PDA

View Full Version : What do I have to look forward to in Costa Mesa when I get back..

blkside
05-21-2006, 05:17 PM
I pick up my EVO a few days after I return from Iraq and was wondering how bad Costa Mesa is...any places to avoid?

kcross
05-21-2006, 05:37 PM
harbor blvd.

volcomguy84
05-21-2006, 05:48 PM
lol +1

blkside
05-21-2006, 05:52 PM
Thats not cool I live off harbor right there next to the 405.I guess I should find a good lawyer.anywhere else?

kcross
05-21-2006, 05:59 PM
anything near harbor. better yet just move.

blkside
05-21-2006, 06:08 PM
I am seriously considering it. Ca is way too expensive and way too strict on mods...its getting stupid....

x[corwyn]
05-21-2006, 06:14 PM
I live close by. Got pulled over by a crappy ass cop on Harbor. Only cop that harrassed me in LA or OC for a basically stock looking Evo... You would think the car dealerships that generate some revenue for the city would say something to the respective city council though. Business owners have SOME pull. The red light cameras, the BS heavy handed uninformed enforcement is way out of hand.

blkside
05-21-2006, 06:21 PM
Well I am gonna write an email to the costa mesa council woman I know and see what I can get started to try to curb some of this bullshit at least in CM. I didnt survive 3 tours in the desert full of BS to come home and get more BS...Any thoughts on it?

kcross
05-21-2006, 06:32 PM
its not even all of ca. i mean i just live over in huntington beach and despite the reputation they have ive had very few problems. but i was spending a lot of time over in costa mesa for about 4 months and it was just ridiculous.

volcomguy84
05-21-2006, 06:36 PM
i live right across from occ behind SC mitsu......and i have gotten pulled over twice for nothing within a block of my house!!

blkside
05-21-2006, 06:42 PM
Yeah well I hopefully wont get hassled while I am on leave but when I am back for good I am gonna have to find a way to switch my plates to Tennessee. On another point how is HB Mitsu? I already bought my wife her truck from SC but HB looks just as good....Has anyone had anything retarded happen with the cops in the area?

CubanEvo
05-21-2006, 06:59 PM
yeh its getting utterly ridiculous. I live right off of garden grove blvd and city drive and whenever i get closer and closer to costa mesa driving wise i get followed more and more by cops.....and then whenever i hit orange its pull over heaven there. I seriously keep my car at 2000 RPM at all times....even if that means 5th gear goin down tustin these days

blkside
05-21-2006, 07:04 PM
I am sure they are doing this to most of the imports but I want to get some bullshit ticket for the car being too low cause I am gonna drive down the street and park at the ferrari lot and take pics next to their cars....Dumb bastards...I just emailed the council woman I know and I wanna find out how many tickets were given this year and what percentage were imports to domestics and how many 100K + cars got screwed with...If I stay in Ca I am gonna be cautious....all CA cops are shady...

Macky
05-21-2006, 07:05 PM
south coast plaza, the hooters on harbor blvd, etc. almost every establishment along harbor blvd is open game for the po-po's. and it will only get worse when 3F3F Tokyo drift comes out in theatres.

CubanEvo
05-21-2006, 07:10 PM
south coast plaza, the hooters on harbor blvd, etc. almost every establishment along harbor blvd is open game for the po-po's. and it will only get worse when 3F3F Tokyo drift comes out in theatres.

thats no lie. Every1 saw what happened after the first movie and then the second movie came out....now imagine all these kids in their 240 sx's trying to drift on public streets. not to mention their is an evo in the movie so we are all screwed.

blkside
05-21-2006, 07:26 PM
Thank God I am not in the country for that movie. Hopefully it will all cool down by the time i get back. I am not interested in tickets and other nonsense. Keep me updated on how the drama unfolds. Especially after the movie comes out.

Macky
05-21-2006, 09:07 PM
Thank God I am not in the country for that movie. Hopefully it will all cool down by the time i get back. I am not interested in tickets and other nonsense. Keep me updated on how the drama unfolds. Especially after the movie comes out.

its not going to cool down for a few reasons:

1. younger and younger people can now afford (or their parents help them) to buy a used or even new evo. in my experience, more than half the time, the younger the owner, the less appreciation they have for the car, simple as that.

2. more than half of new and used evo buyers nowadays arent really enthusiasts that want the car for what "it is". in other words, they are mostly "payment buyers" rather than evo buyers. to quote/reference the wisdom a very knowledgeable person on these boards said to me, i for one would like to see markups back on evos to weed out those that buy it because they can afford it. it should be that they would buy it, regardless of the price, because they really want it and appreciate it for what the car is.

3. the more and more owners get BS tickets, the more it will affect everyone else in the long term and in the wider perspective. insurance rates will go up, and not to mention more and more cops will know the evo because of the poor judgement most young/new owners exercise.

