PDA

View Full Version : Local PD + Blaze's evo = my worste nighmare

Blaze
05-19-2006, 03:27 PM
So I’m sitting at a coffee shop, minding my own business. My car shielded by more coats of wax then I can count, so it’s outside enjoying some fresh air. I’m inside enjoying a cup of decaf (as I’ve been trying to cut down on my caffeine intake) and enjoying the A/C.

Next thing I know a local Sheriff and his Fem-Deputy show up take a seat outside behind my car. Bailing now would be a mistake as I’d blast them both with toxic no cat smells so I hold up and sit tight.

Next thing I know another Sheriff rolls up on his bike and parks facing my car. He gets off the bike, chats with the other cop who then strolls into the coffee shop (without ordering anything btw) and starts asking around as to who’s car it is.

The lady working points at me and I swear to god, I could have thrown my drink at her, I was so pissed! He walks up to me and asks if he can take a look at the car with his friend, stating “We’re fans.” (b/s)

It didn’t take long for me to figure out what was going on. The biker cop had just completed his street racing ticket training in Ontario and was eager to show off/test what he’d learned.

Doors opened, hood, trunk and my worse nightmare comes to life as cops are no close enough to my car to shed dandruff. “Where’s the NOS”, the the n00b asks to which I reply, “You tell me, you just finished the class.” For some reason they both liked that answer and proceeded to inspect the car.

To make a long story short, I spend about 35 minutes in the hot sun explaining what’s legal, what’s illegal and why, what is ticketable, what’s B/S, what’s a safety issue and offered my 2 cents on a few other items.

Finally, the thanked me for my time as asked if I’d be willing to show the car at the station some time and perhaps give a lecture. To which I replied “No, I think my friends would shank me if I did, but thanks anyway.”

Over all they acted cool (which is the opposite end of the spectrum for me). They seemed mostly concerned about Street Racing and not smog violations. Needless to say, my car isn’t going to be on Highland streets anytime soon since the other thing they wanted info on was how to profile racers and what IMO was the most legitimate means to do so.

krillin
05-19-2006, 03:30 PM
i'm a fan!

*chris*
05-19-2006, 03:36 PM
The lady working points at me and I swear to god, I could have thrown my drink at her, I was so pissed!

lol i can sympathize with that feeling

Evoegg
05-19-2006, 03:38 PM
Glad you didnt got any ticket!!! Congrats man!!!

you should have take some pics with the cops inspecting your car !!!! and ask them SMILE !!!

BTW which Starbucks is it?

Evoegg

Terry S
05-19-2006, 03:38 PM
:2funny:

wrong folder blaze...

Terry S

Blaze
05-19-2006, 03:39 PM

wrong folder blaze...

Terry S

It's GENERAL EVO woes.....

Terry S
05-19-2006, 03:40 PM

wrong folder blaze...

Terry S

It's GENERAL EVO woes.....

Law Enforcement and Vehicle/Smog Laws
Use this section to talk about vehicle and smog laws. You may also use this section to talk about encounters with law enforcement.

lol i'm just asking for a 3 day ban or some crap.

Terry S

Blaze
05-19-2006, 03:41 PM
lol

I guess you're right. I'll move it.

:grin:

Terry S
05-19-2006, 03:42 PM
Nah leave it as an example for others. :2funny: :D

Terry S

Terry S
05-19-2006, 03:47 PM
Over all they acted cool (which is the opposite end of the spectrum for me). They seemed mostly concerned about Street Racing and not smog violations. Needless to say, my car isn’t going to be on Highland streets anytime soon since the other thing they wanted info on was how to profile racers and what IMO was the most legitimate means to do so.

And to actually contribute to this thread (:gasp:), you cant really profile racers, you just have to catch them in the act. If they actually patrolled around in unmarked cars instead of chilling at some church/restaurant parking lot getting BJ's, they might catch some people in the act.

Terry S

909Evo
05-19-2006, 03:49 PM
I'm glad you were treated with a little bit of respect, maybe now I have some ammunition for the anti-pig comments.

silvery_eagle
05-19-2006, 03:50 PM
you should have ask them how much are they willing to pay you for the time lol
who knows maybe after your "lecture" the cops are going to pay less attention on Evo.. and more attention to other cars :D

Finally, the thanked me for my time as asked if I’d be willing to show the car at the station some time and perhaps give a lecture. To which I replied “No, I think my friends would shank me if I did, but thanks anyway.”

Blaze
And to actually contribute to this thread (:gasp:), you cant really profile racers, you just have to catch them in the act. If they actually patrolled around in unmarked cars instead of chilling at some church/restaurant parking lot getting BJ's, they might catch some people in the act.

