PDA

View Full Version : A ticket I never received?

Chris in SD
06-14-2006, 06:07 PM
So I was trying to renew my car insurance today when my quote jumped from $946 to $1760 for 6 months!!! WTF?

So I checked with them and they (Geico) said I had a ticket for speeding in Long Beach in June of 2005. EH? I haven't been to Long Beach for a couple of years, and also, I am the first to know when I get a ticket. If you guys remember, when I got lasered by the CHP motor in San Diego, I posted the details ASAP.

Bottom line - does anyone have a point of contact with the City of Long Beach or Long Beach PD that I can call to get this fixed? I need to send a form to the DMV before it'll come off my record. Same thing goes for DMV contacts.

Thanks in advance! O0

Ricardon
06-14-2006, 06:14 PM
Just call them up brother. It's amazing how many mistakes/oversights happen with the DMV. When we beat the now infamous HB drifting rap I got like 8 points added to my driving record all at once. I made a phone call and after about 10 minutes got the "We're sorry it was a mistake, it will be cleared up in 48 hours", and sure enough, in 48 hours it was all good. But I didn't know about the mistake until I got a letter in the mail saying that my license was suspended for 12 months. Shit happens like that sometimes...just give them a buzz.

Chris in SD
06-14-2006, 06:17 PM
I am just anticipating a big-ass headache since I am in VA now... I will give them a call - path of least resistance. Thanks for the tip! (I miss you RICHEEEEEEE) ;)

Skiracer
06-14-2006, 06:21 PM
PM Ultraflip. He used to work at DMV, so he should be able to guide you in the right direction.

Ricardon
06-14-2006, 06:22 PM
I am just anticipating a big-ass headache since I am in VA now... I will give them a call - path of least resistance. Thanks for the tip! (I miss you RICHEEEEEEE) ;)

Been a long time homes!

Chris in SD
06-17-2006, 06:41 AM
Bump for LBC peeps or DMV folks to help me out!

EVO Neil
06-17-2006, 06:51 AM
Just call them up brother. It's amazing how many mistakes/oversights happen with the DMV. When we beat the now infamous HB drifting rap I got like 8 points added to my driving record all at once. I made a phone call and after about 10 minutes got the "We're sorry it was a mistake, it will be cleared up in 48 hours", and sure enough, in 48 hours it was all good. But I didn't know about the mistake until I got a letter in the mail saying that my license was suspended for 12 months. Shit happens like that sometimes...just give them a buzz.

Yeah, Rich drifting in an Evo, sounds like a good idea for a movie...you're such an innovator!

Coolguy949
06-17-2006, 10:50 AM
Or a socalevo live action stunt show starring rich and a special appearance by Josh formerly of HB mits.