PDA

View Full Version : Getting an Evo IX MR....

luv2xlr8
05-17-2006, 09:59 PM
Hello,
I just got a rough idea on how much the evo is going to cost me and the numbers look good. I'm going to pick one up next week.

I decided on the evo ix mr. I just had a a few questions to ask. I'm looking into modifying the car and I was wondering what are the must haves when it comes to mods?
Also, as far as exhaust what exhaust system would you guys recommend me? I'm just looking for something that gains a good amount of power with out being freaking loud. I'm also looking into getting an cai but i'm pretty much clueless on what to buy.
Also, if I want to put down some serious power on the car what else would you guys recommend?

My friend is talking about if I get an evo he's going to enjoy killing me with his 06 Sti. Which are really nice cars but, the interior and front body is horrible.
Thanks,
Gilbert

NRG
05-17-2006, 10:12 PM
I guess your friend has not seen the countless videos of the evo 06 vs sti 06 on the drag, salom, skidpad...etc....

f125gpracr
05-17-2006, 10:34 PM
Try to get the quitest exhaust as much as possible. Personal preference is Fujitsubo RM 01,Tanabe downpipe to clear ACD and stock airbox and BOV(Diverter valve). That's all you need.
This will keep you out of trouble from..... :police:

j_nizzle
05-17-2006, 10:38 PM
buy a a custom stealth catback with 3" piping, and magnaflow stocker than stock muffler. put a resonator or two on there and get a high flow cat also! get a 2.75" downpipe because those work well with the 9's. as for the intake side, get an aftermarket drop in filter. it'll be cheaper and you'll make the same gains as a short ram intake. the only way to go cold air intake on the evo is to have it custom made or buy the aps one...both routes are a hassle and/or expensive. and what most members would recommend, including myself is to enjoy the car stock for as long as you can. attend a few track events. that will be the best indicator of what you need to upgrade whether it be power or suspension...if you plan to run it in some shows, you might want to consider mods to get you points rather than go with basic functionality with horrible looks. good luck and drive safe!

itsnino
05-23-2006, 12:44 PM
welcome, and as for advice - what f125gpracr and jnizzle said! =)

gen4k20a2
05-23-2006, 01:19 PM
ask you friend to look up the best motoring videos...EVO IX vs STI