GngrbrdMR276
05-21-2006, 09:15 PM
I am a young evo driver I have driven my car for a year without a ticket, and I had an rx-7 before that without a ticket. I think that making broad judgements is a little inconsiderate. There are irresponsible drivers of all ages.

blkside
05-21-2006, 09:21 PM
Well I am almost 27 and have been wrenching on cars for years. I am definitely an enthusiast. I love the EVO but couldnt afford it before this deployment but thank goodness for war...it bought mama an 06 Outlander and its getting me the GG IX SE...I cant wait to get home...and for those of you in the CM area...do you guys ever meet?...Its not just the younger kids though cause i know even now I could drive the wheels off a car...its THE IMMATURE....they are our problem whether 19 or 39...its about responsibility and good judgement.

kcross
05-21-2006, 09:24 PM
you have to understand that just because youre a good driver (if you are) it means that you would be an exception. not the rule. i mean i will be the first to say i am a much better driver than i was a couple years ago. but i think i was at least a compotent driver to beging with.

however if you want to see what others think of the import scene go find a legit ricer meet. honest. go there and see why we get a bad reputation. if you dont want to do that, there will even be a couple at evo meets, i was at the long beach meet a week ago and there was a kid in a crx that almost ran right into a subaru in the parking lot while trying to launch/slide around a corner.

blkside
05-21-2006, 09:32 PM
Believe me I totally understand. I use to have a real nice V6 accord pretty well modded...not to street race or track but because thats WHAT I LIKE...and it would never fail that me and my Buddy(Prelude) could not go to subway without getting hit up...but were stationed in Tenn so not only do we have ricers but a tremendous amount of rednecks in everything you can imagine...On a given weekend most fas stations and car washes were filled with 2F2F cars and there huge wings on FWD cars and they always were trying to do burnouts and always wanting to race someone. You got to admit though that a 88 civic on the freeway hitting his flashers deserves respect....I was at the 1/8th as a spectator and watched a 78 Dodge Truck with a Gooseneck running so trust me I know...but I am trying to avoid being a victim of mod profiling while KEEPING MY EVO.....

GngrbrdMR276
05-21-2006, 10:04 PM
BTW Mesa isn't that bad, I'm there at least a few hours each day and I have no problems with the cops.

Macky
05-21-2006, 10:57 PM
I am a young evo driver I have driven my car for a year without a ticket, and I had an rx-7 before that without a ticket. I think that making broad judgements is a little inconsiderate. There are irresponsible drivers of all ages.

there are exceptions. thing is, there are not enough exceptions to the norm to make a difference.

Macky
05-21-2006, 10:58 PM
Well I am almost 27 and have been wrenching on cars for years. I am definitely an enthusiast. I love the EVO but couldnt afford it before this deployment but thank goodness for war...it bought mama an 06 Outlander and its getting me the GG IX SE...I cant wait to get home...and for those of you in the CM area...do you guys ever meet?...Its not just the younger kids though cause i know even now I could drive the wheels off a car...its THE IMMATURE....they are our problem whether 19 or 39...its about responsibility and good judgement.

yes.

and unfortunately, i only know a few who have both. very very few.

Macky
05-21-2006, 11:01 PM
BTW Mesa isn't that bad, I'm there at least a few hours each day and I have no problems with the cops.

you werent there during the original south coast starbucks meets, and up to the point where it got closed down because of all the examples i noted. its not even funny.

and just to clarify, im referring about nighttime instances. you could drive up and down harbor in high noon and not get pulled over. but at night things change.

blkside
05-22-2006, 02:24 PM
Well I guess if you see a post from me in mid sept labeled "Need Bail Money" then you know I got snagged cause I need to run the break in period in the first couple of days I am home so I will be on the street day and night under 5K Rpm cause I have to drive back to Tenn for a lil while before I am home for good and plan on opening her up through AZ and NM. Well when I am home maybe you guys can intro yourself in person so I know a few fellow EVO enthusiasts. :knuppel2: :police: :mitsu: = :twisted:

x[corwyn]
05-22-2006, 03:00 PM
Yeah well I hopefully wont get hassled while I am on leave but when I am back for good I am gonna have to find a way to switch my plates to Tennessee. On another point how is HB Mitsu? I already bought my wife her truck from SC but HB looks just as good....Has anyone had anything retarded happen with the cops in the area?

Cops are harder on motorcyclists in HB than cars. I haven't been pulled over for any BS in my car, but I was harrased a lot on the bike...and the police report they wrote up was laughable at best for my motorcycle accident.

Macky
05-22-2006, 04:00 PM
Well I guess if you see a post from me in mid sept labeled "Need Bail Money" then you know I got snagged cause I need to run the break in period in the first couple of days I am home so I will be on the street day and night under 5K Rpm cause I have to drive back to Tenn for a lil while before I am home for good and plan on opening her up through AZ and NM. Well when I am home maybe you guys can intro yourself in person so I know a few fellow EVO enthusiasts. :knuppel2: :police: :mitsu: = :twisted:

just let us know when you'll be in town so we can show you around O0

blkside
05-22-2006, 04:19 PM
I should be home hopefully in the middle of september...I have the SE on order and will be picking it up the same day if I get in early enough and if not the next day. I am familiar with the Area but dont know anyone in Ca with an EVO..guess cause i havent lived in CA in 9 years. I would love to be shown around and where to avoid...and I cant avoid Harbor cause I live by the 405....maybe I can get a body kit to make it look like a Benz...then I wont get screwed with....thanks for the offer I will definitely take you up on it....I am gonna try to get the 600 miles out of the way as soon as possible....so I will be driving the wheels off that thing....all under 5K of course....