PDA

View Full Version : any good mechanics or repair shops?

justin44
06-01-2006, 08:02 AM
I have a honda accord that needs a new starter and a thermostat. Anyone know of a good, reliable mechanic or repair shop in Orange County, preferrably in Lake Forest?
Thanks

tabio42
06-01-2006, 09:03 AM
You have a garage? You could save yourself a couple hundred dollars on labor if you do it in your free time. Either way, stay away from Golden Wrench service off of El Toro (I think) they blew the headgasket on my Celica All Trac. It had 272 cams and the fucking retard mechanic took it upon himself to advance my timing to fix the idle. Then he went for a "test drive." Made the car pre detonate like crazy. It only survived because it had forged pistons and the 2835 was turned down to 8 psi. Then he brought it back and parked it running without turning the fan on. All of this to change a sensor on the power steering pump.

justin44
06-01-2006, 09:30 AM
I do have a garage but I am not sure exactly what is wrong with the radiator. I am assuming its the thermostat but if the whole radiator needs to be replaced I'm afraid I dont have the mechanical know how to fix it.
I guess thats a good option if i cant find a reliable shop...

ultraflip
06-06-2006, 06:52 AM
I do have a garage but I am not sure exactly what is wrong with the radiator. I am assuming its the thermostat but if the whole radiator needs to be replaced I'm afraid I dont have the mechanical know how to fix it.
I guess thats a good option if i cant find a reliable shop...

if you need to change the whole radiator... it shouldn't be a problem... view it as a separate unit for the car... 1 sensor in their.... 2 hoses connected to it... and i think 4-6 bolts to hold it in place... no rocket science involved... :)

justin44
06-06-2006, 12:02 PM
I am going to attempt to replace the rediator by myself. the shop wants $700 to replace it and I figure I can do it for some bumps and bruises and $200.
Thanks Ultraflip - wish me luck!