PDA

View Full Version : Positive Encounters

Bills Evo
05-26-2006, 05:31 AM
Just wanted to throw in my $0.02 worth regarding positive encounters with the police/sheriff.
* * I have an '06MR GG. Totally stock on the outside but have a few mods under the hood (350+hp). It sounds a bit loud but certainly not ricer sounding.
* * I get looked at fairly often but once they see an old guy driving....nothing(thank you God). I'm sure that were I a lot younger I'd get pulled over and checked out. This tells me that profiling is well and alive.
* * BTW I'm 61, some grey hair. OK, ok, a lot of grey hair, what's left at least. Mostly the officers I've talked with are cool and they are fine with me. Again, I'm sure it's my age that keeps me from getting hasseled.* * * Bill

ultraflip
05-26-2006, 05:58 AM
you dont come off as being THAT old bill... come on now... give yourself some credit!! lol

v8hater
05-26-2006, 07:31 AM
So the point of your story is that the I am going to have to wait another 30-40 years before the pigs stop harrassing me =) LOL

itsnino
05-26-2006, 08:50 AM
So the point of your story is that the I am going to have to wait another 30-40 years before the pigs stop harrassing me =) LOL

basically, either that or dye your hair gray/white. lol

ArBizZzLe
05-26-2006, 08:54 AM
I guess being older has it advantages if your into what we're doing now! hahah O0

Terry S
05-26-2006, 10:39 AM
Looks like there's going to be alot of American Idol look alikes in the Evo world.... :2funny:

Terry S

Blaze
05-26-2006, 11:05 AM
Was that a positive encounter or LACK OF an encounter?
:?

evorocks
05-26-2006, 11:55 AM
Talk about desa vue.........46, snow white hair, IXGG, Mods and never get a second look from the man. I guess its true your all need to go grey!!!!!!

Blaze
05-26-2006, 12:08 PM
Talk about desa vue.........46, snow white hair, IXGG, Mods and never get a second look from the man. I guess its true your all need to go grey!!!!!!

Going Grey.

Someone needs to do a write up on that in the How To section.

Best mod ever!
O0

EvolvedMCC
05-26-2006, 12:31 PM
time to go taylor hicks then. or wait 30 more years. problem is, no one in my family has gone grey, except from my grandpa who went white in his last 10 years.

Blaze
05-26-2006, 12:44 PM
I'll do a write up on going grey one o fthese days.
I need to write the highly anticipated "Book of Sam" first.

darkevo
05-26-2006, 12:47 PM
Just wanted to throw in my $0.02 worth regarding positive encounters with the police/sheriff.
* *I have an '06MR GG. Totally stock on the outside but have a few mods under the hood (350+hp). It sounds a bit loud but certainly not ricer sounding.
* *I get looked at fairly often but once they see an old guy driving....nothing(thank you God). I'm sure that were I a lot younger I'd get pulled over and checked out. This tells me that profiling is well and alive.
* *BTW I'm 61, some grey hair. OK, ok, a lot of grey hair, what's left at least. Mostly the officers I've talked with are cool and they are fine with me. Again, I'm sure it's my age that keeps me from getting hasseled. * * *Bill

Hell yeah it's because of your age!! *What sucks is that your're older and probably well off enough now where you can afford a ticket!!! lol *I don't know if I could do the Jay Leno "skunk" look. *How about a new Mitsubishi part - white wig and an AARP license plate frame for EVO owners?...call it the "zero ticket kit"* * :2funny:

Terry S
05-26-2006, 01:20 PM

Going Grey.

Someone needs to do a write up on that in the How To section.

Best mod ever!
O0

Sounds like this could be done with a parking lot install "How To"....

Terry S

hardcoreracing
05-26-2006, 01:42 PM
I've got the perfect solution for you guys. I got out of a few speeding tickets back in my honda days when they saw I had a baby car seat in the backseat of the car.

Step 1. Buy an infant car seat.

Step 2. Buy toy doll from Toys R US.

Step 3. Put doll in car seat and cover it up with blankets so only part of the head with fake hair is showing.

Step 4. Act all emotional when the cop pulls you over. Tears gain extra points.

Step 5. Thank your lucky stars you just got out of a ticket.

evorocks
05-26-2006, 02:21 PM
Blaze, Sure I can give you guys the basics on going grey but I'm trying to figure out how I explain the ear hair!!!!!!

