PDA

View Full Version : Which tc and diff fluids???? Help!

morgo333
05-30-2006, 04:24 PM
OK, Im going to chang my trany, tc, and rear diff fluids in the morning.... I have an mr, and hearing that I shouldnt use bg, I went to my local mitsu dealer to find that they dont sell the oem stuff, and use bulk equivalent crap... so hearing from a few people about getting the dodge/mopar 75w-85 gl-4 tranny fluid, which is the same as castrol syntorq, I went with that... because I have heard of great results from that used in mr trannys.
Okay, onto the question.. I know to use the redline 75w-95, for the rear diff, and shock proof heavy for the tc, but My freind is ordering those from his shop, and he sais there are a bunch of different shock proof heavy weights available.... so can someone tell me which one exactly to get???
and does this sound like a good combo to use for my IX mr? Anyone think I am taking a risk using the mopar tranny fluid??? I mean the owners manual sais to use the mitsu stuff, or equivalent, so I should be fine right? and anyway, Im sure its better than the crap my local dealershit uses. excuse me, dealership........God, Im so paranoid about this kind of crap---I love my car!!!!!

Terry S
05-30-2006, 04:42 PM
Using the search button I came up with the following thread in 3.72 seconds:

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=36&topic=21804.0

Thanks.

Terry S

speedracer2169
05-30-2006, 04:51 PM
and why are you changing them out on your IX MR? did you already hit 30k miles?

morgo333
05-30-2006, 06:16 PM
My tranny is pretty notchy, so I figure Ill change out the tc and r. diff with it... It cant hurt.
and I have searched time and again, and have viewed that thread probably ten times, and it does not say exactly which heave weight shock proof to use... but it could just be my friend is trippin... Ill go to napa and check it out... hes just viewing them off of a list on his computer from some warehouse that delivers or whatever... but ya, I didnt say gearlube...is there a whole line of shockproof products or something? nevermind, ill figure it out... I think i just need to go look myself

morgo333
05-31-2006, 03:32 PM
ok, got it... he was trippin on the 75w-90 about there being different kinds of it, but I went to the store and found exactly what i needed, and switched them out... and by the way, the mopar tranny fluid is great! Smoothed out my tranny alot! I definately recommend it.
ANd I also recommend getting a hand pump to get the tc fluid in...that stuff is thick, we were using a funnel at first with a small tube through the engine bay, and it was taking forenver, and while I was waiting for the sutff in the funnel to go through I walked from the shop to autozone and got the hand pump, and got the rest in immediately.....