PDA

View Full Version : Member Introduction/Soon to be EvoIX owner looking for advice

EndZz
06-07-2006, 01:20 PM
This is my first post, I'd just like to say HI to all of you I don't have an Evo (YET). I HAD an 05 Cobalt SS till there was a mechanical problem with the car and it made we swurve into a pole at 55mph the car was completely totalled and my leg got busted up, so now that I'm getting a bit of insurance money I'm going to upgrade the Cobalt to a Blue EVO 9 I'm probably going to buy it in about 4-6 months when I can start walking again. Well anyway I'll show you a few pics of the accident, and tell you my plan for the EVO9.

First thing I'm going to do is make $350 payments to my savings account to buy some upgrades for the EVO right off the back. Here's a list of BPU parts I'm thinking of after a bit of research and recomendations from a few EVO owners I've been talking to, alot of them recomended Buschur Racing. So if ANY one thinks I should buy another part PLEASE tell me. I do not want to make ANY mistakes or buy parts more than once and I'm going for ~500awhp, But that number is for later later. Right now I just want BPU, so here's the list:

-Lower IC piping EVO-31027
-HKS Super Sequential BOV
-3" Downpipe* EVO-31002
-HKS Evolution Carbon-Ti Catback 3"
-Boost Controller (Haven't decided which recommendations are welcome)
-Injen Intake
-3" Delet Pipe (Only if it's need to remove the CAT)
-Turbo Timer

Then I'll start saving for:
-G-Force KDW Tires
-Exedy Twin Plate Clutch/Flywheel Kit
-Volk CE28 18 wheels

Finally here is what happened to me because of great American Engineering:
http://home.earthlink.net/~aquez57/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/sssmeared.jpg
http://home.earthlink.net/~aquez57/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/pole.jpg
MY SEAT
http://home.earthlink.net/~aquez57/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/seat.jpg

ultraflip
06-07-2006, 01:23 PM
looks like you wrapped a pole or something

ghost_evo
06-07-2006, 01:25 PM
Ouch man glad you are alright. *you'll love the car when you get it, welcome to the group. *i would recommend the dejon mbc not as flashy as the hks but it getsthe job done. *and if you are willing to get a blow off valve with out the sound you might just want to stick with the mr p bov its a good piece. *my 2 cents

[p]dOG.
06-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Welcome aboard man! Wow that is one nasty accident good thing your oK. That pole was right at your legs :-o

blkside
06-07-2006, 01:31 PM
Glad you are alright....welcome and enjoy

EVO Neil
06-07-2006, 01:51 PM
What failed on the Cobaltt SS to cause the accident?

R3dline
06-07-2006, 02:00 PM
^what he said yo!

kEvo VIII
06-07-2006, 02:06 PM
Welcome bro... Glad u survived. Evo is soooo much better than a cobalt... you'll see.

i'd also like to know what failed on your car

Skiracer
06-07-2006, 02:18 PM
Are you gonna sue Chevy?

Skiracer
06-07-2006, 02:20 PM
^what he said yo!

Hahhaa, i love your signature pic!

EndZz
06-07-2006, 05:12 PM
Well I can't yet say what happened to the Cobalt but it did affect my ability to control the car. I need to have a little "Chat " with Chevy to see what we're going to do about it. If chevy and I do settle it I will probably get some more stuff for the EVO. I'm so anxious to get an EVO it's driving me nutz but I couldn't drive it if I buy it now so I'm just going to wait.

Macky
06-07-2006, 07:59 PM
ouch man that looks hrrible. glad you're ok

G20
06-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Your car look familiar. Did you happen to meet a graphite gray EVO-MR on 605? Glad you're ok and yeah evo is much better than that thing that you had.

For boost control, most of the mbcs are fine (i.e. dejon, blitz...). Since you're going with Buschur why don't you get their magnaflow exhaust looks sleeper and save some money. The clutch will last you at least a year if you don't launch at every intersection. Other mods that you mentioned should be ok.

Terry S
06-08-2006, 02:05 PM
And do not save up for KDW tires. There are better selections for the Evo.

Terry S

EndZz
06-09-2006, 12:25 AM
Sweet I have met a few grafite EVOs I crashed on 5-21-06 though. What tires would you guys recommend? Oh and G20 what's your name I met a Evo on the 10fwy one on the 210 and another off peck

G20
06-09-2006, 09:07 AM
Sweet I have met a few grafite EVOs I crashed on 5-21-06 though. What tires would you guys recommend? Oh and G20 what's your name I met a Evo on the 10fwy one on the 210 and another off peck

Stock tires. Very hard to beat it unless you go r-compound.

I asked because there was a red SS like your ran with me on the 605 and off course it proved what some people think that the stock evo will loose on top end wrong.

NMREJ6
06-10-2006, 05:08 PM
welcome glad your okay O0

evobong
06-15-2006, 05:05 PM
Wow! That pictures of your car look nasty. I'm glad you came out of it OK.