PDA

View Full Version : need another daily driver

lagcisco
06-19-2006, 07:43 AM
i'm tired of driving the evo in bumper to bumper traffic on my long commutes to work, what other NEW cars out there can be had for less than 25k but fit these requirements?

paddle shifted/semi-automatic
decent handling
decent milage (should be better than the evo)
decent power

the only car I know of that fits this is the VW GTI
I dont think the Civic SI has a paddle shifted version, if it did i'd jump on that

silvery_eagle
06-19-2006, 09:22 AM
Honda Fit... but it lacks a bit in the power...

j_nizzle
06-19-2006, 09:34 AM
toyota camry!

DTunedEvoX
06-19-2006, 09:51 AM
Used Audi TT?

Just get the GTI ...
The paddle shifters get old I hear =P lol

ultrawifey
06-19-2006, 10:15 AM
toyota yaris

silvery_eagle
06-19-2006, 10:38 AM
toyota yaris

yaris comes with paddle shifter?

Macky
06-19-2006, 10:40 AM
i'm tired of driving the evo in bumper to bumper traffic on my long commutes to work, what other NEW cars out there can be had for less than 25k but fit these requirements?

paddle shifted/semi-automatic
decent handling
decent milage (should be better than the evo)
decent power

the only car I know of that fits this is the VW GTI
I dont think the Civic SI has a paddle shifted version, if it did i'd jump on that

25K with those requirements? you wont find anything that would remotely satisfy those needs properly. you may get some but not all. those requirements dont usually get engineered together into one car.

paddle-shit/semi-auto + handling + power = sporty car.
paddle-shift-semi auto = expensive

sporty car x (paddle-shit/semi-auto + handling + power) = not usually below or at 25K

decent milage = non-sporty car

let me know if you find a car with these requirements. ;)

Chris in SD
06-19-2006, 01:03 PM
My GTI has 6-speed DSG (paddle shift), no sunroof, 18" wheels w/perf tires, Sirius, no leather or nav and cost $24,800. So yes, it is possible. I love my GTI - it's a great car. Very quick - a lot quicker than some 350Z drivers expected. O0

It gets about 28mpg on the freeway in "D" mode. And no, the paddles don't get boring.

Macky
06-19-2006, 01:07 PM
My GTI has 6-speed DSG (paddle shift), no sunroof, 18" wheels w/perf tires, Sirius, no leather or nav and cost $24,800. So yes, it is possible. I love my GTI - it's a great car. Very quick - a lot quicker than some 350Z drivers expected. O0

It gets about 28mpg on the freeway in "D" mode. And no, the paddles don't get boring.

DAMMIT DONT TEMPT ME!

lolz :grin:

Chris in SD
06-19-2006, 01:09 PM
Let me get back to CA, pare, and I'll let you go for it. You'll like it.

lagcisco
06-19-2006, 01:14 PM
that GTI is very tempting and seems to fit everything I listed as the requirements

gonna have to test drive one sometime, another side benefit is that its quieter than the Evo, better for the sound system at least

Macky
06-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Let me get back to CA, pare, and I'll let you go for it. You'll like it.

i know i will and i know thats gonne eff with my mind again lol

speedracer2169
06-19-2006, 03:32 PM
that GTI is very tempting and seems to fit everything I listed as the requirements

gonna have to test drive one sometime, another side benefit is that its quieter than the Evo, better for the sound system at least

That DSG is awesome. pm 05-EVO-GSR he is a sales manager at circle imports in Long Beach I'm pretty sure he can hook you up