PDA

View Full Version : Thursday night OC Meets: Change of scenery?

Terry S
05-31-2006, 04:55 PM
Post up your suggestions and vote for what you want.

Terry S

SpdyEvo02
05-31-2006, 06:26 PM
there is a place by me Savi Ranch Center lots of food places and it is away from the main street and lots of parking..on monday the Sti's meet here it is a great location..depending where we park food places are McDonalds, Taco Bell, KFC, Carles Jr., Wahoo's fish tacos, Olive Garden, Denny's, T.G.I.F. and El Torito.

Google Earth image
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a397/spdyevo/saviranchcenter.jpg

Terry S
05-31-2006, 06:32 PM
You see how that's off the 91? Thursday afternoon/evening makes that a BAD place to get to due to traffic. Sorry D.

Terry S

SpdyEvo02
05-31-2006, 06:34 PM
not really its called toll roads it empties out right befor that exit and there are plenty of side streets to there from either the 55 or 5 freeway

genrec
05-31-2006, 06:49 PM
the hat..... :D

SpdyEvo02
05-31-2006, 06:56 PM
the hat..... :D

yes...bring back the good ol days

qsjoeygst
05-31-2006, 06:56 PM
YES FINALLY! A group discussion on this. Latly its been pretty gay with dumb ass people showing up causeing problems. I suggest somewhere like chipotle in tustin/Irvine or Circuit city in Irvine or the starbucks in Newport.

Terry S
05-31-2006, 07:12 PM
The Hat has WAAAY to limited parking when considering the quantity of people that show up to Thursday meets.

Circuit city sounds like a possibility since there's the coffee bean right there... Dont know about chipotle (never been) & definitely opposed to ANYTHING in Newport (I hate the city with a passion).

My vote still lies with Irvine Spectrum parking structure. It's in central OC, plenty of parking, low visibility to retards, no traffic issues, & lots of additional attractions availible for before/after the meet.

Terry S

CHIGGA73
05-31-2006, 07:34 PM
I'd rather meet in tustin or anaheim hills. Irvine popo are a biatch. i lived there for too long and saw too many kids pulled over on bicycles by 2 cop cars (cause they don't have enough to do but badger people).

I agree that Dustin's idea in Anaheim Hills isn't bad. streets and traffic usually lightens up @7-7:30 anyways. side streets area great, and it is an open area.

new venue will be fun.

just my 2 cents (even though i only show up to the meets only every so often)

hope to see you all more as the weather is warm now!

zum96spd
05-31-2006, 07:41 PM
I agree with Anaheim Hills. I can vouch for the freeways openning up since I'm on the 55, 91, 5, 57 and 22 everyday (not all in the same day, I alternate them). The place he's talking about has A TON of parking and is far enough from any main street. I would be down for that location! O0

SpdyEvo02
05-31-2006, 07:42 PM
anaheim hills cops are great thats why i love living here

Macky
05-31-2006, 08:34 PM

they are only that way until they see a reason to change skins. if they see an increase of evo activity, particularly in a predictable weekly meet, things could change rather quickly.

SpdyEvo02
05-31-2006, 09:20 PM

they are only that way until they see a reason to change skins. if they see an increase of evo activity, particularly in a predictable weekly meet, things could change rather quickly.
i am not worried about the evos but mostly the other shitty cars that go to our meets...there are quite a few evos in anaheim hills

Macky
05-31-2006, 09:23 PM
then make it the shitty cars who will be venturing often to check out the meets - bringing with them the po-po's. ;) ive seen it happen time and again its predictable.

SpdyEvo02
05-31-2006, 09:25 PM
then make it the shitty cars who will be venturing often to check out the meets - bringing with them the po-po's. ;) ive seen it happen time and again its predictable.

so true...i change my mind fk anaheim hills the cops are dicks...all you ricers stay the fk away from anaheim hills...rofl

j_nizzle
05-31-2006, 09:48 PM
bring back metro pointe!!!

ultrawifey
05-31-2006, 09:49 PM

+1 :] lol.

SpdyEvo02
05-31-2006, 09:50 PM

metro is friday moron...we are talking about thursday...rofl

ultrawifey
05-31-2006, 09:52 PM

but you guys should still bring it back

Terry S
06-01-2006, 08:25 AM
For those who have already posted, dont forget that you can change your votes if you feel inclined to do so.

