PDA

View Full Version : New M3 spotted in CA!

kimletrim
06-02-2006, 04:02 PM
http://www.sbeuroclub.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=1204&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

leaveit2bevo
06-02-2006, 04:19 PM
not very aggressive but im assuming its going to look diff when it acctually goes on sale.

thisxguy
06-02-2006, 04:22 PM
hm...why does the body look messed up.* like the right sideskirt, hood, front bumper, and like everything else?

is that the m3?* its not going to have fender grills anymore* :-(

did the guy notice an evo was following him and taking pictures of him? haha
i would've been paranoid.

Macky
06-02-2006, 04:25 PM
looks like those preproduction ones where they test the car before final production. not bad really ;)

Absinthe
06-02-2006, 04:26 PM
3series body chopped up and fit to m3 mechanicals

Chris in SD
06-02-2006, 05:28 PM
I haven't been feeling M3s for a while now... The only one I covet is the E30 (esp. in 2.5L Evo form).

I REALLY like E39 M5s and even the new M5s are pretty sexy.

MyGlue
06-02-2006, 08:22 PM
i think it looks pretty good. The back end reminds me a little of a aston martin. Sporty and classy. How can you tell if it looks aggressive or not when all the openings on the front are masked off to look like a standard 3 series. Sideskirts too. The lines look good though. Subtle but different. More than just an upgraded front fascia. I like it

airforce1
06-02-2006, 09:13 PM
pics not working...

Hkysk8r07
06-02-2006, 09:13 PM
there was a sighting of the new 3 series "sport" package about a month ago around town(seen here http://www.sbeuroclub.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=lastupby&cat=0&page=3 ). then like in nov/dec i guess it was of 05 a few people spotted the z4 ///M. i guess BMWNA likes testing cars in SB.

here's another thread for you
http://www.sbeuroclub.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=1199&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

EVOate909
06-02-2006, 09:25 PM
same here im not impressed ..kinda looks like a regular 3series wid different rear bumper and front bumper and some BBS LMs

i was expecting more specially with all the wait...

E39 is the shiet IMO

tabio42
06-15-2006, 06:13 PM
You raced an E46 M3

speedracer2169
06-15-2006, 06:19 PM
Just raced a a brand new M3 they are pretty quick for stock. I was at a light near Seaworld and he wanted to try me off the line. So Bam! Off we go and I'm 2 car lengths ahead of him and I can hear his engine whine, and I knew that he was all in it. So by 3rd gear I'm inchin' away from this guy and when i thew in 4th it was pretty much same all the way to 5th...

IBL this forum does not condone street racing

gofaster87
06-15-2006, 06:33 PM
Bmws are getting uglier every generation. By the way, the IBL bullshit is getting old, why the fuck do guys write that shit?

Raine3D
06-15-2006, 06:54 PM
I dont think thats what it will looks like.. its the fenders of the other bmw ... the back maybe but htey will change the fenders and front for sure... imo

kimletrim
06-15-2006, 09:08 PM
I dont think thats what it will looks like.. its the fenders of the other bmw ... the back maybe but htey will change the fenders and front for sure... imo

You might be on to something. There has been talk that the vehicle spotted and the ensuing pics really are of the twin turbo 3 series rather than the M3. If you take a look at one of the pics of the front bumper, you can clearly see a front mounted intercooler mounted low.

Raine3D
06-16-2006, 07:16 AM

You might be on to something. There has been talk that the vehicle spotted and the ensuing pics really are of the twin turbo 3 series rather than the M3. If you take a look at one of the pics of the front bumper, you can clearly see a front mounted intercooler mounted low.

Interesting. Also reminds me that i already did see the M3. There were 3 of them at the in and out in canyon country. It was last year but they looked alot like that one. THey had black bumpers and these ones had black wheels. It had the M3 motor or something similar becasue it had the M3 exhaust. My guess is they just test the motor in these cars with similar body arodynamics to the final car. Though i see all kinds of cars just like that with the black bumpers and weird added on molded plastic ... i saw the ugliest suv like that once. Sometimes they have a counter on one of the wheels for milage or something .... again i know nothing about it.. just what i see. That car isnt flashy enough to be M3 .. its missing stuff. THey dont make you pay all that money for the motor .... I think the car must have more style and class than the last or they will be making a big mistake..... i KNow they wont.