Bills Evo
05-27-2006, 10:50 AM
ALRIGHT you guys! Cheese whiz. I have been pulled over three times with the only citation being one for tint on the front windows, and I have not complained about it 'cause I had tint on the front windows!
* * One time I was sitting at a red light, in my Evo, and a sheriff pulled up next to me on my right. He was about my age and said (swear to God) "wanna race?" and my wife says to him, "I don't think you'll win", then he says "wanna trade?" this time I say "Nah, yours is too visible". Then he says "nice car", I say "thanks". The light goes green and I go straight while he turns right.* I was glad my wife was with me 'cause no one would believe it.
* * When we went to have the ticket checked off for the tint the CHP guy was totally cool, talked with us like we were real people and we left there knowing that there are some real officers out there who are good people.
* * I'll stop here with one last comment- If you get caught breaking the law, shut up and take it like a man and DON'T WHINE! Think about alll the times you got away with it. My father gave me some good advice when he said "If you get caught doing something you shouldn't be doing, Shut up and take your medicine like a man. But if you're getting the blame for what you haven't done don't be afraid to stand up for your rights". We may not have gotten along very well but he did teach me some good lessons. I've learned some lessons in my life and I would be amiss if I didn't pass some good things along.* *One day at work(I teach High School) my students found out I was 60 and some of the kids said "Wow, you don't look that old" That made me feel good. But then some smart ass kid said, "Thats right, you don't look a day over 84".* Punk ass kid pops my balloon! Lets not take ourself too seriously.* Wish I could go into a battle of the wits with some ammunition.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Bill

Chris in SD
05-27-2006, 02:03 PM
Amen, brother...

WavMixer
05-27-2006, 02:31 PM
you dont come off as being THAT old bill... come on now... give yourself some credit!! lol
That old fart is older than me :2funny:

Bills Evo
05-29-2006, 09:26 AM
That's right. I was a waiter at the last supper. Good tippers too.* * * * * * * Bill :angel: :2funny:

vr6t
06-04-2006, 04:48 PM
I guess being older has it advantages if your into what we're doing now! hahah O0

x2

vr6t
06-04-2006, 04:51 PM
When we went to have the ticket checked off for the tint the CHP guy was totally cool, talked with us like we were real people and we left there knowing that there are some real officers out there who are good people.

Yea very few though..

gen4k20a2
06-05-2006, 08:01 PM
when i got a ticket i was speeding. I got out of the car as the cop was writing me up and was just standing there. He asked me to pop my hood and i did. My RSX had non-carb legal stuff and i said it was and i had the paper work at home. I got a little technical in explaining why if would be carb legal and he was like ok. We walk to the back and he looks at my license and says..."you ride"? I said ya ive been for a little while. Im standing there admiring the BMW bike he was on and asked if he rode outside of work and he said no way, that work made his ass sore as it was. We laughed and he said im writing you up for 70 in a 65 even though it was a 45 zone. He stressed that i could fight it and i SWEAR he was hinting for me to fight it and he wouldnt show but i just paid it anyways and that was that. Way cool man. He was 40 something and i was in a typical rice rocket RSX with a magnaflow tailpipe...after i manned up to the fact that i broke the law he stopped being agressive. Right before i left he said thanks for maning up to the violation cause it doenst happen too often.

MI-4 EVO
06-06-2006, 06:09 PM
If you get caught breaking the law, shut up and take it like a man and DON'T WHINE!

Amen to that!

I hate how so many people do stupid stuff, get caught, then whine and complain and scream about how they hate pigs (yea that helps) and are being abused or whatever. I grew up in a cop family, first a military cop, now regular PD type stuff. MOST cops are good people and are just trying to keep the roads safe.

There are two crosses near a telephone pole one block from my house. Single car, excessive speed. One kid was 18, the other 17. I bet their families wish they would have just gotten a ticket.

airforce1
06-06-2006, 06:34 PM
If you get caught breaking the law, shut up and take it like a man and DON'T WHINE!

Amen to that!

I hate how so many people do stupid stuff, get caught, then whine and complain and scream about how they hate pigs (yea that helps) and are being abused or whatever. I grew up in a cop family, first a military cop, now regular PD type stuff. MOST cops are good people and are just trying to keep the roads safe.

There are two crosses near a telephone pole one block from my house. Single car, excessive speed. One kid was 18, the other 17. I bet their families wish they would have just gotten a ticket.

amen +1 billion. Yes, police can be jerks at times but in the grand scheme of things they are there for our safety. Thanks for keeping the streets safe.