Terry S

714Evo
06-01-2006, 10:51 AM

What time do you guys meet up on Friday at Metro?

ultraflip
06-01-2006, 11:49 AM

we don't anymore... an incident with the local PD taking individual pictures of everyone's car pretty much strayed us away from meeting there

714Evo
06-01-2006, 11:59 AM

we don't anymore... an incident with the local PD taking individual pictures of everyone's car pretty much strayed us away from meeting there

Well that sux, that place is like less than 3 minutes from my house. Well where's everyone gonna be tonite. I'm itching to meet some Evo people.

ultraflip
06-01-2006, 12:03 PM

Well that sux, that place is like less than 3 minutes from my house. Well where's everyone gonna be tonite. I'm itching to meet some Evo people.

tustin market place unless someone else finds a better spot

714Evo
06-01-2006, 12:18 PM

Tustin Market place is cool, I promote at a club in Irvine so that's right on my way. Maybe one day we can do a meet at my club. I could get all you guys in free and block off all the parking in the front row just for Evo's. And I could get you guys drunk for cheap haha

khmerstyle
06-01-2006, 12:32 PM

Tustin Market place is cool, I promote at a club in Irvine so that's right on my way. Maybe one day we can do a meet at my club. I could get all you guys in free and block off all the parking in the front row just for Evo's. And I could get you guys drunk for cheap haha

+1

Terry S
06-01-2006, 01:36 PM
Bump for more input.

Terry S

714Evo
06-01-2006, 01:39 PM
The name of my club is Tia Juana’s. It's off the Sand Canyon Exit on the 5. During the day it's a Mexican food restaurant, but at 9pm it turns into a club. We have different nights, but I promote for Thursdays, it's all Hip Hop/Reggaeton and we call it Club Ridi-Q-Lus. We had power 106 coming thru all the time, but we just got rid of them and now use 96.3FM. I called the main promoter for Thursdays on my lunch right now, and he said he and the owner are cool with us meeting there, I would just have to go early and cone off all our spots. I guess tonite would be kinda short notice, but whenever you guys wanna do it let me know. Our biggest nights for this month are June 1st, 15th and 29th. The 29th is the one year anniversary for Thurs. nite and we'll be having an all white party (clothes not people LOL) Let me know if you guys are interested.

Terry S
06-01-2006, 01:40 PM
The name of my club is Tia Juana’s. It's off the Sand Canyon Exit on the 5. During the day it's a Mexican food restaurant, but at 9pm it turns into a club. We have different nights, but I promote for Thursdays, it's all Hip Hop/Reggaeton and we call it Club Ridi-Q-Lus. We had power 106 coming thru all the time, but we just got rid of them and now use 96.3FM. I called the main promoter for Thursdays on my lunch right now, and he said he and the owner are cool with us meeting there, I would just have to go early and cone off all our spots. I guess tonite would be kinda short notice, but whenever you guys wanna do it let me know. Our biggest nights for this month are June 1st, 15th and 29th. The 29th is the one year anniversary for Thurs. nite and we'll be having an all white party (clothes not people LOL) Let me know if you guys are interested.

I used to go there on swing dance nights.... Parking is ok, but it might be to visible to the wrong elements (the parking lot is visible from the freeway). Thanks for the heads up though O0

Terry S

714Evo
06-01-2006, 01:51 PM

I used to go there on swing dance nights.... Parking is ok, but it might be to visible to the wrong elements (the parking lot is visible from the freeway). Thanks for the heads up though O0

Terry S

Yea it seems like everyone I tell about this place has heard of the swing dancing night’s haha. Well then you know the layout of the club, Cars can be parked right off the Balcony up front so we can all keep an eye on our babies. We don't have to worry about the cops, cuz their main concern is catching drunk drivers leaving the club. If anyone is too smashed to drive home then we can WALK to the Denny’s that's about 100yards away to eat and sober up.

Terry S
06-01-2006, 02:01 PM
Yea it seems like everyone I tell about this place has heard of the swing dancing night’s haha. Well then you know the layout of the club, Cars can be parked right off the Balcony up front so we can all keep an eye on our babies. We don't have to worry about the cops, cuz their main concern is catching drunk drivers leaving the club. If anyone is too smashed to drive home then we can WALK to the Denny’s that's about 100yards away to eat and sober up.

Yea, the Denny's being right there is awesome, but we're trying to keep the visibility to the ricer element to a minimum.

