PDA

View Full Version : other cars itching to rev

ryan78
05-29-2006, 01:40 PM
hey guys, i just wnated to share my experience on the road. there are a lot of times that i'm just minding my own business while driving (just cruising at 30 mph) and somebody with a sport compact car (most recently SRT-4) revs up their engine besides me so probably let me i can hear their loud blow off valve. i just smile and ignore them.

EvoStevo
05-29-2006, 01:44 PM
no SRT4's but i had a young guy in a black G35 w/mods tempt me a few weeks ago.

DTunedEvoX
05-29-2006, 01:46 PM
Welcome to the club ...

TrickedOutEVOVIII
05-29-2006, 01:53 PM
indeed

cky_bam_marg
05-29-2006, 02:40 PM
sometimes i get so antsy i rev on myself.

kcross
05-29-2006, 02:41 PM
repost x10

Chris in SD
05-29-2006, 03:12 PM

Ha ha - that's funny.

Since I got my GTI, I get a TON of Civics, some SRTs, even Mustangs revving on me. I even had a redneck family (Mom, son, daughter - probably all sleeping together and 10 teeth between them) rev on me in a Cobra convertible when I downshifted for a light.... :roll:

cky_bam_marg
05-29-2006, 03:41 PM

Ha ha - that's funny.

Since I got my GTI, I get a TON of Civics, some SRTs, even Mustangs revving on me. I even had a redneck family (Mom, son, daughter - probably all sleeping together and 10 teeth between them) rev on me in a Cobra convertible when I downshifted for a light.... :roll:

hey how r u enjoying the GTI like i wanted to test drive one so badly but i couldnt b/c of the dealers policy of not letting anyone under 18 test drive, but yea really im very freakin picky about cars. the GTI is one of 3 cars i like (95-99eclipse turbo'd, evo8/6 and the GTI) and i was thinking in a few years if my evo gets sold or dies out or something i might go to this car. but yea r u enjoying it? have u found any cons?

speedracer2169
05-29-2006, 03:46 PM
That DSG tranny is fkn awesome. That is probably the only selling point for me is the tranny. I would probably buy an A3 3.2 or wait for the new R32. It handles great but I bet the Haldex will make it handle so much better. Oh and power too. need a lot more power. But man that tranny I love the sound of it upshifting and downshifting

Chris in SD
05-30-2006, 03:16 AM
The GTI is awesome. Not Evo fast, but then I didn't buy it for that. I really thought about an A3 w/DSG, but the 3.2 is WAY overpriced ($40K when you're done w/normal options). I am aware of VW's quality issues, but this car seems pretty well put together and it has a 4-year warranty.

I went to test drive the GTI a few months back because I'd read so much good stuff about it in the UK mags. I wanted to try the DSG - WOW!!! This thing is incredible. If you read reviews in most car mags of the GTI vs. Si, they won't test a DSG car against it because it's unfair. The DSG is much faster, shifts smoothly, etc. etc. It's also a big plus when you want to chill and pop it into auto mode.

Finally, I let about 5 or 6 guys in the DCEvoClub drive it last Friday and every one of them loved it and hope DSG makes it into the Evo X. :smitten:

EVO Neil
05-30-2006, 06:23 AM
hey guys, i just wnated to share my experience on the road. there are a lot of times that i'm just minding my own business while driving (just cruising at 30 mph) and somebody with a sport compact car (most recently SRT-4) revs up their engine besides me so probably let me i can hear their loud blow off valve. i just smile and ignore them.

I had a black SRT-4 rev on me last Sunday. I was driving my Red MR and he was going to turn the opposite direction until I went by then he changed directions to come after me so he could rev on me. He had about 1 or 2 other friends in his car and we were on a huge curve when he was doing it. Idiot! He yelled something out the window at me, which I didn't hear. So he was willing to not only risk his life but his friend(s) to prove what? His modified SRT-4 may have been faster than my stock Evo? Maybe, but we were on a curve where I clearly have an advantage. Besides if we went for it and he crashed I'd have felt guilt beyond belief, especially if someone got hurt or killed. Maybe he was trying to prove that his driving skills are superior to mine? Not likely. Maybe he doesn't read about the street races that end with innocent people getting hurt. I felt like saying meet me on the road course of your choice and we'll do it punk. Stupid kids never learn NOT to street race.

Gear Grinder
05-30-2006, 06:46 AM
somebody with a sport compact car (most recently SRT-4) revs up their engine besides me
They just want to be your friend :smitten:

Chris in SD
05-30-2006, 01:29 PM

I had a black SRT-4 rev on me last Sunday. I was driving my Red MR and he was going to turn the opposite direction until I went by then he changed directions to come after me so he could rev on me. He had about 1 or 2 other friends in his car and we were on a huge curve when he was doing it. Idiot! He yelled something out the window at me, which I didn't hear. So he was willing to not only risk his life but his friend(s) to prove what? His modified SRT-4 may have been faster than my stock Evo? Maybe, but we were on a curve where I clearly have an advantage. Besides if we went for it and he crashed I'd have felt guilt beyond belief, especially if someone got hurt or killed. Maybe he was trying to prove that his driving skills are superior to mine? Not likely. Maybe he doesn't read about the street races that end with innocent people getting hurt. I felt like saying meet me on the road course of your choice and we'll do it punk. Stupid kids never learn NOT to street race.

It was probably some guys from this guy's "team" LOL:

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=36&topic=22605.msg6750380;topicseen#msg6750380

thisxguy
05-31-2006, 11:56 AM

maybe its his gay little way of saying "hi fellow turbo owner"
haha