PDA

View Full Version : Ticketed for parking on a hill

Ben1386
05-20-2006, 11:35 PM
Got a ticket last week for not having my wheels turned toward the curb on a hill. Ticket is for $48. Have any of you heard of this?

kcross
05-20-2006, 11:38 PM
haha. thats a good one. i guess it was a slow day.

kimletrim
05-20-2006, 11:40 PM
Actually, I agree with the citation. *People need to learn how to park on a hill or apply what they read in the Driver's Education manual.

An unmanned rolling car is not something I want to see happen.

But as far as the ticket, I have not heard of anyone else getting such a citation. *But if you can be cited for parking too far away from the curb, I don't see why improper parking of the car on a hill would be any different.

alex_alex
05-21-2006, 12:57 AM
Got a ticket last week for not having my wheels turned toward the curb on a hill. Ticket is for $48. Have any of you heard of this?

dude. you're supposed to learn that in driving school . . . just in case common sense fails you

bogey8
05-21-2006, 01:17 AM
I got a ticket for parking more than 18 inches away from the curb a long time ago in front of our house.

wirespeed
05-21-2006, 01:38 AM
i heard of that before...my friend got one in la puente

BHCevo
05-21-2006, 02:14 AM
Man.....you bad hill parkers are almost as bad as those chronic tailgaters.

BlueBooster
05-21-2006, 10:17 AM
... those chronic tailgaters.
It's called drafting... :grin:

EvolvedMCC
05-21-2006, 10:51 AM
yes u can get a ticket for 1)being too far from the curb, 2)not having your wheels turned away from the curb while parked uphill and 3)not having your wheels turned towards the curb while parked downhill. still amazes me how many fools i see parked downhill with their wheels facing away from the curb. lol.

nurb2
05-21-2006, 11:17 AM

dude. you're supposed to learn that in driving school . . . just in case common sense fails you

+1. It's on the DMV driver's license test too.

-nurb2-

Ben1386
05-21-2006, 01:00 PM
I do know to turn my wheel...but I just forgot to that day. Oh well, I definitely won't forget next time.

05-21-2006, 05:19 PM
My friend got one of those a couple months back in San Diego near Seaworld. Where did you get yours?

CubanEvo
05-21-2006, 07:01 PM
wow thats a bit overkill dont u think. I mean i understand them writring u a warning cause of course a car rolling down a hill is not something that we need but writing a ticket is ridiculous. At least it isnt that much man, i'd just pay it and always remmeber to turn my wheels lol

Ben1386
05-21-2006, 07:18 PM
cadawg2000: I got it at City College in downtown.

CubanEvo: It would have been nice to get a warning, but I'm not surprised since I was in downtown with all the meter maids patrolling. At least I had money in my meter and I didn't get two tickets.

CubanEvo
05-21-2006, 08:24 PM
cadawg2000: I got it at City College in downtown.

CubanEvo: It would have been nice to get a warning, but I'm not surprised since I was in downtown with all the meter maids patrolling. At least I had money in my meter and I didn't get two tickets.

haha true dat....im suprised they wrote u a ticket though even though u had the money in the meter. I mean i'd understand if u hadnt payed and then they really wantd to get u...but i guess it was a slow day for the meter maids lol

ovenmit331
05-22-2006, 06:36 AM
... those chronic tailgaters.
It's called drafting... :grin:

BAH HA HA HA HA!!!!

Absinthe
05-22-2006, 06:52 AM
Actually, I agree with the citation. People need to learn how to park on a hill or apply what they read in the Driver's Education manual.

An unmanned rolling car is not something I want to see happen.

But as far as the ticket, I have not heard of anyone else getting such a citation. But if you can be cited for parking too far away from the curb, I don't see why improper parking of the car on a hill would be any different.

They give these things out like CRAZY in San Fran, little less common here I guess since its flat as shit.