PDA

View Full Version : SpeedTrial

budzik
05-19-2006, 07:10 PM
Anyone have experience running in a Speedtrial trackevent?

Miss Evo8
05-19-2006, 08:34 PM
Do you mean a Time Attack?

Senshi
05-19-2006, 08:43 PM
they are pritty bad, unorginized and way to meny people sign up.

budzik
05-19-2006, 08:57 PM
Just a track day, there is one next weekend at SOW

Miss Evo8
05-20-2006, 10:50 AM
oh not sure If I went to one before...it might have been because it was pretty ghetto and unorginized like Elijah said......

GokuSSJ4
05-20-2006, 11:00 AM
they are pritty bad, unorginized and way to meny people sign up.

agreed, not the greatest experience....

Richard EVO
05-20-2006, 11:47 AM
Speed Trials USA is the worst and most unsafe group I have ever run with.* The drivers are mostly young kids who have no idea what they are doing.* The organizer tells you to get pre-teched at a local shop before the event, which is a pain in the azz.* Then you have get in the tech line at the event anyway.* The tech person wrote that I had to get new tires before the event, but I know RA-1s, and I had 2 track days on those tires for sure.* I ran with them one day at Buttonwillow last year, but never will again.* I got some instruction in a different run group.* Halfway throug the session I wanted to get in the driver seat and practice what the instructor showed me for the rest of the session and they wouldn't let me go out because it wasn't my group.

The have a really long drivers meeting, and talk "safety, safety, safety."* Then I went out in the high-intermediate group, and the drivers are spinning all over the track.* Three spin-outs right in front of me in one day, that's a lot.* The worst one was the event organizer's friend driving the event organizer's car.* He spun out in Cotton Corners, and did what you are told not to do.* He tried to save it and ended up in the middle of the track in a tight turn sequence.* I barely missed him.* :-o

budzik
05-20-2006, 04:03 PM
Scratch that off my list then.

ChrisF
05-20-2006, 06:39 PM
Please do. They are single handedly responsible for my wife never wanting to track again. I took her back in early 04 to Buttonwillow for one of their events in what was at the time her brand new EVO. She was very excited and had a great time for 3/4 of the day. In the last session, I rode along with her as passenger. Towards the end of the session, I noticed some really fast and reckless drivers out on the track who had no business in the beginners group. Then, there were a bunch of them, passing her in just about every place on the track. She completely freaked out and got off the track as soon as she could. We later found out that at the end of the beginners session, they opened the track to ALL drivers without first taking off the beginners. They risked both of our safety and I will NEVER run with them again.