PDA

View Full Version : Evolution or just car sickness?

kaane
05-20-2006, 09:11 PM
After I got my evo, I decided I wanted something more refined, so I ended up buying a 2005 M3, that was just too boring and slow, so I upgraded and bought a 2001 Porsche 911 turbo. That was fast, but somehow it just didnt drive that good and I never felt comfortable in it. So i got a 1990 Nissan Skyline GTR, that car was almost everything I wanted, but it was a little bit old and cops were busting my balls in my area, so that went bye bye. In the mean time I picked up another car, a 1990 Nissan 300zx twin turbo. It was nice, I always wanted one, but a blown head gasket, and almost $8000 in repairs, made me rethink it as a long term car. So that is for sale.

So now I was driving a 1997 Honda Civic that my GF gave me.... pretty sad de-Evolution. So I knew I had to do something because the civic was just driving me insane.

So what do I like? 4 cylinders 1 turbo and AWD and a stupid wing.

Here is the result.

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/1062/sub14cv.jpg

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/7112/sub27ts.jpg

j_nizzle
05-20-2006, 09:13 PM
meh...with all that money, you could help me finish my integra!

silvery_eagle
05-20-2006, 10:10 PM
how does it drive compare to the evo?

kaane
05-20-2006, 10:29 PM
It drives pretty damn nice. I really like the low down torque. It is not as fast, but my evo was putting down 390whp so it is not a good comparison. I really like the interior, it feels little bit more solid and not as cheap as the evo. I love the BBS wheels. I love the engine noise, I like the throttle by wire system, it makes it so much more responsive. Overall it is a great car with just enough of everything done right to make it a super enjoyable vehicle.

GOOSE_Ej
05-20-2006, 10:33 PM
never liked the new subie and i dont think i ever will.

but if u like it good stuff

kaane
05-20-2006, 10:42 PM
the only thing that is bugging me are the tail lights, I will have to switch them to 2005 models, that are just plain red.

kimletrim
05-20-2006, 10:57 PM
Do you get carsick watching your rear wing and hood cowl shake? lol

j_nizzle
05-20-2006, 11:02 PM
the only thing that is bugging me are the tail lights, I will have to switch them to 2005 models, that are just plain red.

might as well do the forester sti/05 sti front end conversion with it

kaane
05-20-2006, 11:06 PM
nah, I actually like the front end, it is growing on me.

kcross
05-20-2006, 11:14 PM
any reason you didnt just buy another evo?

Miss Evo8
05-20-2006, 11:25 PM
SAAB-ARU!

kaane
05-21-2006, 09:20 AM
Just wanted to try something different. Plus I am just over the styling on the evo's.

thisxguy
05-21-2006, 10:57 AM
so much money spent.

nice pick though. i would've gone with something else. but whatever makes you happy...do it.

man...
i wish i was rich...i wish i was rich

darkevo
05-21-2006, 11:13 AM
Not a bad car, but yeah styling with the EVO was just a little better in my opinion.* I felt the cars were pretty even, but the EVO won since it has a better warranty!* Enjoy the car.

fusionchicken
05-21-2006, 04:39 PM
how's about the handling of the STi compared to ur Evo?

when i drove the STi the engine response is much better than my Evo 9. but i love it when the turbo surges, whereas the sti's power delivery was too smooth for me lol. different stroke for differnt folks :D

darkevo
05-21-2006, 05:38 PM

when i drove the STi the engine response is much better than my Evo 9. but i love it when the turbo surges, whereas the sti's power delivery was too smooth for me lol. different stroke for differnt folks :D

EVO will out handle it hands down.* The STI is more a freeway cruiser car, while the EVO is more hard core preformance car.* So depends on what you like/want. :mitsu:

kaane
05-21-2006, 10:05 PM
My evo had hard core suspension mods, so it was definetly handling way better. STI is definetly a better daily driver, while the evo was a better track car.

leaveit2bevo
05-22-2006, 12:26 AM
what was wrong with the 911 turbo?

kaane
05-22-2006, 09:28 AM
Shitty clutch engagement, horrible seats, mods super overpriced. Stock handling not so good.

NMREJ6
05-22-2006, 10:59 AM
O0 it looks okay

mangoes
05-23-2006, 08:09 PM
the car looks great ^_^. you got the same color as my friend =). i hope you treat the car a lot better than him tho. he puts his car through hell O_O

fusionchicken
05-25-2006, 01:35 AM

EVO will out handle it hands down. The STI is more a freeway cruiser car, while the EVO is more hard core preformance car. So depends on what you like/want. :mitsu:

yep thats exactly how i felt about the Evo and STi's differences :)

can't believe the OP sold the 996TT for an STi....actually, that's pretty awesome.

wj4
05-27-2006, 11:50 PM
u shouldve taken pix of all those cars and make a timeline :grin:
i wouldve kept the m3 though, hehe :-P

Chris in SD
05-28-2006, 06:58 AM
I feel your car-whore pain... I am the same way (on a lesser $$ scale). Is that the Crystal Grey Metallic color? If so, me likey...

As for M3s, talk about an overrated car... Those of you who love M3s so much should go drive one and break the magic spell. When I drove my buddy's M3 SMG II, I was really disappointed. It felt really heavy, even heavier than my S4 feels now (I know the M3 is lighter on the scale - I am talking about subjective feel). Also, when I spanked him over and over with my Evo, it kind of killed the idea that the M3 is some kind of uber-car. I think they look great, but they are nothing too special.

Miss Evo8
05-28-2006, 11:42 AM
I feel your car-whore pain... I am the same way (on a lesser $$ scale). Is that the Crystal Grey Metallic color? If so, me likey...

As for M3s, talk about an overrated car... Those of you who love M3s so much should go drive one and break the magic spell. When I drove my buddy's M3 SMG II, I was really disappointed. It felt really heavy, even heavier than my S4 feels now (I know the M3 is lighter on the scale - I am talking about subjective feel). Also, when I spanked him over and over with my Evo, it kind of killed the idea that the M3 is some kind of uber-car. I think they look great, but they are nothing too special.

Thank you! Someone finally said it! A friend of a had a new M3....we had "Ricer night" one night back when my Evo was new...spanked him over and over...it got boring....the car is nice, with good build quality but it was slow and the M3 guy was truely dissapointed in his car at the end!

wj4
06-06-2006, 01:04 AM
Those of you who love M3s so much should go drive one and break the magic spell.
one of my friends have one, an smg...not a manual. its not fast, but its a good cruiser. the way it looks is dropdead gorgeous as well.