PDA

View Full Version : Another stupid exhaust question...

Evil EVOIX
06-02-2006, 10:06 AM
OK, I know it's been asked a million times and no, I didn't search.

I am looking for a nice turboback exhaust for the Evo IX. I want stainless steel, and I'd like a blue tip to the exhaust. I don't like cans that tilt up, I'd like something that sticks straight out like stock. And pretty much looks stock...no huge cans.

Big thing is, I want power of course, but I'd really like it to be fairly quiet. I don't want to attract attention nor do I want a drone on the highway.

I'd like to get the new Tanabe Concept G Blue, but I heard it's loud, though I see it comes with a silencer.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

DTunedEvoX
06-02-2006, 10:40 AM
If you didnt do a search, wouldnt it be smart to do one first?
IBL

Skiracer
06-02-2006, 10:42 AM
Silencer=robs power

kimletrim
06-02-2006, 10:45 AM
Simon, doesn't the AVO have a silencer? I don't think its robbing you of power.

Skiracer
06-02-2006, 10:48 AM
Simon, doesn't the AVO have a silencer?* I don't think its robbing you of power.

It has a resonator, but not a silencer...

Blaze
06-02-2006, 10:48 AM
Wow
:shock:

So tempting to lock this.

Why don't you do a search and then ask some follow up questions based on the information you've found?

And if you don't feel like doing that, there is an exhaustive <---hahaha... Buyer's guy in the Buyer Corner forum that should answer many of your questions.

Blaze

kimletrim
06-02-2006, 10:49 AM
My bad Simon... you're right. Silencer = mad robbing of power.

evofosizzo
06-02-2006, 10:52 AM
you want to look stock?
use stock tip and if u like blue, be in the zone. autozone.

custom piping of course.

rammsteinmatt
06-02-2006, 10:57 AM
OK, I know it's been asked a million times and no, I didn't search.

-10 right off the bat

I am looking for a nice turboback exhaust for the Evo IX. I want stainless steel, and I'd like a blue tip to the exhaust.

you can have a stock look. or you can have the blue tip. but not both.

get a custom bent exhaust with magnaflow muffler. its really cheap, and should get you at least as much power as everyone else's

TrickedOutEVOVIII
06-02-2006, 11:26 AM
ok ok hold up....you want a blue tip muffler, you want the exhaust to point upward, you want a mad gain in power, you want it quiet AND you want it to look stock??? sounds to me like you want EVERYthing about all kinds of exhausts. fact is, it doesnt exist. youre gonna have to narrow down your criteria just a bit.

search button is your friend

ur lucky im in the giving mood today...here, this link will help!

http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&action=search

T

Blaze
06-02-2006, 11:34 AM
That link goes straight to the search screen, not the results....

Either way, it's a starting point.

Evil:

Read through this link instead.
Then come back with some questions.

http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=17155.0

TrickedOutEVOVIII
06-02-2006, 11:41 AM
i know it does bro...that was my whole point for him to search! hahaha

T

Evil EVOIX
06-02-2006, 01:16 PM
Damn I knew I'd get flamed...

Sweet sweet memories of NASIOC are coming back to me...good to know the Evo guys are different....yeah right...

It it so hard to answer the question? In the time it takes to yell at me to search you could just answer the damn question. I am a newbie and went to the FAQ section...is there nowhere to ask???

Anyways I do NOT want an angled tip and I never said MAD GAIN...all I said was SS, blue tip decent power and quiet....

kimletrim
06-02-2006, 01:21 PM
Just look at what you are asking? What you are asking for is almost contradictory. We're just being honest here.

Might want to look at the Tanabe Medallion Touring or Super Blue (?)

