PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas Motor Speedway June 10 & 11 - SpeedVentures

Richard EVO
06-03-2006, 06:36 PM
SpeedVentures has the "exterior road course" at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on the weekend of June 10 and 11.* This is the only road course in Calif. an Nev. that I have never run, and I am looking forward to it bigtime.* It will probably be hot as blazes there, but so what?* We are out to have a good time, and running a new track is big big fun.* Aaron of SV compared LVMS road course to Streets of Willow, and said LVMS is similar but better.* We are running the full course, which is 2.4 miles. There's a track map link on the SV website.

So can I tempt any of you EVO owners to join me?* It's $320 for the whole weekend, and sign-ups are low, so you should get lots of track time. I will be there unless my new job prevents me from taking the weekend off, and as of this point, things are looking good.* O0

Go to www.speedventures.net to sign up.* :mitsu:

Evo8supercar
06-03-2006, 11:28 PM
Bump, Working both dates.

How about the the 21st this month Richard? (Big Track)

Planning to do 1:32 I hope.

Richard EVO
06-03-2006, 11:51 PM
If my new job will allow me the day off Wed. June 21, I will be at Big Willow with www.opentrackracing.com O0

say when
06-04-2006, 10:48 PM
If it was in the fall or winter I would love to do it. I can't handle racing in a hair dryer on hot. Have fun, drink lots of fluids.

4G63 FEVER
06-05-2006, 02:08 PM
If it was in the fall or winter I would love to do it.* I can't handle racing in a hair dryer on hot.* Have fun, drink lots of fluids.

That's a fact going to be miserable of that I'm sure for both man and machine. Waiting for it to cool off a bit before I go out again.

Richard EVO
06-05-2006, 02:35 PM
If it was in the fall or winter I would love to do it. I can't handle racing in a hair dryer on hot. Have fun, drink lots of fluids.

It's hot at Willow Springs, its hot at Thunderhill, its hot at Buttonwillow, its hot at Las Vegas, its hot at Spring Mtn. So unless you want to to take June through Sept. off from tracking your car, you just have to get a racing radiator and suffer the heat.

4G63 FEVER
06-05-2006, 07:31 PM

It's hot at Willow Springs, its hot at Thunderhill, its hot at Buttonwillow, its hot at Las Vegas, its hot at Spring Mtn. So unless you want to to take June through Sept. off from tracking your car, you just have to get a racing radiator and suffer the heat.

Copy that and that is exactaly what I intend to do. If I was getting paid to drive, it would be a different thing but as I'm not it's time for a break.

Hope you have a good time and no mechanical mishaps.

Richard EVO
06-08-2006, 06:40 AM
OK, my racing radiator is being installed today at Road Race Engineering, and I am all signed up for LVMS this weekend. There's plenty of room, so I'm hoping other EVOs besides me, Nils, and one other car will be there. O0

Evo8supercar
06-08-2006, 11:30 PM
Saw your radiator being install looked very nice piece, I was there for few hours doing some work on my car.
Have to work both days.

Have fun at Las Vegas.

Richard EVO
06-09-2006, 07:10 PM
I left L.A. At lunchtime Friday, and it took about4 hours to drive to vegas. It's gonna be a blast

Richard EVO
06-10-2006, 07:34 PM
LVMS is a hoot! 2.4 mile rood course with a combination of hairpins and other challeging turns, plus 2 long straights and some other fast sections.

The event was low on sign-ups, so we are getting tons of track time. Basically open track all afternoon. The onlt problems are that it is hot, about 100 degrees, and there is no race gas at the track. The nearest place to buy 100 octane unleaded is a 20 mile round trip.

I like this trac better than Streets of Willow or the Infield Roadcourse at Calif. Speedway. There are several EVOs here, and we are hoping nils shows up on Sunday.

Richard EVO
06-12-2006, 08:32 AM
Thanks to Aaron, Eric and everyone at SpeedVentures for a great event on the exterior road course at Las Vegas Motor Speedway last weekend. I had a great time, and got tons of seat time to practice on this new track. Nils showed up on Sunday with his Robispec/Buschur EVO, and embarrassed everyone except to very fast race-prepped Z06s. I followed Nils around of a couple of laps (until he pulled away, which didn't take long once we got up to speed) and that help with the lines. If you get a chance to run this track, go for it! O0

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/richard350z/lvms.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/richard350z/AarontheFool.jpg

ultraflip
06-12-2006, 08:35 AM
quick slightly O/T question... did you tow your evo to this event... or did you drive their.. track it... and drive back home...

regards
flip

Richard EVO
06-12-2006, 09:11 AM
I drive to the track. I have two sets of stock Enkei wheels, both mounted with RA1s. I use the new ones to drive on the highway, and the well worn ones on the track. When the worn ones cord, I buy a new set, and rotate the old higway tires to become my track tires. It works nicely and there is plenty of room in an EVO for four extra wheel and tires and all your other tools, luggage, etc.

Chris@Redline
06-12-2006, 01:59 PM
I like that track too, way better then CaliSpeedways inter road course, but I still like the streets better. I don't know why, since I've been on the the streets about 1000 times now, you'd think I'd be sick of it by now, but every time I drive that track I still enjoy it.

Anyway, LVMS has a great track that is worth the trip for sure.

Nils
06-13-2006, 11:35 AM
ha ha... nice pic of Aaron...

how about that orange camaro? he was a hoot.

n

Richard EVO
06-13-2006, 11:45 AM
ha ha... nice pic of Aaron...

how about that orange camaro? he was a hoot.

n

Do you mean the yellow Trans Am? He went off course in every turn and some of the straigtaways. One time he got black flagged, so he drove off course up to the corner worker's station and got out of his car to discuss the flag with the guy who threw it.

Nils
06-13-2006, 12:30 PM
yeah he was funny...

n