PDA

View Full Version : police herasment at its finest

jevo
05-25-2006, 10:27 PM
so today i was picking up some parts in agura and when i was coming down a street i was at a stop sign waiting to turn left a cop waived me foward and as soon as i turned left he lit me up and so i pulled over and he gives me the whole liscense and regestration deal then as i am handing it to him he asked me to step out of my car? ok he brings me to the back tells me to put my hands behind my back and searches me? still dont know why i was pulled over and then he puts me in the back of the car and asked if he could search mine and i said i would perfer you not to, i dont have anything illigal in it and he then procides to search my car tearing papers and scratching up my interior when he was done he put me back into my car and left. my car was a mess papers everywhere and missing my 20 doller bill signed by some friends.. what should i do

javinsMR
05-25-2006, 10:32 PM
report it...

jevo
05-25-2006, 10:34 PM
i did and they said that they like dont have a report of anyone in that area or with my liscense plates being pulled over?

javinsMR
05-25-2006, 10:43 PM
man... that sucks... looks like the P.O. was trippin' trying to find something he could charge you with...
and took off with your money. >:(

hardcoreracing
05-26-2006, 08:26 AM
next time try to get his name, badge number, and station that he works out of. Then go and file a complaint. That's about all you can do. Legally that is.

itsnino
05-26-2006, 08:48 AM
smh @ that cop...

*chris*
05-26-2006, 09:56 AM
wth ....?!

DTunedEvoX
05-26-2006, 10:10 AM
Learn your 4th Ammendment Rights ... If its true- report it ...

kimletrim
05-26-2006, 10:35 AM
I'll raise it! :bs:

Unless we are missing some important facts here.

Blaze
05-26-2006, 11:14 AM
It's important to not the badge number when you get pulled over.

On normal stops they call everything in. If it wasn't then there's no record of it ever happening.
Sounds like he saw you were by yourself, and pulled you over specifically to give you grief, without the intention of issuing a ticket.

You can report it (if you knew his name or badge). Without it it won't do you much good. Besides reporting a cop to another cop? Please. "Blue Wall" man. They don't eat their own. It would be like one of use reporting that another member was running a test pipe.

On a side note: Ultimately reporting this or anything means you will file a report. This report will stay on the officers record. The more reports filed against an officer the easier it is (for someone) in the future to pull that record and use it against him in court at some future date.

kick-a$$-evo
05-26-2006, 11:20 AM
man that really sucks and for a cop to that to is fkd up... i have never heard of a cop doing that...

WavMixer
05-26-2006, 11:21 AM
Sounds jevo provided the cop with coffee and doughnuts with him and his buddies that morning. :police:

Blaze
05-26-2006, 11:25 AM
Sounds jevo provided the cop with coffee and doughnuts with him and his buddies that morning. :police:

No lie.

In mexico when you normally keep your lic. in a thin bi-fold. Behind the lic. you keep 20-50 dollars cash. You never openly bribe someone unless you want to end up in jail....or paying an even larger bribe.

Perhaps your 20 spot got you out of a heavier ticket?

909Evo
05-27-2006, 03:48 PM
I'm calling b-s to the umpteenth degree...

This whole "blue wall" as blaze put it doesn't really exist anymore. I mean sure, we will never get a speeding ticket, but this violates so many federal laws its ridiculous. This guy would be in federal pound me in the ass prison. If this were true, and someone was doing things like this, he needs to be reported, and he needs to be investigated by IA.

jevo
05-27-2006, 04:18 PM
JDMC-WestEVO saw the whole thing go down

Tarmac02
05-28-2006, 01:19 AM
If all this went down and you didn't find some way to identify the officer then you are an idiot. Your rights were violated and you have no way to back it up.

wilson1
05-28-2006, 10:03 AM
wow, sucks to hear this!

Gear Grinder
05-28-2006, 10:09 AM
no video/ no credible witness/ no luck.
Just don't go to Agura anymore.

909Evo
05-28-2006, 10:42 AM
Dude i'm truly sorry for the way you were treated.

But there are 2 sides to every story, and I'm 100% positive your not telling the full side of your story. For instance, what were you pulled over for, like what VC violation. Second, what was his reasonable suspicion to pull you outta the car? Third, what was his reasonable suspicion to put you in the back of his car? What was his probable cause to search your car?

I mean, from what you say, this is how it went down...
"License and registration please"
"Ok step outta the car, get in the back of mine while I search your car"
"Get outta here"

It just does not happen like that. Do you have any priors? Were you driving like an asshat? What VC's are you violating? Was there only 1 officer and more than 1 of you guys? Did you mouth off? Is there something in plain view in your car?

As far as the pat down he did, thats perfectly legal. So is the seating you in the back of his car. See Terry vs. Ohio, it gives officers the right to do that if they feel they're safety might be threatened, i.e. its dark, your wearing baggy clothes, there are more of you than there are officers etc..

But pulling you over with no violations commited, and a search of your vehicle with no probable cause is highly illegal. There has got to be SOMETHING your leaving out.

Now, if you know exactly where you were pulled over, and the department says they have no radio traffic of him initiating a T-stop, you should still be able to find out what officers worked that beat, on that night. Once you know the name of the officer, go down to the station and request to meet with him about the incident. This will at least allow you to make a positive ID on the officer. From there you can go back and file a complaint about him.

Oh snaps, i just re-read your post like 10 times, and you said "I would prefer you not" about searching your car. You didn't actually tell him no. While both you and I and the officer know exactly what you meant, you still did not deny consent.
And this could be a dumb question, but that 20 dollar bill, was it signed with REAL names, or monikers?
I still say this incident NEEDS to be reported, and you need to get creative with finding out what the officers name is.

gofaster87
05-28-2006, 02:03 PM
Oh god, wake up. You must be a new cop or an ignorant one. I have plenty of friends that have been on the force for 15-20 years and they tell me some rather nice stories. Favors and protecting one another is still done and will always be done. Not everyone does it but many do. Cops do fuck with people for no reason and yes it happened to me. To protect myself I asked for all his info and the guy pretty much took off quicker than shit. You know theyre doing something wrong when you ask for a name and badge number and the guy starts sweating.

909Evo
05-28-2006, 03:41 PM
Well, i'm sorry, but my brother has a DUI on his record that would disagree with you.

15-20 years ago, yea people covered for each other. Life is different now though. You were dead on dude, you figured me out, but seriously, who do I work with? Those same people who tell you the same stories. Trust me, there isn't a speshal story that gets made just for gofaster, I've heard them all too bro.

And I never said the dude deserved it, I still say he need's to report it.

vr6t
05-28-2006, 04:14 PM
Man that really sucks...Karma will kick him in the ass!

EvoPwr
05-28-2006, 04:20 PM
could be a fake cop, it is far fetched but still possible.