However...... Maybe this could be a good alternative to Metro Point?

Terry S

SpdyEvo02
06-01-2006, 02:07 PM

Yea, the Denny's being right there is awesome, but we're trying to keep the visibility to the ricer element to a minimum.

Terry S

a good idea...is there an age limit for the club at night?

714Evo
06-01-2006, 02:08 PM

Terry S

I'm there every Thursday no matter what, so if you guys ever want to do this let me know. I would like to do it on a week when we have the Radio Station there. It's on the table, you guys just let me know.

714Evo
06-01-2006, 02:09 PM

Terry S

Yea it's 18 to get in 21 to stumble out haha

SpdyEvo02
06-01-2006, 02:11 PM

Terry S

sweet sounds good...where do you live btw

714Evo
06-01-2006, 04:40 PM

Terry S

Im in Santa Ana(non ghetto part), Closest major cross streets are Segerstrom/Fairview. You know where they just built those new homes where the bean fields use to be on Bear st. Well I'm a few blocks north of those.

714Evo
06-01-2006, 04:43 PM
Even if we don't do a meet, if any of you guys just wants to come by the club whenever, just let me know and I'll throw you on my guestlist. Just shoot me a myspace message @ myspace.com/pirl

genrec
06-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Spdyevo02 PM the final meet spot.....summer is here, i may roll out......

SpdyEvo02
06-01-2006, 05:20 PM
Spdyevo02 PM the final meet spot.....summer is here, i may roll out......

pm'd

DublXL
06-01-2006, 05:23 PM
I used to work at Tia Juana’s years ago until some guy pulled a gun on me. Haven't been back since. Pretty decent size parking lot though.

NipponHamFighters
06-01-2006, 05:47 PM
I think this needs to be posted as the SOUTH OC MEETS FOR NOW ON

Its always in the Irvine Tustin Area. Man if its in Foothill Ranch its like at least 10-15 Minutes away from the Freeway driving all the way up Bake Parkway.

HAHA

714Evo
06-01-2006, 07:46 PM
I used to work at Tia Juana’s years ago until some guy pulled a gun on me. Haven't been back since. Pretty decent size parking lot though.

Yea I started as a bouncer there. Every nite some a$$ hole got too much liquor in his system and thought he was superman so I had to tell Brad peace out.

ultrawifey
06-01-2006, 08:37 PM

Terry S

Im in Santa Ana(non ghetto part), Closest major cross streets are Segerstrom/Fairview. You know where they just built those new homes where the bean fields use to be on Bear st. Well I'm a few blocks north of those.

oOoh, I know that area. bean fields houses are pretty nice. . and so are the houses around that area.

gen4k20a2
06-01-2006, 11:08 PM
I think this needs to be posted as the SOUTH OC MEETS FOR NOW ON

Its always in the Irvine Tustin Area. Man if its in Foothill Ranch its like at least 10-15 Minutes away from the Freeway driving all the way up Bake Parkway.

HAHA

true but there will be no popo presence....plus its where i work HAHA

ultraflip
06-01-2006, 11:08 PM
+1 to that bro.. lol

714Evo
06-05-2006, 11:18 AM
I went to the Meet last Thurs, I liked a lot of you guys cars, especialy that white one. I was the black guy sitting in my black evo by myself, cuz I was too chicken sh*t to approach any of you haha. I may go back this week, if I do maybe I'll actually talk to some of you : )

silvery_eagle
06-05-2006, 11:25 AM
I went to the Meet last Thurs, I liked a lot of you guys cars, especialy that white one. I was the black guy sitting in my black evo by myself, cuz I was too chicken sh*t to approach any of you haha. I may go back this week, if I do maybe I'll actually talk to some of you : )

lol... i know that feeling... wasn't that bad after you walk into a group and start listenting to what they are chatting...

ultraflip
06-05-2006, 11:45 AM

i saw you bro... i said what's up to you when i rolled up... all blue evo... blue wheels... blue intercooler... etc... your car had the sticker that said "vtec this" on it right? lol... u were on the phone the whole time

Terry S
06-05-2006, 12:29 PM

Shoulda come over. I saw you too. We were just BSing. Look for the dorky white guy with the hawaiian shirt on next time. More than likely it will be me.

Terry S

thisxguy
06-05-2006, 12:32 PM

haha.* i what you mean...i havent gone to a meet yet either since i dont know anyone.

i might head out tomorrow though.

