look forward to running with the new turn.

Sam Smash
05-15-2006, 02:02 PM
I like the new turn myself :)

Senshi
05-15-2006, 02:16 PM
personally i have mixed feelings about the new turn. on one hand it makes that section alot more "flowing" but at the same time it kinda takes away one of the challenges of streets (the hairpin). i def think its about 1 sec faster now. it was nice at the srt event since there was soo little traffic i had a few time where i was able to try both way one lap after another.