TrickedOutEVOVIII
06-02-2006, 01:27 PM
your question was answered by one of us...but you got flamed at the same time. dont take it personal...its just business hahaha get the AVO exhaust...its as quiet as stock, some ppl even say it's quieter. the power gains are great!! so you wont be disappointed, i guarantee it. the muffler looks stock as well. the only thing is it doesnt have a blue tip...the only exhausts with the blue tip that i know of are greddy Ti, HKS carbon/ti, JIC ti catback and a couple of others; and those all dont look stock and angle upward. most of them are really loud as well. thats why what you were asking for was pretty confusing...hope that helps.

another thing you should know is that the evo crowd isnt as bad as you think. its just that we're really big on socalevo about the search function. you should go through our forums under any section you want and at a glance you'll see threads that are asking the same question all over the place. it wastes space on the server and becomes repetative...thats all. beleive me, after seeing the same question asked numerous times, you'd be bound to throw a few flames yourself.

T

trinydex
06-08-2006, 05:09 PM
why would you want the blue tip but not the angled exit? that... really... doesn't make sense

Evil EVOIX
06-08-2006, 05:33 PM
Angled exit yes...not angled canister.

trinydex
06-08-2006, 05:34 PM
wow.... now this is REALLY not making sense.

Evil EVOIX
06-08-2006, 05:47 PM
I'll make it easy for you...forget I ever asked the question and move on. What was a simple question has been made into more than that. I'll do my own research, thanks.

xxazn2nrxx
06-13-2006, 02:34 AM
you can buy me JIC DE Type 2 Ti. Sounds exactly what your looking

G20
06-13-2006, 09:11 PM
actually you should be asking these questions because if you searchyoue'll never find this exhaust. i think you will have to custom make one for yourself.

j_nizzle
06-13-2006, 10:07 PM
yay!!! another ricer not really wanting to seem like a ricer thread!!!

Evil EVOIX
06-13-2006, 10:24 PM
Man for a guru you are a real idiot...

I don't know what's so fuckin' hard...All I asked was an opinion on a quiet exhaust with a blue angled tip.

And fuck all of your answers, I already bought one ya fucks

j_nizzle
06-13-2006, 10:28 PM
Man for a guru you are a real idiot...

I don't know what's so fuckin' hard...All I asked was an opinion on a quiet exhaust with a blue angled tip.

And fuck all of your answers, I already bought one ya fucks

damn, my title means so much to you!!! calm yourself young grasshopper...you have much to learn in the ways of the "e-thug"

trinydex
06-14-2006, 12:22 AM
that is of course... straight muffler... angled tip... do they even make something like that? every blue tipped exhaust i know of is angled muffler and angled tip.

the buschur is angled muffler straight tip.

that stupid dragon thing might be what you were looking for.

smokd
06-14-2006, 12:33 AM
dude this guy is so angry... juss CHILLL broo... after all its just an exhuast... but seriously... SEARCH!

PaulWallKer
06-14-2006, 10:30 AM
all i can really say from your description is the concept g blue, it doesnt angle. it has an angle gut tip, if thats what you mean. its not that loud compared to other exhausts. im looking into this for my IX MR.

socal_HKS_evo8
09-22-2006, 11:51 AM
you want a turbo back exhaust system but you dont want it to be loud and have it look like stock woow....cant help you lol sorry :police:

j_nizzle
09-22-2006, 01:21 PM
you want a turbo back exhaust system but you dont want it to be loud and have it look like stock woow....cant help you lol sorry :police:

because you're a n00b and wouldnt know any better. get rre to build you their sleeper "stocker than stock 3" exhaust" and run the dp of your choice, still quiet, still makes power. looks stock. done and done.

EVOla_VIRUS
09-22-2006, 02:18 PM
^ I got to see RREs sleeper exhaust from under the car....very cool indeed....something good to get if you live in cop infested areas :)

To me, I see four criteria come up when choosing an exhaust:

1. Diameter
2. Sound
3. Blang-Blang Factor
4. Straight Tip or Slant

IMO, mellow/low exhaust tones are pleasing (ie HKS, GReddy, Fujitsubo)