714Evo
06-05-2006, 12:55 PM

i saw you bro... i said what's up to you when i rolled up... all blue evo... blue wheels... blue intercooler... etc... your car had the sticker that said "vtec this" on it right? lol... u were on the phone the whole time

Cool yea man I remember you man. I was on the phone with my buddy who was supposed to follow me up there, but his car wasn't ready yet. He's got a 470whp 3000gt, but he blew his motor racing a porsche haha. Next time I'll get out more than 5 feet from my car and talk to you guys : )

714Evo
06-05-2006, 01:03 PM

lol... i know that feeling... wasn't that bad after you walk into a group and start listenting to what they are chatting...

I'm definitely not a shy person, I just had that new kid in the school kinda feel ya know. It's all good tho, you guys seemed like a cool bunch.

Sir Lancer Lot
06-05-2006, 01:29 PM
I say we keep it where it's at in front of Best Buy. The cops know us know and it's always been chill. The lot is big and plenty of places to eat within a 0.5 mile radius. I do agree a lot of jackasses show up (amazingly one of them have Evos :crazy2: ). If people start doing stupid shit, we should just gang up and beat the hell out of them, hahaha.

ultraflip
06-06-2006, 06:50 AM
i can't say that i agree w/ sir lancer lot... the cops know us and have always been chill... but for how much longer? we've had instances where they've been called out for a "supposed" fight... called out for parking lot drifting... i think there were two separate occasions where they booted us off the parking lot for some odd reason... at one point... we had to move the meet across the street to the movie theater area...

i really do think that we're starting to earn a bad rep over there due to the handful of yahoos that come out...

qsjoeygst
06-06-2006, 06:53 AM
i can't say that i agree w/ sir lancer lot... the cops know us and have always been chill... but for how much longer? we've had instances where they've been called out for a "supposed" fight... called out for parking lot drifting... i think there were two separate occasions where they booted us off the parking lot for some odd reason... at one point... we had to move the meet across the street to the movie theater area...

i really do think that we're starting to earn a bad rep over there due to the handful of yahoos that come out...

ULTRAFLIP FOR SUPER MOD!!!

gen4k20a2
06-06-2006, 09:16 PM
what about the fuddruckers on el toro...i know there a domestic meet there but we should just meet up there on another day...thursday HAHA

EvoPwr
06-07-2006, 06:27 PM
Where is this dam meet going to be?

SpdyEvo02
06-07-2006, 07:04 PM

tustin market place as always until we decide to change it

genrec
06-07-2006, 08:41 PM

tustin market place as always until we decide to change it

booo...do spectrum in the rectum parking lot!!

drmosh
06-08-2006, 12:15 AM
hahah this topic comes up all the time and nothing ever changes because we still go to good ole best buy every thursday, i don't think the people who come N of Tustin want it anymore south...

gen4k20a2
06-08-2006, 12:18 AM
well the spectrum and foothill ranch is going strong and its well south of tustin market

drmosh
06-08-2006, 12:19 AM
well the spectrum and foothill ranch is going strong and its well south of tustin market

yeah but so is your mom's house... so how valid is that?

SpdyEvo02
06-08-2006, 12:39 AM

lol

gen4k20a2
06-08-2006, 11:54 AM
damn how the hell did you know? It in lake forest...you are so smart. No wonder you started an EVO website. jk hahah

ultraflip
06-08-2006, 12:10 PM

LOL... pwned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EvoPwr
06-12-2006, 05:26 PM
is this still at in-n-out or what people? you dam ocers need to make your minds up.

SpdyEvo02
06-12-2006, 05:27 PM
is this still at in-n-out or what people? you dam ocers need to make your minds up.

yes it is still there

genrec
06-12-2006, 08:58 PM

Mikey you coming out this thursday??....