Terry S

Well I gotta tell y'all. That's more of less specifically what they asked.

"How would I know you're a street racer by looking at your car?"

Thero
I'm glad you were treated well. You look a little older so maybe that help cut you some slack. You should of told them the way to spot a Street racer is by the Honda Emblem on the back ^-^ j/k

silvery_eagle
05-19-2006, 03:52 PM
lol no way... Blaze looks pretty young to me...

Blaze
05-19-2006, 03:52 PM
I'm glad you were treated with a little bit of respect, maybe now I have some ammunition for the anti-pig comments.

Whoa-whoa-whoa.

So there is ZERO room for misunderstanding, my opinions are concrete on that topic.
And I'll stop now before I get into a rant.

Terry S
05-19-2006, 03:53 PM
Well I gotta tell y'all. That's more of less specifically what they asked.

"How would I know you're a street racer by looking at your car?"

fkin retards. Profiling like that is going end up in some serious lawsuits here eventually. That's too easy to morph into racial/stereotype profiling.

Terry S

evomrguy
05-19-2006, 07:51 PM
Man like you need another excuse to keep your car in your garage anymore than it already is. So now instead of a bimonthly cruise its only going to be once a month. ;)

909Evo
05-19-2006, 11:57 PM
Lol street racing and racism have nothing to do with each other. Profiling yes, but ... well, thats not illegal. He didn't ask blaze "By looking at your car, how would I know your white?" He said "how would I know your a street racer?" and again, thats not illegal.

And you mean it? For real? I can just park in a parking lot of a church and get blow jobs all day?

x[corwyn]
05-20-2006, 12:58 AM
Ugh. I got pulled over with my roommate holding hot dinner so I was driving UNDER The limit. Cop pulled me over because I looked like a "street racer". My roommate usually gives me crap for not having restraint...He wanted to kill that cop. They are profiling. I believe that is illegal.

As for telling cops what to look for....Look for "spinners".

redteam22003
05-22-2006, 12:10 PM
Cops...dont you just hate 'em=P

"NO WAY DUDE.

IF YOU DO, BLAZE WILL SO-TOTALLY CATCH YOU AND MARK UP YOUR POST.

HE'LL EVEN MAKE IT SEEM LIKE IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN

OBVIOUS

...THAT SOCAL DOES NOT CONDONE STREET RACING"

909Evo
05-22-2006, 09:06 PM
I don't get it... blaze doesn't like cops either...

I'm lost.

redteam22003
05-23-2006, 01:00 PM
I don't get it... blaze doesn't like cops either...

I'm lost.
uh...What is there not to get? He is a cop on this forum...Try posting some on street racing

j/k Blaze

mrfan
05-24-2006, 07:42 AM
Atleast they let you go :)

Blaze
05-24-2006, 08:15 AM
Atleast they let you go :)

Yes, but I still feel....dirty

ultraflip
05-24-2006, 08:15 AM

i don't see the problem

Blaze
05-24-2006, 08:22 AM

i don't see the problem

It's a different kind of ditry feeling.
It's not like when billy used to give asian boys the reach around.
It's more like when you were the asian boy, but you like it and wore a dress so he could get a better feel.

ultraflip
05-24-2006, 08:23 AM

i don't see the problem

It's more like when you were the asian boy, but you like it and wore a dress so he could get a better feel.

hahahahahahahhaa

Macky
05-24-2006, 12:00 PM
hahaha thats just wrong

SpdyEvo02
05-24-2006, 12:15 PM

i don't see the problem

thats fkin hilarious

panem
05-25-2006, 03:31 PM
thats bike cops is going to be on the look out for you blaze, j/k.... they wanted to know more about our cars so they can pull us over even more.... damn them

Blaze
05-25-2006, 03:36 PM
It's been in the garage for the last week or so now.
...quietly hiding under two car covers.
I like to use two to keep dust off the first one.

SpdyEvo02
05-25-2006, 04:09 PM
It's been in the garage for the last week or so now.
...quietly hiding under two car covers.
I like to use two to keep dust off the first one.

rofl

BlueBooster
05-25-2006, 11:35 PM

i don't see the problem

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Chris in SD
05-26-2006, 03:19 AM
I'm glad it didn't turn out bad. It reminds me of when Noel (Solarxclipse) and I first met when I moved back to SD. We were wasting time in Starbucks for a couple hours, waiting for the table full of cops in front of our cars to leave. When we finally said screw it, one of the cops came to my window and said something to the effect of "Nice car - don't drive too fast"... Sometimes we can get lucky... I'm surprised they didn't go nuts about your test pipe.

vr6t
05-28-2006, 04:18 PM
ahha Nice story...and thumbs up on keeping things cool!