EvoPwr
06-13-2006, 03:53 PM

yea ill be there, im not coming out though until you do ;)

genrec
06-13-2006, 06:04 PM

I will be thuuur... O0

EvoPwr
06-13-2006, 06:07 PM

I will be thuuur... O0

what time 8?

genrec
06-13-2006, 06:11 PM
yah between 7-8 ishh

Sxhawnn
06-13-2006, 11:40 PM
hey guys i've never been to a meet before and Imma prolly go this thursday. Is it still at best buy? Can someone confirm? BTW thanks for the carbon-ti Genrec, I've taken good care of it :mitsu:

silvery_eagle
06-14-2006, 11:07 AM
hey guys i've never been to a meet before and Imma prolly go this thursday. Is it still at best buy? Can someone confirm? BTW thanks for the carbon-ti Genrec, I've taken good care of it :mitsu:

yes it is still there.... check the first post :)

haans brix
06-19-2006, 06:20 PM
my first time too...see you all there this thursday!! lookin forward to meetin you all!

ultraflip
06-21-2006, 06:20 AM
o.k... so you guys don't want a change in scenery? what gives? if not... IBL

kipper215
06-21-2006, 07:17 AM

you mean coming out the closet!

kipper215
06-21-2006, 07:19 AM
just change the shiat and be done with it. tustin is an old spot. if there is a lot of heat from po-po :police: I would just change it. :crazy2:

Terry S
06-21-2006, 07:31 AM
o.k... so you guys don't want a change in scenery? what gives? if not... IBL

Guess not. Lets lock it and wait until they shut it down like Metro Pointe.

Terry S

jdmdingdong4u
08-24-2006, 06:16 PM
so is everyone still going to the tustin marketplace or is it getting moved...leaving to the meet soon and want to know

SpdyEvo02
08-24-2006, 06:17 PM
still at tustin market place

jdmdingdong4u
08-24-2006, 06:18 PM

+1 on the free clubbing also...what club

jdmdingdong4u
08-24-2006, 06:19 PM
alrite thanks spdyevo...see you guys there

ANTHONY
08-24-2006, 06:23 PM
I say savi ranch, so we can combine with fullerton meets

thisxguy
08-25-2006, 12:46 AM
savi ranch? combine with fullerton meets? im lost. lol

jdmdingdong4u
08-25-2006, 01:37 AM
nice meet tonite guys...it kinda died down after a while...met a few cool people while we where there...it was a good turn out...i was just snapping pictures...haha...will post them up soon...too bad i forgot my d70

XubIX
08-28-2006, 07:23 AM
I agree with the change in Venue.

To many car clubs without the same discipline as our club show up and try to impress everyone.

Ide agree with either moving it to the Circuit city parking lot or somewhere in the vicinity.

Just dont tell Don Vito A.K.A Renzo :2funny:

Terry S
08-29-2006, 12:34 PM

714Evo crashed his car, killing his best friend, while speeding down a street while intoxicated. I dont think he works at that club anymore.

Terry S

speedracer2169
08-29-2006, 12:36 PM

714Evo crashed his car, killing his best friend, while speeding down a street while intoxicated. I dont think he works at that club anymore.

Terry S

last i talked to him he still cant walk.

Terry S
08-29-2006, 12:51 PM
last i talked to him he still cant walk.

Ouch... Is he in jail?

Terry S

jdmdingdong4u
08-29-2006, 04:59 PM
whoa...didnt know about that...

Sr20kidD
09-07-2006, 06:51 AM
is this still at tustin tonight?

Shortee
09-07-2006, 06:53 AM
yesh its still at tustin...you could also check the oc meet thread

silex
09-10-2006, 09:32 AM
Can we move it already?

ultraflip
09-15-2006, 07:11 AM
looks like we have no choice

XubIX
09-15-2006, 07:48 AM
Tustin meet on thursday is officially shut down via tustin property management/tustin police department

Wherever we meet next we need to keep it on the downlow. And if people show up lets have a backup place to go to.

silex
09-15-2006, 08:51 AM
Ouch...I've only been to one meet and that was last week's. Sorry to hear this guys. I hope nobody was fined or ticketed.

silvery_eagle
09-15-2006, 09:40 AM
next thursday is the speedzone meet :)

gen4k20a2
09-15-2006, 11:06 AM
If you all wanted to meet in Foothill Ranch i can get my boss to ask the owner to "allow" it so its on the up and up. (SocalEvo only of course.)

socal_HKS_evo8
09-22-2006, 12:30 PM
i like all the suggestions except my moms house :knuppel2: lol....lets just make up our minds cuz id like to mee you guys im a new evo owner :uglystupid2:

silvery_eagle
09-22-2006, 01:29 PM
i like all the suggestions except my moms house :knuppel2: lol....lets just make up our minds cuz id like to mee you guys im a new evo owner :uglystupid2:

You just missed yesterday's meet at speedzone